01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
The Al Saunders era is over.

chiefsfaninNC
01-18-2006, 05:03 PM
AS will be back in KC next year.

Mecca
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
AS will be back in KC next year.

He still has to get by the Raiders.........

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:05 PM
The Al Saunders era is over.

I ment the Al Saunders' era in DETROIT. ****ING ATHAN, FRAUD.

chiefsfaninNC
01-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Even the brits hate Al Davis. He will be back

tk13
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
He still has to get by the Raiders.........
And even then, I think there's still a chance he could take the Texans or Lions OC job. If I'm Millen and Marinelli, I'd definitely consider it.

Skip Towne
01-18-2006, 05:07 PM
This was posted weeks ago at that premium site.

nascher
01-18-2006, 05:13 PM
And even then, I think there's still a chance he could take the Texans or Lions OC job. If I'm Millen and Marinelli, I'd definitely consider it.
don't think so

Texans with Kubiak don't need another very high priced OC. Kubiak will call the shots on offense.

tk13
01-18-2006, 05:14 PM
don't think so

Texans with Kubiak don't need another very high priced OC. Kubiak will call the shots on offense.
I don't think so either, but that was what was being reported in the bay area papers today. Said the Raiders favored Saunders but risked losing him to the Rams or Texans.

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't think so either, but that was what was being reported in the bay area papers today. Said the Raiders favored Saunders but risked losing him to the Rams or Texans.

I don't think Saunders is a legit chance to leave KC, his home, for Houston to be underminded by an offensive head coach. I think the Raiders are going to end up making the worst hire possible, probably Tom Flores.

Mecca
01-18-2006, 05:17 PM

We'll see if the Raiders are willing to pay for him. They've been notoriously cheap with head coaches over the years.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2006, 05:18 PM
I think this is pretty telling.

Marinelli is roughly the same age as Saunders and has never been a HC.

Saunders must be a terrible interviewer for jobs because Marinelli isn't as qualified as he is.

tk13
01-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't think Saunders is a legit chance to leave KC, his home, for Houston to be underminded by an offensive head coach. I think the Raiders are going to end up making the worst hire possible, probably Tom Flores.
Yeah, that's why I threw the Lions in there. If he didn't want to come back he could go there and have a bunch of pieces to work with and be the top offensive guy.

Mecca
01-18-2006, 05:20 PM

Saunders must be a terrible interviewer for jobs because Marinelli isn't as qualified as he is.

The league is favoring defensive coaches over offensive coaches right now, it's the trend.

tk13
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM

Well really he's the first older guy to get hired this year. And Millen supposedly wanted a gruff lineman-type guy anyway. His top candidate all along was supposed to be Russ Grimm. I don't think Saunders was the type of guy he wanted.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2006, 05:23 PM
The league is favoring defensive coaches over offensive coaches right now, it's the trend.

I don't know about that.

Payton, McCarthy, Kubiak, Lenehan are all offensive guys.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Well really he's the first older guy to get hired this year. And Millen supposedly wanted a gruff lineman-type guy anyway. His top candidate all along was supposed to be Russ Grimm. I don't think Saunders was the type of guy he wanted.

I know it's Matt Millen and he is the dumbest GM alive.

But, why wouldn't he want a great offensive mind to develop all the young talent he has on offense?

It would seem logical.

Mecca
01-18-2006, 05:26 PM
I don't know about that.

Payton, McCarthy, Kubiak, Lenehan are all offensive guys.

The Rams are the only one of those teams that I think is choosing an offensive coach.

The Saints were up the shitter and had to take who they could get. McCarty got hired for Favre and nothing else, it's a bad choice and a bad hire but that's their business. Kubiak is getting that Texans job because he's buddies with Dan Reeves..........

Frankie
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Even the brits hate Al Davis. He will be backWhat makes you think if AS doesn't get a HC gig he's a shoe-in to return to KC? If he's pissed enough at Carl he'll probably take the Donks OC job after Kubiak is gone to Houston.
:banghead:

Frankie
01-18-2006, 05:39 PM
don't think so

Did he call the shots in Denver? :shrug:

doomy3
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
What makes you think if AS doesn't get a HC gig he's a shoe-in to return to KC? If he's pissed enough at Carl he'll probably take the Donks OC job after Kubiak is gone to Houston.

Oh man, that would not be good...

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
What makes you think if AS doesn't get a HC gig he's a shoe-in to return to KC? If he's pissed enough at Carl he'll probably take the Donks OC job after Kubiak is gone to Houston.

So the Donks are going to scrap the West Coast offense? This is a silly rumor.

Frankie
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
:grovel: AL PLEASE COME BACK!

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Al Saunders was a Wide Out coach for 12 years before DV gave him a shot at OC, I think that Solari is the guy.

chiefsfaninNC
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

Why should he be pissed and hold a grudge? Everywhere he interviews he is turned down. I hope Carl talks him into another season. His best shot at HC next year would be to return to the Chiefs and and field another top rated offense. If he goes somewhere else as OC he will be building an offense and runs the risk of his stock dropping if his offense is middle of the road.

Frankie
01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
Why should he be pissed and hold a grudge? Everywhere he interviews he is turned down. I hope Carl talks him into another season. His best shot at HC next year would be to return to the Chiefs and and field another top rated offense. If he goes somewhere else as OC he will be building an offense and runs the risk of his stock dropping if his offense is middle of the road.
I can't disagree with this point. Well thought. I think the best scenario for us would be if both AS and Solari came back to their old positions with the understanding that Solari will be promoted next year if Al gets a HC job.

philfree
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM

According to the article in the Star Al is still keeping his office at 1 Arrowhead Drive. If he was set on leaving wether he gets an HC job or not I don't see why he'd do that. If he was pissed and never coming back no matter what one would think he'd have cleared out his office in a huff and been Gone Long Gone.

PhilFree:arrow:

tk13
01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
I know it's Matt Millen and he is the dumbest GM alive.

But, why wouldn't he want a great offensive mind to develop all the young talent he has on offense?

It would seem logical.
I really don't know. Well, from what I read Millen was pretty fed up with how Mariucci ran things, he wants someone who can spit fire and brimstone, a Matt Millen type of guy. If I were him I'd still see if I could get Al to be the OC, but who knows.