PDA

View Full Version : Referee Pete Morelli's home vandalized

tk13
01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298135&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

NFL official's home vandalized after Steelers call
ESPN.com news services

Someone threw a rock through Pete Morelli's window in Stockton, Calif., on Sunday after the NFL official's crew made a controversial call in the Steelers' win at Indianapolis.

During the game, an apparent interception by Troy Polamalu was reversed on replay, allowing the Colts to score their second touchdown during a frantic but failed rally in the fourth quarter. The NFL issued a statement Monday that the interception should have stood.

"It's kinda suspicious because of its close proximity to the game, but he doesn't know if it was related to his duties as a referee, his job as a high school principal or if it was a random act of mischief," Stockton police Lt. Thomas Wells told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Wednesday.

Morelli, a high school principal, and his wife were upstairs getting ready for bed when they heard a loud crash and ran downstairs where they found broken glass and a rock, Wells told the paper.

Joey Porter, a Pro Bowl selection and one of the Steelers' co-captains, criticized the crew repeatedly during a series of postgame interviews following a 21-18 win in the AFC divisional round. Among other comments, Porter said, "The whole world wanted Indy to win so bad, they were going to do whatever they had to do."

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said there would be no fine for the remarks.

During his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Bill Cowher called Porter's remarks "ridiculous" and said, "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do."

John Matrix
01-19-2006, 07:55 PM
That's awesome.

Ultra Peanut
01-19-2006, 07:55 PM
No...

NFL spokesman Steve Alic said there would be no fine for the remarks. That's awesome.

Calcountry
01-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Ummm, I hate to break this to you Pete, but you live in Stockton. I think it was just that, Stockton citizens doing what they do best.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2006, 07:59 PM
During his news conference Tuesday, Steelers coach Bill Cowher called Porter's remarks "ridiculous" and said, "Our officials are doing the very best that they can do."

I very seriously doubt that Cowher would have said the same thing had the Steelers lost that game. He probably would have launched a grenade through this guys window instead of a rock.

chief52
01-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Ummm, I hate to break this to you Pete, but you live in Stockton. I think it was just that, Stockton citizens doing what they do best.

...and Pete, you are a high school principal in Stockton.

Calcountry
01-19-2006, 08:01 PM
...and Pete, you are a high school principal in Stockton.That kid that went to UofA, use to play for St Mary's, he probably saw that call and puked, had some of his homies go throw the rock. lmao.

savedin79
01-19-2006, 08:01 PM
BAD CALL!!!

DJJasonp
01-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Congratulations Steelers.....

You've just bought yourself a first-class, top-notch, hose-job this weekend against Denver that will make the New England game look like the fairest game ever officiated.

Nice work.

Guru
01-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Congratulations Steelers.....

You've just bought yourself a first-class, top-notch, hose-job this weekend against Denver that will make the New England game look like the fairest game ever officiated.

Nice work.

That is kind of what I was thinking. Rat won't even have to pay them off now.:banghead:

Bearcat
01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
I very seriously doubt that Cowher would have said the same thing had the Steelers lost that game. He probably would have launched a grenade through this guys window instead of a rock.

Well, yeah... he has another game/crew to think about.

unlurking
01-19-2006, 09:08 PM
That is kind of what I was thinking. Rat won't even have to pay them off now.:banghead:
I don't know, kinda sends the message "don't cash shanarat's check or we'll put antifreeze in your wife's martini glass".

Frazod
01-19-2006, 09:12 PM
I sure would like to throw something through the windows of the f#ckers that called the Dallas game. :#

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Maybe the ref shouldnt ever try to cheat.

dtebbe
01-19-2006, 10:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2298135&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

This shows that Cowher uses that saliva for something besides spitting. Geez...

DT

Bob Dole
01-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow. Only 9 hours late...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=133938

FAX
01-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Time.

FAX