PDA

View Full Version : Fat Bastard, Episode II - The Fat Strikes Back

Frazod
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
I AM STILL A FAT BASTARD!!!!

Those of you who are long time members may remember the original Fat Bastard thread, which started in May of 2003, wherein I declared that I'd lose weight through diet and exercise. And I did - over the course of the next five or six months, I lost approximately 50 pounds, and took about 5 inches off my waist.

Then one day, I decided I'd take a day of from exercising. I'll start again tomorrow, I thought.

Well, as it turns out, tomorrow was today, some 2 1/2 years later. :banghead:

Since the fall of 2003, I've put back all the weight I lost, and then some. It really piled after I quit smoking back in August. I'm sure those of you who have seen me at the banquet weekends for the past three years have noticed that there was a bit more of me in 2004, and substantially more of me than that in 2005. Now it's 2006, and I'm still smoke free, but fatter than ever. I'm at the point where I almost can't find clothes that fit in normal stores. And I'm not gonna shop at the fat boy store. It's time to quit eating and get moving. :#

So it's Fat Bastard time, round 2. As with the last time, any words of encouragement or fellow fat bastards who wish to join me on my quest to be less are welcome.

I'M FAT AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE! :cuss:

tk13
01-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Too bad JOhn can't be here to root you on. :D

Taco John
01-17-2006, 10:32 PM
You might try cocaine... That'll solve your smoking problem (unless you prefer to freebase, of course) and get that metabolism up. All you need is a little motivation to get moving.

Right?

mikey23545
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
Roundworms - the organic way to weight loss.

keg in kc
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
You might try cocaine... Actually, if my memory is correct...

And I'm right there with you, Tim. It's amazing how easy it is to slip. And not just with weight.

Donger
01-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Sorry, but I can't relate; I'm 6'1" and 185 pounds. The two lobster tails I just ate might change that however.

Taco John
01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
Sounds like you're lacking a 15 lb penis.

I'm 185, minus the penis weight.

Taco John
01-17-2006, 10:40 PM
/that's not counting 5lb balls, each

Frazod
01-17-2006, 10:43 PM
You might try cocaine... That'll solve your smoking problem (unless you prefer to freebase, of course) and get that metabolism up. All you need is a little motivation to get moving.

Right?

Been there, done that. Certainly keeps the weight off, but its a tad pricy. :D

Iowanian
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I'd about pay money for a photo of frazod, shopping for a new moomoo at Lane Giant.

how's that for motivation?

Frazod
01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I'd about pay money for a photo of frazod, shopping for a new moomoo at Lane Giant.

Thanks, dickhead. Every little bit helps. :D

joesomebody
01-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Good luck fraz, I'm on like day 13 of my quitting smoking, and I can already tell I'm going to have do more than 3 days a week at the gym just to maintain my current weight.

For some reason food tastes good again, and now when I'm hungry, I can't just go have a cigarette to take my mind off of it...

Frazod
01-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Good luck fraz, I'm on like day 13 of my quitting smoking, and I can already tell I'm going to have do more than 3 days a week at the gym just to maintain my current weight.

For some reason food tastes good again, and now when I'm hungry, I can't just go have a cigarette to take my mind off of it...
I've gained AT LEAST 20 pounds in the five months since I quit, most of it in the first couple of months. I just became ravenously hungry. The ashtray on my desk was replaced by a bag of cookie dough. It was scary. By the time my appetite subsided a bit, the damage was done. Damage control starts now.

My cigarette substitute is gum (just regular gum, not that nicotine shit). My advice - if you get hungry, chew a piece of Trident - it works for me. I go through gum like mad, but it's better than eating or smoking.

morphius
01-17-2006, 10:51 PM

Hmmm, I think a photoshop of Fraz in a moomoo as a signature until he loses the weight could be mighty good motivation.

Iowanian
01-17-2006, 10:56 PM
Wait until Fraz finds out the only Fat girl pants his size, only come in Donkey Orange.

Frazod
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmm, I think a photoshop of Fraz in a moomoo as a signature until he loses the weight could be mighty good motivation.

Jesus, the picture of me in all my fat glory that shows up every 20 seconds or so in the header at the top of the page is bad enough.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm in. At 420 lbs I'm still putting it on and it's starting to cause some major back problems. At 28, it's a might bit ridiculous to feel this damn old. I'm scared to stop smoking cause of the weight gain involved. Today's the day. Count me in.

joesomebody
01-17-2006, 10:59 PM
I've gained AT LEAST 20 pounds in the five months since I quit, most of it in the first couple of months. I just became ravenously hungry. The ashtray on my desk was replaced by a bag of cookie dough. It was scary. By the time my appetite subsided a bit, the damage was done. Damage control starts now.

My cigarette substitute is gum (just regular gum, not that nicotine shit). My advice - if you get hungry, chew a piece of Trident - it works for me. I go through gum like mad, but it's better than eating or smoking.Thanks Fraz. I had to lose a shit ton of weight in order to qualify for the military, as I was a fat bastard my freshman year of college.

I think the thing that helped me the most besides running of course was giving up soda and any other sweet drinks.

I completely gave up soda and only drank ice water. It's amazing what drinking a shit ton of water every day can do for you. By shit ton, there is of course a limit to how much you want to drink... but its a lot.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:01 PM
http://vote4bob.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/fat_bastard.jpg

I may be fat...BUT I'M DEAD SEXY!!!!

Logical
01-17-2006, 11:03 PM
Good luck Tim

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:04 PM
I think a bet is in order...

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm in. At 420 lbs I'm still putting it on and it's starting to cause some major back problems. At 28, it's a might bit ridiculous to feel this damn old. I'm scared to stop smoking cause of the weight gain involved. Today's the day. Count me in.
One of my best friends is in the same boat. I imagine he weighs about the same as you, if not more. The weight is a much bigger problem than the smokes, but he smokes so much that he coughs all the time, and that irritates his back, which is pretty much totally f#cked because of the weight. He's in his late 30s, and has a very stressful job and an insane wife. I seriously worry about him dropping f#cking dead at this point. It ain't pretty.

If you try to quit smoking AND diet at the same time, you'll probably just burst into flames. Work on the weight, and ease into it gradually. Good luck.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-17-2006, 11:05 PM
Best of luck, Fraz. I must say, though, I was rather disappointed when opening this thread. I was expecting a spin-off from the Austin Powers movies...

Cochise
01-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I just weighed in at 185... course I am 6'3" so not fat or anything, but I'm in horrible shape. I definitely notice that I feel better in the summer and fall when I exercise a lot more. I need to get on that but I have got no motivation.

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
If you try to quit smoking AND diet at the same time, you'll probably just burst into flames. Work on the weight, and ease into gradually. Good luck.

Screw that.

I quit drinking, smoking, and went on a diet at the same time.

Lost 50 lbs...

:)

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks Fraz. I had to lose a shit ton of weight in order to qualify for the military, as I was a fat bastard my freshman year of college.

I think the thing that helped me the most besides running of course was giving up soda and any other sweet drinks.

I completely gave up soda and only drank ice water. It's amazing what drinking a shit ton of water every day can do for you. By shit ton, there is of course a limit to how much you want to drink... but its a lot.

I switched to diet soda years ago (which I basically only drink when I eat out), and I drink plenty of water now. I just eat lots of bad things and don't get any exercise.

I know what I need to do, because I've do it. It's just a matter of doing it.

Cochise
01-17-2006, 11:08 PM

I completely gave up soda and only drank ice water. It's amazing what drinking a shit ton of water every day can do for you.

I don't drink soda much at all any more, and I think taking in tons of water does make you feel a lot better.

I need to quit swilling coffee so much at work but I'm completely useless without it. Water doesn't give you the same effect.

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Screw that.

Lost 50 lbs...

Brad, he weighs over 400 pounds. At your fattest, you really weren't that fat. There's a big difference.

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Best of luck, Fraz. I must say, though, I was rather disappointed when opening this thread. I was expecting a spin-off from the Austin Powers movies...

Now that you mention it, yeah, I can see that. Mike Myers would probably be all over that thread title. :D

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Brad, he weighs over 400 pounds. At your fattest, you really weren't that fat. There's a big difference.

Yeah, I wanted my g/f to lose HER fat ass. Using her belts did the trick...

JazzzLovr
01-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Screw that.

Lost 50 lbs...

You quit drinking??? :eek:

Geez, how long have I been away from ChiefsPlanet???

;)

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I wanted my g/f to lose HER fat ass. Using her belts did the trick...

Ouch. That's vicious. :D

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:15 PM

;)

Obviously the drinking and smoking part didn't last. :D

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:15 PM

;)

Relax, it was only for 6 months.

I'm much better now... :)

Frazod
01-17-2006, 11:16 PM

I think you need another trip to Colorado :evil:

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Ouch. That's vicious. :D

We don't argue much, but we do use intensive psychological warfare on each other...

Cochise
01-17-2006, 11:18 PM

;)

That's nothing. I heard Jazzz speak. :D

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:21 PM
That's nothing. I heard Jazzz speak. :D

That's it, you're out of the circle of trust...

JazzzLovr
01-17-2006, 11:24 PM

Whew... That's just not right. That's like Bob Dole shaving his eyebrows or Phil taking a vow of silence.

:p

Nzoner
01-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Good luck Tim,I congratulate you on the smoking I wished the hell I could do it.

Do count me in for losing 20 though,I'll start on Feb 6th the day after the Superbowl.

Taco John
01-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Been there, done that. Certainly keeps the weight off, but its a tad pricy. :D

It's called commitment Fraz. Sometimes you just can't put a price on commitment.

Rausch
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM
It's called commitment Fraz. Sometimes you just can't put a price on commitment.

The price for commitment is

HALF...

BIG K
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
The price for commitment is

HALF...

You beat me to it! :p

Simplex3
01-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Hell, I'm down to 267. Not bad considering I started at 320. My goal is to get to 210 which will be about 12% body fat. From there we'll see how much more I can lose.

I've never had to kick the smoking thing, thankfully. I'm with you on the food, though. I sit at a desk typing all day and it's just so damn easy to have something to snack on just to the left of the keyboard. I've replaced that with water. I drink upwards of a gallon a day and I probably piss 20x a day, but I feel a lot better.

I really, really need to get back to working out though. It's even more pathetic because I'm about 10ft. away from a full olympic freeweight gym with a cage, a treadmill, a rowing machine, cable TV for entertainment, etc. Instead I'm here, typing with you guys.

:shake:

BIG K
01-17-2006, 11:56 PM
A guy that I used to work with had that procedure done where they staple your stomach to make it smaller. He was 330 lbs at 6'2. He is now 210. He looks younger, taller and seems to be very happy. I guess he had to basically drink his food for the first three months after the operation though..

Kind of a dramatic way of dealing with extra pounds but, he recommends it to anyone unable to control their eating like he did..

Fat Elvis
01-18-2006, 12:03 AM
Lay off the diet soda and just go with good old H2O. The aspartame in diet soda actually makes you hungrier so you snack more. A study found that people who switched from regular soda to diet soda actually gained an average of 13 lbs.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Lay off the diet soda and just go with good old H2O. The aspartame in diet soda actually makes you hungrier so you snack more. A study found that people who switched from regular soda to diet soda actually gained an average of 13 lbs.

That explains a lot. I started eating more not long after the switch to diet soda

John Matrix
01-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Good luck with the diet man, I'd offer you advice, but I'm sure you'll get plenty.

Crickers all the way, baby!!

KCChiefsMan
01-18-2006, 03:08 AM
don't eat fast food

J Diddy
01-18-2006, 03:14 AM
You are a disgusting fatbody, they're paying for it you eat it.

Prince22
01-18-2006, 03:26 AM
I switched from Bud to Bud light. I noticed only a slight change so I went from Bud Light to Makers and Coke. I then noticed I lost a significant amount of weight. I figure if I go with Makers and water I can get back into my high school shape. But of course this includes me being passed out all day so I don't eat much. This is a diet thats fun to do, however I'm not sure of the long term side effects it might have. As of now I'm doing great. Woodford on the rocks also works wonders.

Anyong Bluth
01-18-2006, 06:36 AM
As one that has always yo-yo'd my weight, I know the struggle of keeping the winter weight off. I'm 6'2 and probably about 195, but when I'm I work out I am probably 175-180.

When I quit smoking a year and a 1/2 ago, I really noticed my hunger went up, especially for sweets- which totally sucked b/c I never had a sweet-tooth, even growing up.

I then started working out a lot more and that pretty much took care of the weight and bad eating habits, until I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes this past August.

Now, my energy level is a bit lower and my motivation is pretty shot. I just need to get into a routine of 2-3 times a week working out and I would be in great shape- but always seem too busy.

You might start letting your mind wander so you can get a Rx for ADD.

Hoover
01-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I lost 50 lbs 2 years ago and have kept if off.

I still need to drop 25 lbs, and I'm working on that now. I've noticed that I lose weight when I cut down on carbs and get serious on exercise. For the past two years I've watched what I ate, but wasn't crazy about it, and at least walked about 10 miles a week. It has ti be a lifestyle change

Lurch
01-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Good luck, man.

ROYC75
01-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Tim, I have been down, then up, now on the way back down again. I was doing well when I was working out, but the bad back and bad knee just wore out quicker. I'm at a point where I can't work out anymore. I went from 310 down to 278...... but since have climed to 290 after the banquet.

I have to change my habits of eating now, no other way. So I hit the Slim Fast plan last week, to early to tell any major results but down to 280 .

Good Luck.............

( Still fighting the same fight, I swear, it's a damn 12 round heavyweight bout.)

Count Alex's Losses
01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Roy, have you tried swimming?

Frazod
01-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Day 2. Boy, I really notice the difference not smoking makes. In the initial stages of starting to exercise last time, I got really winded really fast. When I finished on the treadmill, I felt like I was going to die, and couldn't fully catch my breathe for a long time.

Now, after doing a longer distance on the treadmill I'm a bit winded, but absolutely nothing like before.

There may be actually be a bit of truth to this healthy breathing rumor. :hmmm:

Crunches still hurt like a bitch on the second day, though. :cuss:

morphius
01-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Day 2. Boy, I really notice the difference not smoking makes. In the initial stages of starting to exercise last time, I got really winded really fast. When I finished on the treadmill, I felt like I was going to die, and couldn't fully catch my breathe for a long time.

Now, after doing a longer distance on the treadmill I'm a bit winded, but absolutely nothing like before.

There may be actually be a bit of truth to this healthy breathing rumor. :hmmm:

Are you doing crunches every day?

Good to hear about the treadmill, after the first 10 minutes it gets a lot easier for me.

Simplex3
01-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Don't go ape s**t exercising some of the smallest muscles in your body. Work the legs, back, chest, and arms. Getting some ab work is plenty.

morphius
01-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Don't go ape s**t exercising some of the smallest muscles in your body. Work the legs, back, chest, and arms. Getting some ab work is plenty.
...the more muscle you got the more calories your body burns even at rest.

Simplex3
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
...the more muscle you got the more calories your body burns even at rest.
Correct. However, you you have 30m a day to work out don't spend 20m of that on the Ab Lounge. Spend more of your time on bigger muscles.

Frazod
01-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm starting out doing treadmill and crunches every day. Yesterday I did a bit of upper body (presses and curls) - will continue that tomorrow.

My legs carry my fat mass around all the time - believe me, they're fine. :D I already walk to and from work downtown everyday anyway (nearly 2 mile roundtrip).

I found the crunches to be just about the most useful thing other than the treadmill last time (the aim here is to lose weight and inches around the waist, not turn into Schwarzenegger). Right now I'm only doing 10 at a time until I get used to them again, then I'll start ramping that up about 10 a week until I get back to doing at least 50 a day. Last time I overdid it on crunches and pulled something - that hurt like hell for days.

Right now, the most important thing for me is to get my metabolic rate up, so I'm keying on the treadmill.

morphius
01-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm starting out doing treadmill and crunches every day. Yesterday I did a bit of upper body (presses and curls) - will continue that tomorrow.

My legs carry my fat mass around all the time - believe me, they're fine. :D I already walk to and from work downtown everyday anyway (nearly 2 mile roundtrip).

I found the crunches to be just about the most useful thing other than the treadmill last time (the aim here is to lose weight and inches around the waist, not turn into Schwarzenegger). Right now I'm only doing 10 at a time until I get used to them again, then I'll start ramping that up about 10 a week until I get back to doing at least 50 a day. Last time I overdid it on crunches and pulled something - that hurt like hell for days.

Right now, the most important thing for me is to get my metabolic rate up, so I'm keying on the treadmill.
For me it wasn't till I combined lifting and running on the Elliptical that I started losing weight, for some reason one or the other didn't help that much. I actually did a bunch of different lifts without much rest, not great for building big muscles but it kept me losing weight.

joesomebody
01-18-2006, 10:41 PM
Circuit training might be good then. Work the abs with some crunches, then exercise group like push ups for a minute, next do some jumping jacks, etc etc... varying your routine, but don't stop, need to keep the heart rate up the whole time.

This works great if you listen to music and try to start out slow, maybe 12 minutes, and do that for a week or so.

Just increase your time at each station. After awhile add some wind sprints then do some curls to catch your breath a bit, then crunches.

grandllama
07-09-2006, 11:10 PM
I just now found the FBII thread... I was going to post on the original, but this fits just as good...

When Fraz posted the original I was with him... I weighed about 360 and was sick of it... I dieted for about four months and droped to 325...

Just like Fraz, two and 1/2 years later I had stabilized back at 342....

May 1, I went back on my bastardized Atkins...

This morning I weighed in at 295. I have went from Size 48 waist to Size 38 waist (a size I last wore in High School, Freshman year)

The biggest thing I have learned round two is that it is totally a matter of lifestyle / eating habit changes... I'm not really following Atkins now, I'm just eating way less, and getting exercise where I can grab it.

For example, yesterday, I had a Grilled Chicken Caeser from McD's... but that was it... 1/3 breakfast, 1/3 lunch, 1/3 dinner.

After two 1/2 months of doing this, that's what I expect to eat. I have no 'starving' pains, nothing out of the ordinary and I am still averaging 5lbs per week.

So it has worked out to what everybody said from the get go... burn more cals than you eat = lost weight.

At the Planet get together in Oct, nobody will recognize my skinny ass, I'll be wearing at least a 36 if not a 34 and plan to be down around 250 - 260.

BTW, I haven't given up drinking at all ;)