PDA

View Full Version : HERM NOT Signed ... This is a repost :(

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 07:21 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2284680

Update from earlier post.

I thought Goatcheeze would like to know.

:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2284680

Former Jets coach Herman Edwards has reached a verbal agreement in principle with the Kansas City Chiefs on a four-year, $12 million contract to become their head coach, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports.

Edwards

The 51-year-old Edwards will receive a raise from the $2 million per year that he was making as Jets coach. The Chiefs received permission Friday morning to talk with Edwards after the NFL office gave the OK for the Chiefs to compensate the Jets with a fourth-round choice in the 2006 draft.

Edwards will replace Dick Vermeil, who resigned after five years and led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record. They were the only 10-win team not to make the playoffs.

Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson and Edwards have been close friends for more than 30 years, since Peterson tried to recruit him to UCLA. Edwards' background as a defensive player and coach was also a big factor in his favor.

Mile High Mania
01-09-2006, 07:23 AM
The good thing is that it sounds like Saunders and Gunther are out... replacing the system is in the near future.

VonneMarie
01-09-2006, 07:24 AM
Agreeing in principle dosen't mean sh!t. He hasn't signed yet...

bkkcoh
01-09-2006, 07:25 AM
The good thing is that it sounds like Saunders and Gunther are out... replacing the system is in the near future.

That seems like it would be a good thing for the opposition of the Chiefs, not necessarily for the Chiefs. But we will see who the offensive and defensive coordinators are going to be....

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 07:27 AM

Your right ... I jumped the gun on that .... but I'll bet you $100 right now that the deal is done by today?

Got a $100 you wanna give me?

VonneMarie
01-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Your right ... I jumped the gun on that .... but I'll bet you $100 right now that the deal is done by today?

Got a $100 you wanna give me?

Nah... I just want Herm, signed, sealed and delivered.

Bob Dole
01-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Not only is the title inaccurate, it's a repost.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133304

Stop with the misleading/inaccurate thread titles already.

Jeebus.

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Nah... I just want Herm, signed, sealed and delivered.

Word.

It would be the biggest shift in a forward motion to hit KC EVER for Herm not to sign now.

With King Carl just about ready to Slob Herms Knob these last few months every time they met I would be willing to say that Herm wouldn't get his torpedo shinned by a GM anywhere else in the league like he is from CP right now! :whackit:

He'll sign! :thumb:

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Not only is the title inaccurate, it's a repost.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133304

Stop with the misleading/inaccurate thread titles already.

Jeebus.

OOOPS..

I was gone most of the day yesterday and didn't get allot of time to read posts on the planet.

Forgive me oh wise one! :hail:

Skip Towne
01-09-2006, 07:46 AM
OOOPS..

I was gone most of the day yesterday and didn't get allot of time to read posts on the planet.

Stupid n00b

VonneMarie
01-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Stupid n00b
ROFL

Bob Dole
01-09-2006, 07:53 AM
OOOPS..

Bob Dole was gone most of the weekend too, which is why it's annoying as **** to keep reading inaccurate and misleading thread titles all over the damned forum.

If Bob Dole wanted to waste 3 hours wading through bullshit speculation, Bob Dole doesn't need Chiefsplanet.com--Bob Dole could just visit every .com that forked over the money to register a domain name.

You aren't the only one guilty of it this weekend...you just happened to catch the wrath.

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Stupid n00b

I may not have 35K in posts but I hardly consider myself a n00b.

Then again I have a real job that doesn't let me cruise the planet all ****ing day either.

You aren't the only one guilty of it this weekend...you just happened to catch the wrath.

Yea its the last guy to throw a punch that gets caught!

Logical
01-09-2006, 08:29 AM
Yes and no, this may mean that the only thing left is for the Chiefs lawyers to review the contract Monday morning and for the Hunts to be briefed.

Bob Dole
01-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Yea its the last guy to throw a punch that gets caught!

Please tell Bob Dole that you didn't just imply that Bob Dole is similar to an NFL official...

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Please tell Bob Dole that you didn't just imply that Bob Dole is similar to an NFL official...

ROFL

Well you do throw temper tantrums like Hoculi throws flags!

j/k

KCFalcon59
01-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Then again I have a real job that doesn't let me cruise the planet all ****ing day either.

Are you trying to say I don't work at work?

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Are you trying to say I don't work at work?

:homer:

:doh!:

Naw I would NEVER imply that! :spock:

KCFalcon59
01-09-2006, 08:57 AM
:homer:

:doh!:

Naw I would NEVER imply that! :spock:

:p I knew that. I'm a dedicated employee. In any given week I produce about 15 minutes of solid hard work.

heh.

j/k :)

Skip Towne
01-09-2006, 09:07 AM

Somebody's got to flip the burgers. I'm glad it ain't me.

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Somebody's got to flip the burgers. I'm glad it ain't me.

Yup, your way too busy mopping up the grease left by the burger that was given to you still on the floor!

Skip Towne
01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Yup, your way too busy mopping up the grease left by the burger that was given to you still on the floor!

Did you read what you typed? Your Jr. High English teacher would be very proud of you.

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 09:59 AM
Did you read what you typed? Your Jr. High English teacher would be very proud of you.

A man that has time to grade english must have a ton of spare time and nothing better to do. :shake:

If my english is bothering you then don't read it !

Pretty simple! But ... I'm sorry maybe it wasn't simple enough?

:shake:

Skip Towne
01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
A man that has time to grade english must have a ton of spare time and nothing better to do. :shake:

If my english is bothering you then don't read it !

Pretty simple! But ... I'm sorry maybe it wasn't simple enough?

:shake:

Does it hurt to be ignorant?

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Does it hurt to be ignorant?

I have no idea ... But do tell so we can all learn from the master!

:hail:

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 10:31 AM
BTW Skip

I got no beef with you and I hope you are going at this in fun?

:thumb:

Skip Towne
01-09-2006, 10:34 AM
BTW Skip

I got no beef with you and I hope you are going at this in fun?

:thumb:

I'm having lots of fun.

Kerberos
01-09-2006, 10:36 AM
:p I knew that. I'm a dedicated employee. In any given week I produce about 15 minutes of solid hard work.

heh.

j/k :)

Hey man

You gonna buy your season ticket?

I will if you are, but I gotta tell you if the price keeps going up then watching it on the 57" widescreen in HD is getting to be allot cheaper and a better seat.

I have been saying I will give it another year for the past 10 it seems like.

So I guess we will give it another year ! :D

KCFalcon59
01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey man

You gonna buy your season ticket?

I will if you are, but I gotta tell you if the price keeps going up then watching it on the 57" widescreen in HD is getting to be allot cheaper and a better seat.

I have been saying I will give it another year for the past 10 it seems like.

So I guess we will give it another year ! :D

Yeah. I was planning on buying again this year. It is getting tougher and tougher making the decision. It would be cheaper in gas to just drive down and watch it with you on HD.

I am holding some money back so I can pay for them.