PDA

View Full Version : American Idol, 2006!

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Premiering now!

Let's hope I don't fall in love with this year's winner.

ChiefsFire
01-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Premiering now!

did you fall in love with that Reuben dude?

Bowser
01-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Reality TV is the Root of All Evil.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
"I didn't make it through because my legs were too hairy" ROFL

bogie
01-17-2006, 06:29 PM

I agree. However, it keeps me employed, so I love it. Not for watching, but for paying my bills.

Thig Lyfe
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM

bogie
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
FYI, American Idol is not reality TV.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
The chick in fishnet stockings singing celine dion was awesome.

Bowser
01-17-2006, 06:34 PM
I agree. However, it keeps me employed, so I love it. Not for watching, but for paying my bills.

I'm sure my opinion would be different if I benefitted financially, too. :)

What do you do in relation with reality TV, if I can be so nosy?

bogie
01-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm sure my opinion would be different if I benefitted financially, too. :)

What do you do in relation with reality TV, if I can be so nosy?

I run the post production department of a production company that produces some reality TV shows. Nothing as big as AI (in my opinion AI is a game show, not a reality show), but we've had our small successes. Interventions, Growing Up Gotti, Tuckerville, etc.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow. Simon is taking his asshole-itude to epic lengths.

ChiefsCountry
01-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm majoring in entertainment management, one course is in music management. With that background I can see where Simon gets at most of the time.

bogie
01-17-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm majoring in entertainment management, one course is in music management. With that background I can see where Simon gets at most of the time.

What is your plan with a degree in Entertainment Management?

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Two sets of really good twins this year.

VonneMarie
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Deputy Sheriff was the best. ROFL

Ultra Peanut
01-17-2006, 07:21 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/pabloescobar/newsig.png

Douche Baggins
01-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Good crooner. Barely got through.

VonneMarie
01-17-2006, 07:28 PM
That Crystal girl looks like a picture negative.

Reaper16
01-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I run the post production department of a production company that produces some reality TV shows. Nothing as big as AI (in my opinion AI is a game show, not a reality show), but we've had our small successes. Interventions, Growing Up Gotti, Tuckerville, etc.
I liked Tuckerville. (Probably because I know who Tanya Tucker is.) Good work.

Halfcan
01-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Premiering now!

Can't handle another Aiken breakin heart?

American Idol is gay.

Ultra Peanut
01-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Can't handle another Aiken breakin heart?I think that's the first funny thing you've ever written.

Reaper16
01-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Heh. Next time: Denver rejects!

Coach
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
No thanks, watching Chiefs football is torture enough..

Halfcan
01-17-2006, 09:16 PM
I think that's the first funny thing you've ever written.

You just haven't been paying attention-lol

Frankie
01-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Can somebody explain to me why the lanky wierd guy who jumped around like crazy got through? Especially when the charismatic 16 year old Sinatra singer almost didn't.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I liked the Sheriff, ROFL.

savedin79
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
The nut case got thru.

listopencil
01-18-2006, 12:49 AM
I missed it. Is it going to be on again tomorrow or next week?

listopencil
01-18-2006, 12:50 AM
BTW, Bo Bice was way better than Carrie Underwood.

tk13
01-18-2006, 12:57 AM
BTW, Bo Bice was way better than Carrie Underwood.
gochiefs will be along to set your house on fire shortly.

KCChiefsMan
01-18-2006, 02:04 AM
"we started out as friends
but it was all pretend
ya ya
since you've been gone...."

-Kelly Clarkson

those are some SICK lyrics, we can all thank American Idol for that

Baby Lee
01-18-2006, 06:32 AM
"we started out as friends
but it was all pretend
ya ya
since you've been gone...."

-Kelly Clarkson

those are some SICK lyrics, we can all thank American Idol for that
Talk about schedenfreude. I actually find that a very catchy song, even if there's not a lot to the lyrics. Then I find out it was written by that poseur Avril La-veen-yah, and gifted to Kelly.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:59 AM
I missed it. Is it going to be on again tomorrow or next week?
It'll be on tonight.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Can somebody explain to me why the lanky wierd guy who jumped around like crazy got through? Especially when the charismatic 16 year old Sinatra singer almost didn't.
Ratings? They both sucked...

Bugeater
01-18-2006, 07:08 AM
If you're a guy, and you watch this shit, you have serious issues.

Frankie
01-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Ratings? They both sucked...
I beg to differ. The crooner will go places, I think.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 08:44 AM
What is your plan with a degree in Entertainment Management?

Well it is bascially my undergrad degree, its focus is in live entertainment such as sports, music, event, and venue managaement.

Some of the jobs grads in the program have gotten are with the Chiefs, Cardinals, William Morris Agency, wedding planner, convention center director, sports agent, city planner, etc.

Here is more info - http://www.em.missouristate.edu/

journeyscarab
01-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Dog the Bounty Hunter rocks. Interventions is very cool.

journeyscarab
01-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Well it is bascially my undergrad degree, its focus is in live entertainment such as sports, music, event, and venue managaement.

Some of the jobs grads in the program have gotten are with the Chiefs, Cardinals, William Morris Agency, wedding planner, convention center director, sports agent, city planner, etc.

Here is more info - http://www.em.missouristate.edu/

Wished I'd known about that program in 1988. I got a Communications: Radio/TV/Film degree from Wichita State, which was fine - but their program wasn't that great when I went throught it. Your degree sounds like a lot of fun with some cool potential. Best of luck to you!

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 09:36 AM
Two sets of really good twins this year.The Memphis twins were badass, and the 16 year olds were pretty good, too. I think the fact that all of them realized that they needed to be strong solo to have a shot really helped.

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Talk about schedenfreude. I actually find that a very catchy song, even if there's not a lot to the lyrics. Then I find out it was written by that poseur Avril La-veen-yah, and gifted to Kelly.
http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/avril15.html

CosmicPal
01-18-2006, 09:39 AM
People actually watch this sh*t?

I think this belongs in the psycho ex thread...

RedNFeisty
01-18-2006, 11:01 AM
If the phsyco that jumps around makes it to the voting process, I will call every night to vote for him.

Baby Lee
01-18-2006, 11:03 AM
The Russian girl was surreal. Perhaps the only clip that matched the surreal clips of past years. Sounded like if she got quality training and lost that heavy accent she might actually have a decent voice one day, buy MAN!! That shite belonged on an episode of Twin Peaks.

listopencil
01-18-2006, 02:05 PM
If you're a guy, and you watch this shit, you have serious issues.

Nah, my little kids really like it (especially my young daughter) and it's a show that we can all watch together in prime time. There aren't all that many shows I'll let my younger kids (ages 8 and 10) watch in prime time so it's nice to be able do it.

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
The Russian girl was surreal.Metro is going to pistol whip you.

GT Orange
01-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Nah, my little kids really like it (especially my young daughter) and it's a show that we can all watch together in prime time. There aren't all that many shows I'll let my younger kids (ages 8 and 10) watch in prime time so it's nice to be able do it.

You, as someone watching with kids, must have LOVED all the beeps from the sore losers. That's family entertainment for you... ROFL

Simon is in rare form and the auditions are going to be from Denver tonight. It should be good...

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
The Russian girl was surreal. Perhaps the only clip that matched the surreal clips of past years. Sounded like if she got quality training and lost that heavy accent she might actually have a decent voice one day, buy MAN!! That shite belonged on an episode of Twin Peaks.

As soon as she started, I turned to my wife and said "she has a future in exotic dancing."

Shortly thereafter, Paula started removing her jacket in a burlesque-type fashion...

ROFL

DJJasonp
01-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Man....that fake tan chick was a trip....I think she was 17 and her mom was 24!

She reminds me of chicks from (insert your favorite KC county to make fun of here)!!!!!

She looked like what Paris Hilton would look like if she tanned in the desert for 2 weeks straight without drinking any water!

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I think she was 17 and her mom was 24!Her mom was 44 trying to look 14.

That was sad.

royr17
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
That Simon guy is a pure asshole

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Man....that fake tan chick was a trip....I think she was 17 and her mom was 24!

She reminds me of chicks from (insert your favorite KC county to make fun of here)!!!!!

She looked like what Paris Hilton would look like if she tanned in the desert for 2 weeks straight without drinking any water!

That reminds me.

Here's a serious question for AI afficionados out there...

My wife pointed out that the nasty fake tan chick appeared on the show twice. During her first appearance (with her mom) she was wearing a pink shirt. She was on again at the very end, during the "french" medley and was wearing different clothes.

After seeing it for myself, I ran the medley back on DVR and noticed several other contestants that were on early in the show and were wearing DIFFERENT clothing. I also noticed that none of them were people who made it through to Hollywood.

Do they allow these people multiple auditions? Or better yet - is the whole thing STAGED to produce entertaining "bad" contestants?

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 03:21 PM
That Simon guy is a pure asshole

My wife loves the show.

Simon's verbal brutality is the primary reason I sit with her and tolerate it.

royr17
01-18-2006, 03:23 PM
My wife loves the show.

Maybe that explains why your a ass too then doesnt it, parker ???

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Do they allow these people multiple auditions? Or better yet - is the whole thing STAGED to produce entertaining "bad" contestants?

No. I think they cut parts up.

The first time you saw her, they didn't show the whole audition.

royr17
01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I remember that one part he said at the end about that big girl that was really mean .....

"Do we have a bigger stage this year ?"

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Did anyone else see the dude in the Dorothy getup?

I think he auditioned just to win a bet with someone.

DJJasonp
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Some of the contestants (freaks) show up in multiple cities so they have multiple chances to make it....

I guess they love the abuse. There was a guy last season who did that and got so ticked, he threw water on Simon.....

DJJasonp
01-18-2006, 03:33 PM
For the record, I only watch during the first week or so when they have all the people who they make fun of.....after that, the entertainment value goes way down....

I dont understand how someone can go onto that show seriously thinking they're a good singer....If it were me, if it were a friend or relative that told me I was great, I would test that theory out at the local karaoke bar and check out the response...before getting embarrased on national tv.

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Maybe that explains why your a ass too then doesnt it, parker ???

Absolutely.

Simon enjoys sarcasm, cynicism, and creating humor at other people's expense.

I can identify with him.

You're a ****ing moron.

:D

htismaqe
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
For the record, I only watch during the first week or so when they have all the people who they make fun of.....after that, the entertainment value goes way down....

I dont understand how someone can go onto that show seriously thinking they're a good singer....If it were me, if it were a friend or relative that told me I was great, I would test that theory out at the local karaoke bar and check out the response...before getting embarrased on national tv.

Well, it did work for William Hung. :D

Calcountry
01-18-2006, 03:43 PM
i will buy a second tv if i have to to avoid that chit this year.

broncoholic
01-18-2006, 03:54 PM
That reminds me.

My wife pointed out that the nasty fake tan chick appeared on the show twice. During her first appearance (with her mom) she was wearing a pink shirt. She was on again at the very end, during the "french" medley and was wearing different clothes.

After seeing it for myself, I ran the medley back on DVR and noticed several other contestants that were on early in the show and were wearing DIFFERENT clothing. I also noticed that none of them were people who made it through to Hollywood.

My guess is that logistically they all have to audition a couple of times in front of screeners before getting to the Paula/Randy/Simon level. Those must have been taped and played for the medley.

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Truth, from TWoP:

#514 is taunting other contestants, which is kind of awesome, and then #522 finally tells her to ****ing bring it herself, and she does, which is even more awesome. Which makes it a shame that WE HAVE NO IDEA WHO SHE IS OR IF SHE EVEN MADE IT THROUGH.True dat.

This ep perfectly displayed show business in all its falseness and emptiness. It is a dehumanizing process. And for what? So I can laugh? Man, am I an asshat.

DOUBLE TRUE!

LocoChiefsFan
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
That reminds me.

Actually, she goes to the next audition(Denver), after being told no in Chi-Town. As for the others, I have no explanation. Unless they did the same thing. Watch tonight, you'll see what I'm talking about.

plbrdude
01-18-2006, 04:27 PM

watchin her i could not get the idea of a dark dingy club with bad stage lighting with her swingin' around a pole.

Baby Lee
01-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Actually, she goes to the next audition(Denver), after being told no in Chi-Town. As for the others, I have no explanation. Unless they did the same thing. Watch tonight, you'll see what I'm talking about.
Good thing it's not the most important thing in her life. ROFL

Frankie
01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
My wife loves the show.

Why did Simon get suddenly so pissed off with the guy in the statue of liberty garb? Didn't even allow him to sing more than two notes. Granted his gimic was super corny, but he sounded almost promising as he started to sing. Simon though was obviously angry and kicked him off.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
That guy took it pretty well.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Well so far, nobody from Denver can sing. A chick from KC did a good job. And they got a normal Bronco fan coming up. :)

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
This episode is not as funny as the one lastnight, so far...

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Just say no to rock...

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
That guy could ****ing sing....I was afraid they wouldn't let him through for some bullshit reason.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:29 PM
That guy could ****ing sing....I was afraid they wouldn't let him through for some bullshit reason.

Stick him with a band then he could do things, solo artist probally not.

kc hopeful
01-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Your really missing something- Many of the Broncos are auditioning.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Derrick Johnson is going to Hollywood!

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Derrick Johnson is going to Hollywood!

I thought it was Garret, not Derrick.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:39 PM
That cowboy kid is a pretty touching story. Simon wasnt an ass that time.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I thought it was Garret, not Derrick.
It is, I just renamed him Derrick. That name change will make him a star...

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Taco John is on now!

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Denver fans should never make fun of us with muletts and camaros after that guy.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Complete nerds. :shake:

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Your typical Bronco fan.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Zachery, OMG...

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 06:57 PM
What the hell.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 06:59 PM
We have to get a picture of that dude :), to make fun of Donk fans.

VonneMarie
01-18-2006, 07:01 PM
I can't wait for next weeks show!

Up next, skating with celebrities...

Douche Baggins
01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Up next, skating with celebrities...

*switches to NFL Network*

KCChiefsMan
01-19-2006, 01:58 AM
a couple years ago I had a girlfriend who made me watch American Idol a couple of time with her, and we almost broke up because I hated it and refused to watch it with her after the first 2 times. I got this: "I wanted us to have American Idol, I wanted this for us....I can't believe you don't like it, you don't like me?"

...psycho!

Rausch
01-19-2006, 01:59 AM
a couple years ago I had a girlfriend-

Bullshit...

Douche Baggins
01-19-2006, 02:01 AM
The only one that is a psycho is the one that wants to break up over a TV show.