PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Killer

kczoo
01-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyone ever read the books on this serial killer from the Bay Area in the 60,s70's? He was never caught, a really fascinating story. Well come to find out a "Zodiac" major motion picture comes out Sept 22 if any one is interested. Looks good.

John Matrix
01-20-2006, 08:49 PM
It's a David Fincher film...should be pretty f*cking good, IMO.

Nzoner
01-20-2006, 08:50 PM
I was thinking that was the same name they used for the original Dirty harry movie but then remembered it was Scorpio.

btw,thanks for the heads up I'll be looking for it.

Dunit35
01-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Interesting history. I bet that will be a pretty good movie.

Nzoner
01-20-2006, 09:02 PM

Without a doubt.

alanm
01-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I was thinking that was the same name they used for the original Dirty harry movie but then remembered it was Scorpio.

btw,thanks for the heads up I'll be looking for it.
That movie WAS based on the Zodiac killer.

Nzoner
01-20-2006, 09:25 PM
That movie WAS based on the Zodiac killer.

Except Harry killed the focker

chefsos
01-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Except Harry killed the focker

Apparently the real Zodiac felt lucky, and was.

Slayer Diablo
01-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I saw an episode of "Cold Case" a while back, and it turns out that he really was caught...police found home-made guns in this guy's house after he shot his sister in the ass (literally) with a shotgun. Upon matching the bullets with the microscopic grooves of the guns' makeshift barrels, they figured out that the guns in his house were the same ones used to kill the Zodiac Killer's victims. It took a while, but they finally got him to admit a lot of things about the murders and the letters.

--Slayer

PS Hopefully it wasn't a copycat crime with a second individual named the Zodiac Killer.

*EDIT*

PSS BTW, that should still be a good movie.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2006, 03:27 PM

Hes definately the right director for the material....I just hope its not too similiar to "Seven"

Brock
01-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I saw an episode of "Cold Case" a while back, and it turns out that he really was caught...police found home-made guns in this guy's house after he shot his sister in the ass (literally) with a shotgun. Upon matching the bullets with the microscopic grooves of the guns' makeshift barrels, they figured out that the guns in his house were the same ones used to kill the Zodiac Killer's victims. It took a while, but they finally got him to admit a lot of things about the murders and the letters.

--Slayer

PS Hopefully it wasn't a copycat crime with a second individual named the Zodiac Killer.

You are talking out your ass.

Nzoner
01-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Hes definately the right director for the material....I just hope its not too similiar to "Seven"

If it's anywhere close to Seven I'll be thrilled.That movie will be in my top 10 forever.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2006, 03:57 PM
If it's anywhere close to Seven I'll be thrilled.That movie will be in my top 10 forever.

Oh I agee...I love that movie. The last 15 minutes are classic.

Dunit35
01-21-2006, 03:58 PM

--Slayer

*EDIT*

PSS BTW, that should still be a good movie.

How come it wasnt all over the news?

Slayer Diablo
01-21-2006, 05:49 PM
How come it wasnt all over the news?

One of two reasons. The first and most likely is that they were referring to a copycat criminal who was caught. The second would be that they did run the story in the region of the killer, but hadn't run it nationwide more than a couple of times for only a few seconds each.

Hydrae
01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Umm, you do know that Cold Case is fictionalized, right? It is not a news show.

unlurking
01-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Umm, you do know that Cold Case is fictionalized, right? It is not a news show.
hahahahahahahaha

Halfcan
01-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Zodiac was never caught despite what Cold case says. And the letters were cracked by a husband and wife team. They had several suspects, but the case is officially closed.

Dunit35
01-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Cold Case is that show with the blonde girl right?

chefsos
01-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Cold Case is that show with the blonde girl right?
Yep. Kathryn Morris. Hot. But then, I'm a sucker for girls who squint when they smile.

KC Dan
01-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Zodiac was never caught despite what Cold case says. And the letters were cracked by a husband and wife team. They had several suspects, but the case is officially closed.
Grew up in California & this is correct. Slayer your a dumbazz!!!