PDA

View Full Version : A plea to Herm Edwards and Mike Solari -- one change, please!!!

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Make ONE change to the offense -- install an audible package for Trent Green. He knows this offense better than anyone on the team now, and he's a smart guy. Let him read the defense, and if what you call isn't going to work, LET HIM CHANGE IT AT THE LINE!

FloridaChief
01-21-2006, 08:32 AM
You're screaming into the void....

Short Leash Hootie
01-21-2006, 08:32 AM
without reading the initial post, I just want to ask one thing...

WHERE DO I FIND A GIRL WITH AN ASS LIKE THAT? JESUS CHRIST.

FAX
01-21-2006, 08:34 AM
As long as they don't make him point at every player on the field, lean across the line, hop, skip, shuffle, and gesticulate like a drowning arab before the ball is snapped.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:35 AM
As long as they don't make him point at every player on the field, lean across the line, hop, skip, shuffle, and gesticulate like a drowning arab before the ball is snapped.

FAX
Yeah... I agree with that. God, I hate Peyton Manning.

Frankie
01-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Make ONE change to the offense -- install an audible package for Trent Green. He knows this offense better than anyone on the team now, and he's a smart guy. Let him read the defense, and if what you call isn't going to work, LET HIM CHANGE IT AT THE LINE!
I SECOND THAT. (I third and fourth it too.)

Short Leash Hootie
01-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Play the Colts in Madden 2006 and you'll want to kill yourself...why they had to simulate his presnap audibles is beyond me.

Frankie
01-21-2006, 08:41 AM

It's a guy. Still interested?

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:42 AM
It's a guy. Still interested?
ROFL

Hootie... you interested in the avatar or the sig? ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
01-21-2006, 08:42 AM
ROFL

I'll try anything once...

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Check Brazil for the "chick" in the sig line. The avy is WAY out of your league!

nascher
01-21-2006, 08:44 AM
no change something please ! Get a capable backup RB if Priest leaves and run the Ball more like Pitt and play better defense !!!

Short Leash Hootie
01-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Check Brazil for the "chick" in the sig line. The avy is WAY out of your league!
I think she's way out of anyone's league. Christ.

milkman
01-21-2006, 08:45 AM

IT'S A FREAKIN' MYTH!

Both Al and Trent denied rumors that there wern't any audibles in the system.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:46 AM
no change something please ! Get a capable backup RB if Priest leaves and run the Ball more like Pitt and play better defense !!!
Yeah, but apparently don't let the QB change the call at the line if the defense is telegraphing a run blitz. :shake:

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 08:48 AM
I think she's way out of anyone's league. Christ.
I'll bet He could get her. :D

NewChief
01-21-2006, 09:01 AM
IT'S A FREAKIN' MYTH!

Both Al and Trent denied rumors that there wern't any audibles in the system.

There are audibles, to an extent. Trent usually has two options on any given playl. For example, if it's a run, he can read and call whether it goes right or left. On a pass, he has the ability to change the route to a hot read if he sees a blitz coming. That is a very limited audible system, though. I think what the OP is asking for is something much more extensive that gives even greater flexibility and on the fly decision making ability to Trent.

Frankie
01-21-2006, 09:02 AM
There are audibles, to an extent. Trent usually has two options on any given playl. For example, if it's a run, he can read and call whether it goes right or left. On a pass, he has the ability to change the route to a hot read if he sees a blitz coming. That is a very limited audible system, though. I think what the OP is asking for is something much more extensive that gives even greater flexibility and on the fly decision making ability to Trent.yep

Extra Point
01-21-2006, 09:15 AM
Smoke signal offense.... How fitting!

Frosty
01-21-2006, 09:55 AM
The change I would like to see is to get TonyG involved earlier. It seemed that every year, they would start the season featuring the WRs. After 4-5 weeks of struggling, they would then lean on Tony and the running game.

Also, it seemed that most of the plays to Tony were the type that would have him run downfield 5-10 yards and just stop and stand there (usually with a LB draped all over him). Other teams (San Diego and Giants) run their TEs in the middle of the field and try to hit them in stride. I can only remember a couple of times this season having Tony split the safties deep in the middle of the field.

Calcountry
01-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Play the Colts in Madden 2006 and you'll want to kill yourself...why they had to simulate his presnap audibles is beyond me.EA Sports, its in the game.

Calcountry
01-21-2006, 10:08 AM
The change I would like to see is to get TonyG involved earlier. It seemed that every year, they would start the season featuring the WRs. After 4-5 weeks of struggling, they would then lean on Tony and the running game.

Also, it seemed that most of the plays to Tony were the type that would have him run downfield 5-10 yards and just stop and stand there (usually with a LB draped all over him). Other teams (San Diego and Giants) run their TEs in the middle of the field and try to hit them in stride. I can only remember a couple of times this season having Tony split the safties deep in the middle of the field.Herm has already made it clear, LJ is the man now. <>

Frosty
01-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Herm has already made it clear, LJ is the man now. <>

Sure. All LJ, all the time.

NewChief
01-21-2006, 10:46 AM

Also, it seemed that most of the plays to Tony were the type that would have him run downfield 5-10 yards and just stop and stand there (usually with a LB draped all over him). Other teams (San Diego and Giants) run their TEs in the middle of the field and try to hit them in stride. I can only remember a couple of times this season having Tony split the safties deep in the middle of the field.

I love Tony, but I always wonder how much of his early season slump was a result of his infrequent participation in training camp. It seems like every year he's coming off an injury and still rehabbing right up until the season starts. I know for a fact that this last year his foot was bothering him more than anyone knew at the first of the year. It wasn't that the scheme didn't include him, it was that he couldn't get open, even with a linebacker in single coverage. As the year went on, he seemed to get back in his groove and become the dominant force we expect.

B_Ambuehl
01-21-2006, 11:50 AM
There are audibles, to an extent. Trent usually has two options on any given playl. For example, if it's a run, he can read and call whether it goes right or left. On a pass, he has the ability to change the route to a hot read if he sees a blitz coming. That is a very limited audible system, though. I think what the OP is asking for is something much more extensive that gives even greater flexibility and on the fly decision making ability to Trent.

That's a common audible scheme in the National football league. There's only so much time on the playclock for one thing. Another thing is if you allow a QB too much freedom he makes the coaching staff obsolete. Coaches want more control of the game not less....that's understandable with as much as they are paid and as much as they work. If you were a 55 year old man who'd spent 35 years coaching football and putting together a system would you want some 20 year old overpaid punk ****ing up and/or getting credit for the success of your offense? Additionally, the coaches end up looking like idiots when their quarterback pulls shit like Peyton manning waving the punt team off the field. Having said that, if you were gonna give any quarterback in the NFL that sort've freedom I'd pick Trent Green over anyone. Just don't expect it to happen.

Come to think of it I like the playcalling system Rich Rodriguez uses over at West Virginia. Get everybody lined up in a given formation, look at the defense, and then call the play from the sideline using hand signals. You'd have to outfit eveyrone with a playsheet on their wrist and use a numbering system...the defense would also catch on adn shift their guys after the play had been signaled in but you'd still have a lot of advantages as an offense.

NewChief
01-21-2006, 11:57 AM
That's a common audible scheme in the National football league. There's only so much time on the playclock for one thing. Another thing is if you allow a QB too much freedom he makes the coaching staff obsolete. Coaches want more control of the game not less....that's understandable with as much as they are paid and as much as they work. If you were a 55 year old man who'd spent 35 years coaching football and putting together a system would you want some 20 year old overpaid punk ****ing up and/or getting credit for the success of your offense? Additionally, the coaches end up looking like idiots when their quarterback pulls shit like Peyton manning waving the punt team off the field.

I understand that, but I also think there should be room for a QB to exploit something if he and the WRs see it and the OC just happens not to see it. Especially when that thing to exploit may only be available in a specific series. Once they go back and communicate it upstairs, the other team may have made adjustments. I agree that I don't want shit like Peyton, but I'd also like to see us use Trent's ability to read defenses, understanding of the game, and knowledge of the playbook to a greater extent, especially since that is his main strength as a QB as he gets older.

chiefsfaninNC
01-21-2006, 11:57 AM

Go to Argentina. There are asses like that everywhere. That is where I picked mine up at. She has the ass, not me.

4th and Long
01-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I love Tony, but I always wonder how much of his early season slump was a result of his infrequent participation in training camp.
He's a vet in the same system we've used for years. The man knows his role.
It seems like every year he's coming off an injury and still rehabbing right up until the season starts.
He's no spring chicken anymore and he's on the field all the damn time. Injuries are part of the game. Deal with it.
I know for a fact that this last year his foot was bothering him more than anyone knew at the first of the year.
Link to "fact"ual source, please.
It wasn't that the scheme didn't include him,
Bullshit. Did you even watch the games when Black was playing? Gonzo was forced to provide protection. Period.
it was that he couldn't get open, even with a linebacker in single coverage.
Kinda hard to get into coverage when you BLOCKING IN THE BACKFIELD!
As the year went on, he seemed to get back in his groove and become the dominant force we expect.
As the year went on, Roaf got healthy and Tony went back out into the pattern.

Funny how that works, huh?

Frankie
01-21-2006, 12:22 PM
I love Tony, but I always wonder how much of his early season slump was a result of his infrequent participation in training camp. It seems like every year he's coming off an injury and still rehabbing right up until the season starts. I know for a fact that this last year his foot was bothering him more than anyone knew at the first of the year. It wasn't that the scheme didn't include him, it was that he couldn't get open, even with a linebacker in single coverage. As the year went on, he seemed to get back in his groove and become the dominant force we expect.
Good point.

Calcountry
01-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Sure. All LJ, all the time.<>

Dunit35
01-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Play the Colts in Madden 2006 and you'll want to kill yourself...why they had to simulate his presnap audibles is beyond me.

No doubt, they take up almost the entire 40 second play clock.

DomerNKC
01-21-2006, 02:30 PM

WHERE DO I FIND A GIRL WITH AN ASS LIKE THAT? JESUS CHRIST.right next to the girl with titties like these ( see below)

Tribal Warfare
01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
ROFL

Charisma Carpenter always looks good in any angle :D

Tribal Warfare
01-21-2006, 04:06 PM
right next to the girl with titties like these ( see below)

I don't believe that's Veronica Zemonova

CoMoChief
01-21-2006, 04:08 PM

Youre a dumbass if you dont want him on your team though

milkman
01-21-2006, 04:12 PM

Then I freely admit I'm a dumbass.

I can't stand QBs that pussify in the face of defensive pressure.

And that is exactly Mangina's reaction to defensive pressure.

Fried Meat Ball!
01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
If he were a Chief, I'd seriously have to consider finding another team. I know he's a great QB, and I'll readily admit he's a GREAT quarterback, DEFINITELY going to be in the HOF... HOWEVER, I can't standing watching him play football. All of his ****ing charades drive me up the ****ing wall!

Skip Towne
01-21-2006, 09:58 PM

FAX
Did you say skip? Are you just looking for trouble?

Bob Dole
01-22-2006, 10:15 AM
right next to the girl with titties like these ( see below)

You mean the signature that will take someone stuck on dialup 10 minutes to download? :shake:

The Bad Guy
01-22-2006, 10:34 AM

The Chiefs don't need to run the ball more. If we do, LJ will last 2 years.