PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think is the best DE available in FA?

RedThat
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM
And "NO" Im not including John Abraham. He is out of the mix. Absolutely "NO" rush ends, this includes Lance Johnstone as well. Im talking about a LE! One that would be a significant upgrade over Hicks. I will provide a listing of who I think is the best available. If I miss any, please care to add. Here:

-DE Greg Ellis, Dallas Cowboys

-DE Aaron Kampman, Green Bay Packers

-DE Darren Howard, New Orleans Saints

-DE Tyoka Jackson, St. Louis Rams

-DE N.D. Kalu, Philadelphia Eagles

-DE Antonio Cochran, Arizona Cardinals

-DE Ryan Denney, Buffalo Bills

-DE Kimo Von OelHoffen, Pittsburgh Steelers

-DE Orpheas Roye, Cleveland Browns

-DE Anthony Weaver, Baltimore Ravens

-DE Kyle Vandenbosch, Tennessee Titans

JBucc
01-07-2006, 03:31 PM
I really have no clue about any of them, but they're all bound to be better than Hicks.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Darren Howard is the best of that crop

RedThat
01-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I really have no clue about any of them, but they're all bound to be better than Hicks.

Orpheas Roye, and Anthony Weaver are tremendous run stoppers. But, Im thinking we need a guy that can get to the QB as well, and none of those guys on that list are appealing. Greg Ellis usually averages around 7-8 sacks a year, is solid against the run. Pretty consistent guy to have on your team. The only factor that concerns me about him is, he is getting older. He will be 31 in August. Still a solid DE, my #1 choice most likely.

Spicy McHaggis
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM

He's younger than Ellis but Howard had a down year this season. Probably a toss up for that reason but Ellis would be better out of Parcells system too IMO.

RedThat
01-07-2006, 03:38 PM

Darren Howard has a pathetic attitude. The Saints benched him for detrimental conduct to the team. His play has slipped over the years. No thanx, I don't want a guy like that on my team. He can stay the effin away. Especially since we are trying to build a SB champion. He can go elsewhere. He is a cancer, bad for overall team morale. Not good for a defense that needs help.

RedThat
01-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Aaron Kampman is solid as well. Love the effort he gives off every down. I was pimping him earlier this year, and will do so again. Great against the run, and had his best sack year this year with 6.5.

Coach
01-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Darren Howard has a pathetic attitude. The Saints benched him for detrimental conduct to the team. His play has slipped over the years. No thanx, I don't want a guy like that on my team. He can stay the effin away. Especially since we are trying to build a SB champion. He can go elsewhere. He is a cancer, bad for overall team morale. Not good for a defense that needs help.

Would you have any evidence to prove that he is a cancer, bad for overall team morale?

I mean, playing for the Saints, can simply do that.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Would you have any evidence to prove that he is a cancer, bad for overall team morale?

I mean, playing for the Saints, can simply do that.

I was going to type the same thing

Mecca
01-07-2006, 03:58 PM
You guy's who think you need giant ends to play the run watch Tampa play. They're ends aren't any bigger than Abraham and Allen and they get it done.

NJ Chief Fan
01-07-2006, 04:00 PM
abraham n howard

Rain Man
01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Raheem Brock would be a great pickup for us.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2006, 04:02 PM
You guy's who think you need giant ends to play the run watch Tampa play. They're ends aren't any bigger than Abraham and Allen and they get it done.

I want Abraham, and he's said that he would follow Edwards were ever he coaches. :thumb:

REST STOP HOOLIGAN
01-07-2006, 04:35 PM
What about Dewayne Robertson from the Jets. I know he is a Defensive tackle, but he has quite impressive speed. I'm not really sure of his contract situation.

ChiTown
01-07-2006, 04:37 PM

:rolleyes: :lame: :BS:

KCChiefsMan
01-07-2006, 04:41 PM
what about Vanden Bosch, he had a pretty good year but it was the only good year he has had in his career. I would also like Darren Howard