PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sutton named Defensive Coordinator of the Jets, Donnie Henderson gone

royr17
01-19-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/61821.htm

MANGINI NAMES SUTTON DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

By MARK CANNIZZARO January 19, 2006 -- The staffing procedure for Eric Mangini's new-face Jets began yesterday with the new head coach interviewing members of the current staff and hiring Bob Sutton as his defensive coordinator, according to multiple team sources.

Mangini, according to the sources, is also retaining defensive line coach Denny Marcin, defensive backs coach Corwin Brown and strength and conditioning coach Markus Paul.

That might not be all of the former Herman Edwards assistants who'll be retained. Mangini, who worked his way around Weeb Ewbank Hall interviewing the existing assistant coaches, isn't yet...

Mr. Laz
01-19-2006, 01:53 PM
this idea of importing a ton of the Jets coaching staff doesn't hold much appeal to me.

royr17
01-19-2006, 01:55 PM
no but the fact that donnie henderson was the defensive backs coach of the ravens when the ravens won the super bowl does to me though

tk13
01-19-2006, 01:57 PM
this idea of importing a ton of the Jets coaching staff doesn't hold much appeal to me.
I think their coordinators are all really good. Heimerdinger, Donnie Henderson, and Mike Westhoff.

LesterLyles
01-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Hendu was a good coordinator. Dinger, although he didn't have the tools this year, seems like he was a good coordinator. Westhoff was also solid. IUnfortunately it was the HC that screwed things up at time ;)

tk13
01-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, from what I've read... Heimerdinger is probably going to go take the OC job in Denver, so we'll get to see him twice a year anyway. Apparently Donnie Henderson is gonna interview for the Packers DC job, and who knows with Westhoff. If Henderson can't get a DC job I could see him coming here as a position coach, supposedly him and Herm were pretty close.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I think their coordinators are all really good. Heimerdinger, Donnie Henderson, and Mike Westhoff.

Heimerdinger intrigues me. I wonder if Trent could run his offense? Didnt he run the Titans offense when they were really good? I could live with all three of these guys actually. If Paul Hackett's named gets mentioned i swear ill just shoot myself and spare myself the agony.

tomahawk kid
01-19-2006, 02:06 PM
I think it would be awesome if we could land Westoff AND Henderson.

Donnie would be quite the secondary upgrade over Guinta.

royr17
01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
I also read Westoff wont be retained and that he's gone ...

LesterLyles
01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Donnie will probably go to GB. My guess is Westhoff stays.

tk13
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Heimerdinger intrigues me. I wonder if Trent could run his offense? Didnt he run the Titans offense when they were really good? I could live with all three of these guys actually. If Paul Hackett's named gets mentioned i swear ill just shoot myself and spare myself the agony.
Yeah he was the Titans' OC for like 5 years. McNair won an MVP under him. He ran Eddie George right into the ground...haha.

He'll probably go to Denver though... him and Shanahan were college roommates and he needs an OC. He was Shanahan's WR coach in Denver during the Super Bowl run, he's got a really good track record with WR's... developed Rod Smith, McCaffrey, Derrick Mason, Drew Bennett into 1000 yard receivers, all guys who weren't really top flight first day picks.