PDA

View Full Version : Time s.l..o...w......s to a c.....r.....a.....w.....l....

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Freaking 8 o'clock cannot come fast enough. The whole damn week started slowing down around Wednesday. C'mon already. :banghead:

Frankie
01-14-2006, 02:35 PM
GO NEW ENGLAND!!!!

Calcountry
01-14-2006, 02:36 PM
Freaking 8 o'clock cannot come fast enough. The whole damn week started slowing down around Wednesday. C'mon already. :banghead::shrug: wtf are you talking about. tick, tick, tick, my clock is working just fine.

Are you worried about something?

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Win it, New England. Win it for America. Win it for the children. Win it so that we no longer have to live under the yoke of oppression that is foisted upon us by those who would chop-block our freedoms and our happiness.

Sully
01-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Win it for 9-11!!!!!

kcfanXIII
01-14-2006, 02:40 PM
remember, if denver beats you tonight, the terrorists win!!!

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 02:42 PM
What's it like playing in so many playoff games the past few years?

Are you as excited as you were at the beginning of this story?

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 02:47 PM
This is not just a football game. This is a battle for freedom, for America, for our very lives and souls.

Archie F. Swin
01-14-2006, 02:52 PM
You know, if we had an above average D since '01, Trent Green would be getting the regular media fellatio that Tom Brady has had the last 4 years. I'm not saying we would be collecting Lombardis. I'm saying every football fan would know just how good our QB is.

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 02:52 PM
What's it like playing in so many playoff games the past few years?

Are you as excited as you were at the beginning of this story?

Oh yeah. Now it's all about establishing NFL records and an inarguable dynasty. Frankly, winning never gets old.

Am I as desperate to win as I was in '01? No. I'd call this a successful year even if we didn't win the whole thing, because I'm convinced we have quite a few more years of Brady/Belichick and playoff runs.

But living to see the Celtics in the 80s and then what they've been since the early 90s tells me a few a things:

1. Enjoy it while it lasts, because having a great team that isn't a one year wonder is definitely not to be taken for granted as lasting forever. The worm will turn.

2. Take as much as you can while you can. No matter how great your players and coaches, you won't have them forever, so win as many championships as you can while your window is open.

Besides, do you think I want to hear it from TJ and MHM and Garcia over the next year or whatever if the Broncos win tonight? :D

Hammock Parties
01-14-2006, 02:53 PM
This is not just a football game. This is a battle for freedom, for America, for our very lives and souls.

And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not finish without a fight! We're going to live-on! We're going to survive! Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!'"

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 02:54 PM
You know, if we had an above average D since '01, Trent Green would be getting the regular media felatio that Tom Brady has had the last 4 years. I'm not saying we would be collecting Lombardis. I'm saying every football fan would know just how good our QB is.

Possibly. Same could be said for a fair number of other guys as well.

But seriously -- Brady won some SBs without any kind of serious running game, and averages 1 pick per 100 throws in the playoffs, which is fairly ridiculously great. He's also had several game winning drives. Do you think he's average or something? Cuz he ain't.

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 02:56 PM
This is, umm, different...

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?s=&postid=213761

RealSNR
01-14-2006, 02:57 PM
If you guys don't beat the Broncos, we ban you.

Rain Man
01-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Win it for those of us who can't, New England. Honor the memory of the fallen by vanquishing the evil against which they battled.

Archie F. Swin
01-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Possibly. Same could be said for a fair number of other guys as well.

But seriously -- Brady won some SBs without any kind of serious running game, and averages 1 pick per 100 throws in the playoffs, which is fairly ridiculously great. He's also had several game winning drives. Do you think he's average or something? Cuz he ain't.

Average? Hell no! I'm just saying that beacuse of our _efense, the members of our prolific offense will never get the hype or respect they deserve. Aside from coaching staff, our offense over the last 4 years has been better than the Pats championship offenses.

Nzoner
01-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Besides, do you think I want to hear it from TJ and MHM and Garcia over the next year or whatever if the Broncos win tonight? :D

No biggie you'll still have 3 of the last 5 and that the Broncos once again choked in the play-offs without Elway.

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 03:04 PM
If you guys don't beat the Broncos, we ban you.

Win it for those of us who can't, New England. Honor the memory of the fallen by vanquishing the evil against which they battled.

remember, if denver beats you tonight, the terrorists win!!!

Win it for 9-11!!!!!

Well...uh...as long as there's no pressure or anything....

ROFL

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Average? Hell no! I'm just saying that beacuse of our _efense, the members of our prolific offense will never get the hype or respect they deserve. Aside from coaching staff, our offense over the last 4 years has been better than the Pats championship offenses.

Well, sure, but so has Indy's. And the Rams for most of that timeframe.

Best TEAM wins. Half a team don't get 'er done. Hell, the Steelers had as good an offense and possibly a better defense than us in '01, but we beat them because we dominated them on SPECIAL TEAMS (which led to much bitterness by those whining bastards afterwards).

Three phases to the game. Not one. Not two. THREE.

If it makes you feel better, KC might have more Hall of Famers from your '00-'05 teams than the Patriots. But that's what individual excellence but only one playoff berth will get.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2006, 04:31 PM
The National Guard has been called and they're on stand by...

Denver 30
New England 24

Amnorix
01-14-2006, 04:46 PM
The National Guard has been called and they're on stand by...

Denver 30
New England 24

That line would definitely be funnier to me if I wasn't a Patriots fan. Not alot of fun to be shown up on, IIRC, national television, and I admit I hate Sharpe to this day, even though he's a helluva lot less annoying as an analyst than, say, Irvin.

Anyway, I think it'll be a helluva lot more competitive than the last game that's for sure. Pats in a squeaker, like 27-24 or 27-20. Something like that.

NJ Chief Fan
01-14-2006, 05:01 PM
HELL NO I WONT WATCH HELL NO I WONT WATCH HELL NO I WONT WATCH

CHIEF4EVER
01-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Dang, PlummINT looks like the dude from the movie "Hair".

kcfanXIII
01-14-2006, 05:06 PM
hey amnorix, if both the pats and steelers win, <which i think they will> where is the afc champ game played?

4th and Long
01-14-2006, 05:07 PM
Dang, PlummINT looks like the dude from the movie "Hair".
That was Plummer? I thought Maas was doing a piece on the plight of the homeless or something.

tk13
01-14-2006, 05:09 PM
hey amnorix, if both the pats and steelers win, <which i think they will> where is the afc champ game played?
New England. Higher seed always has homefield.

kcfanXIII
01-14-2006, 05:13 PM
thats what i thought, but i wasn't sure. thanks

mlyonsd
01-14-2006, 05:16 PM
It sucks being so pumped to watch a Donkey game.

If there is a God 70,000 in Invesco will have a long ride home.