oops!

ChiTown
01-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I heard that. LMFAO

I love Bill Self.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Oops.

Sucks that there were any tickets left for them, though.

Cochise
01-16-2006, 11:14 PM
Is that more or less deplorable than the atrocity of rushing the court? :D

ChiTown
01-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Is that more or less deplorable than the atrocity of rushing the court? :D

Seriously, why are MU fans rushing the court. It's not like you haven't beaten them at home since 1984................ :banghead:

Cochise
01-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Seriously, why are MU fans rushing the court. It's not like you haven't beaten them at home since 1984................ :banghead:

We upset our hated rival. Their tournament hopes were teetering on the edge, now they look like a team mortally wounded.

Maybe if we beat them by 10 points, I don't understand it, but the way the game played out going to overtime and being such a great game, I can see it.

ChiTown
01-16-2006, 11:20 PM
We upset our hated rival. Their tournament hopes were teetering on the edge, now they look like a team mortally wounded.

Maybe if we beat them by 10 points, I don't understand it, but the way the game played out going to overtime and being such a great game, I can see it.

That was more a shot at my own team. The last time KSU beat KU in Manhattan was 1983. INSANE!

dtebbe
01-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Seriously, it's because we HATE FU&KING KANSAS!

I know it's a tough concept for Kansas folks to grasp, but people from MO hate Kansas, period.

Think of how those indians felt as they beat the life out of Custer... times 10.

The idea that the Chiefs will probably end up in a new stadium in Kansas, makes me want to fuggin vomit.

DT

Tactical Funky
01-16-2006, 11:26 PM

I know it's a tough concept for Kansas folks to grasp, but people from MO hate Kansas, period.

Think of how those indians felt as they beat the life out of Custer... times 10.

The idea that the Chiefs will probably end up in a new stadium in Kansas, makes me want to fuggin vomit.

DT
It goes both ways, bud.

I was born in Missouri, but I'll never be loyal to my state of birth! NEVAAAAAAR!

*raises sword in the air defiantly* :mad:

:p

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:27 PM

DT

Chiefs fans hate Broncos fans, but you don't see Chiefs fans rushing the field at Arrowhead tearing down goalposts every time we beat the Broncos.

KU wasn't even ranked this season. It's one thing if KU was a top 20 team, but they aren't.

MU fans didn't do themselves any favors on national TV.

Pants
01-16-2006, 11:29 PM

DT

LOL, OK, you can have your dirty and broken roads and never come to Kansas.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Chiefs fans hate Broncos fans, but you don't see Chiefs fans rushing the field at Arrowhead tearing down goalposts every time we beat the Broncos.

KU wasn't even ranked this season. It's one thing if KU was a top 20 team, but they aren't.

If Chiefs fan could get away with rushing the field when we beat the Broncos then we would. That isn't a parallel comparison at all.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 11:31 PM

Road smack. Genious.

dtebbe
01-16-2006, 11:32 PM

Come on, you know we'd all love too. It's just that none of us want to get beat down, arrested, and then have our season tickets stripped. If we thought we could get away with it, those goal posts would be coming down!

If you don't feel this way, you should probably be a Rams fan.

DT

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:33 PM
If Chiefs fan could get away with rushing the field when we beat the Broncos then we would. That isn't a parallel comparison at all.

Of course they can. You seriously think a handful of washed-up wrestling rejects in yellow jackets would be able to handle a swarm of fans rushing the field?

The reason we don't do so in the NFL is because most people would just rather get in their cars and go home. Only drunken 18 year olds think it's cool to rush the field.

Pants
Road smack. Genious.

Are you tired of hearing it?

Cochise
Arrowhead is a different crowd.

The people that close to the field are generally older and more affluent. The drunken yahoos are on the upper level. A college crowd of 20 year olds in the student section isn't going to have the same dynamic at all as the fogeys sitting near the field at arrowhead who pay $100 for their seat.

Plus, if you did it at Arrowhead you'd end up arrested. At a college arena everyone knows they are going to let you enjoy the moment and leave.

I wouldn't have run down if I had been there, but it's silly for fans of one school to act like it's revolting when their fans did it at a football game, what, 3 or 4 times this year?

It isn't about there being anything wrong with it, it's just about KU fans who didn't like seeing MU fans celebrating. Next time around it might be reversed. It's not nearly as big of a deal as people try to make it.

Criticising a harmless celebration is last bullet in the gun if your team just lost I guess...

dtebbe

Yes, the truth hurts....

Pants
01-16-2006, 11:34 PM

The people that close to the field are generally older and more affluent. The drunken yahoos are on the upper level. A college crowd of 20 year olds in the student section isn't going to have the same dynamic at all as the fogeys sitting near the field at arrowhead who pay $100 for their seat.

Plus, if you did it at Arrowhead you'd end up arrested. At a college arena everyone knows they are going to let you enjoy the moment and leave.

I wouldn't have run down if I had been there, but it's silly for fans of one school to act like it's revolting when their fans did it at a football game, what, 3 or 4 times this year?

It's cool with me. You guys beat us.

Frazod
01-16-2006, 11:35 PM

We don't rush the field after beating the Broncos because WE'D GET ARRESTED. I've seen the Chiefs beat Denver at Arrowhead twice, and believe me, I would have loved to do it both times. It wouldn't matter if they were 15-0 or 0-15 at the time. Hatred doesn't give a f#ck what your record is.

But I'll tell you what - if KU beats MU in Lawrence next time around, and the Gayhawk fans storm the court, I promise I won't whine about it.

KcMizzou
it's silly for fans of one school to act like it's revolting when their fans did it at a football game, what, 3 or 4 times this year?Oh, well that doesn't count.

beer bacon
Are you tired of hearing it?

Road smack is pretty hard to take.

alanm
01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
I take it Missouri beat Kansas this evening.
Seems like all the Big 12 schools are lining up to kick Kansas this year while they are down.
I know the feeling being a Husker football fan. :)

Frazod
01-16-2006, 11:36 PM
It's cool with me. You guys beat us.

Thank you.

I can't believe people are actually upset about this.

Cochise
01-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh, well that doesn't count.

I'm sure - just like how a game against Mizzou is just another game to them. KU fans barely know we are alive ROFL

Pants
01-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Road smack is pretty hard to take.

It's a pretty good way to judge a state. The highways in Missouri suck really bad, gas stations are dirty and filled with white trash... that's the impression poeple get when they travel through Missouri and that's how they think about the state. :shrug:

Ari Chi3fs
01-16-2006, 11:38 PM
well, they were down several points with only a few seconds to go... they played it perfectly. For them to come back and win is incredible. Im not surprised that they stormed the floor, given the circumstances of this game.

that being said, **** you Mizzou.

KcMizzou
01-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I take it Missouri beat Kansas this evening. Yeah, but that really doesn't tell the story. Mizzou was down 7 with like 40 seconds left... came back to tie, and Moody had 2 free throws to win for KU. Missed both... and Mizzou won in OT. Gardner put up 40 points.

It was a GREAT game.

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
But I'll tell you what - if KU beats MU in Lawrence next time around, and the Gayhawk fans storm the court, I promise I won't whine about it.

Don't color me the whiner. I'm not the one who posted the thread.

I merely agreed the fans looked pretty ridiculous rushing the court against a team who isn't ranked. Rivalry or no rivalry- you don't rush the court unless you pull a major upset on someone. I wouldn't call beating a team full of freshmens and sophs a major upset. Yea, it's KU. But, they aren't particularly THAT good this year to justify rushing the court.

beer bacon
Yeah, but that really doesn't tell the story. Mizzou was down 7 with like 40 seconds left... came back to tie, and Moody had 2 free throws to win for KU. Missed both... and Mizzou won in OT. Gardner put up 40 points.

It was a GREAT game.

It was ruined by that low-down, dirty, good-for-nuthin Missouri scum rushing the court.

John Matrix

It isn't about there being anything wrong with it, it's just about KU fans who didn't like seeing MU fans celebrating. Next time around it might be reversed. It's not nearly as big of a deal as people try to make it.

Criticising a harmless celebration is last bullet in the gun if your team just lost I guess...

Those damned fogeys...As a 23-year old who just inherited seats in 121 last year, I hate those uptight bastards. Everytime we generate a pass rush I have to stop myself from yelling, "Kill that Sonofabitch" save for all the family values around me...motherf*ckers.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 11:41 PM

I merely agreed the fans looked pretty ridiculous rushing the court against a team who isn't ranked. Rivalry or no rivalry- you don't rush the court unless you pull a major upset on someone. I wouldn't call beating a team full of freshmens and sophs a major upset. Yea, it's KU. But, they aren't particularly THAT good this year to justify rushing the court.

You must not be a Mizzou student or hardcore Mizzou fan. Beating KU is definately a reason for rushing the court.

dtebbe
01-16-2006, 11:41 PM
I've seen the Chiefs beat Denver at Arrowhead twice, and believe me, I would have loved to do it both times.

Amen Brother! I guess a 18 year old brian must reside in this 36 year old body.

This thread does prove one theory of mine. Club level must be reserved for people from Kansas....

DT

Frazod
01-16-2006, 11:42 PM

NEWS FLASH - we aren't ranked either. Nor are we likely to be. So it's simply us against you. We hate you. You hate us. Again, what's the problem?

PastorMikH

No, it isn't hard for them to grasp. I had to live there for 6 years. I know from experience that people from KS hate people from Missouri too - and I know it's hard to believe, but I'd say they hate Missourians even more than Missourians do them. For example, look at Skippy - he'd rather lie about living in Arkansas than admit that he lived in Missouri.

beer bacon
Those damned fogeys...As a 23-year old who just inherited seats in 121 last year, I hate those uptight bastards. Everytime we generate a pass rush I have to stop myself from yelling, "Kill that Sonofabitch" save for all the family values around me...motherf*ckers.

When I was at a Mizzou football game this season I got chewed out by a soccer mom for yelling freaking. Not ****ing, but freaking. It was truly perplexing.

Frazod
01-16-2006, 11:44 PM
When I was at a Mizzou football game this season I got chewed out by a soccer mom for yelling freaking. Not ****ing, but freaking. It was truly perplexing.

I hope you told her to kiss your gosh darn butt. :D

dtebbe
Yeah, but that really doesn't tell the story. Mizzou was down 7 with like 40 seconds left... came back to tie, and Moody had 2 free throws to win for KU. Missed both... and Mizzou won in OT. Gardner put up 40 points.

It was a GREAT game.

Not to mention the Mizzou fans were absolutely blowing the roof off the place when Moody Rock Choked. Kinda like getting a false start call at Arrowhed, really makes the fans feel part of the game!

DT

KcMizzou

I merely agreed the fans looked pretty ridiculous rushing the court against a team who isn't ranked. Rivalry or no rivalry- you don't rush the court unless you pull a major upset on someone. I wouldn't call beating a team full of freshmens and sophs a major upset. Yea, it's KU. But, they aren't particularly THAT good this year to justify rushing the court.I'm not a big fan of rushing the court either. But, as someone else said... I think it had more to do with the circumstances of the game before the win. It took a miracle for Mizzou to pull it out, after it looked as if all was lost. That's what put the fans over the top.

I still think the beakers would just rather talk about that than the game.

"Yes! We won!!!"

"Oh, yeah? Well... well... you're just clasless!! And your roads suck!!"

ROFL What the **** ever.

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:46 PM
NEWS FLASH - we aren't ranked either. Nor are we likely to be. So it's simply us against you. We hate you. You hate us. Again, what's the problem?

Dude....I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM. GAWDALLLMIGHTY.

I merely said MU fans looked pretty ridiculous about it. I don't care. As a matter of fact, it made me chuckle to watch the fans rush the court. I laughed about it. I laughed my silly ass off and spilled wine all over the table. Now, I might be mad about having to clean up the wine, but I NEVER said or indicated anything about having a *****ing PROBLEM with it.

I thought the whole scene was pretty comical. Rush the court all you want. I don't care. I don't care. I could really care less. But, hey it was pretty damn funny. Ha ha ha.

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 11:46 PM
I hope you told her to kiss your gosh darn butt. :D

I told her OK then just went back to screaming whatever the hell I wanted. Half the stadium chants **** KU, and this lady was upset because her kids sensitive ears couldn't handle the word freaking.

John Matrix
01-16-2006, 11:47 PM
I drove 1000 miles round trip to go to game 6 of the NLCS this fall. At one point in the middle innings, this dude in my row stands up and says, "Jesus Christ, Strike this MOTHERF*CKER Out!!" referring to the Astros batter. Then this dude goes off on him. I was like, man, this is the last f*cking game at Busch Stadium and your getting all moral on us...I don't play that shit...kill that M'FER!!

I hate these dumbasses who think that sports are a family event...sports isn't about some uptight asshole in a cardigan taking his bitch wife and snot-nosed kids to a game, it's about beating the **** out the competition and winning...god, I have to go kill something, brb.

Frazod

I merely said MU fans looked pretty ridiculous about it. I don't care. As a matter of fact, it made me chuckle to watch the fans rush the court. I laughed about it. I laughed my silly ass off and spilled wine all over the table. Now, I might be mad about having to clean up the wine, but I NEVER said or indicated anything about having a *****ing PROBLEM with it.

I thought the whole scene was pretty comical. Rush the court all you want. I don't care. I don't care. I could really care less. But, hey it was pretty damn funny. Ha ha ha.

Excellent. I'm glad we cleared that up.

death squawk gayhawk :p

beer bacon
I'm not a big fan of rushing the court either. But, as someone else said... I think it had more to do with the circumstances of the game before the win. It took a miracle for Mizzou to pull it out, after it looked as if all was lost. That's what put the fans over the top.

I still think the beakers would just rather talk about that than the game.

"Yes! We won!!!"

"Oh, yeah? Well... well... you're just clasless!! And your roads suck!!"

ROFL What the **** ever.

If KU fans keep insulting our roads then we might just have to bring out the "Kansas is flat!" smack. That will teach them.

PastorMikH
01-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Gee Whiz CosmicPal, I can't believe you're making such a big deal about the kids rushing the court.

:shake:

:p:p:p

:D

j/k

Cochise
01-16-2006, 11:48 PM

I let something slip once in a while, but I try to maintain decorum at Arrowhead, where there are kids around.

The thing that pisses me off is when people don't want you to ever stand up or make noise. If you want a perfect unobstructed view and to be free of people around you who are making noise, watch it at home.

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:49 PM
I think it had more to do with the circumstances of the game before the win. It took a miracle for Mizzou to pull it out, after it looked as if all was lost. That's what put the fans over the top.

Yes, that is true. I overlooked the fact that MU pulled off a minor upset with less than a minute to go. KU missed a few crucial free throws, particularly Herman Munster missing the last two at the end.

I will give them that much. Coming back from what looked like an improbable win and finally winning it, would to me justify rushing the court. That is if I was drunk and wanted to be on TV so bad.

Frazod
I drove 1000 miles round trip to go to game 6 of the NLCS this fall. At one point in the middle innings, this dude in my row stands up and says, "Jesus Christ, Strike this MOTHERF*CKER Out!!" referring to the Astros batter. Then this dude goes off on him. I was like, man, this is the last f*cking game at Busch Stadium and your getting all moral on us...I don't play that shit...kill that M'FER!!

I hate these dumbasses who think that sports are a family event...sports isn't about some uptight asshole in a cardigan taking his bitch wife and snot-nosed kids to a game, it's about beating the **** out the competition and winning...god, I have to go kill something, brb.

1,000 mile round trip between Kirksville and St. Louis? What, did you take the short cut through Des Moines? :D

PastorMikH
If KU fans keep insulting our roads then we might just have to bring out the "Kansas is flat!" smack. That will teach them.

You know, I lived in the far SW corner of Kansas for 6 years. I can attest to the fact that on a clear day you can see cornstalks in NE Kansas.

:;:)

dtebbe

I merely said MU fans looked pretty ridiculous about it. I don't care. As a matter of fact, it made me chuckle to watch the fans rush the court. I laughed about it. I laughed my silly ass off and spilled wine all over the table.

Now I know my theory about Club level being reserved for people from Kansas is true! ROFL

DT

beer bacon
01-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Yes, that is true. I overlooked the fact that MU pulled off a minor upset with less than a minute to go. KU missed a few crucial free throws, particularly Herman Munster missing the last two at the end.

I will give them that much. Coming back from what looked like an improbable win and finally winning it, would to me justify rushing the court. That is if I was drunk and wanted to be on TV so bad.

It is also important that Mizzou basketball has been in a nadir the last couple of years, and we might just be finally pulling ourselves out of it. Maybe.

John Matrix
01-16-2006, 11:50 PM
1,000 mile round trip between Kirksville and St. Louis? What, did you take the short cut through Des Moines? :D

Bowling Green, Ohio now. Why do you think I pimp Omar Jacobs so much :D

CosmicPal
01-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Now I know my theory about Club level being reserved for people from Kansas is true! ROFL

DT

Beer just doesn't go well with spaghetti and meatballs.

alanm
01-16-2006, 11:54 PM

It's killing you ain't it? ROFL

Frazod
01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Bowling Green, Ohio now. Why do you think I pimp Omar Jacobs so much :D

I feel much better now. I was worried that the math classes at KHS had gone to shit since I graduated. :)

Cochise
01-16-2006, 11:55 PM

I can't believe he has such a problem with it, can you? :p

John Matrix
01-16-2006, 11:59 PM
I feel much better now. I was worried that the math classes at KHS had gone to shit since I graduated. :)

The last I knew Gary Lee was still representing for KHS calculus.

Frazod
01-17-2006, 12:00 AM
The last I knew Gary Lee was still representing for KHS calculus.

Never heard of him. Of course, 1983 was a long time ago.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 12:05 AM

:harumph:

No, it's not killing me. Dammit, it's killing me!!!

Gawddddddddd...is it too much to ask that you just win a simple close game. Awwwwwwwwwww.

I know what it is. I'm living in Denver, and I have to put up with all the joyous BS going on everywhere I go in this town. It's like living in Hell. Hell has to be a better place to be right now. And all I wanted was a little joy in my life. You know. Just some little iota to remind me that life isn't so bad. KU beat MU. That's all you had to do and I can then deal with this Bronco crap here in Denver. But, noooooooooooooooo, KU had to ***** it up! Stupid *****ing birds.

OK...

I'm better now. A little bit. Awwww, who am I kidding...I wanna break something. Give me something to break!

Frazod
01-17-2006, 12:07 AM

Gawddddddddd...is it too much to ask that you just win a simple close game. Awwwwwwwwwww.

I know what it is. I'm living in Denver, and I have to put up with all the joyous BS going on everywhere I go in this town. It's like living in Hell. Hell has to be a better place to be right now. And all I wanted was a little joy in my life. You know. Just some little iota to remind me that life isn't so bad. KU beat MU. That's all you had to do and I can then deal with this Bronco crap here in Denver. But, noooooooooooooooo, KU had to ***** it up! Stupid *****ing birds.

OK...

I'm better now. A little bit. Awwww, who am I kidding...I wanna break something. Give me something to break!

Hey, it's not our fault you root for the Kansas Broncos. :)

Pitt Gorilla
01-17-2006, 12:07 AM

OK...

I'm better now. A little bit. Awwww, who am I kidding...I wanna break something. Give me something to break!Hey, I know. Maybe whining about kids rushing the floor will make you feel better?!?
:)

dtebbe
01-17-2006, 12:08 AM

OK...

Look on the bright side.. you could be living in Kansas right now. That would really suck.

DT

WilliamTheIrish
01-17-2006, 02:03 AM
"OMG!!! They rushed the court Thurston!!!"

"Look away, Lovey!! They're neanderthals."

I see another KU fan sprained his camel toe in this thread.

Jayhawkerman2001
01-17-2006, 04:31 AM
Its just that we jayhawk fans are extremely used to whooping the living shit out of people like a shitty MU and KSU team that we really dont know how to handle all this really really horribly played games from them this year. Its really hard to fathom that we can actually be bad... it sucks small denver donkey testicles right now for us. we never made fun of you guys whenever we beat you guys countless times, so just shut up and leave us be for now, untill we beat ya again, lol.

that being said, our freshman(the entire team that is) sucks bad, i hope to god they live up to their extreme potential that self touted them as, if not we're ****ed...

chiefqueen
01-17-2006, 05:41 AM

Hey, I resent that comment. First I don't pay $100 to sit on the front @ Arrowhead ($79.50), second, I'm not an old fogey.

Saulbadguy
01-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Storming the court = fun. I recommend you all try it at least once.

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 07:18 AM
It's a pretty good way to judge a state. The highways in Missouri suck really bad, gas stations are dirty and filled with white trash... that's the impression poeple get when they travel through Missouri and that's how they think about the state. :shrug:

If the roads are in bad shape, it's from all the Kansans in SUVs hauling their boats to Missouri to use the lakes.

patteeu
01-17-2006, 07:26 AM
It goes both ways, bud.

I was born in Missouri, but I'll never be loyal to my state of birth! NEVAAAAAAR!

*raises sword in the air defiantly* :mad:

:p

I'll never understand men who want to be women, people who like baseball better than football, or Missourians who want to be Jayhawks. :shake:

savedin79
01-17-2006, 07:31 AM
K.U. SUCKS!!!

Old Dog
01-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Firstly, Congrats to the Mizzou fans for the W.

Secondly, I think storming the court was definitely in order.

Thirdly, I wish I had a few "Kill Bill" T-shirts or something, I'm sure I could make a few bucks selling them today.

Dartgod
01-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Beer just doesn't go well with spaghetti and meatballs.
Nonsense. Beer goes with everything.

KcMizzou
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
we never made fun of you guys whenever we beat you guys countless times, so just shut up and leave us be for now, untill we beat ya again, lol.
Riiight.

Good luck with that.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 08:18 AM
we never made fun of you guys whenever we beat you guys countless times,

That's Hilarious. Kansas fans can act worse that donkey fans after a W - heh, they act just as bad after a loss too. MU wins I get no calls of congratulations from the inlaws that are KU fans - nor do I make calls to rub it in. But when KU wins, I get 2-3 phone calls rubbing it in along with 2-3 emails as well.

But I guess when B-Ball is all a state has that is positive, they get pretty wrapped up in it.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 08:19 AM
If the roads are in bad shape, it's from all the Kansans in SUVs hauling their boats to Missouri to use the lakes.

ROFLROFL

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 08:23 AM

DT

HA HA ........ The best thing about Missouri is Kansas City, and it starts with KANSAS .

Sweet, isn't it................

As for the score last night, we gave you that one . 4321

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 08:26 AM
HA HA ........ The best thing about Missouri is Kansas City, and it starts with KANSAS .

Sweet, isn't it................

And the best part of Kansas is in Missouri.:D

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 08:52 AM
And the best part of Kansas is in Missouri.:D

Oh no you don't, try'n to twist it around , heh. Best thing vs best part......The panel will not accept your claim, it's to close to the original comment, try again, OK. :D

As a college basketball fan ( & a Tigger fan ) , that game was etertaining
to watch, but rather disapointing on our end.

( MU is now called ) Lucky U....... team and the fans.

Ultra Peanut
01-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Rushing the court after you knock off a hated rival is totally acceptable to me...

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Many ways you can look at rushing the court / field ?

The joy of winning an emotional game brings excitment when you win. Esp. when you don't win that often / or in this case a heated rival.

( Student section ) Inmature kids out having a wild time......... You don't see the grownups / adults out there doing it, they stay in the stands where it is safe and laugh at the kids.

Saulbadguy
01-17-2006, 09:51 AM
You don't see the grownups / adults out there doing it, they stay in the stands where it is safe and laugh at the kids.
Wrong.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Bump for Skip...

(Lots of quality on this thread too, no sense in him missing it):)

Pitt Gorilla
01-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Its just that we jayhawk fans are extremely used to whooping the living shit out of people like a shitty MU and KSU team that we really dont know how to handle all this really really horribly played games from them this year. Its really hard to fathom that we can actually be bad... it sucks small denver donkey testicles right now for us. we never made fun of you guys whenever we beat you guys countless times, so just shut up and leave us be for now, untill we beat ya again, lol.

that being said, our freshman(the entire team that is) sucks bad, i hope to god they live up to their extreme potential that self touted them as, if not we're ****ed...Extremely used to it? Are you forgetting last year in Columbia? How about the great Norm versus Roy battles?

beer bacon
01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Extremely used to it? Are you forgetting last year in Columbia? How about the great Norm versus Roy battles?

KU fans and Bronco fans react the same way to losses. There is no reasoning with them. It is a coping mechanism.

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
MU fans and Bronco fans react the same way to losses. There is no reasoning with them. It is a coping mechanism.

Fixed it for you .........

Donk fans and MU fans are very similar, class ass's .........

beer bacon
01-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Fixed it for you .........

MU loses we get pissed and call for Quin's head. KU loses they take the USC/Broncos route.

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Bump for Skip...

(Lots of quality on this thread too, no sense in him missing it):)
There's all sorts of gayhawk fans that are MIA today. Where's Laz? I wonder if he has an imbedded KU soundbite appropriate for choking away a 7 point lead in 90 seconds. Sedated? Where are you? And perhaps gosimplex will return with more reasons why winning last night just didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Heh. :)

beer bacon
01-17-2006, 11:02 AM
There's all sorts of gayhawk fans that are MIA today. Where's Laz? I wonder if he has an imbedded KU soundbite appropriate for choking away a 7 point lead in 90 seconds. Sedated? Where are you? And perhaps gosimplex will return with more reasons why winning last night just didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Reason #1: KU wasn't going to make the NCAA Tournament anyways.

I love being inglorious in victory.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Had KU beaten MU in Allen Fieldhouse, the fans would have simply laughed, drank a few beers, and walk over to the nearest taverns to celebrate in style.

But MU wins, and it's like a stupid orgy:
Waaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa, WE BEAT KANSAS! WE BEAT KANSAS! I GOTTA RUSH THE FLOOR. I GOTTA RUN ON THE COURT. Waaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaa. OMG THIS IS LIKE THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME. THIS IS SO GREAT I GOTTA RUSH THE FLOOR. OMG THIS IS SO COOL, WE BEAT KANSAS. Hey wait. Where's the court? I'm too drunk. I don't care if I look stupid or not. I'm from Missouri. I GOTTA RUSH THE COURT. I GOTTA RUN, RUN, RUN...

HC_Chief
01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Geeezuz..... now THAT was a choke job! :(

I'd be whooping it up too if the roles were reversed. KU really needs to practice hitting FREE THROWS. That's two games this year where they should have won but blew it from the stripe.

I don't really fault their defense - Gardner was insanely on-target last night. He was chucking up moving contested threes.... nbn.

Passing was also a problem.... got sloppy. And, FFS, somebody tell Chalmers that the no-look pass isn't working for him!! Quit trying to be cool - just pass the g'damned ball to the open man. Your no-looks go sailing wide 75% of the time. :grr:

'Grats MU fans.... you won your 2006 national championship game :p

58-4ever
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Many ways you can look at rushing the court / field ?

The joy of winning an emotional game brings excitment when you win. Esp. when you don't win that often / or in this case a heated rival.

( Student section ) Inmature kids out having a wild time......... You don't see the grownups / adults out there doing it, they stay in the stands where it is safe and laugh at the kids.

Yeah, since so many have died or been injured from college basketball fans rushing the court.

DJJasonp
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM

Congrats to MU on the win....seriously. We lost, but I wont slit my throat over it.

I could cry and mention what a crap call the jump ball was (when hawkins was clearly hacked on the arm)....but hey, that would sound like crying right.......so I wont.

But, nice job MU....the best part about this loss as a KU fan????

That this win may have kept Synder around for another year or so.....

See fellow KU fans....a silver lining!

Cochise
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Usual excuse/diversion checklist:

1. MU isn't a big game for us, we don't care (check)
2. MU didn't beat us, we beat ourselves (check)
3. The refs stole the game from us (check)
4. Our season was shot anyway (check)
5. It took a career performance from one player to make you guys competitive against us (check)
6. Yeah... well... you guys celebrated the same way our fans do after football games. (check)
7. Our state is better than yours in ways that have nothing to do with basketball. (check)
8. Congrats MU, you just won your national championship (check)
9. But... we beat up on Kentucky! (check)
10. We... eh... wanted to lose, so Snyder would keep his job. Yeah, that's it. Losing to Missouri is what we secretly wanted. (check)

We've pretty much run through the whole playbook I think.

ROYC75
01-17-2006, 11:37 AM

5. It took a career performance from one player to make you guys competitive against us (check)
6. Yeah... well... you guys celebrated the same way our fans do after football games. (check)
7. Our state is better than yours in ways that have nothing to do with basketball. (check)
10. We... eh... wanted to lose, so Snyder would keep his job. Yeah, that's it. Losing to Missouri is what we secretly wanted. (check)

Oh, you are good with words , really, you left one out........

( A MU fan speaking ) We would rather beat KU now and then than win a National Championship .
:thumb:

HC_Chief
01-17-2006, 11:49 AM

1. Partially true. ANY Big XII game is a big game. It's just not as big a deal for KU fans as it is for MUrons. To us, it's a conference game. For MUrons, it's their version of the NC ;)

2. Absolutely true. We hit one of the MANY missed FTs throughout regulation and you MUrons are crying on yer sister's/sheep's back.

3. nope

4. nope

5. True. Try telling us that it wasn't Gardner's career-best performance; against the NCAA's best defense no less. Mmm hmmm, thought so. But, by all means, keep denegrated his accomplishment. It's not like MUron has a clue anyway - you guys so rarely get to see talent on the court. Except, of course, when KU comes to town :p

6. Hmm, your crappy BBall team beats KU in an early conference season game; KU knocks off NU (first time in 30+ years), MU, and ISU (to go to a bowl game). I'll grant you the second of the three KU rushes: no need to storm the field after knocking off MU - even if they were favored.

7. True. 'Mizzourah' = shithole

8. True. See #6

9. True.

10. We hope he does keep his job. The guy is a crappy coach. Of course, being MUrons, you don't realize that fact - you've ALWAYS had a crappy coach. :)

Saulbadguy
01-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Had KU beaten MU in Allen Fieldhouse, the fans would have simply laughed, drank a few beers, and walk over to the nearest taverns to celebrate in style.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa, WE BEAT KANSAS! WE BEAT KANSAS! I GOTTA RUSH THE FLOOR. I GOTTA RUN ON THE COURT. Waaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaa. OMG THIS IS LIKE THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME. THIS IS SO GREAT I GOTTA RUSH THE FLOOR. OMG THIS IS SO COOL, WE BEAT KANSAS. Hey wait. Where's the court? I'm too drunk. I don't care if I look stupid or not. I'm from Missouri. I GOTTA RUSH THE COURT. I GOTTA RUN, RUN, RUN...

It has to do with the expectations of the program. You are obviously not a KU football fan, otherwise you would not be spouting off this BS.

Pitt Gorilla
01-17-2006, 12:44 PM

:D We'll see. I expect KU to beat MU in Larryland. If it's a close, hard-fought game, I'd expect KU fans to rush the floor. If it's a blow-out, probably not. Hey, let the kids have their fun.

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 01:26 PM

Actually, what was happening was not a court-rushing to celebrate at all. The Tiger fans knew there were a lot of KU fans there. They also knew that after a loos like that the KU fans would be extremely upset. And knowing how unsportsman-like KU fans can become, the Tiger fans actually were surrounding the team as a human shield to protect the players from airborn batteries and such.

HC_Chief
01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
MU's rushing the court last night didn't bother me one bit. That was an insane victory... to be down that much at the <i>very</i> end of regulation, then somehow tie it, then have KU choke on the foul line w/.4 tics left, then win it in OT was huge. The fact that it was KU was even better for the MUrons... but I don't think that mattered as much as the manner of victory.

Oh yeah, MUCK FIZZOU! 4321

Pitt Gorilla
01-17-2006, 03:03 PM
MU's rushing the court last night didn't bother me one bit. That was an insane victory... to be down that much at the <i>very</i> end of regulation, then somehow tie it, then have KU choke on the foul line w/.4 tics left, then win it in OT was huge. The fact that it was KU was even better for the MUrons... but I don't think that mattered as much as the manner of victory.

Oh yeah, MUCK FIZZOU! 4321Good take.

Spott
01-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Who cares if a bunch of college kids rush the court after a victory over a rival? You're only young once, might as well enjoy it.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Here's the other thread I knew Skip wouldn't want to miss.

duncan_idaho
01-18-2006, 05:09 PM
The best thing... my roommate was surrounded by kU fans... when the mu fans chanted "it's not over" shortly after the premature rock chalk, one turned to him and said, "c'mon, give it up. it's over."

He said, "No. Plenty of time left. We'll see what happens when the clock reads 0:00."

The kU fan wouldn't talk to him when it did...