PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter just said on NFL access that....

RedThat
01-08-2006, 08:43 PM
If Al Saunders gets a HC job elsewhere, one name that may follow Edwards to KC to coordinate our offense is.....Paul Hackett!!!!! :banghead:

*However, he also mention Norv Turner as a possible candidate to replace Al Saunders :)

jspchief
01-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Adam Schefter is a moron.

KILLER_CLOWN
01-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Man if you did hear that you didn't have to post it, what a Fuggin Downer man.

milkman
01-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Adam Schefter is nearly as reliable as Nick Athan.

Bwana
No shit? I don't want the Hack within 1000 of KC.

doomy3
no way would Paul Hackett become our OC. I would be fine with Turner though

RedThat
Man if you did hear that you didn't have to post it, what a Fuggin Downer man.

Hey man...Im just being informative

Brock
I doubt it. Herm already fired him once.

Reaper16
01-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I'd be fine with bringing Hackett here to KC....... so I can murder him with my bare f***ing hands.

Guru
I doubt that Carl would let that happen. One of the few times I would be ok with him saying "NO"

RedThat
I like Norv Turner....Id rather have Saunders personally, but, Turner is a lot better than Hackett.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I don't see them going with anyone who would change the offense.

milkman
01-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I doubt it. Herm already fired him once.

Yeah.....Carl fired Gun once.

Mr. Kotter
01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
No way Carl lets Hackett anywhere near this offense.

Not a chance.

Tribal Warfare
01-08-2006, 08:49 PM
If Al Saunders gets a HC job elsewhere, one name that may follow Edwards to KC to coordinate our offense is.....Paul Hackett!!!!!

Are you F*CKING kidding me!!!!!!!! :# :cuss:

Bwana
01-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah.....Carl fired Gun once.

Indeed, but I think I'll stick with the Adam Schefter is a moron theory.

milkman
01-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Indeed, but I think I'll stick with the Adam Schefter is a moron theory.

Me too.

Just pointing out the flaw in Brock's logic.

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Adam Schefter is a moron.

I thought he was an honest guy until this. Now i think he is EVIL for suggesting Paul STFU Hackett.

If the names Paul & Hackett ever returns to the red & gold, I'd have to find a new sport to follow. No more Chiefs football for me til 2009 when CP leaves.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2006, 12:26 AM
No shit? I don't want the Hack within 1000 of KC.

I wouldnt mind if he went 700+ miles to the west and coach there.

pr_capone
01-09-2006, 12:46 AM
If Hackett comes back to Kansas City, I kid you not, I will start wearing a Donkey's jersey from here on out.

:banghead:

banyon
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Adam Schefter should be strung up by his toenails.

Halfcan
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM

Yeah if Adam said it, it must be true.

picasso
01-09-2006, 03:36 AM
What is the obsession with Norv Turner?
The guy gets fired from everywhere he goes. He looks like he just drank a 5th and fondled a minor and in interviews he Alzheimer's let alone RUNS FOUR CONSECUTIVE TIMES AT THE GOALLINE!!!!
You NEVER take your playmakers off the field Norv!!!! If "take a break play" Moss is bitchin about that, do you want him coordinating your offense?

Wallcrawler
01-09-2006, 03:44 AM
No, that was a misinterpretation.

The only time Paul Hackett was mentioned was when Schefter was saying that Norv Turner is likely to be a favorite to take over as OC.

Schefter said that Mike Solari was a shoe in to stay, because he played College Ball with Herm Edwards at SD State.

Then he said not to rule out Norv Turner, because of ties between Turner, Hackett, and Herm Edwards.

There was nothing in Shefter's piece that came even close to saying that Paul Hackett was in the running to replace Saunders as OC.

Wallcrawler
01-09-2006, 03:48 AM
What is the obsession with Norv Turner?

Outstanding offensive coordinator. Superbowl rings, good success in Miami with Ricky Williams, and any other team he had a legitimate QB.

The guy gets fired from everywhere he goes.

As a HEAD COACH, maybe. Not as an Offensive coordinator.

He looks like he just drank a 5th and fondled a minor and in interviews he Alzheimer's let alone RUNS FOUR CONSECUTIVE TIMES AT THE GOALLINE!!!!

Heh. Two words. Kerry Collins.

You NEVER take your playmakers off the field Norv!!!! If "take a break play" Moss is bitchin about that, do you want him coordinating your offense?

If Moss is taking plays off, he doesnt need to be on the field. Moreover I would damn sure rather have Norv Turner as the OC, than Paul Hackett.

Hackett never came close to the success than Norv Turner has had as offensive coordinator.

Lzen
01-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah.....Carl fired Gun once............

Me too.

Just pointing out the flaw in Brock's logic.

Eh, there's a flaw in your logic, too. Carl fired Gun as HC, not as DC.

Rain Man
01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
If Hackett comes back to Kansas City, I kid you not, I will start wearing a Donkey's jersey from here on out.

I wouldn't go that far, but I would stop wearing any Chiefs gear.

That would be like Uganda voting Idi Amin back into power.

NaptownChief
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
How about Jimmy Raye? Are You Johnny Raye....Who wants to know...

FringeNC
01-09-2006, 11:35 AM

Did Hackett, ever in his tenure here, put an offense out on the field that was in any way comparable to the Ds that Gun has put onto the field these last two years?

I don't think he did. Don't get me wrong, I'd go crazy if Hackett was named OC. My point is that all coordinators should be held to the same standard.

htismaqe
01-09-2006, 11:37 AM
Did Hackett, ever in his tenure here, put an offense out on the field that was in any way comparable to the Ds that Gun has put onto the field these last two years?

I don't think he did. Don't get me wrong, I'd go crazy if Hackett was named OC. My point is that all coordinators should be held to the same standard.

EXCELLENT post.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Head coach - Herm Edwards
offensive coord - paul hackett
Defensive cord - kurt shottemheimer
special teams - Mike Stock
running backs - jimmy raye
secondary coach - Peter Giunta (why mess with the best)

Rain Man
01-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Statistically, Hackett's offenses were okay, but:

A) Hackett never played to win the game. He played to gain yards.

B) Hackett would give up possessions to get a few yards on third down and then punt.

C) Hackett would start players (e.g., Steve Bono) and then refuse to let them play to their abilities while they were on the field. He designed game plans that were so inexplicably limiting to players that victory was truly impossible.

D) We know from the past that Hackett will interview for other jobs instead of developing game plans, even for playoff games. Hackett doesn't care about the Chiefs or the offense or winning games. Hackett cares about Hackett.

In all seriousness, I would rather have Lin Elliott back as our kicker than have Paul Hackett back as our OC. That's not a bluff, either - I truly would. Hackett is the worst - the WORST - thing that could possibly happen to us.

FringeNC
01-09-2006, 11:48 AM

B) Hackett would give up possessions to get a few yards on third down and then punt.

C) Hackett would start players (e.g., Steve Bono) and then refuse to let them play to their abilities while they were on the field. He designed game plans that were so inexplicably limiting to players that victory was truly impossible.

D) We know from the past that Hackett will interview for other jobs instead of developing game plans, even for playoff games. Hackett doesn't care about the Chiefs or the offense or winning games. Hackett cares about Hackett.

In all seriousness, I would rather have Lin Elliott back as our kicker than have Paul Hackett back as our OC. That's not a bluff, either - I truly would. Hackett is the worst - the WORST - thing that could possibly happen to us.

The bottom line is how did Hackett compare statistically to his peers. He was a very mediocre OC. Point is Gun hasn't sniffed mediocrity these last two years.

Hackett made more effective adjustments in that Houston playoff game than Gun has done in all 32 games he has coached in his return.

Hackett = average
Gun = bottom of the barrel

htismaqe
01-09-2006, 11:48 AM

Some of that sounds alot like Gunther, especially C.

Rausch
01-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Some of that sounds alot like Gunther, especially C.

I've been a Gun fan since way back but I have no ****ing clue why he used Bell, Surtain, and Warfield the way he did.

We should have played bump n run...

Frankie
01-09-2006, 12:05 PM
offensive coord - paul hackett
Defensive cord - kurt shottemheimer
special teams - Mike Stock
running backs - jimmy raye
secondary coach - Peter Giunta (why mess with the best)

I'll add Grob's name to that dubious list of formes Chiefs coaches. You guys think of one more and we can officially change the term "the Three Stooges" to "the Seven Dwarfs."

milkman
01-09-2006, 12:29 PM
I'll add Grob's name to that dubious list of formes Chiefs coaches. You guys think of one more and we can officially change the term "the Three Stooges" to "the Seven Dwarfs."

Keystone Kops.

milkman
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Eh, there's a flaw in your logic, too. Carl fired Gun as HC, not as DC.

The point is that we've seen one man that went back to work for the man that fired him.

Carl fired him, Carl asked him to come back.

Herm fired Hackett, if he asked him to work for him again, regardless of position, would he do it?

Based on Wallcrawler's post, it's a moot point anyway.

Taco John
01-09-2006, 12:42 PM

You've got to be just fugging stupid. Adam Schefter, the President of the Professional Football Writers Association, is about as plugged in as a person can get.

milkman
01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
You've got to be just fugging stupid. Adam Schefter, the President of the Professional Football Writers Association, is about as plugged in as a person can get.

I don't give a rat's ass who the **** he is, he isn't any more reliable.

He, like just about every other journalist out there, throws shit at the wall and hopes that it sticks.

Brock
01-09-2006, 12:57 PM
shanahan to florida....yeah, he's got something plugged all right.

jspchief
01-09-2006, 01:13 PM
You've got to be just fugging stupid. Adam Schefter, the President of the Professional Football Writers Association, is about as plugged in as a person can get.I used to put a lot of stock in what Schefter had to say, but since he started working for NFL Network, he's become nothing better than a rumor mill.

Frankie
01-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Keystone Kops.
Dirty half-Dozen.