PDA

View Full Version : norv turner likely choice for chiefs OC

chiefs1111
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Adam S of nfl network was just on and he said that Norv is the likely replacement for Al S. he also mentioned Paul Hackett to ,hmmmmmmm who would you rather have lol.....

Guru
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
ummmmm, let me think...... Norv!!!!!!!!!

Bowser
01-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I would have no problem with Norv as our OC. Trent is obviously comfortable with him, and they need to keep this offensive system intact.

If Hackett comes back here, I will not support this team.

milkman
Hav any you n00bs ever heard of a thing called "Page 2"?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133334

Dunit35
Man I hope not. I will question how big of a fan I really am if Turner or HACKETT comes. Not so much on Turner, but Hackett is worst.

Mecca
01-08-2006, 11:17 PM

No way man! I didn't realize page 2 even existed.......

Guru
01-08-2006, 11:18 PM

yeah, I am sure they all take the time to see if something was previously posted before responding to it. Call out the person who starts the thread if it is soooo important to berate them.:rolleyes:

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:25 PM
yeah, I am sure they all take the time to see if something was previously posted before responding to it. Call out the person who starts the thread if it is soooo important to berate them.:rolleyes:

psst, dipshit, the thread starter is the person I'm calling out.

BIG K
01-08-2006, 11:28 PM

Hey Side,

Sent you a p.m about a month ago, did you get it?

Guru
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM

PSSST.... don't make it plural then.

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey Side,

Sent you a p.m about a month ago, did you get it?

Yeah, you were free at a really busy time at work for me.

Now I have some time.

greg63
01-08-2006, 11:34 PM

ROFLROFLROFL

Let's see; Norv keeps in tact the current #2 ranked offense, while Paul can't Hackett, well, doesn't. IMO.

BIG K
01-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, you were free at a really busy time at work for me.

Now I have some time.

Send me a p.m and we will try it again. We just go to make sure we can quickly get together before the next Chiefs Superbowl! ROFL

:banghead: I was born the year the Chiefs were in their last Superbowl...Honestly, I don't remeber much of it though... :harumph:

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Send me a p.m and we will try it again. We just go to make sure we can quickly get together before the next Chiefs Superbowl! ROFL

:banghead: I was born the year the Chiefs were in their last Superbowl...Honestly, I don't remeber much of it though... :harumph:

I have your phone #, and I'll give you a call in the next couple of days.

I was 11.
My best friend was a Viking fan.

That was a great day, although he didn't think so.

Chiefaholic
01-08-2006, 11:53 PM

Which could be said of damn near any topic. Over time every topic have been repeated over and over. Get over it.

Logical
01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
I really am coming round to the idea of Norv as OC, I believe I could jump on that bandwagon. One of several I would find acceptable.

milkman
01-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Which could be said of damn near any topic. Over time every topic have been repeated over and over. Get over it.

It's become more and more common in the last week.

And like I said in another post, it's becoming more difficult to be a smartass around here.

I'll just have to work harder at it.

Dave Lane
01-09-2006, 12:01 AM
If Hackett comes back this place will implode! It will be fun to see every member on the board with a germ warfare logo though. ROFL

Dave

Chiefnj
01-09-2006, 12:03 AM
What has Norv accomplished in the last decade that makes anyone want him?? Get past the days of Jimmy Johnson. Has he been the OC or HC of a team with a top 10 offense since he left Dallas? Is anyone impressed with what he's done in Oakland??

Dave Lane
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
What has Norv accomplished in the last decade that makes anyone want him?? Get past the days of Jimmy Johnson. Has he been the OC or HC of a team with a top 10 offense since he left Dallas? Is anyone impressed with what he's done in Oakland??

Ummm that would be a big negatory...

Dave

Mecca
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM

You got a better idea? We have to pick someone who knows this offense and won't change it. Add in that Norv and Trent are basically buddies.

Chan93lx50
01-09-2006, 12:06 AM
This place would crumble to the ground!

tk13
01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I think our offensive talent is better than anything he's had since Dallas... but yeah, I'm not sure I wouldn't just as soon give Solari the OC job. I don't know where I stand on that one... I think his and Trent's relationship is the biggest selling point there. He is someone Trent would have confidence in, and that's pretty important.

RedThat
01-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Solari deserves some consideration for the OC job....I like Turner though, so I can live with that.

Chiefnj
01-09-2006, 12:11 AM
You got a better idea? We have to pick someone who knows this offense and won't change it. Add in that Norv and Trent are basically buddies.

How does Norv know KC's offense and how do you know he won't change it? Did he run KC's offense in Washington? Miami? Oakland?

I'll give him credit for Dallas, but since then call me completely unimpressed.

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 01:20 AM
I really am coming round to the idea of Norv as OC, I believe I could jump on that bandwagon. One of several I would find acceptable.

If Turner does take over as OC, just see how much success he's had over the AFC West foes the past 2 season with OAK.

But with Paul Hacketts name mentioned now, I am getting sick to the stomach. Adam Shefter is one evil SOFTB for even bringing Hacketts name out.
:banghead:

:deevee:

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 01:23 AM
I think our offensive talent is better than anything he's had since Dallas... but yeah, I'm not sure I wouldn't just as soon give Solari the OC job. I don't know where I stand on that one... I think his and Trent's relationship is the biggest selling point there. He is someone Trent would have confidence in, and that's pretty important.

Yo TK. You'd take Norv because of just TRent's relationship? What..Green's got maybe 1-2 years left in his prime playing days, pushing it maybe 2-3 years?

Please...Norv did nothing to show he has a clue how to beat the AFC West foes. What's his 2 year record against the likes of DEN, SD and us?

NO NO NO!

But now with the mentioned of Paul Hackett, I think god really hates KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2006, 01:25 AM
Actually Turner did a decent job with Miami. When you have Jay Fielder as your quarterback, you arent going to put up huge passing numbers. Randy McMichael and Ricky Williams tore it up with Norv. Hello Tony and LJ.

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 01:33 AM
Listen up all you Norv Turner supporters!!!!

Everyone knows that the first step to winning a division, you must do well against division foes (AFC WEST)

Norv Turner's 2 years record in OAK... 1-12.

Norv Turner???/ Paul Hackett????

WHY WHY WHY must god hate Kansas City Chiefs??? I thought when he took away DT58 was bad enough, now this!!!!!

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 01:35 AM

What has he done vs the AFC West in 2 years?. How about 1-12?

God hates Kansas City Chiefs!!!! :deevee:

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Listen up all you Norv Turner supporters!!!!

Everyone knows that the first step to winning a division, you must do well against division foes (AFC WEST)

Norv Turner's 2 years record in OAK... 1-12.

Norv Turner???/ Paul Hackett????

WHY WHY WHY must god hate Kansas City Chiefs??? I thought when he took away DT58 was bad enough, now this!!!!!

Dude, its the Raiders. They flat out suck. They had no defense, a owner that just wants to throw it deep every play.

splatbass
01-09-2006, 01:47 AM
What has he done vs the AFC West in 2 years?. How about 1-12?

God hates Kansas City Chiefs!!!! :deevee:

The raiders just don't have the talent that we do. What would Saunders have done with their lack of talent? Probably about what Norv did.

philfree
01-09-2006, 02:17 AM
How does Norv know KC's offense and how do you know he won't change it? Did he run KC's offense in Washington? Miami? Oakland?

I'll give him credit for Dallas, but since then call me completely unimpressed.

Green played for Turner in Washington and Martz was the OC. If I recall Turner's offenses weren't too bad when he was with the Skins. That's where Trent played his first real stent in the NFL and he did good enough that Martz took him to St Louis to be the starter. He knows this offense as well as anyone we could hire as OC. In the words of Norv on the NFL Network commercial "That's not a bad idea".

PhilFree:arrow:

rtmike
01-09-2006, 02:29 AM
NO MORE RAIDER COACHES!! Don't we have enuf? They weren't successful with them but we always want 'em.
I understand it's nice to stay with coaches who have coached in the same division. At least go after winning programs then if that be the case.

splatbass
01-09-2006, 03:00 AM
NO MORE RAIDER COACHES!! Don't we have enuf? They weren't successful with them but we always want 'em.
I understand it's nice to stay with coaches who have coached in the same division. At least go after winning programs then if that be the case.

what raiders coaches do we have? I know Gun was there a long time ago, before his first stint here, but I can't think of any others.

rtmike
01-09-2006, 03:03 AM
mike white's another. I'm thinking he was a head coach as well. Mike's the dude Dickie is always talkin' to on the sideline.

philfree
01-09-2006, 03:26 AM
I don't consider Turner just a Raiders coach. He's had lot's of coaching stops and the Raiders stop was pretty short lived. IMO the make up of our O is alot like the Cowboys of the early '90s so Turner should be able to excell.

VonneMarie
01-09-2006, 06:48 AM

You sure are hard on the n0obs. ROFL

Alphaman
01-09-2006, 07:30 AM

I think a better idea is Terry Shea. Here's why. Mike Martz, Al Saunders, Norv Turner and Cam Cleeland all ran a similar offense but ran their own version of it. The best thing for the Chiefs would be to continue running Saunders' version (with all the shifts and downfield passing attack that Green is now very familiar with). Shea is one of two men outside of Saunders to run this version, the other is Solari.

The Chiefs had a great system where Solari, Saxson and Verduzco would work out the frame of the running game, Shea, Joyner and Verduzco would work out the frame of the passing game and then each group would meet with Saunders separately to add the finishing touches. I think that system will continue with Shea as the play caller. Solari (who I think the Chiefs will give a OC salary to stay) would still be involved with the finer points of the running game.

Yes Shea failed in Chicago as OC, but only got 1 year to run it. We had to overhaul our roster to run this offense. It didn't happen in 1 year. Remember how long it took our WRs to catch on to it? Double that for a QB. Grossman admittedly struggled with the shifts and movements. Our offense did ok in spite of our WRs because Green new the system that first year. Grossman and the WRs struggled and the team struggled with the shifts.

chief52
01-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Green played for Turner in Washington and Martz was the OC. If I recall Turner's offenses weren't too bad when he was with the Skins. That's where Trent played his first real stent in the NFL and he did good enough that Martz took him to St Louis to be the starter. He knows this offense as well as anyone we could hire as OC. In the words of Norv on the NFL Network commercial "That's not a bad idea".

I believe Martz was the QB coach at Washington under Turner and then took Green with him when he was promoted to OC in St. Louis. Not sure who Turner's OC was...

My memory could have failed me.

chiefs1111
01-09-2006, 09:13 AM
i only get the first page and thats it,if i try to click on any other page,nothing ever comes up,sorry

ct
01-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Add me to the list of Terry Shea or Mike Solari supporters, in that order.

milkman
01-09-2006, 12:53 PM
i only get the first page and thats it,if i try to click on any other page,nothing ever comes up,sorry

Yuo're telling me that when you scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on "2" just to the right of "Pages", you can't get to page @?

Doesn't matter.
I'm just bustin' balls anyway.

milkman
01-09-2006, 12:55 PM
You sure are hard on the n0obs. ROFL

It's Skip's job, but he has been shirking his responsibilty recently.

Somebody has to pick up the slack.

htismaqe
01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Add me to the list of Terry Shea or Mike Solari supporters, in that order.

I agree only with the order reversed.

Solari has been in the Coryell offense since his playing days.

Shea was a Bill Walsh disciple prior to coming to KC.

Johnson&Johnson
01-09-2006, 11:05 PM
what raiders coaches do we have? I know Gun was there a long time ago, before his first stint here, but I can't think of any others.

We had Art Shell here for short stint as O-line coach didn't we?

Rausch
01-09-2006, 11:06 PM

Mike White...

Logical
01-09-2006, 11:09 PM
We had Art Shell here for short stint as O-line coach didn't we?Yes, that was back when Trezelle Jenkins was drafted. I remember all the talk that Art Shell could turn him into the next great offensive lineman. That did not work out.

splatbass
01-09-2006, 11:10 PM

10 years ago. The post I was respondin g to was this:

"NO MORE RAIDER COACHES!! Don't we have enuf?"

That implies that we have some right now. I would like to know who. The guy obviously is ranting about nothing.

ChiefsCountry
01-09-2006, 11:34 PM
10 years ago. The post I was respondin g to was this:

"NO MORE RAIDER COACHES!! Don't we have enuf?"

That implies that we have some right now. I would like to know who. The guy obviously is ranting about nothing.

We got two - Gun and Fred Pagec the LB coach.

Nick Athan
01-10-2006, 12:04 AM
We broak the story a coupal months ago, on www.warfieldillustrated.com that if tthe Raiders fired Norv Turner: then the Chiefs might bring him in for a look .

Chow.

Halfcan
01-10-2006, 12:06 AM
We broak the story a coupal months ago, on www.warfieldillustrated.com that if tthe Raiders fired Norv Turner: then the Chiefs might bring him in for a look .

Chow.

Uncanny, how does nock do it.

Coach
01-10-2006, 12:13 AM

Chow.

Are you drunk? :spock:

Rausch
01-10-2006, 12:22 AM
We got two - Gun and Fred Pagec the LB coach.

Mike White was a former Fade HC...

ChiefsCountry
01-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Mike White was a former Fade HC...

Shit, I forgot about White.

milkman
01-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Uncanny, how does nock do it.

What would be uncanny is an intelligent thought emanating from your keyboard.

chefsos
01-10-2006, 02:18 AM
Are you drunk? :spock:
No. Just tired.

greg63
01-10-2006, 12:11 PM
We broke the story a coupal months ago, on www.warfieldillustrated.com (http://www.warfieldillustrated.com) that if the Faders fired Norv Turner: then the Chiefs might bring him in for a look .

Chow.

Fixed your post so that it might appear a bit more "Planet" friendly, n00b,...er I mean Nick.