PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise halts airing of South Park episode in Great Britain

Baby Lee
01-20-2006, 09:26 AM
http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3477151

Rausch
01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Why?

Lighten up Tom, the Oprah crowd will love you anyway...

FAX
01-20-2006, 09:32 AM
You know, this is silly.

I think that, were I to have a choice between paying 10 dollars to see a new South Park episode and watching a Cruise movie for free, I'd pay the 10 bucks.

FAX

Bootlegged
01-20-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey Tom, I hear Lenny Kravitz is now taking Kidman topshelf, not that you'd mind.

ChiTown
01-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Can't somebody take this fugger out with a high-powered shotgun already? geezus.

HC_Chief
01-20-2006, 09:49 AM
lol
What a frigging panty-waste.

I loved this part:
A source tells the site, "Tom is famously very litigious and will go to great lengths to protect his reputation. "

HA! No one has done more to f*ck up that weirdo's "reputation" than he has.

Loser

chagrin
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
faig

morphius
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
The funny thing is he may have just managed to make it be one of the most popular episodes to float around on the internet...

HC_Chief
01-20-2006, 09:52 AM
That episode was hilarious, BTW.

At the end the scientologist freaks threaten to sue Stan Marsh, one of the show's main characters. He yells back "Go ahead! I'm not afraid of you! Sue me!"

Then the credits rolled. All names replaced wim "John Smith"
Producers: John Smith, John Smith, and John Smith
Director: John Smith
Written By: John Smith, John Smith, and John Smith
Voice Actors: John Smith, John Smith.....

:D

Taco John
01-20-2006, 09:54 AM

At the end the scientologist freaks threaten to sue Stan Marsh, one of the show's main characters. He yells back "Go ahead! I'm not afraid of you! Sue me!"

That's hilarious! ROFL

FAX
01-20-2006, 09:59 AM
What I found interesting about the episode was that, throughout the description of the "secret", they kept a subtitle on-screen that said something to the effect of "What Scientologists Actually Believe".

I am unfamiliar with Scientology and do not know, but am now curious ... do they actually believe that our souls are the remnants of alien beings sucked out of a mother ship visiting earth eons ago?

Please advise.

FAX

Bwana
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Tom Cruise = nancy Boy. :shake:

SLAG
I would have to say John edwards is no longer the biggest Douche in the Universe Mr Cruse is

HC_Chief
What I found interesting about the episode was that, throughout the description of the "secret", they kept a subtitle on-screen that said something to the effect of "What Scientologists Actually Believe".

I am unfamiliar with Scientology and do not know, but am now curious ... do they actually believe that our souls are the remnants of alien beings sucked out of a mother ship visiting earth eons ago?

Please advise.

FAX

lol
Forgot about that.

YES, that is actually what they believe. They told the story verbatum. Loved the subtitle on the screen.

They did the same thing a while ago, but with the Mormons.... the whole "received the book of Mormon from God by looking into a box". While telling the story they had a song going along with it saying "Dumb, dumb, dumb dumb dumb!" :D

Taco John
01-20-2006, 10:01 AM

Please advise.

FAX

Yes.

FAX
01-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Then I like their religion. I shall begin immediately to believe this too and support Mr. Cruise's efforts to end the subversion of his efforts to prepare his alien-being soul for return to the mother ship.

FAX

Gonzo
01-20-2006, 10:06 AM
"I dont know what you're talking about. I love women.... Watch me jump around insainly and scream like a beyatch."
T.C.

KcMizzou
01-20-2006, 10:06 AM
I heard about this on G4 Tech TV. The guy said something to the effect of, "Tom Cruise halts airing of South Park episode, thus ensuring that it'll be one of the most popular bit torrent downloads ever."

Wrasse
01-20-2006, 10:07 AM

LOL I missed that part because the fiance and I were having a discussion about how silly Scientology is.

...and if you are so worried and defensive that you go to great lengths to pull an episode of a cartoon from a network, then you must be extremely gay.

KcMizzou
01-20-2006, 10:07 AM
The funny thing is he may have just managed to make it be one of the most popular episodes to float around on the internet...
Yeah, what he said.

Bootlegged
01-20-2006, 10:08 AM
you're glib.

FAX
01-20-2006, 10:10 AM
LOL I missed that part because the fiance and I were having a discussion about how silly Scientology is.

...and if you are so worried and defensive that you go to great lengths to pull an episode of a cartoon from a network, then you must be extremely gay.

I strongly suggest that you reconsider this position, Mr. Wrasse. You are endangering your alien-being soul and that of your fiance with comments like this and it is likely that you will not be allowed to return to the mother ship.

FAX

Wrasse
01-20-2006, 10:14 AM
I strongly suggest that you reconsider this position, Mr. Wrasse. You are endangering your alien-being soul and that of your fiance with comments like this and it is likely that you will not be allowed to return to the mother ship.

FAX
ROFL

FringeNC
01-20-2006, 10:16 AM
I also read that he gave Katie Holmes an autographed collection of DVDs he starred in for her birthday. Unbelievable.

chagrin
01-20-2006, 10:21 AM
my ex Brother-In-Law is a Scientologist. Everytime he'd come down to visit us he would start getting these strange phone calls, nobody would leave a message but they would keep calling until they got him. then he;d take off and we wouldn't see him until late at night, on the last day he was in town.

Once I had to drop him off at "the org" as he called it, and it was just a plain, cement building with 2 large doors and no signs or other markings.

Once we were visiting the In-Laws and I went over to his house to jam out, he plays bass and he also had a sweet John Bonham style set in his studio, so we drank and played some music, then started "drunk talking", he brought out "the cans", a little game console looking thing (if anyone saw Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense, an episode of Millennium, it was similar) and it had a level and headphones, he tried to talk me into using them but I said, "no thanks"...

anyway, thought I'd share some stories

redhed
01-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Thuper!

SLAG
01-20-2006, 10:27 AM
my ex Brother-In-Law is a Scientologist. Everytime he'd come down to visit us he would start getting these strange phone calls, nobody would leave a message but they would keep calling until they got him. then he;d take off and we wouldn't see him until late at night, on the last day he was in town.

Once I had to drop him off at "the org" as he called it, and it was just a plain, cement building with 2 large doors and no signs or other markings.

Once we were visiting the In-Laws and I went over to his house to jam out, he plays bass and he also had a sweet John Bonham style set in his studio, so we drank and played some music, then started "drunk talking", he brought out "the cans", a little game console looking thing (if anyone saw Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense, an episode of Millennium, it was similar) and it had a level and headphones, he tried to talk me into using them but I said, "no thanks"...

anyway, thought I'd share some stories

it was the "E-METER"!

chagrin
01-20-2006, 10:29 AM
it was the "E-METER"!

ROFL

my apologies

SLAG
01-20-2006, 10:30 AM
ROFL

my apologies

John Travolta takes one with him where ever he gos.

He uses it daily!

Fag

Baby Lee
01-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Where I used to live on 'The Loop' in U-City, they've turned an old synagogue into a Scientology center. perfect place for it, as The Loop is a midwestern version of Haight-Ashbury.

morphius
01-20-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, what he said.
That guy on G4 Tech TV must be a Genious!

BIG_DADDY
01-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Tom needs to get over himself already. I wish I had seen the episode or could get a copy.

jynni
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm sure Comedy Central will be airing it sometime.

Baby Lee
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm sure Comedy Central will be airing it sometime.
Not so fast
Tom Blackmailing Viacom (http://hollywoodinterrupted.com/cblog/index.php?/archives/40-HI-EXCLUSIVE!-SCIENTOLOGIST-TOM-CRUISE-BLACKMAILS-VIACOM....html)

FAX
03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Not so fast
Tom Blackmailing Viacom (http://hollywoodinterrupted.com/cblog/index.php?/archives/40-HI-EXCLUSIVE!-SCIENTOLOGIST-TOM-CRUISE-BLACKMAILS-VIACOM....html)

He stole their web site? The bastard!

FAX

Cochise
03-16-2006, 01:34 PM

http://www.xenu.net/

banyon
03-16-2006, 01:46 PM
The best part of that episode was when Stan said as the end, directly at the screen, "fine go ahead Sue me. Do it."

What a bunch of a-holes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/SCConway/CruiseWinfrey.gif

listopencil
03-16-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm going to have to get that torrent now.

SLAG
03-16-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm going to have to get that torrent now.

http://mrtwig.net/ep/912.html

Enjoy!

go bowe
03-16-2006, 02:36 PM
link doesn't go anywhere for me...

SLAG
03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
link doesn't go anywhere for me...

Get all South Parks from www.mrtwig.net (http://www.mrtwig.net)

DL The Scientology episode - 912 Trapped in the Closet

listopencil
03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
This one is working for me (I hope it's the episode):
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/471196/Southpark_912_The_Scientology_Piss_take_featuring_Tom_Cruise_e

SLAG
03-16-2006, 02:47 PM
This one is working for me (I hope it's the episode):
http://www.torrentspy.com/torrent/471196/Southpark_912_The_Scientology_Piss_take_featuring_Tom_Cruise_e

thats the right Episode

www.mrtwig.net (http://www.mrtwig.net)

listopencil
03-16-2006, 02:47 PM

Thanks, that's a great site!

SLAG
03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
http://mrtwig.net/ep/912.html

Enjoy!

If you Copy and Paste it Into your address bar it will work just fine

listopencil
03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Heh, I'm going to set up my laptop to download seasons at a time in a corner of my house. Nice!

SLAG
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Heh, I'm going to set up my laptop to download seasons at a time in a corner of my house. Nice!

No problem

I usally keep about 2-3 episodes on my phone as well to watch when im bored at work

FAX
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Someday, I'm going to have to learn about torrents.

I have no idea how to do this. But, it sounds good.

FAX

listopencil
03-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Someday, I'm going to have to learn about torrents.

I have no idea how to do this. But, it sounds good.

FAX

It's very easy. Just pick a torrent program, download it and install it. They come with directions. I use BitTorrent.

SLAG
03-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I reccomend UTorrent

StcChief
03-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Azerus source forge. rules. The frog Icon.

Sure-Oz
03-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Tom has become a huge faggot, whatever happend to the cool guy from days of thunder and top gun? comin outta the closet...

ragedogg69
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I got this from a friend on another site. some crazy stuff....

Eh, I've done lectures on the Church of Scientology and wrote a lengthy article for my school newspaper on the Church, and the Boston C.o.S. made us remove the article from our website for copyright infringement. And this is no shens.

What you are about to read costs roughly $345,000, and you have to sit through literally hundreds of hours of "auditing," brainwashing by fellow CoS members.

The Church does not believe that we evolved from clams or that an alien will take us over, but rather, 75 million years ago, the universe was overcrowded... there were more than 7 trillion extra people on each planet, and something had to be done. This guy Xenu (this is the copyrighted term) collected a group of "Renegades" and took over the Intergalactic council. He then told trillions of people that they had to report for income tax inspection. Tricking them, he stunned them with some sort of gas and then froze their bodies. He packed them into DC-8 Space Planes, which look almost exactly like modern 747s, except they do not have propellers.

After stacking them in the planes, Xenu and his renegades sent these people, 15 Trillion people to be exact, to a planet called Teegeeack. Teegeeack, today, is known as "Earth." After unloading the 15 trillion people, he stacked them around six of Teegeeack's largest volcanos. Xenu, with his renegades, then dropped Hydrogen bombs on the 15-trillion people -- Killing all of them.

After dying, these people's souls left their bodies and started to wander into outer space, where Xenu collected them with large space-vaccuums. After collecting the souls, known by CoS members as "Thetans," he forced them to watch "bad space opera," where the Thetans were implanted with something called the "R6 Implant." The R6 Implant was programmed data of common imagery of today -- Christ, Moses, Muhammed, Buddha, and so on... these ideas were planted into our brains so that we would not eventually discover what Xenu did. So after implanting these souls with the images of Christ and Muhammed, who are not real btw, just images, Xenu released the thetans to Earth again.

Fast forward some 75 million years to an arbitrary point where life is existing on Earth. The 15 Trillion Thetans are now looking for bodies to inhabit, because they are body-less nomads. So, these Thetans get into bodies at birth... as soon as you take your first breath, a Thetan jumps into your body. THis thetan is now known as an "Opperating Thetan," because it is operating inside your body. The other 15 trillion thetans who are jealous of that operating thetan try to get into your body as well, and these are called "body thetans." Because these body thetans are trying to get in and cannot, they follow you around and linger around you -- which cause modern illnesses like sickness, headaches, depression, anti-social behavior, and so on. THis is why medicine and psychology isn't any good, according to the Church of Scientology, because Medicine cannot get rid of Body Thetans -- Only scientology.

SO what happened to Xenu? Xenu was eventually captured by a Universal tribunal and sent to a planet somewhere in the Solar System and held in a perpetual forcefield. In the 1940s, L. Ron Hubbard -- through a personal revelation -- discovered the Xenu story and he figured out how the world works... creating Scientology, a self-help program that did not use medicine or medical science. He formed a military organization known as "Sea Org" which personally attacks, using violent means and non-violent means, anybody who opposes scientology. After years of unsuccessfully helping people and leading to the deaths and bankruptcy of hundreds of people (thousands for bankruptcy, hundreds who died because of CoS), the federal Government began to look into the Church. The Church had already been banned in France, German, and the Netherlands. The Church sued the federal government for close to 13 years demanding that they be recognized with tax exempt, religious status -- birthing the Church of Scientology.

Now the Gov't can't do anything to them. Scientology is the most dangerous cult in the world. They singlehandedly ruin the lives of thousands of people a year, run complex scams to steal money from individuals (both parioshoners and non) and have coaxed people into believing that they are a legitimate religion. Once in Scientology, it becomes almost impossible to leave, as you sign a 1 Billion Year contract pledging your Body for service to the Church. If you leave, they sue you for breach of contract as well as extort you for money, as they gather your financial details while you are in the Church. They take out hundreds of thousands of dollars in loans in your name and make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to leave. Those who did leave have given us the Xenu story.

What I've just told you is the story of Xenu, the intergalactic renegade. THis story is only revealed to Scientologists who are "OTIII" -- Operating Thetan Level 3, who have paid close to $300,000 in auditing sessions and have no chance to leave the Church.

Scientology is ANTI-CHristian, ANTI-Jewish, ANTI-Muslim, ANTI-Science, ANTI-Medicine, ANTI-American, ANTI-British, ANTI-European, ANTI-Canadian, and ANTI-Western Civilization. Scientologists are DANGEROUS PEOPLE who must be avoided. If you are friends with a scientologist, BREAK OFF THAT RELATIONSHIP and do not speak to them anymore. You risk being sued, extorted, and having your life ruined.

For more information on the Church of Scientology, the Xenu story, and anything else check these websites:

http://www.xenu.net (Operation Clambake, the leading Anti-Scientology website
WikiPedia Article on Scientology, Xenu, other details.

I can answer any questions that you may have... and I am entirely serious. I'll talk about RJ-45 auditing session, which advocates shooting people with 45-Calibur Handguns to rid them of certain Body Thetans. This is Church of Scientology Doctrine.

Thanks for reading -- Spread the Truth of Scientology.

BTW, Make no mistake, Isaac Hayes is being forced to leave South Park by the Church of Scientology. He does not care about religious criticisms and so on, he is being forced to leave or the Church will ruin his life... this has happened with countless actors, including Tom Cruise and John Travolta, two of the most well known Scientologists.

listopencil
03-16-2006, 08:00 PM
It really is amazing, considering that it all began with a bet between Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard. They bet each other as to who could start a religion first as they both held organized religion in low regard. Heinlein put out Stranger In A Strange Planet, but conceded the victory to Hubbard.

Cave Johnson
03-16-2006, 08:27 PM
It really is amazing, considering that it all began with a bet between Robert Heinlein and L. Ron Hubbard. They bet each other as to who could start a religion first as they both held organized religion in low regard. Heinlein put out Stranger In A Strange Planet, but conceded the victory to Hubbard.

Supposedly the bet story isn't true. http://tafkac.org/religion/hubbard_heinlein_bet.html

However, L. Ron has been quoted by a number of sources as saying a religion would be a sweet way to make money.

Adept Havelock
03-16-2006, 08:57 PM

JMO, but while Heinlein had a dim view of religion, his passion for freethinkers and individual liberty make me seriously doubt that he would get involved with or condone Hubbards' acts.

The afterword in his novel Revolt in 2100 explains it a bit more in depth. He so loathed that type of mindset he swore he would never write the novel he'd originally planned about the origins of his character the "First Prophet" Nehemiah Scudder (an American "Ayatollah".)

I do recall a story (quite possibly apocryphal) that Hubbard said around the time of WW2 "the easiest way to become a billionaire is to start a religion". He loved bad sci-fi so much that unsatisfied with writing it, he created a religion around it. ;)

One exception, the novella "Final Blackout" is a pretty damn good read, if you can get past the fact it's written by a complete nutcase.

Tom Cruise is an idiot and a lousy actor. The only movies of his I really enjoyed was Taps (gets nicely filled w/lead at the end) and The Color of Money (upstaged by Fast Eddie Felson).

listopencil
03-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Supposedly the bet story isn't true. http://tafkac.org/religion/hubbard_heinlein_bet.html

However, L. Ron has been quoted by a number of sources as saying a religion would be a sweet way to make money.

Here's an article about it, take it or what it's worth:

Arlington, Va.: It has always been rumored, at least among Scientology's detractors, that Hubbard founded Scientology as the result of a bar bet with Robert Heinlein (or some other sci-fi writer). Is there any truth to this rumor?

Richard Leiby: I've heard that rumor but never was able to substantiate it. However, I was able to find witnesses to Hubbard's famous statement that writing was no way to get rich -- that it would be smarter to start a religion.

In a 1994 article I wrote for the Post ("Scientology Fiction," inked on this page) I investigated a statement in the church's media guide.
"Question: Did L. Ron Hubbard state that the way to make money was to start a religion?"
"Answer: No. This is an unfounded rumor."

The rumor got started in 1948, according to the church, when "one individual" claimed he heard Hubbard make such a comment during a lecture. "The only two people who could be found who attended the very lecture in 1948 denied that Mr. Hubbard ever made the statement," says the media guide.
But the man who invited Hubbard to speak, Sam Moskowitz, a 74-year-old science fiction editor in Newark, swears to this day that Hubbard made the remark in front of 23 members of the Eastern Science Fiction Association, most of whom are now dead.

The church also ignores a 1983 book by Lloyd Arthur Eshbach, "Over My Shoulder: Reflections of the Science Fiction Era." Eshbach recounts a 1948 meeting with Hubbard and two others in New York:"The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall -- but in so many words Hubbard said: 'I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!' "

Two other Hubbard contemporaries quote him similarly in the unauthorized 1987 biography "Bare-Faced Messiah." And two science fiction experts contacted for this story confirm that Hubbard made such remarks before he wrote his treatise on Dianetics, which was first published in the magazine Astounding Science Fiction. But church officials maintain that these people are sorely confused. The church says another famous writer said the exact same thing -- George Orwell, who wrote to a friend in 1938 that "there might be a lot of cash in starting a new religion."

"It seems that Orwell's comment has been misattributed to Mr. Hubbard," the church media guide tells reporters. Only one problem: The Scientology operative who says he came up with the Orwell "explanation" is Robert Vaughn Young, who quit the central church in 1989 after 20 years as a spokesman. While researching the life of the Founder, Young says he talked to three Hubbard associates from the science fiction days who remembered Hubbard talking about getting out of the penny-a-word game for the more lucrative field of religion. Young ignored those comments, of course, and, by a stroke of luck, came up with the Orwell quote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2005/07/06/DI2005070601564.html

listopencil
03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
JMO, but while Heinlein had a dim view of religion, his passion for freethinkers and individual liberty make me seriously doubt that he would get involved with or condone Hubbards' acts.

The afterword in his novel Revolt in 2100 explains it a bit more in depth. He so loathed that type of mindset he swore he would never write the novel he'd originally planned about the origins of his character the "First Prophet" Nehemiah Scudder (an American "Ayatollah".)

Yes RAH had a passion for individual liberty and a love of freethinkers but he also had a huge disdain for suckers. I would not find it hard to believe that the two had that discussion. Still, I can't see RAH getting involved with Hubbard regarding the CoS and I don't think he ever did.

melbar
03-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure who scares me here , Cruise or Scientology .Both seem wacked out beyond their mental capeabilities while possesing way to much pull.

Guru
03-16-2006, 10:06 PM
:hmmm: Tom Cruise=Antichrist :hmmm:

listopencil
03-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Tom Cruise-the man who kicked Nicole Kidman to the curb. Tom Cruise, you are a dumbass.

Guru
03-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Tom Cruise-the man who kicked Nicole Kidman to the curb. Tom Cruise, you are a dumbass.

Hey, the new Captain Obvious ROFL

listopencil
03-16-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey, the new Captain Obvious ROFL

You know, that could be a thread of it's own. Your favorite reason why Tom Cruise is a dumbass.

Taco John
03-16-2006, 10:22 PM

HOly cow! Thank God I bought that 400 GB hard drive!

Guru
03-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Damn Slag. Thanks for that link. My burner will be busy.

stevieray
03-16-2006, 10:32 PM
You know, that could be a thread of it's own. Your favorite reason why Tom Cruise is a dumbass.

reason #2: He's worried about what people watching a cartoon will think about him.

CHENZ A!
03-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Travolta:"Oh'mgod, Tom, let me in the closet."

Tom: "alright but no tricks."

Travolta: "Ohm'gawd no tricks!"

R Kelly: "I'm gonna shoot this bitch!"

Cops: "Aaaaahhh!"

SLAG
03-17-2006, 01:20 AM
OK everyone i have searched and Searched and I have finally found it..

this is the best explination of the history of Scientology as well as their beliefs.

enjoy

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1133095308/YAAFM_Episode_11_Scientology

Guru
03-17-2006, 01:27 AM

this is the best explination of the history of Scientology as well as their beliefs.

enjoy

ROFL

kregger
03-17-2006, 01:43 AM

enjoy

Funny :clap:

CHENZ A!
03-17-2006, 01:49 AM
Both Tom Cruise and Travolta have very bizarre(to me) religious beliefs, but I as a (non practicing) Catholic, have no problem with either of them, and I like their movies....

kcfanXIII
03-17-2006, 01:49 AM
I also read that he gave Katie Holmes an autographed collection of DVDs he starred in for her birthday. Unbelievable.
i didn't make it any further
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :deevee: ROFL :deevee: ROFL :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Baby Lee
03-17-2006, 05:53 AM
I got this from a friend on another site. some crazy stuff....
You're being glib. :p

Inspector
03-17-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't mean to really get into all the boring details, but does anyone know what day the mother ship arrives / departs ?

I'm trying to make some vacation plans. Thanks.

listopencil
03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
If I put my mouse in one hand and my keyboard in the other, will my E-Machine cleanse me of Body Thetans? I have to know.

SLAG
03-17-2006, 07:33 PM
If I put my mouse in one hand and my keyboard in the other, will my E-Machine cleanse me of Body Thetans? I have to know.

Only if you give me $50k to Audit you