PDA

View Full Version : Per Sirius NFL Randy Cross says.....

kpic
01-17-2006, 07:23 AM
On Sirius NFL radio this morning Randy Cross mentioned that the Dolphins (N. Saban) hired 23 assistant coaches last year and that is the way it should be done (helps with relieving the long hours that coaches put in).

Mentioned that Herm immediately came into KC and let go of a bunch of extra coaches and this was a big mistake. It was implied that Herm would be letting go of all these extra coaches but would the coaches that are left be putting in any more hours?? :mad:

Does anyone know how many we had\have left? I thought KC had the most staff in the NFL last year?

nascher
01-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Who cares this is really meaningless.

3 are gone

DB assistant
TE coach
and ST coach

Herm will bring in a new ST coach for sure and maybe even are TE coach. Not every NFL team has 20+ coaches.

CoMoChief
01-17-2006, 07:32 AM
I dont think its really necessary to have assistant offensive line coaches or staff along that nature. It's pointless and obviously it really didnt pay off in some areas. Does anyone really think Mike Solari needs an assistant? DV and AS were more of assistants to Solari than the current ass. off line coach IMO.

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Randy Cross teh God!!!

Wile_E_Coyote
01-17-2006, 07:35 AM
randy cross is starting to look like a male version of South Parks' Sally Struthers

~I wonder if he ate his NFL broadcasting partner

Tribal Warfare
01-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Herm, has made one genius move already by retaining Gunther :shake:

Bwana
01-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Randi Cross = Gaylord R. Ranger. The guy is a waste of air and a useless pile of skin that brings nothing to the game but a bitch fest.

F**K Randi Cross!

Chiefnj
01-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Give Herm some time. Paul and Jimmy are busy this time of year. They'll be signed soon enough.

Hog Farmer
01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
I would think more assistants would be a benefit for a coach as long as they can understand what you are wanting to implement in your coaching. For instance if you have five DL coaches then there would be time for one on one teaching more often. On the other hand it might be a clusterfuk.

jspchief
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
So Randy Cross claims that more coaches is better? How did that work out for Vermeil's largest staff in the NFL?

DaWolf
01-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Well consider we had two DB coaches the past 3 years and our DB's still sucked...

Count Zarth
01-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Too many cooks spoil the soup....

Or whatever.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 08:30 AM
It's not the quantity of coaches you need, it's the quality.

nychief
01-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Jesus - are we really going to freak about this crap.

kc rush
01-17-2006, 10:09 AM
New England has done pretty well for themselves with one of (if not) the smallest staffs in the league.

Quality over quantity.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Quality over quantity.

I just said that in post #13! Like you couldn't scroll down a couple of freakin' posts and see that someone already said the same damn thing.

:shake:

:D

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 10:18 AM
It's not so much the number of people on the staff, but the ability of the people on the staff.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 10:20 AM
It's not so much the number of people on the staff, but the ability of the people on the staff.

You said it Mr. Senator

ptlyon
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
I thought it was something about the motion of the ocean.

Rain Man
01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Give Herm some time. Paul and Jimmy are busy this time of year. They'll be signed soon enough.

Does anyone hear anything? I don't hear anything, because the only people in the room are me and a dead man.

Rain Man
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
Just for the sake of discussion, I'm going to disagree here. I think that you're better off having more coaches who are bad than a few coaches who are good. It's like the student-teacher ratio in school.

CosmicPal
01-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Does anyone hear anything? I don't hear anything, because the only people in the room are me and a dead man.

Huh? Who'd you kill this time?

Say, can you really go to jail for killing a Bronco fan in your office? I think the courts would understand it was justified.

kc rush
01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I just said that in post #13! Like you couldn't scroll down a couple of freakin' posts and see that someone already said the same damn thing.

:shake:

:D

Saw it, wanted to emphasize it.

Wanted to pad my post count. :)

PastorMikH
01-17-2006, 11:03 AM
On Sirius NFL radio this morning Randy Cross mentioned that the Dolphins (N. Saban) hired 23 assistant coaches last year and that is the way it should be done (helps with relieving the long hours that coaches put in).

Mentioned that Herm immediately came into KC and let go of a bunch of extra coaches and this was a big mistake. It was implied that Herm would be letting go of all these extra coaches but would the coaches that are left be putting in any more hours?? :mad:

Does anyone know how many we had\have left? I thought KC had the most staff in the NFL last year?

As I was driving home through KC last week I was listening to 610 and 810. Can't remember which one talked about it, but one of the stations was saying that DV had one of the larger coaching staffs in the NFL with either 20 or 21. Then they started looking at other teams. The Pats only have like 13 or 14 assistants. Herm had something like 17 at NY. It was interesting that some of the teams with larger staffs were sitting at home while some of the teams with the smaller staffs were in the playoffs.

Calcountry
01-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Randy Cross, is a Troll for lack of a better word.

He had the Buffalo game, and it was with glee in his voice, that he pointed out the schedule that the Chiefs had the rest of the way. A way of saying, you should have one this one boys.

Fug him.

Randy, why don't you go ahead and tell us how good it made you feel to have Montana's hands on your ass all those years.

savedin79
01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Randy Cross! Who's He?

Bob Dole
01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
As I was driving home through KC last week I was listening to 610 and 810. Can't remember which one talked about it, but one of the stations was saying that DV had one of the larger coaching staffs in the NFL with either 20 or 21. Then they started looking at other teams. The Pats only have like 13 or 14 assistants. Herm had something like 17 at NY. It was interesting that some of the teams with larger staffs were sitting at home while some of the teams with the smaller staffs were in the playoffs.

It just serves to illustrate that a large number of coaches isn't always better than a small number of better coaches.