PDA

View Full Version : according to Rhonda Moss on 610 sports

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Solari is the new OC. Coaches staying, Shea, Saxton & Joiner. New Tim Crumrye-defense (excuse the spelling). Also a Wallace was mentioned

carlos3652
01-19-2006, 08:39 AM
WHat!?? No AL??

greg63
01-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Solari is the new OC. Coaches staying, Shea, Saxton & Joiner. New Tim Crumrye

Man; I wish I could get 610. :banghead:

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 08:40 AM
I remember Krumrie as a player. Wonder if he'll be coaching defensive line? He was a DT in the NFL.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Assuming this is true...

Glad we kept Solari. Would have liked to see Joiner gone. Is that Krumrie?

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
WHat!?? No AL??

Waiting on Al is a waste of time.

Locking up Solari is the right thing to do.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 08:41 AM
:hmmm:

Just looked it up, Krumrie has been the d-line coach of the Bills.

I like it.

Brock
01-19-2006, 08:44 AM
:hmmm:

Just looked it up, Krumrie has been the d-line coach of the Bills.

I like it.

Haven't they been sort of a bad rushing defense?

In any case, here is how Justin Smith met Tim Krumrie.

The Bengals felt good about Smith after Krumrie, the nose tackle on their 1988 Super Bowl team, made a hands-on evaluation. Krumrie sizes up prospects by grabbing them and shoving them around, seeing how they hold their own.

"The wrestling match was something different," Smith said, chuckling. "I've never experienced that. He starts pushing on you, and you don't know how hard to push back or anything. He just kind of came after me and I just had to react.

"I knew he was an old player and that's how he judges players, sees how tough they are. He just tries to beat the guy down, and he does a good job of it."

Krumrie, who was wearing cowboy boots and blue jeans for the workout, was thoroughly impressed by how Smith handled it.

"He is a Tim Krumrie-style player," Krumrie said. "No matter what the odds are, he's going to be on the field giving you 100 percent. As a football player, no matter what the score is, I'm going to come to play. He's that style. No matter what the odds are, he will fight you."

PastorMikH
01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
This is what KFFL has...

Chiefs | Solari to become offensive coordinator?
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:04:55 -0800

Rick Dean, of the Capital-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards apparently plans to promote offensive line coach Mike Solari to offensive coordinator to replace Al Saunders, unless Solari follows Saunders to a different team like the Oakland Raiders.

Kinda sounds like the ducks are in a row and waiting to see what Saunders will do.

Seek
01-19-2006, 08:45 AM
Assuming this is true...

Isn't Joiner the RB coach. If so, I think he did a fine job with our running backs.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Haven't they been sort of a bad rushing defense?
Yea, just ask the Chiefs.

Actually, they had a big drop-off this year when they lost Williams, but have been good in the past. I don't know if that means the players made the coach, or not.

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Isn't Joiner the RB coach. If so, I think he did a fine job with our running backs.

Saxon = RB coach

Joiner = WR coach.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Isn't Joiner the RB coach. If so, I think he did a fine job with our running backs.Joiner is WR coach, and obviously doesn't emphasize "catching".

phxchief

Charlie Joiner = HOF WR.

I'd guess he doesn't coach RBs.

Frankie
If Rhonda Moss married Bill Maas would she change her last name? :hmmm:

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 08:49 AM
We are lucky Al Davis is cheap. That might be the only reason more of offensive staff isn't going to Oakland: Carl outbid Al Davis.

Seek
01-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Saxon = RB coach

Joiner = WR coach.

Ah Saxon. Thankx....

Okay, Joiner probably should have gone.

ct
01-19-2006, 08:50 AM
So it's down to Detroit, Buffalo, and Oakland with HC vacancies.

Detroit said to be locked in on Marinelli (sp?).
Buffalo rumored to have Jauron is the leading candidate. Haven't even heard Al Saunders connected there at all.
Which leaves the Faiders. Really Al, do ya really want to work for Al Davis?

htismaqe
The Bills had personnel problems this last year. They got Sam Adams to fill the gap that Williams left and Adams ended up gimpy most of the year and missed 2 games.

Frankie
This is what KFFL has...

Chiefs | Solari to become offensive coordinator?
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 06:04:55 -0800

Rick Dean, of the Capital-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards apparently plans to promote offensive line coach Mike Solari to offensive coordinator to replace Al Saunders, unless Solari follows Saunders to a different team like the Oakland Raiders.

Kinda sounds like the ducks are in a row and waiting to see what Saunders will do.This sounds like Solari's first choice would be to follow Saunders. If not then why aren't the Chiefs just more aggressive in locking him up?

Seek
01-19-2006, 08:51 AM
something bout Wronda Moss, makes me think that is isn't final yet. "HELLO TY LAW" I am guessing she is just speculating, because the Chiefs don't tell her squat.

Bill Lundberg
01-19-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm not sold that Saunders will be the coach of the Raiders. If that were the case, why would they keep interviewing. If AS Challenged CP for control imagine the fight he would have on his hands with Al Davis... Just my 2 cents.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 08:55 AM

No, she'll hyphenate.

Rhonda Moss-Maas.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
If Rhonda Moss married Bill Maas would she change her last name? :hmmm:The better question is would the government do the right thing for the country and prevent them from procreating?

DaWolf
01-19-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm not sold that Saunders will be the coach of the Raiders. If that were the case, why would they keep interviewing. If AS Challenged CP for control imagine the fight he would have on his hands with Al Davis... Just my 2 cents.

Al Davis messing with us. Wait until the end to name Saunders hoping that we keep waiting to see what happens to Saunders and thus miss out on some coaches. Nice try Al...

Cormac
01-19-2006, 09:01 AM
I hope this is true. Also, I don't have a problem with keeping Charlie Joyner. The WRs have been fine considering the talent level. Kennison has had the best years of his career, and Samie Parker is coming on fine for a 4th round pick. I'd like to have seen more out of Boerigter, but I guess his time has come and gone. Johnnie "thuper" Morton doesn't count.

One thing that concerns me is that Solari would prefer to be Saunders' OC in Oakland, rather than become OC here with the Chiefs. That would be a slap in the face.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 09:04 AM

a bumping of the uglies

cmh6476
01-19-2006, 09:06 AM
i wish all the other teams would fill their vacncies so we knew what the fock was going on with al :mad:

Brock
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
One thing that concerns me is that Solari would prefer to be Saunders' OC in Oakland, rather than become OC here with the Chiefs. That would be a slap in the face.

I don't see where anyone is getting the notion that Solari would prefer to work somewhere else. He would probably prefer to work wherever he makes the most money.

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Well, Saunders is meeting in Washington today for their offensive coordinator's position.

He's not coming back here. Lock up Solari and get it over with already.

royr17
01-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, Saunders is meeting in Washington today for their offensive coordinator's position.

Where you gettin this info at ?

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 09:10 AM

If he lands in Washington, talk about a coaching lineup:

HC - Gibbs
Offense - Saunders
Defense - Williams

Snyder isn't ****ing around.

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 09:13 AM
Even If Al is only the OC, he needs to go someone else. For some reason, he is not getting the credit for the Chiefs' O. If he were to take the Redskins, and make them a great offense, there is just no way he wouldn't get a HC job next year.

Frazod
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Sadly, at this point I just can't see how Saunders could stay here. If he has any self-respect, he needs to leave for his own sake.

Seriously, if any of you got dicked around and disrespected like this, would YOU stay? I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd take whatever I could get elsewhere and dedicate my existence to ruining Carl.

As far as Krumbrie goes, I immediately remembered him breaking his leg in the last 49ers/Bengals Super Bowl. That was nasty.

Cormac
01-19-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't see where anyone is getting the notion that Solari would prefer to work somewhere else. He would probably prefer to work wherever he makes the most money.

Fair assumption. I don't expect he'd want to leave, but I wonder if he's holding out on signing on as our OC until he knows what Saunders is going to do. Unlikely, but who knows. It just seemed like a perfect fit for him to stay on as our OC, when Herm arrived and it turned out they were college teammates. It's high time he was signed to a contract. Especially now that Saunders is openly interviewing for other OC jobs. There is no reason for us to wait for him to come back to us with his tail between his legs, because that's just not going to happen.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Mike Stock is off the market, going to Green Bay

petegz28
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Assuming this is true...

Why in the hell would you want Joiner gone? Are you sick in your head?

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Why in the hell would you want Joiner gone? Are you sick in your head?

Maybe because our receivers have hands of stone?

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Where you gettin this info at ?

Jesus told me.

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Fair assumption. I don't expect he'd want to leave, but I wonder if he's holding out on signing on as our OC until he knows what Saunders is going to do. Unlikely, but who knows. It just seemed like a perfect fit for him to stay on as our OC, when Herm arrived and it turned out they were college teammates. It's high time he was signed to a contract. Especially now that Saunders is openly interviewing for other OC jobs. There is no reason for us to wait for him to come back to us with his tail between his legs, because that's just not going to happen.

Gunther did it.

petegz28
01-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Maybe because our receivers have hands of stone?

So blame the guy that gave them a job. Joiner has made average recievers perform in our offense at high levels. Especially with run blocking.

Do I ever dare ask who you would replace him with or are you jsut grumbling?

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM
I think greasy Al is trying to bring down gentleman Al's price. He probably wants to pay him less than he was getting as OC here.

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM
The better question is would the government do the right thing for the country and prevent them from procreating?
:LOL:

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 09:31 AM
So blame the guy that gave them a job. Joiner has made average recievers perform in our offense at high levels. Especially with run blocking.

Do I ever dare ask who you would replace him with or are you jsut grumbling?

He's the coach. He's responsible for getting the most he can out of our receivers.

Kennison is the only one who has consistently gotten better.

I don't know who to replace him with. All I know is our receivers have constantly been our weakness.

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
a bumping of the uglies
Can somebody morph their pix to see what their kid would look like?

beavis
01-19-2006, 09:32 AM
I remember Krumrie as a player. Wonder if he'll be coaching defensive line? He was a DT in the NFL.
I seem to remember him breaking his leg in a rather gruesome way during that Superbowl against the 49ers. Am I thinking of the same guy?

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:34 AM

That would make NFL's other native American club my second favorite team.

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Mike Stock is off the market, going to Green Bay
Dammit Carl! :banghead:

Frankie
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Jesus told me.
George, is that you?

htismaqe
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
I seem to remember him breaking his leg in a rather gruesome way during that Superbowl against the 49ers. Am I thinking of the same guy?

Yep, that's him.

petegz28
01-19-2006, 09:44 AM
He's the coach. He's responsible for getting the most he can out of our receivers.

I don't know who to replace him with. All I know is our receivers have constantly been our weakness.

And judging by the caliber of our receivers how do yo usay he didn't get the most out of them?

Well let's analyze this so you can quit griping just to gripe ok

$'s spent on Offense:
O-Line
Tight End
RB
QB
Receivers

Now tell me again as we posted the #1 offense in the league what Joiners problem is?

If you are telling me Joiner sucks when he has Parker, Hall and Boerighter as his receivers after what our offense has done you are crazy!

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
And judging by the caliber of our receivers how do yo usay he didn't get the most out of them?

Well let's analyze this so you can quit griping just to gripe ok

$'s spent on Offense:
O-Line
Tight End
RB
QB
Receivers

Now tell me again as we posted the #1 offense in the league what Joiners problem is?

If you are telling me Joiner sucks when he has Parker, Hall and Boerighter as his receivers after what our offense has done you are crazy!

Bitching just to bitch? I doubt it.

Joiner's receivers wouldn't know ball security if it bit them in the ass. How many times did Parker and Kennison fumble?

I wasn't expecting him to turn these receivers into Marvin Harrison, but our offense was good in spite of the receivers, not because of them.

Our offense is good because of O-line first, running game 2nd, not because of Joiner's receivers.

I'm telling you that he's not the best one. You seem to think he is. So we can just agree to disagree.

Brock
01-19-2006, 10:09 AM

Joiner's receivers wouldn't know ball security if it bit them in the ass. How many times did Parker and Kennison fumble?

I wasn't expecting him to turn these receivers into Marvin Harrison, but our offense was good in spite of the receivers, not because of them.

Our offense is good because of O-line first, running game 2nd, not because of Joiner's receivers.

I'm telling you that he's not the best one. You seem to think he is. So we can just agree to disagree.

Kennison has fumbled once in every season as a Chief except one. Parker fumbled twice this year. I'd have to say that Joiner has probably gotten more out of Kennison than any of us expected.

petegz28
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM

yes obviously you are expecting a Marvin Harrison whn you gripe about slightly above average play from average receivers.

I am not sayin ghe is the best. I am saying he made the best out of what we gave him. You on the other hand have no reason other than a couple fumbles.
but I know yo udon't want Marvin Harrison. Just someone who plays like him right?

Frankie
01-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I am not sayin ghe is the best. I am saying he made the best out of what we gave him. You on the other hand have no reason other than a couple fumbles.
but I know yo udon't want Marvin Harrison. Just someone who plays like him right?Joyner is one of those coaches who you know there are equal or better ones out there. But because there are bad coaches out there too you take him. God knows the Chiefs have had their share of bad position coaches. So Joyner's of the world present no risk.

Seek
01-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Kennison has fumbled once in every season as a Chief except one. Parker fumbled twice this year. I'd have to say that Joiner has probably gotten more out of Kennison than any of us expected.

Parker fumbled more than twice. He only lost two of the. I know he fumbled at least five times in three games. Two he fell on and one went out of bounds. Didn't you notice Parker falling to the ground after catching a pass to prevent a fumble.

Brock
01-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Parker fumbled more than twice. He only lost two of the. I know he fumbled at least five times in three games. Two he fell on and one went out of bounds. Didn't you notice Parker falling to the ground after catching a pass to prevent a fumble.

According to the NFL, he fumbled twice. (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493025)

Claynus
01-19-2006, 10:37 AM

I wouldn't say that...I'd say Parker has developed pretty well. He was playing excellent ball after he came back from his injury.

Chris Horn has maximized his talent.

Joiner hasn't really been given alot to work with. I'd like to see what he can do with McIntyre and Crap.

Seek
01-19-2006, 10:38 AM
yes obviously you are expecting a Marvin Harrison whn you gripe about slightly above average play from average receivers.

but I know yo udon't want Marvin Harrison. Just someone who plays like him right?

Okay, What happened with the high dollar FA we signed. J. Morton. Why was he a bust the first two years, and not really anything but average in his 3rd.

Boe came in his first year and had a decent season. Every year after that he got worse. While there was high expectations.

Crap Thorp, didn't even develp enough over the season to make the roster when injuries started.

Lets talk about J. McIntrye, who didn't develop enough so we cut him.

We gave him talent to at least develop into a #3, instead we lost them.

Seek
01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
According to the NFL, he fumbled twice. (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493025)

Then those stats are wrong. I saw him fumble twice in one game, but we didnt' lose them. One he kicked out of bounds. I believe it was a week or two before he lost the one against Dallas.

Claynus
01-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Okay, What happened with the high dollar FA we signed. J. Morton. Why was he a bust the first two years, and not really anything but average in his 3rd.

Your understanding of the situation is questionable. Morton sucked in his first year, and was slightly above-average in the two years following.

He was one of the leading receivers in the NFL on third-down in his final year. He wasn't cut because of performance. He was cut because he had a shitty attiude and a large contract.

Boe came in his first year and had a decent season. Every year after that he got worse. While there was high expectations.

I don't really believe he was given a fair chance after the injury.

Crap Thorp, didn't even develp enough over the season to make the roster when injuries started. [/QUOTE

Lets talk about J. McIntrye, who didn't develop enough so we cut him.

They're friggin ROOKIES. Why don't you see what happens this year? I'm betting on BOTH making the roster and one of them having a solid pro debut.

Brock
01-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Then those stats are wrong. I saw him fumble twice in one game, but we didnt' lose them. One he kicked out of bounds. I believe it was a week or two before he lost the one against Dallas.

ROFL ok

philfree
01-19-2006, 10:49 AM

I'm not going to get to far into a debate about a WR's coach but Hall has improved every year as a WR for the Chiefs and Parker looked pretty good the second half of the season after he cme back from injury. I don't think the above statement is accurate.

PhilFree:arrow:

Seek
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Your understanding of the situation is questionable. Morton sucked in his first year, and was slightly above-average in the two years following.

He was one of the leading receivers in the NFL on third-down in his final year. He wasn't cut because of performance. He was cut because he had a shitty attiude and a large contract.

I don't really believe he was given a fair chance after the injury.

They're friggin ROOKIES. Why don't you see what happens this year? I'm betting on BOTH making the roster and one of them having a solid pro debut.

Morton was below average for a #1 receiver his second year. Including critical drops in a play off game. He had what 1 Td all year. His best year was his 3rd which was average for a #2 receiver. While he was cut because of his attitude, and money, he did not deserve the money he already received. And I was a huge Morton fan. Detroit used to be NFC team.

J. McIntyre was not a rookie. He is a second year player, who I believe is now a Jet.

And your argument about What did Joiner have to work with. Well obviously more than what a high/ mid draft choice, who held out because he should have been a #1 rookie. He should at least make the 53 man roster over either Horn or Boe. He didn't even develop some where along the year to be promoted to the 53..

Boe sophmore year was a disgrace. His injury came in year 3 and I agree I don't think he was given a chance last year.

FringeNC
01-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Morton sucked in his first year...

Morton "sucks" every year.

Claynus
01-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Morton was below average for a #1 receiver his second year. Including critical drops in a play off game. He had what 1 Td all year. His best year was his 3rd which was average for a #2 receiver.

His 2nd and 3rd years were almost IDENTICAL. He had four touchdowns in his second year, ONE MORE than the following year.

Why even get into a debate about our receivers if you're not going to acknowledge the facts?

J. McIntyre was not a rookie. He is a second year player, who I believe is now a Jet.

OK, so he wasn't a rookie. The fact is he wasn't ready for the NFL, that's why they sent him to NFL Europe. And he's on the Chiefs roster RIGHT NOW.

Well obviously more than what a high/ mid draft choice, who held out because he should have been a #1 rookie.

What? Who held out. The Chiefs don't have any #1 receiving talent on the roster (other than Kennison). You're delusional.

Boe sophmore year was a disgrace. His injury came in year 3 and I agree I don't think he was given a chance last year.

I don't pin that on Joiner. As you say, he wasn't given a chance. Chris Horn and Dante Hall were Dick Vermeil's golden midgets.

Gonzo
01-19-2006, 11:33 AM
What I don't understand is why we keep getting these undersized receivers. Look at what Green has been able to do with them. If he had some average sized receivers we would probably see 50-60 more yards of offense per game. To hit a reciever that is under 6 feet tall takes amazing accuracy. Kennison would be a #2 receiver on most rosters right now. He has improved quite a bit but you all know his skills will start to deminish very soon.

jspchief
01-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Our receivers were good because of the system, not Joiner.

I know we led the league in dropped passes at least once. How much better would our receivers be if they could catch?

IMO, Joiner has done little for our receiving corps. I'm not going to go gochiefs spaz about keeping him, but I would have liked to see someone new.

RedandGold
01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Can somebody morph their pix to see what their kid would look like?

I'm guessing it would look something like this:

http://members.cox.net/nonstoppop/godzil1.gif

Frankie
01-19-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm not going to get to far into a debate about a WR's coach but Hall has improved every year as a WR for the Chiefs and Parker looked pretty good the second half of the season after he cme back from injury. I don't think the above statement is accurate.

PhilFree:arrow:Good point. Hall was a converted RB

Inspector
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM

She'd be called the widow Mass after suffocating Bill the first time she was on top.....

Seek
01-19-2006, 11:39 AM
What? Who held out. The Chiefs don't have any #1 receiving talent on the roster (other than Kennison). You're delusional.

Thorpe was a week late to camp, because he was wanting more money. He and his mothers philosophy, was that he would have been a #1 draft pick had he not got hurt, therefore, he was deserving of more money, because they stole him.

DaWolf
01-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Let me mention here that our beloved Al Saunders also spent significant time coaching the recievers here (he was a WR coach for 10+ years here and in St Louis) and that the thing they stress with our recievers is getting the ball and bursting upfield with it, not protecting the ball. They stress the big play and I think that's what leads to a lot of the fumbles. Risk and reward.

Let me also mention that it took our beloved Al Saunders 2 years to say that he hadn't been using Johnnie Morton properly and was going to do more things that were to Johnnie's strengths the third year. Al Saunders is the person who championed the signing of Johnnie Morton. Al Saunders is also the guy who convinced us to draft Kris Wilson because he wanted another toy on offense to trick people with.

Finally let me say that I'd be quite fine with Solari as our OC. In any game where our offense was explosive it was because we ran the ball effectively, and that is what Solari devised during the week. I think Solari knows our OL's strength and Larry Johnson's strength, and think the passing game will be fine since Trent Green is essentially a coach out there.

This is not meant to knock Al Saunders, he did an overall great job, but I also noticed his drawbacks and did not want him as head coach. If he gets the job in Oakland, good luck to him working with Al Davis' coaches and Al Davis' players and Al Davis' rules...

The Bad Guy
01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Here's another question. If it meant the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl, would you have sex with Rhonda Moss every day for a month?

Brock
01-19-2006, 11:48 AM
This is not meant to knock Al Saunders, he did an overall great job, but I also noticed his drawbacks and did not want him as head coach. If he gets the job in Oakland, good luck to him working with Al Davis' coaches and Al Davis' players and Al Davis' rules...

Al is Washington's OC as of today. I think you will see a meteoric rise in their offensive production.

SLAG
01-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Here's another question. If it meant the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl, would you have sex with Rhonda Moss every day for a month?

Only For the Superbowl.

Frankie
01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Here's another question. If it meant the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl, would you have sex with Rhonda Moss every day for a month?What is Super Bowl? :p

tk13
01-19-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm all for Solari as OC. It will be interesting to see how he calls a game. I imagine Joiner will help Shea design the passing attack each week.