PDA

View Full Version : Vermiel's Chiefs would have been tough to beat if they had made it to the playoffs!

chiefsfan1963
01-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Watching both playoff games yesterday made me realize how dangerous a team KC would have been had they made the playoffs! Given what I saw yesterday I firmly believe they would have at least advanced to the AFC Championship game. Herm is licking his chomps right now getting ready to inherit Vermiel's Chiefs. Thanks to DV he has an opportunity to not only make the playoffs next year but to go the distance.

milkman
01-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah.

Just like they were tough to beat when ever they went on the road throughout the season.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Yeah, if the games were at Arrowhead. We beat 1/2 of the playoff field at Arrowhead. On the road we were a different team.

alanm
01-08-2006, 01:24 PM
My ass would have been tough to wipe if I'd of taken a shit this morning too. :)

gblowfish
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
I hate optimists.

Seems to me we didn't beat a single winning team on the road this year.

Probably why we're not in the playoffs....
DUH!

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 01:43 PM
they would've been tough if every game was a home game. They can't win on the road.

ArrowheadHawk
01-08-2006, 01:44 PM
whats with all the negativity

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 01:45 PM
whats with all the negativity
the fact that we are probably better than 1/2 of these teams in the playoffs, yet we're not playing in the playoffs.

ArrowheadHawk
01-08-2006, 01:48 PM
the fact that we are probably better than 1/2 of these teams in the playoffs, yet we're not playing in the playoffs.
according to the nfl we are not better or else we would be playing this weekend...thats the way it is so deal with it

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 01:52 PM
according to the nfl we are not better or else we would be playing this weekend...thats the way it is so deal with it
you're kidding yourself

penguinz
01-08-2006, 01:56 PM
you're kidding yourself
You are the one who his kidding themselves. If we were good enough to be in that playoffs we would not be sitting at home. If we were good enough to be in the playoffs we would scored more than 3 points in Buffalo. If we were good enough to be in the playoffs we would not have blown a 17 point lead at home against Philly.

penchief
01-08-2006, 02:02 PM
chiefsfan1963 makes a valid point.

While I agree that our defense has been absolutely crappy at times we finished the season dominating two teams that were playoff bound. And we finished 4-2 against teams that were fighting to make the playoffs. Granted, we laid an egg in NY but we played a game Dallas team tough and would have won with the breaks going our way instead of theirs.

The way we've played over the last six weeks gives me reason to agree with the point of this thread. LJ is dominant and the defense came through in many of those games. Rushing the ball and stopping the running game are two of the biggest factors in playoff football. Given the fact that we really had nothing to lose, I think we would have definitely been on everyone's list of teams that they would have wanted to avoid in the playoff chase.

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 03:54 PM
You are the one who his kidding themselves. If we were good enough to be in that playoffs we would not be sitting at home. If we were good enough to be in the playoffs we would scored more than 3 points in Buffalo. If we were good enough to be in the playoffs we would not have blown a 17 point lead at home against Philly.
If we hadn't been wasting time on Priest Holmes and his ineffectiveness that game and the entire first half of the season, we wouldn't have blown that game. We only lost because our offense couldn't move the ball, and that's because Priest often struggled to pick up even a yard or two per carry.

ChiefsCountry
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
If we hadn't been wasting time on Priest Holmes and his ineffectiveness that game and the entire first half of the season, we wouldn't have blown that game. We only lost because our offense couldn't move the ball, and that's because Priest often struggled to pick up even a yard or two per carry.

Add Priest to the list of reasons we didnt make the playoffs.

kcfanXIII
01-08-2006, 04:12 PM
i have a suggestion to help with the lousy play on the road. stop with the "victory mondays." i hate the idea of the team having monday off after a victory. whatever happend to the midnight rule? i know a lot of fans on here even follow the midnight rule. we would bask in the glow of victory, than monday morning discusion shifted toward what needed to be done the next week. if you wanna have a nice, walk through and workout, fine. but keep the guys focused on what has to be done to win the next week.
i'm of the belief that a change in coaching philosophy will do this team some good. the talent seems to be there on the field, with most players showing flashes of brilliance at times, but down right terrible play at others.
that being said, although a team wouldn't have wanted to face kc in the playoffs, i think the scariest team come playoff time is new england. at least untill they prove they can be beaten in the post season.

milkman
01-08-2006, 04:23 PM

ROFL

Coogs
01-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Watching both playoff games yesterday made me realize how dangerous a team KC would have been had they made the playoffs! Given what I saw yesterday I firmly believe they would have at least advanced to the AFC Championship game. Herm is licking his chomps right now getting ready to inherit Vermiel's Chiefs. Thanks to DV he has an opportunity to not only make the playoffs next year but to go the distance.

The ESPN Pre-Game show had a piece on "who didn't make the playoffs this year but will next". The picks were....

Miami
Atlanta
San Diego

Seems like maybe they don't think we can beat anybody on the road yet either.

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:00 PM
whats with all the negativityYou misspelled reality.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:01 PM
chiefsfan1963 makes a valid point.

Not likely...

Bwana
01-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Would of, could of, should of. Looking back at the season, there were games we should have won which we didn't as well. Lets hope we can put together something next year where we have the opportunity to find out what we can do in the playoff mix.

tommykat
01-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Would of, could of, should of. Looking back at the season, there were games we should have won which we didn't as well. Lets hope we can put together something next year where we have the opportunity to find out what we can do in the playoff mix.

Very well said! :D

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:09 PM
If we hadn't been wasting time on Priest Holmes and his ineffectiveness that game and the entire first half of the season, we wouldn't have blown that game. We only lost because our offense couldn't move the ball, and that's because Priest often struggled to pick up even a yard or two per carry.Yea, we should have been using LJ. Oh wait, we did use LJ. He fumbled on KC's side of the field and handed 6 easy points to Philly.

Priest Holmes wasn't our problem in that game. Turnovers from Green, Hall, and LJ were. So was a run/pass ratio of 1:3 in the second half.

We didn't secure tha ball, and Saunders did his typical assinine second half play-calling.

SNR
01-08-2006, 09:21 PM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...