PDA

View Full Version : Herman Edwards is EXACTLY what the Chiefs need!

redhed
01-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Okay, so we're done with the hugs and kisses lovefest that came with the Vermeil "era". Now the Chiefs get the whip and the hammer in Edwards and Gunther. I think DV held back Gun, or Gun was somewhat muted in his approach. Maybe now this team will actually win a playoff game.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I think you'll find Herm is more hugs and kisses than you think.

phxchief
01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
If he can do what LJ alluded to and motivate the young defensive players to step up to the plate and perform (which must entail the coaches actually allowing them to go out and play), i'll be very happy.

foxman
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM

I think you are 100% right and that's one of my beefs with Herm. I don't think we have a kick em in the ass coach with Herm and that's what I was hoping for.

Oh well, I said my peace yesterday and don't feel like rehashing it right now. :cuss: :banghead: :deevee: :mad: STFU :( :harumph:

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:09 AM

Not only that, but I think you'll find that Gunther's problems were more Gunther and less Vermeil.

KCChiefsFan88
01-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Okay, so we're done with hugs and kisses lovefest that came with the Vermeil "era". Now the Chiefs get the whip and the hammer in Edwards and Gunther. I think DV held back Gun, or Gun was somewhat muted in his approach. Maybe now this team will actually win a playoff game.

WRONGGGGGGGGGG.

Herm is just as touchy-feely as Vermeil. He's a "players coach" and discipline was an issue during his time with the Jets.

As for Vermeil holding Gunther back, there is nothing to hold back... Gunther is a fraud, an overrated defensive coach. As Vermeil "holding back" Gunther during Gunther's 2 seasons as HC of the Chiefs when the Chiefs' defense started taking a serious nose dive?

Get your head out of Gunther's ass and try a dose of reality

ChiefsfaninPA
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't think we have a kick em in the ass coach with Herm and that's what I was hoping for.

I believe that Gun was supposed to be a kick them in the arse coach and look how far that got to us. As long as the players buy into him and his schemes they will step up and play better and I believe that the players are really excited about him being here.

MOhillbilly
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
ROFL:mad:

redhed
01-19-2006, 09:25 AM
As for Vermeil holding Gunther back, there is nothing to hold back... Gunther is a fraud, an overrated defensive coach. As Vermeil "holding back" Gunther during Gunther's 2 seasons as HC of the Chiefs when the Chiefs' defense started taking a serious nose dive?

WTH?!? Vermeil wasn't here when Gun was HC. The D took a dive when the talent level dropped. Try to put together a solid thought before posting.

I guess I'm out of the Herm loop. From all the pressers I've seen, it looks like Edwards chews iron bars and spits out nails.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM
This thread got funny fast.

greg63
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Herman Edwards is EXACTLY what the Chiefs need!

Obviously this remains to be seen, but it will be interesting regardless of the outcome.

-Captain Obvious

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:34 AM
The D took a dive when the talent level dropped.

Gunther just HAD to have Sylvester Morris.

redhed
01-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Gunther just HAD to have Sylvester Morris.

He might've been a playa had he not gotten hurt.

foxman
01-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Well my hope is that in year 3 with even more of "his" guys that Gunther can continue to improve the defense. I do think it improved last year....but then again so did our talent at least suposedly. We shall see.

LesterLyles
01-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Herm is very touchy feely and yes discipline was an issue. That being said, the players will go through a wall for Herm (most anyway) but discipline is certainly an issue. J Abe had some issues and it sounds like LJ may as well.

One HUGE fault about Herm is that he is very loyal to vets. That doesn't sound so bad but when a vet is not playing as well, herm will never bench him or light a fire. He will pat him on the butt and give him a hug. That drove us crazy!

Still, like I said yesterday he has positives as well so I think he will have KC very competitive.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Well my hope is that in year 3 with even more of "his" guys that Gunther can continue to improve the defense. I do think it improved last year....but then again so did our talent at least suposedly. We shall see.

How much player turnover do we have to have in order for him to be successful?

I mean, Gunther personally wanted Kendrell Bell and now everybody is using Kendrell's lack of performance as an excuse for why Gunther failed AGAIN.

When does Teflon Coach START taking some blame for this mess?

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Herm is very touchy feely and yes discipline was an issue. That being said, the players will go through a wall for Herm (most anyway) but discipline is certainly an issue. J Abe had some issues and it sounds like LJ may as well.

One HUGE fault about Herm is that he is very loyal to vets. That doesn't sound so bad but when a vet is not playing as well, herm will never bench him or light a fire. He will pat him on the butt and give him a hug. That drove us crazy!

Still, like I said yesterday he has positives as well so I think he will have KC very competitive.

Sounds just like Vermeil.

At least Herm was hugging John Abraham and Ty Law.

Vermeil was hugging Dexter McCleon and Eric Hicks.

foxman
01-19-2006, 09:51 AM
When does Teflon Coach START taking some blame for this mess?

This is the year IMO. I think you give a coordinator 3 years to get er done. Now IMO if the team likes the direction even if it hasnt arrived then I think you continue down that path with that personnel. I do also agree how much more change is there, we don't really know but we do know there will be some new faces, there almost always is a few and Gunther will likely have some say so in the matter.

Gaz
01-19-2006, 09:51 AM
I agree.

We should blame Gunther for Bellís injury.

It is only right.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants to be fair.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
I agree.

It is only right.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants to be fair.

Come on, Gaz. That's weak.

Gunther openly campaigned for the signing of Bell.

If a an injury that Bell had PRIOR to coming to KC was the reason he was ineffective, Gunther ABSOLUTELY deserves blame.

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I agree.

It is only right.

xoxo~
Gaz
Wants to be fair.

When did the injury occur? Before or after Carl/Gun signed Bell? Is Bell even injured?

Gaz
01-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Yah, Gunther cleared Bell to play.

Screw those stinkiní medical guys.

xoxo~
Gaz
Jumping on the Gunther-hater wagon with both feet.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 10:21 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Gunther is a defensive "genius". It should have been easy enough for him to see that Bell's play was not up to par, cleared medically or not.

But that's ok. Blame the medical staff.

Eventually, Teflon Coach is gonna run out of people to throw under the bus. Next offseason, we're gonna get to hear how it was the Cheerleaders and KC Wolf that prevented our defense from getting it done.

ChiefsfaninPA
01-19-2006, 11:18 AM
KC Wolf that prevented our defense from getting it done.

You mean he hasn't been blamed already?

Brock
01-19-2006, 11:20 AM

xoxo~
Gaz

Who's this "Bell"?

MOhillbilly
01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Next offseason, we're gonna get to hear how it was the Cheerleaders and KC Wolf that prevented our defense from getting it done.

Those ****ed up grills mixed w/ KC wolfs mange would distract anyone w/ eyes.

redhed
01-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, it's all Gun's fault. Those great Ds during the 90s Martyball were just luck I guess. Apparently, Gun forgot how to coach. Or maybe the quality of players has dropped? Nah, that couldn't be.

/sarcasm

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, it's all Gun's fault. Those great Ds during the 90s Martyball were just luck I guess. Apparently, Gun forgot how to coach. Or maybe the quality of players has dropped? Nah, that couldn't be.

/sarcasm

Yeah, I guess Greg Robinson forgot how to coach, too. He put up great numbers in Denver during their SB runs, and has two rings I think.

Or...maybe both Gun and Greg require great personnel to have a good D.

redhed
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I guess Greg Robinson forgot how to coach, too. He put up great numbers in Denver during their SB runs, and has two rings I think.

Or...maybe both Gun and Greg require great personnel to have a good D.

Greg who?
Gun never had the best pass rusher dropping back into coverage.

TEX
01-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Gunther is a defensive "genius". It should have been easy enough for him to see that Bell's play was not up to par, cleared medically or not.

But that's ok. Blame the medical staff.

Eventually, Teflon Coach is gonna run out of people to throw under the bus. Next offseason, we're gonna get to hear how it was the Cheerleaders and KC Wolf that prevented our defense from getting it done.

I believe I saw that Bell wasn't worth a $hit - as did most who actually believed what their eyes told them.

TEX
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Okay, so we're done with the hugs and kisses lovefest that came with the Vermeil "era". Now the Chiefs get the whip and the hammer in Edwards and Gunther. I think DV held back Gun, or Gun was somewhat muted in his approach. Maybe now this team will actually win a playoff game.

Well, we actually did win 3 the last time the Chiefs were all about defense. Course, our offense really sucked. :shake: