PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell do we need a receiver so badly?

SNR
01-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Everyone's got their panties in a wad over the Chiefs signing a bigtime WR because apparently we need one.

We've gone 4 years as a top 3 offense with the likes of Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton, and Samie Parker as our top guys.

Spend the money on a position of NEED, not a position that doesn't need to be fixed even though there's no big name at that position.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 11:53 AM
We don't need one.

We could use a new head coach, though.

TinyEvel
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
You might be right, But if I were the Receiving coach, I'd have those guys doing catch drills for about 7 months, starting Feb. 01.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-08-2006, 12:03 PM
We need brand new DT's...with the exception of Browning, we might have the worst DT's ever

SNR
01-08-2006, 12:09 PM
We need brand new DT's...with the exception of Browning, we might have the worst DT's everDalton is an okay BACKUP, not a starter. When GRob had 5 DTs, that was a nice concept. The ones we had sucked ass, but it was a nice concept

KCChiefsFan88
01-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Kennison is going to be what 33 years old this year? He's going to slow down sooner or later. Also I don't think Boerigter is going to be back, and Horn wasn't much of a factor after the Miami game. That leaves the Chiefs pretty thin at WR.

However it really doesn't matter, considering Herm is probably going to want to bring back that vaunted Martyball offense where the WRs only role is downfield blocking and the only passing play is the little swing pass to the RB.

Brock
01-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Kennison can't keep it up forever. I would like to see it addressed sooner rather than later.

mlyonsd
01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
While I'd love to see a guy like Steve Smith or Santana Moss in a Chiefs uniform I'm not sure they would prosper in our offense.

Herzig
01-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I don't want a WR in the 1st round of the draft(they take years to develop into pro stud WR's...just look at the big name WR's drafted this year...Edwards, Willamson, Williams, Clayton)...maybe pick up one in the second or third.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs pick up a vet WR in FA...maybe Moulds or someone like that who's pretty reliable and cheap.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2006, 12:32 PM
we do NEED a #1 wide receiver ... i think it's the key to keeping our offense cranking when it comes to the big games against the big defenses.

that said, we NEED a better defensive line a lot more than a WR.

we NEED better safety play a lot more than a WR.

milkman
01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
we do NEED a #1 wide receiver ... i think it's the key to keeping our offense cranking when it comes to the big games against the big defenses.

that said, we NEED a better defensive line a lot more than a WR.

we NEED better safety play a lot more than a WR.

Agreed.

I think, for now, we have to hope that Parker continues to grow, and that guys like Thorpe and McIntyre develop.

BigMeatballDave
01-08-2006, 12:39 PM
We could use a new head coach, though.Racist prick...
:)

Mecca
01-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't want a WR in the 1st round of the draft(they take years to develop into pro stud WR's...just look at the big name WR's drafted this year...Edwards, Willamson, Williams, Clayton)...maybe pick up one in the second or third.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs pick up a vet WR in FA...maybe Moulds or someone like that who's pretty reliable and cheap.

Actually free agent WR's, bust more than any other players in the free agent market. You take a major risk signing a WR to large money. This year the WR class hasn't been great in the NFL. Williamson doesn't play much, Edwards got hurt, Mike Williams is playing in the cluster**** that is the Lions, Mark Clayton started producing when Boller did.

But if you go to the year before that, there were some first round WR's who put up good stats right away. Mike Clayton and Lee Evans come to mind.

Santonio Holmes is a Steve Smith clone and a great fit for our offense. I'm not sure it's our top need but there may be a guy on the board when we pick who's a perfect fit at the position.

shaneo69
01-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Everyone's got their panties in a wad over the Chiefs signing a bigtime WR because apparently we need one.

We've gone 4 years as a top 3 offense with the likes of Eddie Kennison, Johnnie Morton, and Samie Parker as our top guys.

Spend the money on a position of NEED, not a position that doesn't need to be fixed even though there's no big name at that position.

I totally agree. Our 5 WR's next year should be EK, SP, DH, Crappy, and McIntyre. I wouldn't draft or sign any more WR's.

Our WR situation won't appear so bad once Boe and Horn are gone.

And like you mentioned, we've been fine for the past 4 years without stud WR's.

LiL stumppy
01-08-2006, 01:08 PM
I agree.

chiefs1111
01-08-2006, 01:10 PM
well look at it this way,our wrs arent scaring anybody right now. i think it depends on whos there at the 20th pick. i think we need an o-linemen or D-linemen more and then we can take a WR in the 2nd round. id like to see someone like S> Holmes or D haggan from asu. heck maybe even chad jackson from Fla. i dont even know whos out there in FA either that we can look at. just pictur how much better our offense would already be with a big time wide out... and yes kennison will be 33 so i think we need to take a look

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Reggie Wayne, last year, I wanted Plaxico Burress... he would have owned in our system.

chiefsfan1963
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
we need a top 20 D and a true #1 wr and no team can stop us next year.

MahiMike
01-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Without Saunders, we'll need some WR's and then some!

Herzig
01-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Reggie Wayne, last year, I wanted Plaxico Burress... he would have owned in our system.

Reggie would be interesting on our team for sure...but I'm not so sure that ANY receiver wouldn't excel with Peyton throwing to him.

Herzig
01-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually free agent WR's, bust more than any other players in the free agent market. You take a major risk signing a WR to large money. This year the WR class hasn't been great in the NFL. Williamson doesn't play much, Edwards got hurt, Mike Williams is playing in the cluster**** that is the Lions, Mark Clayton started producing when Boller did.

But if you go to the year before that, there were some first round WR's who put up good stats right away. Mike Clayton and Lee Evans come to mind.

Santonio Holmes is a Steve Smith clone and a great fit for our offense. I'm not sure it's our top need but there may be a guy on the board when we pick who's a perfect fit at the position.

Michael Clayton sucked dog balls this year..his rookie year he produced though. As far as FA WR's, I said someone cheap and reliable(which may be hard to find)...

Anyone have a list of FA WR's this year?

milkman
01-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Reggie would be interesting on our team for sure...but I'm not so sure that ANY receiver wouldn't excel with Peyton throwing to him.

You have to wonder just how good Trent might look if he had the receivers that Mangina has.

Fruit Ninja
01-08-2006, 01:42 PM
I am on the TO bandwagon, 1 year contract, with incentives. Some clauses to make him shut up, or he doesnt get paid. Thats about all he will recieve anyways. I dont know people dont like T.O, but i really dont care. He will be great for this team, for 1 year.

philfree
01-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I am on the TO bandwagon, 1 year contract, with incentives. Some clauses to make him shut up, or he doesnt get paid. Thats about all he will recieve anyways. I dont know people dont like T.O, but i really dont care. He will be great for this team, for 1 year.

No T.O.. I think we've proven the last four years that you don't have to have a Moss or a T.O. type on offense as much as you need a Willie Roaf a Will Shields a Brian Waters type of guys. You need time more then you need time more then anything in the passing game. We need to keep looking for a WR to improve our O but not as much as we need to keep looking for O linemen.

PhilFree:arrow:

Mecca
01-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Michael Clayton sucked dog balls this year..his rookie year he produced though. As far as FA WR's, I said someone cheap and reliable(which may be hard to find)...

Anyone have a list of FA WR's this year?

http://s12.invisionfree.com/NFL_Draft_Blitz/index.php?showtopic=1983

That has a list of every teams free agents after this year.

RedThat
01-08-2006, 02:09 PM
We dont need WRs. We have Sammie Parker, and he looks promising. Kennison is solid and can still play. All this talk about him diminishing, I don't buy it. Just look at the stats, he had one of his best years this year. Diminshing? puh-lease. Despite an off-year, TE Tony Gonzalez is still producing. Our receivers are fine.

What we need is re-construction on this D-line. Especially if we run a zone cover 2....The line needs help! Jared Allen is the only guy we got.

We need to draft a DT in the 1st round. I like what I hear from Haloti Ngata, and Roderick Wright seems ok. We could also use an upgrade at LE, I like Greg Ellis.

Skip Towne
01-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Do the Jets have anybody we could steal? They're pretty easy.

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 04:07 PM
The needs are as follows DT,DE,OT

In FA the DE targets should be Darren Howard and John Abraham.

The draft going by BPA in the first two rounds.

1) OT Marcus McNeill

2) DT Gabe Watson

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
The needs are as follows DT,DE,OT

In FA the DE targets should be Darren Howard and John Abraham.

I hope you don't think we're getting both of those guys.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I think #1 WR should be one of our off-season priorities. Our passing game is no longer feared and we need to have someone that the D has to gameplan for so they don't load up on stopping LJ.

Miles
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Antonio Bryant would be a really nice addition.

While I would prefer another starting WR, we definitly need at least another vet to play the slot. Please no more Horn next year.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Our passing game is no longer feared

Yeah our QB only passed for the 2nd-most yards. :rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 04:13 PM
I hope you don't think we're getting both of those guys.

Either one

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Do we need to sit you in the corner?????? Jesus, nitpicking on every damn post

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:16 PM

Yeah but Trent wasn't in the top 10 for TD's. In fact Plummer was ahead of Trent. We all know that LJ and the O-Line drive this offense not our passing game and certaintly not our WR's.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Not one of our WR's make the top 30 in receiving TD's. Pathetic.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah but Trent wasn't in the top 10 for TD's. In fact Plummer was ahead of Trent. We all know that LJ and the O-Line drive this offense not our passing game and certaintly not our WR's.

That doesn't mean our passing game isn't "feared."

Kennison and Parker both have speed to get deep and both did this year.

If Gonzalez's red zone performance had not dropped off, Trent's TDs would have been right up there as usual.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Do we need to sit you in the corner?????? Jesus, nitpicking on every damn post

I call 'em like I see 'em.

It's called a discussion board for a reason.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:25 PM

If Gonzalez's red zone performance had not dropped off, Trent's TDs would have been right up there as usual.

Our Passing isn't feared because Tony's play has dropped off and our WR's are below average. Eddie is a solid #2 WR but the rest of the WR corp sucks.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Our Passing isn't feared because Tony's play has dropped off and our WR's are below average. Eddie is a solid #2 WR but the rest of the WR corp sucks.

Parker is an up-and-comer. He'll get 1,000 yards next year if he stays healthy.

Gonzalez hasn't dropped off.

Our passing offense is fine, get a frigging defense.

KcMizzou
01-08-2006, 04:32 PM

I agree that Gonzalez is still playing at a very high level... but there does seem to be some truth to the notion that he can't break a tackle to save his life. What's up with that?

kcfanXIII
01-08-2006, 04:34 PM
We dont need WRs. We have Sammie Parker, and he looks promising. Kennison is solid and can still play. All this talk about him diminishing, I don't buy it. Just look at the stats, he had one of his best years this year. Diminshing? puh-lease. Despite an off-year, TE Tony Gonzalez is still producing. Our receivers are fine.

What we need is re-construction on this D-line. Especially if we run a zone cover 2....The line needs help! Jared Allen is the only guy we got.

We need to draft a DT in the 1st round. I like what I hear from Haloti Ngata, and Roderick Wright seems ok. We could also use an upgrade at LE, I like Greg Ellis.
dt, or de. either would be fine with me. eric hicks sucks

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Parker is an up-and-comer. He'll get 1,000 yards next year if he stays healthy.

Our passing offense is fine, get a frigging defense.

I agree about getting a defense and I suppose that is why they hired Herm.

IMO we don't have a true #1 WR that is the go to guy for this offense.

We can agree to disagree.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree about getting a defense and I suppose that is why they hired Herm.

IMO we don't have a true #1 WR that is the go to guy for this offense.

We can agree to disagree.

A #1 WR would be a luxury.

Munson
01-08-2006, 04:42 PM
KC has needed a big play receiver for years now. Eddie Kennison is reliable, but not a threat. Samie Parker is fast, and shows his potential at times, but he drops too many passes. We need someone who can do something after the catch, instead of fumbling, or falling down waiting to get hit.

If we go with WR in the first round, I think we should take a long look at Santonio Holmes out of Ohio State. He is a small, quick guy that the Chiefs seem to prefer. He can stretch the field like Samie Parker is supposed to. Simply put, he is a playmaker. He's the type of receiver that can get you those 40 or 50 yard touchdown receptions that our receivers never do.

Think about it. Who is our biggest receiving threat? Its Tony Gonzalez. He is usually double covered because opposing defenses don't fear any of our receivers. Teams have been know to use their #1 corner on TG. With a playmaking receiver such as Santonio Holmes, opposing teams would be hesitant to double cover anyone.

jAZ
01-08-2006, 04:42 PM
we need a top 20 D and a true #1 wr and no team can stop us next year.
We had a top 20 D this year.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:43 PM
A #1 WR would be a luxury.

My main concern is that teams will stack the line next year to stop LJ and I don't believe our current WR's are good enough when D's do stack the line to come up and make a big play.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 04:45 PM
My main concern is that teams will stack the line next year to stop LJ and I don't believe our current WR's are good enough when D's do stack the line to come up and make a big play.

ROFL

Yeah because no one had that idea the last five years.

This is getting retarded. We go through this EVERY offseason, even after passing for 4,000 yards EVERY YEAR.

WE DO NOT NEED A #1 WR. WE NEED A DEFENSE.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 04:55 PM
ROFL

Yeah because no one had that idea the last five years.

This is getting retarded. We go through this EVERY offseason, even after passing for 4,000 yards EVERY YEAR.

WE DO NOT NEED A #1 WR. WE NEED A DEFENSE.

No shit that is why they hired your boyfriend Herm.

Hey Trent threw for 3700 yds in 2001 with Derrick Anderson, Snoop Minnis, Eddie Kennison, Larry Parker and Chris Thomas.

WOW THAT IS ONE AWESOME WR's CORP. :rolleyes:

milkman
01-08-2006, 05:01 PM

Hey Trent threw for 3700 yds in 2001 with Derrick Anderson, Snoop Minnis, Eddie Kennison, Larry Parker and Chris Thomas.

His point is, we've managed to be among the top offenses for years, with something less than a stellar WR corps, but have been to only one playoff in that time because WE SUCK ASS on defense.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 05:03 PM

I don't know why you brought up that year. It's irrelevant.

Our WR corps is fine.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 05:04 PM
His point is, we've managed to be among the top offenses for years, with something less than a stellar WR corps, but have been to only one playoff in that time because WE SUCK ASS on defense.

I understand and I semi-agree with his point but to say we don't need any improvement in that position is just plain stupid.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 05:09 PM
I don't know why you brought up that year. It's irrelevant.

Our WR corps is fine.

Because you keep bringing up the fact that we throw for alot of yards so our WR's must not suck. Trent threw for 3780 yds that year and BTW we had the 11th ranked D that year.

YDs doesn't mean shit IMO, scoring and TD's is what matters.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Because you keep bringing up the fact that we throw for alot of yards so our WR's must not suck. Trent threw for 3780 yds that year and BTW we had the 11th ranked D that year.

Uh..our D ranked 23rd that year.

We don't NEED #1 WRs. Our wide receivers don't "suck" either.

The only reason you think we do is because the defense is so piss poor.

dirk digler
01-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Uh..our D ranked 23rd that year.

We don't NEED #1 WRs. Our wide receivers don't "suck" either.

The only reason you think we do is because the defense is so piss poor.

Yep you're right my bad we were #11 in Passing D but overall #23.

Gochiefs I know our D sucks arse and it has for 5 years now and I believe that is why CP went and hired Herm so he could come in and turn around the D.

But at the same time we can't forget about the rest of the team, we need O-Line help, WR help and a QBOTF.

SNR
01-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Yep you're right my bad we were #11 in Passing D but overall #23.

Gochiefs I know our D sucks arse and it has for 5 years now and I believe that is why CP went and hired Herm so he could come in and turn around the D.

But at the same time we can't forget about the rest of the team, we need O-Line help, WR help and a QBOTF.Oline help: Yes
QBOTF: We need one eventually. We can afford to stall one or two more years, though
WR: Not at all a must.

You say scoring points is what matters. Where the hell have you been the past four seasons? That's all this offense has been doing is scoring points to try and cover up the D's ineptitude. Who gives a shit if it's Larry Johnson, Eddie Kennison, Dante Hall, or Ronnie f*cking Cruz who scores the points?

Our WRs are good enough to play on the #1 offense in the NFL for 4 seasons. Who cares if they aren't household names?

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 05:50 PM
Kennison can't keep it up forever. I would like to see it addressed sooner rather than later.

As would I. Plus, for every good play Kennison makes, he makes two bad ones. Dropped balls, alligator arms, etc. Parker has potential, but the jury is still out on him.

chief118
01-08-2006, 07:07 PM
What about Antonio Bryant. He had 1000 yard season and is a free agent. cheap too.

FRCDFED
01-08-2006, 07:50 PM

If Gonzalez's red zone performance had not dropped off, Trent's TDs would have been right up there as usual.Maybe Gonzales' red zone performance dropped off because teams could afford to assign their #1 CB to cover him due to our WEAK WR core.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Maybe Gonzales' red zone performance dropped off because teams could afford to assign their #1 CB to cover him due to our WEAK WR core.

Nope. I don't know why it happened but that sure as shit wasn't it. I think it had more to do with the O-line than anything.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Nope. I don't know why it happened but that sure as shit wasn't it. I think it had more to do with the O-line than anything.

Whatever.

There is NO WR on this team an opposing defense feels it needs to double cover.

They just bring 8 in the box and double Gonzo...

Rausch
01-08-2006, 07:56 PM
As would I. Plus, for every good play Kennison makes, he makes two bad ones. Dropped balls, alligator arms, etc. Parker has potential, but the jury is still out on him.

We have the worst WR's in the AFCW and you don't think that's a problem?

FRCDFED
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
If Craphonso works out and Sammie Parker figures out how to apply the bottle of stick-em to his gloves before a game then we may have two speedsters for the future and our problems will be solved. With Trent at QB it doesn't matter if the WR can stretch the field or not because he can't get the ball to them alla Trents first season with EK where he underthrew a lot of passes and became known as TrInt.

We do need a tough WR to go across the middle and make yards after the catch. The best one ever to play the game (TO) is available but comes with strings attached.

We also need OL, DL, and a QBOTF with an arm that can make the deep throws and back off the safeties.

Carl just needs to take the BAP with a PROVEN college resume from either WR, OL, DL, or QB that is on the board when we draft and we will be fine. Proven college players make the NFL transition quicker ala DJ, LJ.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 08:04 PM

We may have the worst WR's in the NFL. How many teams have worse WR's than us? I'm guessing of there are any that do, those teams aren't expecting to contend.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Whatever.

There is NO WR on this team an opposing defense feels it needs to double cover.

They just bring 8 in the box and double Gonzo...

Sorry, you're wrong.

Are you going to sit here and tell me Gonzalez had 10 TDs a year or whatever previously because of some WR threat we USED to have?

Gonzalez's redzone dropoff had NOTHING to do with wide receivers.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 08:07 PM
With Trent at QB it doesn't matter if the WR can stretch the field or not because he can't get the ball to them

Do you even watch the games? ROFL

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Sorry, you're wrong.

Are you going to sit here and tell me Gonzalez had 10 TDs a year or whatever previously because of some WR threat we USED to have?

Gonzalez's redzone dropoff had NOTHING to do with wide receivers.

And I'm sure that adding a quality no 1 threat wouldn't open up things for Gonzo or Kennison either.

No way...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 08:11 PM

I didn't say that. I was agreeing with Brock that we need new WRs, more or less...

FRCDFED
01-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Do you even watch the games? ROFLUh........no, I am just addicted to mindless chatter........sorry, continue with your endless defense of our WR core.

Bwana
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Because we still don't have a true #1 WR on this team.

Count Zarth
And I'm sure that adding a quality no 1 threat wouldn't open up things for Gonzo or Kennison either.

No way...

Probably would.

It's not needed. Our offense is great. Get a defense in here.

Brock
Uh........no, I am just addicted to mindless chatter........sorry, continue with your endless defense of our WR core.

Green is 4th in the league in yards per attempt. That sort of annihilates your contention that Green can't throw a deep ball.

Chiefnj
01-08-2006, 08:14 PM
A new conservative head coach and the top WR getting long in the tooth = need for a #1 WR.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I didn't say that. I was agreeing with Brock that we need new WRs, more or less...

Great.

Now let's move on to guys we can sign that aren't completely ****ing crazy...

FRCDFED
01-08-2006, 08:15 PM
GoChiefs, I just realized that I joined the Planet 5 months before you and have in excess of 24,000 less posts.

I'm not sure what that means but I'm sure it has something to do with your opinion being more in tune with what this team needs than mine. :hmmm:

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, we need a WR. But it's pretty low on the list of needs.

My list of needs would be:
DT
S
OT
DE
WR

It's not a matter of not needing a better WR. It's a matter of needing other things more. Besides, we have some young receivers. Parker is entering his third year, which is often a breakout year for receivers. Thorpe was highly touted before his college injury, and could be good if he can regain that form.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 08:21 PM
GoChiefs, I just realized that I joined the Planet 5 months before you and have in excess of 24,000 less posts.

I'm not sure what that means but I'm sure it has something to do with your opinion being more in tune with what this team needs than mine. :hmmm:

You're not a true fan.

Brock
01-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Great.

Now let's move on to guys we can sign that aren't completely ****ing crazy...

UFA Antonio Bryant just put up his first 1000 yard season with Trent Dilfer as his QB. I don't really care if he's crazy.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:22 PM
If we draft another ****ing safety in the first three rounds I'm throwing my ****ing television out the window...

Mecca
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
If our first round pick comes up, and it's Rod Wright or Santonio Holmes. We should be picking the WR.......

Brock
01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
If we draft another ****ing safety in the first three rounds I'm throwing my ****ing television out the window...

Sorry, but we probably NEED another ****ing safety.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:25 PM
UFA Antonio Bryant just put up his first 1000 yard season with Trent Dilfer as his QB. I don't really care if he's crazy.

Definitely worth a look.

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
If we draft another ****ing safety in the first three rounds I'm throwing my ****ing television out the window...We need safeties. The average age of our safeties is over 30.

Besides, safety is a position that can get into the starting line-up quicker than some other positions (generalization).

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Sorry, but we probably NEED another ****ing safety.

We have 8 on roster.

We drafted 7 of them.

Somehow, I don't think drafting another one is the answer to our problems...

Mecca
01-08-2006, 08:28 PM
As long as it's Darnell Bing, I'm fine with safety in the first round.

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
We have 8 on roster.

We drafted 7 of them.

Somehow, I don't think drafting another one is the answer to our problems...We have five on the roster. Ages 33, 31, 29, 28, and Scott Connot.

Brock
01-08-2006, 08:30 PM
We have 8 on roster.

We drafted 7 of them.

I'm counting 5, if you count Bartee and Woods. Other than that, we have Connot, who probably also sucks, Wesley who we know sucks, and Sammie Knight.

jspchief
Bing or Huff could start for KC immediately, and be an improvement IMO.

Bwana
We have 8 on roster.

We drafted 7 of them.

I wonder if there is anyone in free agency that looks decent?

RedThat
01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
We have 8 on roster.

We drafted 7 of them.

It don't matter?! They all stink anyway