PDA

View Full Version : Who's the next Kawika?

Frankie
01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
The player that most of you are sure is a bust who will turn his play around.

Battle? Siavii? Kris Wilson? Somebody else?

Saulbadguy
01-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I'd say Siavii. I think he has the physical tools needed to become a beast, and he is entering his third year.

At the end of Kawikas second year, we all thought he was a turd, and now he is a beast.

Maybe it just takes three years...

jAZ
01-08-2006, 06:39 PM
Both were serious projects coming out of college.

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Boomer

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
You know, if one player a year turns the corner on defense, we might make it to the Super Bowl in about 2017...

Cochise
01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Bell

Frankie
01-08-2006, 06:41 PM
BoomerAt the round Boomer was drafted I don't think anyone would cry "Bust" if he doesn't make it.

mlyonsd
01-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Battle.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-08-2006, 06:43 PM
I think Kawika is still the next Kawika, he only did well this season, if he continues to improve then I will be a convert. One season doesn't a comeback player make. Though I will admit he seems legit.

Cochise
01-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I think Kawika is still the next Kawika, he only did well this season, if he continues to improve then I will be a convert. One season doesn't a comeback player make. Though I will admit he seems legit.

He played well the second half of last season, too. I think he's a proven commodity.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't understand why they can't ride Ryan Sims like that the entire offseason.

Bwana
01-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Benny Sapp

Chiefs Pantalones
01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't understand why they can't ride Ryan Sims like that the entire offseason.

I think it was because this was the first offseason (heading into 05 season) where Sims stayed in KC and worked out.

Not every players stays and works out with the team...and not every player stays nor works out...that's when a Ryan Sims is formed...

Rausch
01-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Benny Sapp
:clap:

jiveturkey
01-08-2006, 06:58 PM
Benny SappI think that Sapp, Battle and Hodge will all benefit greatly from a coach like Herm.

Chan93lx50
01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Boomer

WOW your sig gives me a Boner

ck_IN
01-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Before fitting Mitchell for a Canton bust let's put a few things in perspective. Last year and every year prior to this one he was a complete liability at LB. This year he became an average MLB. So lets not get carried away with Mr. Mitchell. By the way someone needs to tell him that flexing and pointing to his right bicep after every routine tackle looks really stupid.

The person I think could make some strides is Siavii. Sims is a bust and I doubt that Edwards will coddle him like DV did unless CP orders otherwise. Siavii on the other hand could be a good nose tackle in a 3-4 with some gym time and some coaching.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 07:21 PM
Benny SappI'm not asking for a surprise player. Quite the opposite, I'm asking for a player who came in with fairly high expectations who so far looks like a bust. Try to focus on first day draft choices.

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
At the round Boomer was drafted I don't think anyone would cry "Bust" if he doesn't make it.true, but the kid is going to break the starting lineup if KC goes to 3-4 base defense in rotation with Fox/Griffin

jiveturkey
01-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I'm not asking for a surprise player. Quite the opposite, I'm asking for a player who came in with fairly high expectations who so far looks like a bust. Try to focus on first day draft choices.Battle then.

I also think that Siavii is also going to have bone spurs removed from the back of his knee caps this off season. He was supposedly playing with some serious pain this year.

He could definitley improve just from this.

jspchief
01-08-2006, 07:36 PM
For those of you who've given up on Sims, he's the guy that I think could have a good showing in '06. I think the only thing keeping him down at this point is health.

Key Fox is the other one. Assuming he can handle the scheme changes, I think he has a lot of potential.

Frankie
01-08-2006, 07:50 PM
I'd say Siavii. I think he has the physical tools needed to become a beast, and he is entering his third year.Lacking in the attitude department, from what I hear.

Halfcan
01-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Benny Sapp

Yep that is who I was going to say.

RedandGold
01-08-2006, 07:55 PM
With Herm having a background in the defensive secondary, I expect the most improvement to come from that portion of the roster. I say that Battle is likely to show the most improvement since he really hasn't shown anything to date.

I'm not certain what our plans will be for the safety position, but I would expect to see improvement from either Wesley or Bartee if they remain on the roster.

Count Zarth
01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
With Herm having a background in the defensive secondary, I expect the most improvement to come from that portion of the roster. I say that Battle is likely to show the most improvement since he really hasn't shown anything to date.

I'm not certain what our plans will be for the safety position, but I would expect to see improvement from either Wesley or Bartee if they remain on the roster.

Hopefully Germ can be distracted from organizing his media shitlist long enough to do some one-on-one coaching.

milkman
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM

I'm thinking in a cover 2, that Warfield at SS and Bartee at FS might be a solid duo.

I like Sammy Knight, but his speed would be a weakness in a cover 2.

Of course, if we could draft a Michael Huff in the first round, then that could change things.

Dunit35
01-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Id say Junior Siavii.

Stinger
01-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Bell

If he is not cut for salary purposes then I go with Bell as well.

Rausch
01-08-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking in a cover 2, that Warfield at SS and Bartee at FS might be a solid duo.

Flip flop those two and I'd agree.

I like Sammy Knight, but his speed would be a weakness in a cover 2.

He's the same kind of player as John Lynch, who excelled in the Cover2.

Of course, if we could draft a Michael Huff in the first round, then that could change things.

We should definitely take another safety...

Stinger
01-08-2006, 08:22 PM
We should definitely take another safety... and convert him to Cornerback

Finished your quote

KCChiefsMan
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Ryan Sims...... :hmmm:

milkman
01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Flip flop those two and I'd agree.

I could be mistaken, but I think Bartee's the speedier of the two.

He's the same kind of player as John Lynch, who excelled in the Cover2.[

I agree that they are very similiar, but Lynch, although slow, still makes Knight look like the tortoise to his hare

We should definitely take another safety...

In a cover 2, the safety position is damn near as important as the defensive front.

I don't know that Huff is there, but if he is, and a guy like Nagata isn't, I'm taking the BAA at a position of need.

Logical
01-08-2006, 08:31 PM
The player that most of you are sure is a bust who will turn his play around.

Battle? Siavii? Kris Wilson? Somebody else?If they would move Battle to safety he would be my likely candidate. Siavii is getting no better so I expect him to be cut by Herm. Wilson I have no idea because we have no idea what type of offense we will run.

jiveturkey
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Bartee currently plays SS and has proven to be less that reliable in coverage.

Either way I doubt that we have two new starters at safety next year.

nomad
01-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Crap Thorpe would be a much needed suprise.

Give us 3 receivers with some wheels in Kennison, Parker and Thorpe.

Something this team needs, and we don't have to spend a high pik for.

tk13
01-08-2006, 09:37 PM
I think Key Fox-Mitchell-Johnson would not be a bad cover 2 LB group.

tk13
01-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Bartee currently plays SS and has proven to be less that reliable in coverage.

Either way I doubt that we have two new starters at safety next year.
Herm had a history of drafting a lot of safeties in New York. I don't know if he'll do it here but in NY this year they had a 4th round rookie, and a 5th rounder from last year starting at safety, and they still finished 2nd in the league in pass D.

That's pretty messed up really, considering all the money we've spent on the secondary. Surtain, Warfield, Wesley, Knight... we've paid them a lot of cash, our pass D still isn't great. The Jets added a couple cheap FA's the last couple years in Law and David Barrett, along with several draft picks, and they have a good pass D.

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
All aboard the Wilson Wagon...

philfree
01-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Herm had a history of drafting a lot of safeties in New York. I don't know if he'll do it here but in NY this year they had a 4th round rookie, and a 5th rounder from last year starting at safety, and they still finished 2nd in the league in pass D.

That's pretty messed up really, considering all the money we've spent on the secondary. Surtain, Warfield, Wesley, Knight... we've paid them a lot of cash, our pass D still isn't great. The Jets added a couple cheap FA's the last couple years in Law and David Barrett, along with several draft picks, and they have a good pass D.

Since Herm played in the secondary and coached the secondary I bet there are a few Chiefs Fans around here will be glad when he hires someone other the Giunta. Our secondary should improve a whole bunch.

PhilFree:arrow