PDA

View Full Version : Axl Rose SPEAKS!

Jim Jones
01-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Axl Rose Breaks His Silence
Gn'R mastermind talks "Democracy" at L.A. party
"People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5033/7042086bromle114200691529am3fa.jpg
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/8456/7042297bromle114200691438am8ms.jpg

He needs to lose the braids, ASAP.

4th and Long
01-18-2006, 09:03 PM
aye-yi-aye-yi-aye-yi-aye-yi ... where do we go now?

morphius
01-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I have to wonder if he has been working on the music for Duke Nukem Forever, figure both the next GnR CD and it will come out about the same time.

Fox River
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I will buy this CD. I will not see them live. I can not wait.

nychief
01-18-2006, 09:15 PM
has he just taken a bong load before the final photo?

Fox River
01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
He looks like shit.

Brock
01-18-2006, 09:18 PM
15 years ago says hello.

KC Jones
01-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Axl Rose?

He sounds familiar, was he one of the guys married to Pamela Anderson or something?

:D

Ebolapox
01-18-2006, 09:36 PM
eh, I guess I'll file this in my 'don't give a sh*t' file... axl's been irrelevent for the last, oh, since I was ten years old

-EB-

Fox River
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah, TechNine is the most relevent thing on the planet.

chappy
01-18-2006, 09:41 PM
damn it i wish he would hurry up with this album i want to hear it anyone know if there are leaks on the internet?

Immaculate
01-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Who?

Ebolapox
01-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, TechNine is the most relevent thing on the planet.

ROFL

someone get their feelings hurt by the axl bashing?? I never claimed tech n9ne was relevent--but the guy's selling records he's recorded/made within the last few years--axl can't claim that--as a matter of fact, axl can't claim to be relevent at all--the way he f*cked over the rest of the members of 'guns and roses' turned a lot of people off--he's the epitome of a pathetic human being--

that said, if you choose to be a fan of his, more power to ya--but relevant he ain't

-EB-

Ari Chi3fs
01-18-2006, 09:54 PM
I think I remember this guy... was he in a band?

Bald but Beautiful
01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Being a huge music listener in my mid 30's who listened to G N' R back in the day, sure I am interested, but how good can this be when he acknowledges that some material is not typical stuff? Some of the stuff off the Use Your Illusion albums was out there, but good, but with Slash bringing up the rear, it worked. There is no Slash on Chinese Democracy, so it will sound very very different, especially that Axl's voice has changed since the good ole days. I agree, Axl Rose is not a revelant artist since he decided to unceremoniously boot Slash out of the band. When he did that, he lost his musical partner, his Mick to Slash's Keef. Nonetheless, I still would like to hear some of this, even though I just said what I said.

Braincase
01-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Dude looks like Greg Allman and Bo Derek's Love Child.

Ari Chi3fs
01-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I went to GnR Metallica Body Count at Arrowhead in 1992... I saw SOOOO many sets of titties on the jumbotron. It was awesome.

Fox River
01-18-2006, 10:34 PM
It is too bad that Ebola had to go to bed and get up early for school. Junior High sucks.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2006, 10:43 PM
White guys shouldnt wear Dreads....

Rausch
01-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Dude looks like Greg Allman and Bo Derek's Love Child.
ROFL

Direct hit!

And it isn't GnR if only one mother****er from the original band is in it...

Mecca
01-18-2006, 11:27 PM
I'll buy any album he put's out just because Guns N Roses remains one of my all time favorite bands.

On a side note, he looks like Patrick Swayze from Point Break........I wonder where Johnny Utah is.

Tribal Warfare
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Axl Rose?

He sounds familiar, was he one of the guys married to Pamela Anderson or something?

:D

I think he's the guy who got his ass kicked by Stephanie Seymoure

melbar
01-18-2006, 11:57 PM
if Slash isnt involved it isnt GNR. :shake:

Ebolapox
01-19-2006, 12:19 AM
It is too bad that Ebola had to go to bed and get up early for school. Junior High sucks.

heh heh--age smaque--weak to say the least

so will you admit to having a mullett or driving a camero??

and I'm in college--so your weak sh*t won't fly here

but have a nice day in trailorland, bozo

-EB-...heard better smaque from bronco fans

Halfcan
01-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Lol nice one!

Tech nine is even relevant in his home city. Didn't he get shot on I70-or was that some other thug wanna be?

Ebolapox
01-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Lol nice one!

Tech nine is even relevant in his home city. Didn't he get shot on I70-or was that some other thug wanna be?

heh heh

the tards join forces

man, where is deberg1990 when ya need him?? we could have a three stooges of dumbassery

-EB-

Halfcan
01-19-2006, 12:34 AM
if Slash isnt involved it isnt GNR. :shake:

Duff, Izzy, Slash-that is GNR. Izzy is a great rythm guitarist. His broken chord melodies are a nice back drop to Slash's solo's.

Axl is a ****ing dick and I will never buy anything he sings on!

We used to jam on a bootleg CD in college called Live like a Suicide-by GnR. Years before they hit it big. One day this video came on (Welcome to the Jungle) and my friend said-"Isn't that the LA band you like?"

I was like-Holy Shit they got signed by Geffin. Cool Vid. Next thing I know they were everywhere. The were just incredible in the bar days-success ruined them-especially that dick Axl.

Slash is still the man.

Halfcan
01-19-2006, 12:47 AM
No, I will give Tech his props-he produced his record in his basement and worked his azz off selling it. That is pretty hard to do. It's the hating white folks that dooms him from mega success.

Ebola-what dooms you, is your non-funny, always hating on somone, post. You are a virus!

Do you really think your opinion matters to anyone? All you do is call names and usual don't add anything funny or of substance. So being called a dumbass from you for the 100th time is about as relevant as Tech 9 is in the music business.

KcMizzou
01-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Duff, Izzy, Slash-that is GNR. Izzy is a great rythm guitarist. His broken chord melodies are a nice back drop to Slash's solo's.

Axl is a ****ing dick and I will never buy anything he sings on!I agree with most of that. Yeah, Axl's a dick. I guess I think of him as a little bit crazy.

It's sad, because they were a great rock band. And say what you will about Axl, he had a distinct sound. Great voice.

KcMizzou
01-19-2006, 05:00 AM
No, I will give Tech his props-he produced his record in his basement and worked his azz off selling it. That is pretty hard to do. It's the hating white folks that dooms him from mega success.
Yeah... that's just ****ing stupid. You have no idea what you're talking about.

the Talking Can
01-19-2006, 06:55 AM
no one gives a **** about axtel ross....

chagrin
01-19-2006, 07:47 AM
If a scrawny white guy from Indiana with cornrows records an album, does anyone hear it?

MOhillbilly
01-19-2006, 08:12 AM
I went to GnR Metallica Body Count at Arrowhead in 1992... I saw SOOOO many sets of titties on the jumbotron. It was awesome.

Id rather see Body Count anyday than GNR.

dtebbe
01-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Even Beavis can kick his ass....

DT

Duck Dog
01-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Scott Weiland owns Axel Rose. GNR would have been a great band if they had a lead singer that didn't make me cring.