PDA

View Full Version : John Abraham-What's His Contract And Health Status

philfree
01-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Since it looks like Herm is gonna be the new HC maybe a guy like Abraham would follow him to KC to help with fixing the D.

PhilFree:arrow:

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 02:58 PM
money is always louder than loyalty.

Valiant
01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
That and there is no way in hell the jets would allow him to come to KC... They will franchise him out of spite..

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
That and there is no way in hell the jets would allow him to come to KC... They will franchise him out of spite..

They might not have the dough to do that. They are concerned about being under cap with signing there firt rounder. But if I was them I would do it out of spite.

Short Leash Hootie
01-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I can't see them putting their franchise in jeopardy because of spite...but, even if he does become an UFA, I still see him going to the highest bidder.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 03:01 PM
The Jets are going to have a serious problem franching him this year with their cap situation.

Alphaman
01-08-2006, 03:05 PM

The problem with that approach is that are already $20M over the cap (at least that's what's been reported). In order to franchise Abraham, they will need to trim $20M off the cap PLUS another $9M that it will cost to franchise him. Add in another $5M just to sign any free agents they may want. There's a good chance that he will be a free agent this year.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM
The problem with that approach is that are already $20M over the cap (at least that's what's been reported). In order to franchise Abraham, they will need to trim $20M off the cap PLUS another $9M that it will cost to franchise him. Add in another $5M just to sign any free agents they may want. There's a good chance that he will be a free agent this year.

And they have the 4th pick in the draft which is expensive.......

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I can't see them putting their franchise in jeopardy because of spite...but, even if he does become an UFA, I still see him going to the highest bidder.

This will be the problem. He will go to the highest bidder. And I doubt if that would be us or should even be us.

phxchief
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
or should even be us.

Debateable.

Chiefs may be a DOMINANT (not Allen) pass-rushing end away from a solid defense.

Sort our cap situation out, cut some crap, sign Abe and draft a stud DT and we're getting better.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Sort our cap situation out, cut some crap, sign Abe and draft a stud DT and we're getting better.

That is what I getting at. We don't have much cap room, but if they could work it out I would love to have the guy. He is better than the other three combined.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd much rather spend the money on the DT poition.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd much rather spend the money on the DT poition.

I think we should draft a DT, it's a deep position in this years draft.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
2nd round, unless Ngata falls to us by some miracle of God.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 03:38 PM
As long as we don't draft the tub of lard from the University of Texas. All he did the other night was do jumping jacks after one of his teammates made a tackle. He reminds me of Dalton. We don't need a Dalton clone.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Gabe Watson fits the bill as the type of player we need at DT.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
As long as we don't draft the tub of lard from the University of Texas. All he did the other night was do jumping jacks after one of his teammates made a tackle. He reminds me of Dalton. We don't need a Dalton clone.
Yeah, I have a feeling that Wright's invisible act in the Rose Bowl took him right out of the 1st round.

banyon
01-08-2006, 03:58 PM

Yikes. Remember this draft?

1 Houston David Carr QB Fresno State
2 Carolina Julius Peppers DE North Carolina
3 Detroit Joey Harrington QB Oregon
4 Buffalo Mike Williams T Texas
5 San Diego Quentin Jammer CB Texas
6 Kansas City Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
7 Minnesota Bryant McKinnie T Miami
8 Dallas Roy Williams FS Oklahoma
9 Jacksonville John Henderson DT Tennessee
10 Cincinnati Levi Jones T Arizona State
11 Indianapolis Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse
12 Arizona Wendell Bryant DT Wisconsin
13 New Orleans Donte' Stallworth WR Tennessee
14 N.Y. Giants Jeremy Shockey TE Miami
15 Tennessee Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee
16 Cleveland William Green RB Boston College
17 Oakland Phillip Buchanon CB Miami
18 Atlanta T.J. Duckett RB Michigan State
19 Denver Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii
20 Green Bay Javon Walker WR Florida State
21 New England Daniel Graham TE Colorado
22 N.Y. Jets Bryan Thomas DE Ala.-Birmingham
23 Oakland Napoleon Harris ILB Northwestern
24 Baltimore Ed Reed SS Miami
25 New Orleans Charles Grant DE Georgi

We sure got the S*** end of that stick.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 04:02 PM
We sure got the S*** end of that stick.
Especially considering we could have also had Dwight Freeney...

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
We could have had Marino and Rice also. Tom Brady ect ect.,

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 04:15 PM
We could have had Marino and Rice also. Tom Brady ect ect.,
Difference being we knew we were going to take a D lineman. With hindsight, you and everyone would have taken a Henderson or a Freeney over Sims every time. We didn't get it done that draft.

banyon
01-08-2006, 04:18 PM
I watched Henderson DOMINATE in college, but I hadn't heard of Ryan Sims until he got hyped up in the pre-draft talk. Peterson and Vermeil should've talked to somebody besides John Bunting about that pick.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I watched Henderson DOMINATE in college, but I hadn't heard of Ryan Sims until he got hyped up in the pre-draft talk. Peterson and Vermeil should've talked to somebody besides John Bunting about that pick.

That's what happens when John Bunting and Dick Vermiel are buds.

arrowheadnation
01-08-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't keep up on this too much, but didn't the cap number for the league go down this year? I thought the Chiefs were going to be above this cap number with all of their additions they made last offseason? Did I miss something? Can someone briefly explain what our situation is?

Ralphy Boy
01-08-2006, 06:55 PM
I wanted Sims back in September of that season, when he was a second round type, then he became a first rounder and I wanted Henderson. Damn you John Henderson for playing not to get hurt your senior year. Sims did outplay him that season and the rest is obviously history. I was happy at the end of the draft because we got my boy "Eddie Freeman".

Don't laugh, Eddie has more career sacks than Sims and he's been out of the league for 2 years. Never recovered from that broken elbow in his second year.