PDA

View Full Version : Don't take your kids sledding. It's dangerous

SNR
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Just saw on the news that they're warning you that your kid often goes at 20+ mph when sledding down a hill. They are unprotected on an unstable sled. Anything can happen.

One mom said she's not going to let her kids sled. Too many things can go wrong.

God forbid your kid gets a booboo. God forbid your kid experiences life for what it is instead of it sucking it from his/her mom's boob.

This kind of shit makes me sick. :shake:

Ari Chi3fs
01-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Go suck GoChiefs hind tit. Sledding is very dangerous... especially with no snow on the ground. :p

Mecca
01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Before long kids are gonna need a helmet to jerkoff.......

KcMizzou
01-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Go suck GoChiefs hind tit. Sledding is very dangerous... especially with no snow on the ground. :p...when tied to the bumper of a pick-up.

beer bacon
01-07-2006, 10:28 PM
When I was in 12 or 13 me and my friends used to sled off of a little cliff about four or five feet off the ground that went right onto a frozen lake. It was amazing landing and sliding 50+ feet on the frozen ice. Too bad Jimmy never made it back. His sacrifice was not in vain.

DenverChief
01-07-2006, 10:31 PM

ROFL...it all started with mandatory seatbelt laws :banghead:

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 10:40 PM
"I wouldn't mind sucking a MILF's boobie. Quite frankly, I'd choose that over sledding. Those are my thoughts, and I don't care what you have to say."
http://www.nytix.com/repository/shows/QuiteFrankly/stephen-a-smith1.jpg

AZORChiefFan
01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
I have often said that all the 'dangerous' toys I played with as as a kid like Lawn Jarts, The big yellow Tonka Dump truck with the sharp metal edges, spring loaded dart guns with the hard plastic shafts and so on are all either not made anymore or banned.

This was in effect natural selection. If you are too stupid to play with 'dangerous' toys why the hell should you make it out of childhood? Where before long you'll be driving an automobile or 2000 Lbs weapon as both my dad and grandfather told me when I got my first car.

I have said they need to bring back the dangerous toys to weed out the stupid kids. No need to have them grow up and be stupid adults!

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 10:46 PM
When I was a kid, I ate dirt, played with GI Joes and ninja turtles.

Now kids are having sex for fun...

Simplex3
01-07-2006, 10:47 PM
When I was in 12 or 13 me and my friends used to sled off of a little cliff about four or five feet off the ground that went right onto a frozen lake. It was amazing landing and sliding 50+ feet on the frozen ice. Too bad Jimmy never made it back. His sacrifice was not in vain.
Hehe. We used to slide down a hill and try to jump our sleds over a little creek. We rarely made it, we'd go home soaking wet and beat up from the rocks. You were so damn cold you wouldn't have known if you had a compound fracture, much less some bruising.

Halfcan
01-07-2006, 10:47 PM
The most dangerous thing about sledding when I was growing up-was a bigger kid knocking your azz off half way down the hill and then stealing your sled.

Simplex3
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
I have said they need to bring back the dangerous toys to weed out the stupid kids. No need to have them grow up and be stupid adults!
:clap:

listopencil
01-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Jesus. When I was about 12 years old a friend and I used to go to this old country road that ran through the woods to sled. It had a good 3/4 mile downhill stretch onto a one-lane bridge. Almost no one would drive that road in the Winter because it would collect several feet of snow. We would wait until a few people drove it enough to make tire ruts and the bottoms of the ruts would be several inches of ice. I swear we probably got up to 35+MPH. No helmets. No pads. No safety gear of any kind, just thick clothing and a lot of snow to cushion the fall. Great fun!

AZORChiefFan
01-07-2006, 10:50 PM
The most dangerous thing about sledding when I was growing up-was a bigger kid knocking your azz off half way down the hill and then stealing your sled.

Or when that crazy Santy Claus from Silent Night Deadly Night would hide and lop your head off with an axe.

Rausch
01-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I don't know who needs their ass kicked more: today's kids or today's parents.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 10:52 PM

Both.

Logical
01-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I would imagine sledding would be very dangerous in San Diego, I can see why parents do not allow it.

AZORChiefFan
01-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Starts with the parents. Most parents don't 'parent' anymore they try to be friends. I swear if I showed my ass like kids do in stores today my mom would beat the hell outta me and probably had some help.

Herzig
01-07-2006, 10:54 PM

Try being a teacher and deal with both on a daily basis.

KcMizzou
01-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Starts with the parents. Most parents don't 'parent' anymore they try to be friends. I swear if I showed my ass like kids do in stores today my mom would beat the hell outta me and probably had some help.My mom was sneaky. She'd grab me under the arm with her nails. Hurt like a bitch.

Nzoner
01-07-2006, 10:56 PM
The mrs once told me when I was 36,"some kids never grow up," this was the day after I attempted to ride a large innertube over a ramp on a large snow covered hill.

Long story short,I was laying face down on the tube and hit the ramp perfectly,unfortunately,shortly after I went airborne a good 6 foot or so the tube went one way and I the other.I cracked 3 ribs,but damn it was fun.

Rausch
01-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Try being a teacher and deal with both on a daily basis.

It's why I've opted out.

I'd only teach at a prive school. No exceptions. Don't care what religon or group.

There is no longer any accountability or responsibility for your own actions in public school.

When I realized the fry cook at McDonalds made more than most private school teachers I accepted that I don't have the love for teaching the profession requires...

Rausch
01-07-2006, 10:59 PM
The mrs once told me when I was 36,"some kids never grow up," this was the day after I attempted to ride a large innertube over a ramp on a large snow covered hill.

Long story short,I was laying face down on the tube and hit the ramp perfectly,unfortunately,shortly after I went airborne a good 6 foot or so the tube went one way and I the other.I cracked 3 ribs,but damn it was fun.

I'll grow up once I'm too old to whipe my own ass...

Nzoner
01-07-2006, 11:01 PM
My mom was sneaky. She'd grab me under the arm with her nails. Hurt like a bitch.

My mon was lightning quick,I'd try to run and in one swift motion she'd grab me by the ear,pull me towards her and then lock my head between her knees and proceed to use my back to practice the bongo drums.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:02 PM
It's why I've opted out.

I'd only teach at a prive school. No exceptions. Don't care what religon or group.

There is no longer any accountability or responsibility for your own actions in public school.

When I realized the fry cook at McDonalds made more than most private school teachers I accepted that I don't have the love for teaching the profession requires...

I don't think you meant that Brad.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:03 PM
My mon was lightning quick,I'd try to run and in one swift motion she'd grab me by the ear,pull me towards her and then lock my head between her knees and proceed to use my back to practice the bongo drums.Your back?

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't think you meant that Brad.

Here in Jeff the 6 private schools (5 Catholic, one Lutheran) average 10k a year less than public school teachers.

TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS less.

I'm not going anywhere for a while. I have to seek employment here.

Private school is out. In Cali I'm sure there are a $#itload more private schools that vary in teaching methods and religon, but here there aren't.

Here they use the "Make less, mean more" ideology...

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Your back?

I'm going to have to hit you now...

Nzoner
01-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Your back?

Yep,my back,with her palms in a slapping motion,and you didn't dare squirm too much because her knees were like a vice on the head.

I was not abused,in fact,looking back at the times she did that I more than had it coming.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:09 PM
Here in Jeff the 6 private schools (5 Catholic, one Lutheran) average 10k a year less than public school teachers.

TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS less.

I'm not going anywhere for a while. I have to seek employment here.

Private school is out. In Cali I'm sure there are a $#itload more private schools that vary in teaching methods and religon, but here there aren't.

Here they use the "Make less, mean more" ideology...Really, I truly am suprised. Private school teachers out here make big money. From what I understand over 75K some over 100K. A public school teacher here in Poway I have been told makes between 40K and 70K (not bad either but Poway has the richest district locally) but a lot lower.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Yep,my back,with her palms in a slapping motion,and you didn't dare squirm too much because her knees were like a vice on the head.

I was not abused,in fact,looking back at the times she did that I more than had it coming.I have no problem admitting I spanked my kids, but I would have never hit them on the back, too much chance for injury. The good lord gave children butts so they could be spanked injury free. LOL

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Really, I truly am suprised. Private school teachers out here make big money. From what I understand over 75K some over 100K. A public school teacher here in Poway I have been told makes between 40K and 70K (not bad either but Poway has the richest district locally) but a lot lower.

Starting wage here (private) is well under 30k.

Friend of mine started off at 24k.

Your fry cook in Cali makes more...

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm going to have to hit you now...Why is that, I did not think he had made an error, I thought it sounded dangerous.

luv
01-07-2006, 11:14 PM

Yeah, but that fry cook lives in a slum-like apartment that he pays as much for as I do for my new one. Cost of living.

Nzoner
I have no problem admitting I spanked my kids, but I would have never hit them on the back, too much chance for injury. The good lord gave children butts so they could be spanked injury free. LOL

Heh,my butt saw plenty of action as well,not to mention the old belt across the back of the legs,now that stung.

Rausch
Why is that, I did not think he had made an error, I thought it sounded dangerous.

I no longer have time to examine the context, I have to assume the usage of "your" is incorrect and act accordingly.

Friendly fire is inevitable...

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM

Your fry cook in Cali makes more...Hell you almost make more at McDonalds out here than that. Typically McDs pays about 8 an hour to start to make sure they get the best of the young people who will work in fast food. Course I think CA minimum wage out here is nearing or passed 7 an hour.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
I have no problem admitting I spanked my kids, but I would have never hit them on the back, too much chance for injury. The good lord gave children butts so they could be spanked injury free. LOL

I'd spank your daugher too... :)

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, but that fry cook lives in a slum like apartment that he pays as much as I do for my new one. Cost of living.

24K means you have a roommate or a rich daddy.

I don't care where you live...

luv
01-07-2006, 11:17 PM
24K means you have a roommate or a rich daddy.

I don't care where you live...
I made a hair under 30K this year. I'm doing good. If I made that in California, I'd have to have a roommate.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, but that fry cook lives in a slum-like apartment that he pays as much for as I do for my new one. Cost of living.This is also true, hard to find any kind of housing for less than a grand a month.

luv
01-07-2006, 11:19 PM
I loved sledding as a kid (back when we actually had winters). I don't know how many times I fell off. I survived. Let your kids have some fun. Boo-boos build character.

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:20 PM
I'd spank your daugher too... :)Either of my daughters would kick your ass.;)

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Either of my daughters would kick your ass.;)
ROFL :clap:

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I loved sledding as a kid (back when we actually had winters). I don't know how many times I fell off. I survived. Let your kids have some fun. Booboos build character.

ROFL I thought you said boobies build charachter there for just a moment. Of course that would have also been true.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:22 PM
ROFL I thought you said boobies build charachter there for just a moment. Of course that would have also been true.

Me too, I wasn't gonna say anything... ROFL

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:22 PM

Indeed... :)

Nzoner
01-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Booboos build character.

Yep,my mom used to get on me about not wearing shoes outside to play and then one day while riding my bike my foot slipped off the pedal and my toes went into the wheel spokes and proceeded to get mangled pretty good.

I started wearing shoes after that.

luv
01-07-2006, 11:24 PM
I added a dash. Hope that helps prevent more confusion. All we need is more guys on here with boobies on the brain. Wait, I guess that would be every straight guy anyway. Never mind. Carry on.

luv
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Yep,my mom used to get on me about not wearing shoes outside to play and then one day while riding my bike my foot slipped off the pedal and my toes went into the wheel spokes and proceeded to get mangled pretty good.

Now moms get onto kids if they don't have pads and a helmet on. :rolleyes:

Didn't wear them when I was young. Once again, I survived. Fell of the bike too. I'm sensing a pattern.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:28 PM
I added a dash. Hope that helps prevent more confusion. All we need is more guys on here with boobies on the brain. Wait, I guess that would be every straight guy anyway. Never mind. Carry on.

luv2rite...I give you...the male brain...
http://www.doheth.co.uk/funny/misc/Male_Brain.gif

luv
01-07-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.doheth.co.uk/funny/misc/Male_Brain.gif
ROFL I love it!

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:30 PM

"Well...what did we learn?"

Logical
01-07-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.doheth.co.uk/funny/misc/Male_Brain.gifThis is clearly wrong, the left side is thinking about receiving blow jobs. Pretty good though.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:34 PM
This is clearly wrong, the left side is thinking about receiving blow jobs. Pretty good though.

I find the animation very sexist...we like to eat too.

luv
01-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Some of them are.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Some of them are.
ROFL nice.

Rausch
01-07-2006, 11:37 PM

Liar.

Means to an end...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Liar.

Means to an end...
ROFL

Valiant
01-08-2006, 12:17 AM

That sucks, there is a program here in KC that allows current college students the chance to start thier teaching career while still in school. Just have to sign a 3-year contract to teach and get it done in those 3 years.. It start out 27k+ plus...

kregger
01-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Not to mention beer drinking.

the Talking Can
01-08-2006, 08:10 AM
I let my kids share needles.

This one needle per fix crap is typical liberal pansy hogwash.

CosmicPal
01-08-2006, 08:21 AM

George Carlin said that in one of his skits and he's right..."...kids are forced to wear a helmet for everything these days and before long kids will need a helmet for jerking off..."