PDA

View Full Version : Birthday presents - anti-theft crap....

Guru
01-08-2006, 07:14 PM
My daughter had her 2nd birthday party today. What is it with toy companies and their damn metal twist ties twisted 25 times, tape everywhere, an extra super tight wire tie down, plastic bags for everything, stickers still need applied, and, oh yeah, assembly required?

Hell one of the boxes took 15 minutes to open to get the damn doll out.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 08:04 PM
That is because that shit comes from overseas. They have to make sure it won't move on that long boatride. I even bought my daughter a doll that sewed the hair to the cardboard backing. We made her bald just taking her out of the box.

Guru
01-08-2006, 08:05 PM
That is because that shit comes from overseas. They have to make sure it won't move on that long boatride. I even bought my daughter a doll that sewed the hair to the cardboard backing. We made her bald just taking her out of the box.

OK, now that one takes the cake. How stupid is that?:shake:

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 08:06 PM
No kid I know would ever be able to remove that stuff from the box. You basically need hunting gear to open a Barbie box. I put in a order for some C-4 for nexts years Christmas.

Guru
01-08-2006, 08:08 PM
No kid I know would ever be able to remove that stuff from the box. You basically need hunting gear to open a Barbie box. I put in a order for some C-4 for nexts years Christmas.

ROFLROFLROFL Sounds like a good idea to me.

ChiefsKing
01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
My daughter had her 2nd birthday party today. What is it with toy companies and their damn metal twist ties twisted 25 times, tape everywhere, an extra super tight wire tie down, plastic bags for everything, stickers still need applied, and, oh yeah, assembly required?

Hell one of the boxes took 15 minutes to open to get the damn doll out.

I noticed that on all my kids christmas presents. Everything he got was like that with all those damn ties, so I looked where it came from. It all comes from China. Everything is Made in China. I guess we have a trade agreement with them or something.

ChiefsKing
01-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I pay $8-10 for an action figure that some 12 year old chinese buy got paid .12 cents an hour to make. I have to think they would save a couple bucks by leaving out all the ties and recycle them to make more toys out of them.

Guru
01-08-2006, 10:07 PM
I pay $8-10 for an action figure that some 12 year old chinese buy got paid .12 cents an hour to make. I have to think they would save a couple bucks by leaving out all the ties and recycle them to make more toys out of them.

I sure wonder how much extra is paid to have all the "security" attached to the product.:hmmm:

Ari Chi3fs
01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
you sure are a bunch of whiney bitches.

Guru
01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
you sure are a bunch of whiney bitches.

Oh, that hurt.... :shake: