PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service Thread

SLAG
01-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Call center.

I have been working in a call center for at least the last 3 Years.
Ive taken all Sorts of Calls.

I want to here it from your point of view.

As I type this I am on Hold with the Gas Company

SO far....its been 17 Min.

Lets hear the Horror Storys

DenverChief
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Call center.

I have been working in a call center for at least the last 3 Years.
Ive taken all Sorts of Calls.

I want to here it from your point of view.

As I type this I am on Hold with the Gas Company

SO far....its been 17 Min.

Lets hear the Horror Storys

hope you took some vacation time....

SLAG
01-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Heres whats Imagine Happening at this place... Cuz Im pretty sure this is what is going on

As I am on chiefsplanet Some customer service Agent is off Smoking 3 ciggerttes taking his sweet ass time.... Another is stuffing his face with the buffet that is spread through out the whole building.

Another is Really taking calls and helping people.

The Supervisor is in the Mail Room Fliring with the Janitor all day long.

They pretty much just goof off all day long, eat pork rhines and talk about how hungover they are from the night before

:D

DenverChief
01-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Heres whats Imagine Happening at this place... Cuz Im pretty sure this is what is going on

As I am on chiefsplanet Some customer service Agent is off Smoking 3 ciggerttes taking his sweet ass time.... Another is stuffing his face with the buffet that is spread through out the whole building.

Another is Really taking calls and helping people.

The Supervisor is in the Mail Room Fliring with the Janitor all day long.

They pretty much just goof off all day long, eat pork rhines and talk about how hungover they are from the night before

:D

I would have stayed at dish notwork if any of the above were true :(

SLAG
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
40 Min Time to hang up

Saulbadguy
01-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Used to work at one. It wasn't that bad. If people were rude to me, I was rude to them back. If people were nice to me, i'd be nice to them back. Usually didn't have too many assholes.

Smed1065
01-19-2006, 08:47 PM
I work for one now and I am glad mine is inbound. It is hard to believe what you hear! I am in Hotlanta! GL tonight!

Simplex3
01-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I used to install phone systems and write software for call centers but I've never fielded calls as a job.

Dunit35
01-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Being on hold for more than a few minutes drives me crazy. I usually hang up on them after about five minutes and call them back untill I get them without being on hold.

Skip Towne
01-19-2006, 10:00 PM
I would have stayed at dish notwork if any of the above were true :(
Yep, those CSR's work their ass off. Rep for the Dish Notwork.

SLAG
01-20-2006, 08:42 AM
My Last call last night before i went home, Some dude was getting all bitchy because I couldnt promise him what time the shipment was going to arrive,

I was like "Sir I cannot Promise AM or PM i can only promise like the cable company sometime between 8am and 5pm" he just went off about he was going to call the head office and stuff like that.

If he would have been Nice I could have promised him before NOON but he didnt want to work with me so I was Difficult right back

Mojo Rising
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
I saw this site a few months ago and it has all the secret "hacks" to get around IVR's. The only problem is that I forget about it until about the time a CSR picks up.

http://www.paulenglish.com/ivr/

SLAG
01-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I saw this site a few months ago and it has all the secret "hacks" to get around IVR's. The only problem is that I forget about it until about the time a CSR picks up.

http://www.paulenglish.com/ivr/

My Company is on that list, Yet not the location I work for.

The Location I work for we are nice we dont have and IVR all calls come right into a live person

ChiefsfaninPA
01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I usually hang up on them after about five minutes and call them back untill I get them without being on hold.

Wouldn't it make more sense just to wait if your going to call back?

Inspector
01-20-2006, 09:21 AM
I was a long distance operator in my younger years (about 25+ years ago) and had many "unusual" calls.

My wife and I have actually contemplated writing a book about some of the weird crap people would call in about.

dtebbe
01-20-2006, 09:21 AM
My best story is when I worked at CNN we supposedly had "platinum support" with Compaq. One friday at about 3p we had a RAID controller go down on one of our servers. I called our "platinum" number where a clone took our client number, assigned me a ticket, and put me on hold to speak with a tech to help me troubleshoot the server. (I knew the RAID controller was bad, but I had to troubleshoot it with a tech before they would send the replacement card). I put them on speaker and waited... and waited.... and waited....

2 hours later I went to dinner, came back was still on hold.

After dinner I found another department had a spare card and got the server back up and running. But I figured I'd see how long I could stay on hold.

11pm came and my shift was up, so I left in on speaker and went home for the weekend.

You guessed it, I came in on Monday morning and the hold music was STILL playing. About 11a that morning someone picked up the phone and said hello? hello? and hung up. How's that?

Now, on the other side of that, we ended up replacing our Compaq servers with Network Appliance NAS units. We also bought the Platinum Support.

We had a drive fail one night about 3 am, and the server "phoned home" and let support know. A courier was at our office at 8a with the replacement drive... only problem was no one was there to sign for it, so security had to sign for it! Net App may be expensive, but that stuff just works and works, and works.

DT

SLAG
01-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Ok, I am talking to this Insurance Company on the phone and we are doing our thing and I casually ask the rep where she is from, She says KY and she asks me where i am at, I tell her Kansas City.....

her response...

"Wheres that at?"

:shake:

Cochise
01-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, I am talking to this Insurance Company on the phone and we are doing our thing and I casually ask the rep where she is from, She says KY and she asks me where i am at, I tell her Kansas City.....

her response...

"Wheres that at?"

haha. I was casually talking to a credit card rep while she was looking stuff up once, and she said she was near Boston. When she asked where I was I said Kansas City, and she said "oh... that's in the midwest right?"

Extra Point
01-20-2006, 09:44 AM
"Your business is important to us, taking care of customers. Please wait a few moments.....

"Your business is important to us. Please wait a few moments while we finish assisting the person. We reply to clients on a first come, first served basis....

"Please hold while we play another Wham! gem. Remember, your business is important to us.

"Please hold for a few moments. Your business is important to us, but not as important to one-fourth of our customer service reps, who are at the picnic table, in 20 degree sleet outside, trying to enjoy their cigarettes.

"Please hang up and call back. Sure, your business helps pay our bills, but since we're trying to make our quarter so our execs can get their options, we've just fired half the staff.

"Thanks for your business. Remember, we put the 'Cuss' in customer service."

Skip Towne
01-20-2006, 09:52 AM

her response...

"Wheres that at?"

Prolly one of Roy's relatives.