PDA

View Full Version : Athan speculates Edwards might not want Saunders

FringeNC
01-18-2006, 05:35 PM
http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8373.topic

Ok.. Let's clear the decks...

Al Saunders and Al Davis have a very good relationship spanning decades. He turned Davis down two years ago and likely WON'T do that again..

Saunders has NO problems working for Davis. He will get along just fine with Davis in fact, they already have a mutual respect for one another.

If Saunders was the guy Edwards wanted, then he'd say it by now. He has to put the rest of his staff together and I bet before he took the job he knew that Gun would stay and that Solari might be a better fit to run the offense. If not then why did it take so long for Saunders and Edwards to finally have a sit down. There were plenty of times each were at Arrowhead but didn't even say hello.

Solari has history with Edwards and that gives him the nod. He's not going to be groomed for when Saunders is leaving. He's already gone in the eyes of some at Arrowhead.

As far as Detroit, Matt Millen asked the Chiefs before the season ended to talk with Saunders, he did that and told numerous people that he was the #1 guy but the Ford family wanted Millen to speak with more candidates. Which he did. Now they hire Marinelli who is the least desirable candidate on the market because he did not want to wait for Russ Grimm and he felt the Raiders were about to make him an offer. He is not HC material. There is a reason he's been a postion coach for ten years.

Saunders is and that's why he'll likely end up in Oakland. However we stand by the report of the initial news on Detroit and the Saunders interest. Again, we verified some of the news that SOMEONE else broke. WE NEVER said it would happen...

I have talked to Al Saunders about the coaching situation when the news broke about the Lions and we reported what he said...

As far as Arrowhead... The Chiefs are standing guard and NO reporters are allowed to filter through the building. If we need something we can just call Al Saunders...

I agree that by Friday we'll know his fate...

Nelson Muntz
01-18-2006, 05:37 PM
http://mb27.scout.com/fchiefsinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=8373.topic

Ok.. Let's clear the decks...

Al Saunders and Al Davis have a very good relationship spanning decades. He turned Davis down two years ago and likely WON'T do that again..

Saunders has NO problems working for Davis. He will get along just fine with Davis in fact, they already have a mutual respect for one another.

If Saunders was the guy Edwards wanted, then he'd say it by now. He has to put the rest of his staff together and I bet before he took the job he knew that Gun would stay and that Solari might be a better fit to run the offense. If not then why did it take so long for Saunders and Edwards to finally have a sit down. There were plenty of times each were at Arrowhead but didn't even say hello.

Solari has history with Edwards and that gives him the nod. He's not going to be groomed for when Saunders is leaving. He's already gone in the eyes of some at Arrowhead.

As far as Detroit, Matt Millen asked the Chiefs before the season ended to talk with Saunders, he did that and told numerous people that he was the #1 guy but the Ford family wanted Millen to speak with more candidates. Which he did. Now they hire Marinelli who is the least desirable candidate on the market because he did not want to wait for Russ Grimm and he felt the Raiders were about to make him an offer. He is not HC material. There is a reason he's been a postion coach for ten years.

Saunders is and that's why he'll likely end up in Oakland. However we stand by the report of the initial news on Detroit and the Saunders interest. Again, we verified some of the news that SOMEONE else broke. WE NEVER said it would happen...

I have talked to Al Saunders about the coaching situation when the news broke about the Lions and we reported what he said...

As far as Arrowhead... The Chiefs are standing guard and NO reporters are allowed to filter through the building. If we need something we can just call Al Saunders...

I agree that by Friday we'll know his fate...

So I guess the chances of Saunders staying just increased tremendously?

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:40 PM
You forgot this part:

"Also, there are STRONG indications that unicorns are controlling the tides from deep in Arrowhead. "

Ultra Peanut
Saunders may or may not be with the Chiefs for the 2006 season.

Film at 11.

nychief
I ****ing hate this guy.

chiefsfaninNC
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
So I guess the chances of Saunders staying just increased tremendously?

I hope so. I keep saying it every chance I get in the hope that it will make it come true.

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Saunders is the head coach of the Lions. Nick Athan said so. I don't care if Nick Athan says the exact opposite. Nick Athan is always right. Nick Athan should shut up and let Nick Athan do his job. Nick Athan has earned Nick Athan's respect.

Logical
01-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I really wonder how Phil can stand working with him, is he ever right, I suppose the blind hog theory has to work once in a while. If he actually makes money at this gig he is stealing.

Sure-Oz
01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Again, we verified some of the news that SOMEONE else broke. WE NEVER said it would happen...

Nick Athan is throwing Nick Athan under the bus. I don't blame him.

nychief
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
what a joke.

Logical
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Which he did. Now they hire Marinelli who is the least desirable candidate on the market because he did not want to wait for Russ Grimm and he felt the Raiders were about to make him an offer. He is not HC material. There is a reason he's been a postion coach for ten years.

ROFL

How ignorant is this, does Athan live in a gopher hole. How can he not know that Tampa has been refusing Marinelli the chance to interview with other teams for OC jobs.

ChiefsCountry
01-18-2006, 05:50 PM
So Saunders is coming back as OC. Great news.

the Talking Can
"I have talked to Al Saunders about the coaching situation when the news broke about the Lions and we reported what he said..."

are my eyes bleeding or is there a problem with verb tenses here?

or should I say: "...were me eyes bleeding or have there was a problem with verb tenses there?"

The Bad Guy
It makes me sick that this clown considers himself a writer.

He's a douchebag, speculator that tries to make his BULLSHIT opinion facts.

I've said this numerous times on this board, but the best Athan story is when he tried to convince me that Corey Dillon was signing with the Chiefs on the first day of free agency back in 2001. He said it was a done deal.

I almost pissed my pants in hysterics.

It's nice to know that you've never changed Nick. Keep spinning the bullshit.

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
ROFL

How ignorant is this, does Athan live in a gopher hole. How can he not know that Tampa has been refusing Marinelli the chance to interview with other teams for OC jobs.

you actually made sense of that?

I'm still trying to figure out who "he" is in that sentence...

Cochise
01-18-2006, 05:51 PM
ROFL

<3 Athan dogpile threads

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 05:53 PM
can a mod rename this thread "Athan date rapes the English language?"

Skip Towne
01-18-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm suspending my premium membership until the Chiefs take Nick back into their confidence.

The Bad Guy
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
You would think that Nick would actually proofread his stuff now that he's drawn the ire of about every Chiefs board in the land.

But, he just keeps giving us ammo and then he'll come on here to defend himself for butchering facts and the english language.

Count Zarth
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
You would think that Nick would actually proofread his stuff now that he's drawn the ire of about every Chiefs board in the land.

This isn't an article. It's a post on a forum.

But don't let that stop you from piling on like rabid dogs!

FringeNC
01-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Athan gets himself into trouble with phrases like this:

Again, we verified some of the news that SOMEONE else broke. WE NEVER said it would happen...

We does it mean to verify some of the news that someone else broke? Does it mean that you are verifying the fact that the news broke, or does it mean that you are verifying the news itself? If it's the former, it's meaningless. If it's the latter, well, then, admit it, and don't try to throw someone else under the bus...

If true, there is indeed one piece of information in this article: Edwards and Saunders did not speak to each other until yesterday or whenever. That would indeed suggest something...Athan just has no feel on how to write about the inside information he may have.

Ultra Peanut
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey, Nick:

Mr. Laz

heh ... knew either Nick jr. or Nick the 3rd would show up in defense eventually.

the Talking Can

"are you" or "were you" getting tea bagged....prior to typing that?

sedated
01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mr. Laz
01-18-2006, 06:01 PM
i clicked on the link ........

i feel so dirrrrty now

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Athan gets himself into trouble with phrases like this:

We does it mean to verify some of the news that someone else broke? Does it mean that you are verifying the fact that the news broke, or does it mean that you are verifying the news itself? If it's the former, it's meaningless. If it's the latter, well, then, admit it, and don't try to throw someone else under the bus...

If true, there is indeed one piece of information in this article: Edwards and Saunders did not speak to each other until yesterday or whenever. That would indeed suggest something...Athan just has no feel on how to write about the inside information he may have.

fyi, Edwards and AS not talking has been mentioned several times on 610 in the last couple of days...not exactly a scoop...

Cochise
01-18-2006, 06:03 PM

So how much does being his fluffer over here pay?

nychief
01-18-2006, 06:04 PM

the man is a butcher, and you are a loser.

Cochise
01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
We does it mean to verify some of the news that someone else broke?

(v) verify (confirm the truth of) "Please verify that the doors are closed"; "verify a claim"

If someone else broke some news, then he 'verified' it, checked it out, found that it was true, then reported it, you can't back off it. You signed your name to it. It's the same burden as if you reported it yourself.

Count Zarth
01-18-2006, 06:06 PM
the man is a butcher, and you are a loser.

It's a post on a forum.

Where are the threads piling on stupid posts on this forum?

FringeNC
01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
(v) verify (confirm the truth of) "Please verify that the doors are closed"; "verify a claim"

If someone else broke some news, then he 'verified' it, checked it out, found that it was true, then reported it, you can't back off it. You signed your name to it. It's the same burden as if you reported it yourself.

Right. That's the only way it means anything. So he essentially contradicted himself in his next sentence.

the Talking Can
01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
It's a post on a forum.

we make fun of you plenty...

milkman
01-18-2006, 06:57 PM
So Saunders is coming back as OC. Great news.

No, that's not the case at all.

Athan said that Hermie doesn't really want Al as OC, which means that Hermie prays every night that Al will return.

tk13
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I make fun of the guy but I don't like to dogpile him really.... But to say Marinelli isn't qualified or isn't a desirable candidate is a total and absolute joke. I would've been estatic at landing him. Tampa had to beat people off with a stick to keep him from getting a DC job. He's been Monte Kiffin's right hand man on maybe one of the most consistent defenses in NFL history the last 10 years. Everybody involved with Kiffin has had NFL success... from Dungy to Herm to Lovie Smith. The only reason he wasn't promoted was because Tampa refused to let him go. I'm not sure he wasn't the most qualified candidate out there to begin with on the defensive side.

He shouldn't even be saying stuff like this though, it's obvious he's trying to cover his ass. He's only compounding mistakes and making himself look less knowledgable about the sport he's trying to cover.

jspchief
01-18-2006, 07:33 PM
It's a post on a forum.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133992

Extra Point
01-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey, Nick:
:clap: ROFL

Really real!!!

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
So, given his track record, if Nick says that Herm doesn't want Saunders, does that mean Herm does want him?

Logical
01-18-2006, 08:07 PM
It's a post on a forum.

Where are the threads piling on stupid posts on this forum?You must be joking. Check almost any thread written by Gunther_Fan and that is just for football related piling on. How about any of the Roy's Scanlon posts/threads. I suppose no one has piled on you about the Germ Warfare. No one ever piles on a Planet poster for stupid threads/posts.ROFL

siberian khatru
01-18-2006, 08:10 PM
He shouldn't even be saying stuff like this though, it's obvious he's trying to cover his ass. He's only compounding mistakes and making himself look less knowledgable about the sport he's trying to cover.

Zactly.

Donger
01-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Is Athan chiefs58DT? If not, why the title?

FringeNC
01-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Is Athan chiefs58DT? If not, why the title?

He's ChiefsInsider. Scroll Down. There is no way to direct link to a particular post.

Skip Towne
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM
So, given his track record, if Nick says that Herm doesn't want Saunders, does that mean Herm does want him?
No, if it were that way he would be a useful journalist. Just go the opposite of him and be right. But his "all over the board" inconsistency renders him totally useless.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
No, if it were that way he would be a useful journalist. Just go the opposite of him and be right. But his "all over the board" inconsistency renders him totally useless.

Hey Skip, since I'm not in kansas anymore I don't always hear, how's KU doing right now?

Pants
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Off Topic

Cocheese, why does your avatar text say "Forbidden"?

Cochise
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Off Topic

Cocheese, why does your avatar text say "Forbidden"?

I was trying to write "Banned" and that was the closest thing I can find. Maybe "Запретить"?

Do you know of a more appropriate rendering? I am interested in the language but my knowledge is rudimentary at best.

Logical
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey Skip, since I'm not in kansas anymore I don't always here, how's KU doing right now?

Hahahaha, Skip will love this one.

PastorMikH
01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Hahahaha, Skip will love this one.

:shrug:

I don't know, he's been avoiding them all week.

Pants
01-18-2006, 09:04 PM
I was trying to write "Banned" and that was the closest thing I can find. Maybe "Запретить"?

Do you know of a more appropriate rendering? I am interested in the language but my knowledge is rudimentary at best.
Ohh, that makes sense too. I just thought it had to do something with the dude in your avatar and was wondering what the story was. I cant think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll send you a smoke. Don't use "Запретить" since that's just the infinitive form, i.e. "to forbid".

Ari Chi3fs
01-18-2006, 09:05 PM
better quit talkin about Nick Athan, or we will get banned, especially that Nick Athan username guy.

Skip Towne
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
:shrug:

I don't know, he's been avoiding them all week.
I've been out of town this week. But yes, KU has fallen all the way down to the MUrons level. But we will return to our previous lofty height while you will stay down there where you have always been. Is this what you've been missing me say?

Cochise
01-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Ohh, that makes sense too. I just thought it had to do something with the dude in your avatar and was wondering what the story was. I cant think of anything right now, but if I do, I'll send you a smoke. Don't use "Запретить" since that's just the infinitive form, i.e. "to forbid".

What would be the imperfect? I guess that's what I need.