PDA

View Full Version : What is for luch today?

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 11:38 AM
I went with the personal-pan pizza. The deep-dish variety, garnished with julienne-strips of pepper and white onions, tasseled with Pepperoni, Italian-sausage (fennel-seed free) : ( and of course light-sauce. Rinsed it down with a chilled OJ Tropicana. 100% juice, "pulp-free"? Undoubtedly! As a carb infused side-item I savored a cream-cheese pretzel. Which was almost sweet. Seemed to be close to a desert in sweetness, but not quite, the in-between-ness kind of freaked out my taste-buds so as a result I felt it was necessary to squeeze out the cream-cheese creating a more realistic and common American style pretzel.

Death Nebula
01-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Chicken samich....

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow - quite detailed. You'll have to let us how it comes out later too.

I myself am skipping lunch in lieu of making homemade pizza tonight. I'll eat the house then.

FAX
01-18-2006, 11:43 AM
We're still trying to finish off that mustard and the miniature marshmellows we bought at Sams in 1997.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
01-18-2006, 11:46 AM
8AM Superfood
11AM ISO Pure Predigested Whey Protein shake.
2PM Fried Baby Spinach with garlic and parmesean cheese with white truffle oil.
4 PM Aritchoke

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Chicken samich....

NICE

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 11:52 AM
I myself am skipping lunch in lieu of making homemade pizza tonight. I'll eat the house then.

Scratch that - a coworker of mine brought me a corn muffin from Famous Daves.

But I am still making the zzza tonight.

sedated
01-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Normally I feed on the misery of my co-workers, but for today...

Marie Calendars pot-roast.

Those are the best frozen meals I've ever had, but you gotta search for the ones that don't have 45 grams of fat per meal

vailpass
01-18-2006, 12:00 PM
IN-N-Out Burger

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow - quite detailed. You'll have to let us how it comes out later too.

Thats great. Try this; I always use a kit you can buy at the Super-market. I think it is like Chef Boyardee. Don't laugh its good. Next I brown the hamburger in a very hot skillet. Pour in a dark amber beer. let reduce add a ton of Parmesian cheese. IMPORTANT: only cook the hamburger about 60% done. Use Ground Chuck for quality purposes. Next seed a green bell pepper. Slice it into thin slices. Put chees on after sauce. Next put all toppings OVER the cheese (Crucial) I always use the bell peppers, hamburger, Canadian-bacon sliced real thin. (preferably Boars Head) and lastly canned mushrooms drained for an eternity. Above the cheese is the best imo. Hopefully, this will help your task tonight. Not that you'd asked for my help. But oh well

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 12:10 PM
IN-N-Out Burger

Been there. Last year. Hollywood,Ca. Overhyped. IN and OUT doesn't touch Hi-Boy or Winsteads in KC. Trust me.

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Thats great. Try this; I always use a kit you can buy at the Super-market. I think it is like Chef Boyardee. Don't laugh its good. Next I brown the hamburger in a very hot skillet. Pour in a dark amber beer. let reduce add a ton of Parmesian cheese. IMPORTANT: only cook the hamburger about 60% done. Use Ground Chuck for quality purposes. Next seed a green bell pepper. Slice it into thin slices. Put chees on after sauce. Next put all toppings OVER the cheese (Crucial) I always use the bell peppers, hamburger, Canadian-bacon sliced real thin. (preferably Boars Head) and lastly canned mushrooms drained for an eternity. Above the cheese is the best imo. Hopefully, this will help your task tonight. Not that you'd asked for my help. But oh well

I normally use the Chef Boyardee kits, but am not really good at spreading the dough. Never have been, don't know why.

Nowadays they also make pre made crust that really isn't too bad. I think they call it Mama Mia's or something like that.

I will consider all the other tho! :toast:

I am thinking pep., saus., canadian bacon, mush..

vailpass
01-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Been there. Last year. Hollywood,Ca. Overhyped. IN and OUT doesn't touch Hi-Boy or Winsteads in KC. Trust me.

I trust your opinion implicitly.
However the margin of better-burgerness between the franchises cannot possibly be large enoough to justify my driving from Phoenix to KC for a hamburger.

jspchief
01-18-2006, 12:19 PM
I normally use the Chef Boyardee kits, but am not really good at spreading the dough. Never have been, don't know why.

Nowadays they also make pre made crust that really isn't too bad. I think they call it Mama Mia's or something like that.

I am thinking pep., saus., canadian bacon, mush..I use the Boboli pizza crusts when I want fast homemade pizza.

Matt Helm
01-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Spagetti and meatballs somthered with mozzarella.

Tonight: Fajita's and beer.

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Scratch that - a coworker of mine brought me a corn muffin from Famous Daves.

But I am still making the zzza tonight.

Ok - scratch that now. I just had a couple of handfuls of carmel popcorn.

Yes, I have no willpower.

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:22 PM
I use the Boboli pizza crusts when I want fast homemade pizza.

Is it thick crust? I'm not fond of thick crust.

Count Zarth
01-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I dunno about lunch, but tonight I'm ordering from a new pizza place I found.

http://www.rigiaspizzaonline.com/

Look at the giant texas pizza!

http://www.rigiaspizzaonline.com/30inchb.jpg

jspchief
01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Is it thick crust? I'm not fond of thick crust.They make a thin one, but it's probably still a little thicker than convetional thin crust. I don't like pan/thick crust at all, but this stuff is pretty good.

You just smear on the sauce, add ingredients, and 13 minutes later you have a pretty damn good pizza.

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 12:25 PM

I am thinking pep., saus., canadian bacon, mush..

As far as the dough is concerned. Buy a bottle of PAM-spray. Use real-warm water when mixing up. Always us the pam on hands or dough itself while flating out the dough therefore no dough will stick to your hands. Takes patience. Sometimes its like the dough has a contracting muscle. You just have to work it to the sided of the pan. Dont forget the Pam. Its vital!

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:26 PM
They make a thin one, but it's probably still a little thicker than convetional thin crust. I don't like pan/thick crust at all, but this stuff is pretty good.

You just smear on the sauce, add ingredients, and 13 minutes later you have a pretty damn good pizza.

cool - thanks for the tip.

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
As far as the dough is concerned. Buy a bottle of PAM-spray. Use real-warm water when mixing up. Always us the pam on hands or dough itself while flating out the dough therefore no dough will stick to your hands. Takes patience. Sometimes its like the dough has a contracting muscle. You just have to work it to the sided of the pan. Dont forget the Pam. Its vital!

yes, I have used Pam, flour, just about everything, but just can't get the knack of spreading the damn thing.

Then again, I'm not Italian.

sedated
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I use the Boboli pizza crusts when I want fast homemade pizza.

those are damn good, but, after buying the crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings, it always seems about the same $$ as buying a delivery pizza

Jim Jones
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Chicken Ceaser Salad and water

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 12:37 PM
yes, I have used Pam, flour, just about everything, but just can't get the knack of spreading the damn thing.

Then again, I'm not Italian.

Follow box instructions and mine, and you'll have no problem.

Anyhow, patience with the crust.

Good luck,

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
those are damn good, but, after buying the crust, sauce, cheese, and toppings, it always seems about the same $$ as buying a delivery pizza

you're right, but you load them up so they are better, IMO anyway.

ptlyon
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Anyhow, patience with the crust.
Good luck.

I am pretty sure that is the problem!

Thanks! :thumb:

kepp
01-18-2006, 12:42 PM
IN-N-Out Burger
Ah...I miss In-N-Out. I moved from L.A. a year-and-a-half ago. Another good one I miss is Tommy Burger.
I've never been to Hi-Boy, but Winsteads is SORRY compared to In-N-Out.

luv
01-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Schlotzkey's

sedated
01-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Ah...I miss In-N-Out. I moved from L.A. a year-and-a-half ago. Another good one I miss is Tommy Burger.

I've never been to Hi-Boy, but Winsteads is SORRY compared to In-N-Out.

Westport Flea Market. :drool:

too bad they are closing it to open a Hooters

joesomebody
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I had a fried fish sandwhich with cheese, onion rings, and a corn dog...

Two dollars and 25 cents at the chow hall.

Yup, it was health food day.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm about to have an Arby's roast beef sandwich, with a cheerios cereal bar on the side...and some water...

kepp
01-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Westport Flea Market. :drool:

too bad they are closing it to open a Hooters
That's where Hi-Boy is? I may have to try it out...soon, I guess.

Simply Red
01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
That's where Hi-Boy is? I may have to try it out...soon, I guess.

Don't get too excited it isn't the nicest place in the world. Just great burgers in my opinion.