PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Page 2: NFL Misery Index

Coach
01-10-2006, 05:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/060110_nfl

13. (tie) Kansas City Chiefs
They can always say they played in Super Bowl I and won Super Bowl IV, but the glory days are growing ever more distant (why, oh why, did they draft Todd Blackledge instead of Jim Kelly or Dan Marino?). Heck, even the Royals would have made a playoff opponent punt the ball at least once.

Kansas City Chiefs Misery Index
Historic despair 4.0
Recent despair 4.0
Historic pain 4.0
Recent pain 5.0
Intangible misery 4.0
Misery outlook 5.0
MISERY INDEX 26.0

Rain Man
01-10-2006, 05:38 PM
That's an interesting and original article.

The Eagles blip made me chuckle.

jynni
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
28. (tie) Denver Broncos
And to think. All those years of misery finally came to an end with consecutive Super Bowl victories, all thanks to a new helmet containing a sleek image of a horse face.

We're talking about the new logo, by the way, not Elway.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

trndobrd
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
28. (tie) Pittsburgh Steelers
You know the inane "How does it feel?" questions sideline reporters are forced to ask after a team loses the Super Bowl? Back when Lynn Swann drew that duty, we always thought it would be great if he phrased it this way:

"How does it feel to lose a Super Bowl? No, the producer in the truck isn't telling me to ask you that question -- I really want to know. I mean, I played in the Super Bowl four times and we always won. When we were celebrating and dousing ourselves with champagne and singing and dancing and thinking about how this meant we would all go into the Hall of Fame, I always wondered how the other team felt. So, that's why I'm asking you now. How does it feel to lose the biggest game of your life? Pretty bad, I'm guessing."

ROFL ROFL

Coach
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Another one, different type.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060110

22. Chiefs draft Todd Blackledge. It was 1983, the Year of the Quarterback Draft. The Chiefs had the No. 7 overall pick -- and passed on future Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly for the Penn State star. "Sackledge" finished his career with 29 TD passes and 38 interceptions and changed the fortunes of the Chiefs for the next 15 years.

And there's #13, but I ain't gonna post that on here, for a good reason.

chefsos
01-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Another one, different type.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060110

22. Chiefs draft Todd Blackledge. It was 1983, the Year of the Quarterback Draft. The Chiefs had the No. 7 overall pick -- and passed on future Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly for the Penn State star. "Sackledge" finished his career with 29 TD passes and 38 interceptions and changed the fortunes of the Chiefs for the next 15 years.

And there's #13, but I ain't gonna post that on here, for a good reason.

I've seen that one too. Good call.

My only comment is: #13= :cuss: !!!

Frazod
01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
We should be higher than 13. From drafting Blackledge, Delaney's drowning, losing the AFC Championship game to the f#cking Bills to THREE 13-3 best-record-home-playoff losses, we've suffered a helluva lot more than just No. 13. :#