PDA

View Full Version : Poker situation: YOU make the call!

alnorth
01-21-2006, 07:40 PM
This poker hand happened to me today, and I'd like some feedback on how I played it. I will only show the first rounds of betting and flop, wait for some comments, and then show how it played out so that the results dont bias the commentary. I wont say if this hand was good for me, bad for me, or indifferent. (but obviously it was at least interesting in the end) What would you do? My comments wont be results-oriented, just what was running through my mind at the time.

Situation: Low buy in cheap tournament, still early. 45 entered, 35 still in it.

Seat 1: nelk (2705 in chips)
Seat 2: Yuk Foo (1510 in chips)
Seat 3: karen154 (420 in chips)
Seat 5: JVirish07 (1130 in chips)
Seat 6: pavixen (1550 in chips)
Seat 7: bhcooke (1355 in chips)
Seat 8: Hooligan70 (1640 in chips)
Seat 9: Northjayhawk (1690 in chips) <--- me

Northjayhawk : posts small blind 15

nelk: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Northjayhawk[Kc 4c]

I often fold this hand when the blinds are decent, but its early and it would only cost me 15 to play it, so what the heck.

Yuk Foo: folds
karen154: calls 30
JVirish07: calls 30
pavixen: raises 30 to 60
bhcooke: folds
Hooligan70: calls 60

Northjayhawk: calls 45

I dont remember why I called the raise. This isnt like me, but at the time I probably decided that given the cost and my chip stack it wouldnt be too bad to play.

nelk: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [7h Tc Kh]

Hmm, great. Top pair with a poor kicker, bad position, and plenty of players, just as I feared. I hate being in this situation. Oh well, time to modestly defend my Kings and see what happens.

Northjayhawk: bets 90

nelk: folds
karen154: folds
JVirish07: folds
pavixen: raises 90 to 180
Hooligan70: folds

Northjayhawk: calls 90 <--- Almost folded it here, but decided that it was still cheap enough to play.

If you would play it differently, chime in. The Turn to come later...

----------------------------------------------------

Added info:

*** TURN *** [7h Tc Kh] [Kd]

Yahtzee! I begin to think that I am not facing a King, but perhaps a flush or straight draw. I enter slow-play mode to see what my opponent does.

Northjayhawk: checks
pavixen: bets 150

At this point, I decide this is a weak bet designed to push me out and I place pavixen on a draw. I decide to push back with authority and end this hand right here with his fold.

Northjayhawk: raises 570 to 720
pavixen: calls 570

Oh, bloody hell. He wasnt pot-committed, what the f*** does pavixen have? I'm a little confused at this point as we head to the river...

-------------------------------------------

Added info:

*** RIVER *** [7h Tc Kh Kd] [Ah]

Several things run through my mind. 1) If he's on a flush draw I'm dead. 2) I dont think he is on a flush draw or he would have folded the turn, but this being Pokerstars early in a cheap tourney, its hard to say for sure. 3) Straight is also possible, but I doubt it. 4) I think I am the winner, but not too confident about it.

Northjayhawk: bets 730 and is all-in

Looking back, this may not be the correct play. pavixen has already proven he's not scared of me. Losing this hand would hurt, but I'm not totally pot-committed yet. A check or small bet probably makes more sence.

pavixen: calls 590 and is all-in

Great. Okie doke, who thinks I have won? Who thinks I need to buy "Poker for Dummies" at the local Barnes and Noble?

-------------------------------------

(read thread for final result)

jspchief
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
My first guess would put pavixen on a pocket pair that he's married to, or he had something like big slick and has top pair with a strong kicker. An additional 90 is pretty small considering your outs what you have in the pot.

I would have called too.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Once you decide to call for the pre flop raise you are in but you have to be aware of AA, AK , KQ,KK or maybe pocket pair. When you throw out the feel bet you now have to decide what u think he has. You bet representing the king and he raises eping that he isnt afraid of your king. That tels me he has you beat, but you have to call and see what he has on the enxt card because he could be popping you back just to see what you have. So I would call and on the turn bett 200 if he raises you concede and fold the hand but you have to bet enough to show him your not scared ebcause the board helped you mroe than him. He has to realize you could have been playin king 10 suited with such a small raise if he has ace king lets say.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 07:50 PM
sorry for the horrible typing but i think you can get the drift of what i was saying

robags0817
01-21-2006, 07:51 PM
So lets hear what happened........

Rausch
01-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I've lost more with pocket rockets than won.

Flush, trips, whatever. In low limit/play money asshats will call/raise with trash. There's almost no way to get a tell off the net unless you've played GuyX before or you've been at the table for a good while.

Once he met you I'd see what his bet was or check the river.

I'd prefer to save my chips for a hand I know I'll win instead of a hand I'll probably win...

alnorth
01-21-2006, 07:55 PM

Yahtzee! I begin to think that I am not facing a King, but perhaps a flush or straight draw. I enter slow-play mode to see what my opponent does.

At this point, I decide this is a weak bet designed to push me out and I place pavixen on a draw. I decide to push back with authority and end this hand right here with his fold.

Oh, bloody hell. He wasnt pot-committed, what the f*** does pavixen have? I'm a little confused at this point as we head to the river...

jspchief
01-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Once you decide to call for the pre flop raise you are in but you have to be aware of AA, AK , KQ,KK or maybe pocket pair. When you throw out the feel bet you now have to decide what u think he has. You bet representing the king and he raises eping that he isnt afraid of your king. That tels me he has you beat, but you have to call and see what he has on the enxt card because he could be popping you back just to see what you have. So I would call and on the turn bett 200 if he raises you concede and fold the hand but you have to bet enough to show him your not scared ebcause the board helped you mroe than him. He has to realize you could have been playin king 10 suited with such a small raise if he has ace king lets say.Kind of agree. The small pre-flop raise makes me think it's not a real strong pair iif he has pockets. More likely it's a weak pair, or Ace with a nice kicker, maybe suited. I'd say at worst he's probably beating you with a kicker. Calling the 90 seems like a small price.

I'd call, and come out a little stronger on your next bet. If you come out higher, it may keep him from raising, thereby saving you a little to see the river.

If he raises you again, it's time to think about cutting bait... depending on what that turn card was.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:00 PM

You have a strong hand. I think you have to play it as such. He may have called you because he felt you were trying to bully him out.

Where are you playing? Online? If it's pokerstars or party poker, the bastard is probably chasing a flush.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:01 PM
see now if you would ahve bet the turn he has to put you on a king, the check raise tells him you have a king. Hecalled in my mind I out him on a Pocket apir that flopped a set and turned a boat or he has you outkicked. Now I hope the river pairs the board and I chop, because if it doesnt you are in trouble. I probably wouldn't have check raised, only because it costs you mroe money. I would have ebt the 200 and if he calls or raises it costes you less money to fins out what he has. IN your situatiopn it costs you 720 to find out what he has. So that I would say was a mistake.

alnorth
01-21-2006, 08:02 PM
You have a strong hand. I think you have to play it as such. He may have called you because he felt you were trying to bully him out.

Where are you playing? Online? If it's pokerstars or party poker, the bastard is probably chasing a flush.

Pokerstars (known among my friends and I as Riverstars)

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:03 PM
if you bet 200 on the turn you find out what he has by a call or raise. Now he calls your raise he might still say oyu are playing king 10 against his big slick but he is gonna play it to the bone to see it so you out yourself in a bad situation. Now you have a set with A 4 kicker and the guy has lockjaw on the hand. I wouldn't suggets betting the river unless you river quads or a boat.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:04 PM
and the river is.....

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:05 PM
see now if you would ahve bet the turn he has to put you on a king, the check raise tells him you have a king. Hecalled in my mind I out him on a Pocket apir that flopped a set and turned a boat or he has you outkicked. Now I hope the river pairs the board and I chop, because if it doesnt you are in trouble. I probably wouldn't have check raised, only because it costs you mroe money. I would have ebt the 200 and if he calls or raises it costes you less money to fins out what he has. IN your situatiopn it costs you 720 to find out what he has. So that I would say was a mistake.I don't put him on the boat. If his hand was really that strong, why not come back all in after that big check raise?

Being Pokerstars, he's probably chasing a nut flush and will hit it on the river.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
no why should he go all in of he has the boat, the guy check raised him for 700 he knows he is pot committed. If he has a boat he wants him to bet again on the rievr he has position on our guy. So he can afford to just call than either raise on the river. and get more money

Rausch
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM
no why should he go all in of he has the boat, the guy check raised him for 700 he knows he is pot committed. If he has a boat he wants him to bet again on the rievr he has position on our guy. So he can afford to just call than either raise on the river. and get more money

Exactly. If he's got the nuts milk the pot...

alnorth
01-21-2006, 08:11 PM

Several things run through my mind. 1) If he's on a flush draw I'm dead. 2) I dont think he is on a flush draw or he would have folded the turn, but this being Pokerstars early in a cheap tourney, its hard to say for sure. 3) Straight is also possible, but I doubt it. 4) I think I am the winner, but not too confident about it.

Looking back, this may not be the correct play. pavixen has already proven he's not scared of me. Losing this hand would hurt, but I'm not totally pot-committed yet. A check or small bet probably makes more sence.

Great. Okie doke, who thinks I have won? Who thinks I need to buy "Poker for Dummies" at the local Barnes and Noble?

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:12 PM
no why should he go all in of he has the boat, the guy check raised him for 700 he knows he is pot committed. If he has a boat he wants him to bet again on the rievr he has position on our guy. So he can afford to just call than either raise on the river. and get more moneyBecause if the other guy has a K, he is 1 card away from a bigger boat. I make Jayhawk put his tournament life on the line to see the river. Of course, that's assuming I hit the set with my pocket pair, and playing the odds that Jayhawk didn't get a boat too.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Well I think you are beat, only because if he was chasing he hit, if he was calling he had you beat. But this is a low limit game so it could have been a horrible player calling with 99 who cant fold a pocket pair. I wouldn't be surprised. I would probably say if this guys is a poker player he has you beat. But for your sake I hope I'm wrong.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM

Great. Okie doke, who thinks I have won? Who thinks I need to buy "Poker for Dummies" at the local Barnes and Noble?I dunno. You ****ed yourself by going so strong on the check raise. You almost have to go all in now, or you show weakness.

The mistake you made was back when you check raised. You should have just called, or not raised so damn much.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:15 PM
no way if you flopped a set and turned a boat you do not play scared like that you must play the odds and the odds of him rivering a boat are bad, you just call and raise him on the river if he has the boat

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:16 PM
yesthe mistake in the hand was the check raise. a bet on the turn lets you know what he has for less money. and also doesnt commit you to the hand

Rausch
01-21-2006, 08:16 PM
The online tourneys I play only payout to top 3.

That said, I'm not risking an all in or calling one until you're talking final 5 or 4. With 9 left? No way I'd risk my whole stack.

Then again, I'm super conservative...

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:17 PM
lets hear it what happened

alnorth
01-21-2006, 08:19 PM
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Northjayhawk: shows [Kc 4c] (three of a kind, Kings)
pavixen: shows [As Ac] (a full house, Aces full of Kings)
pavixen collected 3340 from pot

Wow. I didnt read that one at all. pavixen played it fairly well, he had no idea that he was down to only two outs to win. I had him beat on the turn, but that doesnt justify my check-raise.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking he's not after the flush.

The pre-flop raise tells me he'd have had the Ah already if he didn't have pocket pairs.

My guess is he's married to a samller pocket, has a king with a nice kicker, or hit the set/boat.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:21 PM
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Wow. I didnt read that one at all. pavixen played it fairly well, he had no idea that he was down to only two outs to win. I had him beat on the turn, but that doesnt justify my check-raise.His small pre-flop bet would have thrown me from Aces.

I would have lost on that hand too. I just wouldn't have lost all my chips doing it.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
see that is a huge mistake with poker players who are bad. They refuse to fold good hands even when they think they are behind. they can't lay down those hands, and when you play online it just so happens that you lose like that alot. Their is nothing you can do there, but if you bet the turn instead of check raise you are on damage control, and than maybe if you bet again on the river and he goes all in you fold putting him on a higher kicker with the king and you fold anyway. but still have about 900-1000 in chips left enough to make a move.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:23 PM
but that is just how I would have played it I am not a bad poker player I have won about 15 tourneys in Atlantic City but I am far from being an expert.

alnorth
01-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I wanted to post this situation in this fashion because if people read the whole thing before commenting about it, they would just notice that I had it won for most of the hand and suffered a bad beat.

However, if you toss the end result as irrelevant, and look at my moves bet by bet, I began to see mistakes that would have otherwise been ignored.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:30 PM
alnorth you didnt play it bad In my opinion just one mistake that didn't cost you the hand because he wasn't going to fold all the mistake did was make you lose more money but it's not like you missed a bet or bet too little which allowed him to fish and beat you. There was nothing you could have done differently to make him fold his hand.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
alnorth you didnt play it bad In my opinion just one mistake that didn't cost you the hand because he wasn't going to fold all the mistake did was make you lose more money but it's not like you missed a bet or bet too little which allowed him to fish and beat you. There was nothing you could have done differently to make him fold his hand.Exactly. Like I said, I would have lost on that hand too.

Your only mistake was not respecting what he might have had. It's one thing to play a good hand strong. It's something else to risk it all on a beatable hand.

John Matrix
01-21-2006, 08:35 PM
I would put him on a KQ suited, of course not the flush suit.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:39 PM
wow john you narrowed it down to that exact hand that would be amazing , but usually in poker you try to out him on about 3-5 hands. ery rarely can you put him on an exact hand

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:40 PM
in that specific hand I had him on AK/AA/KK/KQ/KJ OR small pocket pair kq was a possibility but you can't put him on that exact hand

John Matrix
01-21-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm just saying what my gut told me from reading the preflop action and henceforth.

robags0817
01-21-2006, 08:47 PM
i hear ya........hey don't you have some poop to be pickin up..lol

Rausch
01-21-2006, 09:21 PM
see that is a huge mistake with poker players who are bad. They refuse to fold good hands even when they think they are behind. they can't lay down those hands, and when you play online it just so happens that you lose like that alot. Their is nothing you can do there, but if you bet the turn instead of check raise you are on damage control, and than maybe if you bet again on the river and he goes all in you fold putting him on a higher kicker with the king and you fold anyway. but still have about 900-1000 in chips left enough to make a move.

That was my problem for a long time. I'm still a poker n00b but I'd like to think I'm learning quickly.

A good hand is only great odds to win, not a lock to win.

I lost two nights ago with AA to 2-4. Flop was like 2-7-4. He went all in and I called. How could you not?

Turn was a 2. River was a 4.

That still chaps my ass...

luv
01-21-2006, 09:29 PM
That was my problem for a long time. I'm still a poker n00b but I'd like to think I'm learning quickly.

A good hand is only great odds to win, not a lock to win.

I lost two nights ago with AA to 2-4. Flop was like 2-7-4. He went all in and I called. How could you not?

Turn was a 2. River was a 4.

That still chaps my ass...
I had a hand a few days ago. J-4. Flop was J-4-8. I was like, "Cool. Two pair." Then the last card was a 4 also. I'm thinking, "Awesome! FH, 4's full of Jacks." I was a dork and went all in. The bum who called was holding a pair of Jacks, so he won. FH, Jacks full of 4's. :banghead:

Placed fourth due to that azzhole. I hate placing fourth! :cuss:

Fat Elvis
01-21-2006, 09:33 PM
pavixen is prolly a chick. fwiw. Not that matters in terms of the hand, but you keep calling that person a "he" when any "xx"vixen is in all probability female.

Knowing your luck, it was prolly JDs wife who just beat you.

John Matrix
01-21-2006, 09:58 PM
If it makes any of you feel better, I went to Vegas last year and in one night had KK get cracked 3 times...by KJ suited....Q4 offsuit....and AQ...

The AQ is about 35 percent to win, but I got the guy to committ all his money after the flop, which was queen high, in which case he had 5 outs twice, slightly lower odds, even...I ended up getting rivered w/ a queen

Those were some tough beats, but sometimes you get lucky too.

carlos3652
01-21-2006, 10:39 PM
This poker hand happened to me today, and I'd like some feedback on how I played it. I will only show the first rounds of betting and flop, wait for some comments, and then show how it played out so that the results dont bias the commentary. I wont say if this hand was good for me, bad for me, or indifferent. (but obviously it was at least interesting in the end) What would you do? My comments wont be results-oriented, just what was running through my mind at the time.

Situation: Low buy in cheap tournament, still early. 45 entered, 35 still in it.

Seat 1: nelk (2705 in chips)
Seat 2: Yuk Foo (1510 in chips)
Seat 3: karen154 (420 in chips)
Seat 5: JVirish07 (1130 in chips)
Seat 6: pavixen (1550 in chips)
Seat 7: bhcooke (1355 in chips)
Seat 8: Hooligan70 (1640 in chips)
Seat 9: Northjayhawk (1690 in chips) <--- me

Northjayhawk : posts small blind 15

nelk: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Northjayhawk[Kc 4c]

I often fold this hand when the blinds are decent, but its early and it would only cost me 15 to play it, so what the heck.

Yuk Foo: folds
pavixen: raises 30 to 60
bhcooke: folds
Hooligan70: calls 60

Northjayhawk: calls 45

I dont remember why I called the raise. This isnt like me, but at the time I probably decided that given the cost and my chip stack it wouldnt be too bad to play.

nelk: calls 30
*** FLOP *** [7h Tc Kh]

Hmm, great. Top pair with a poor kicker, bad position, and plenty of players, just as I feared. I hate being in this situation. Oh well, time to modestly defend my Kings and see what happens.

Northjayhawk: bets 90

nelk: folds
karen154: folds
JVirish07: folds
pavixen: raises 90 to 180
Hooligan70: folds

Northjayhawk: calls 90 <--- Almost folded it here, but decided that it was still cheap enough to play.

If you would play it differently, chime in. The Turn to come later...

----------------------------------------------------

Added info:

-------------------------------------------

Added info:

-------------------------------------

(read thread for final result)

Ok... I havent read the added info yet, and I want to see how close I came,

*I want to add that it would be very hard to get a read unless you are playing the game and you see how this guy usually bets.

- First of all K4 clubs is a fold from the start especially if there is a raise. No questions ask. (only time this is playable is BB no raise, or SB while blinds are small, and no raise. NO FOLD IS A BAD FOLD! - Just because you hit the flush, straight or boat after you fold doesnt mean it was a bad fold, the odds arent in your favor.

But If I were to play these, I would call the 45 to make it 60.

FLOP: Would definitely not bet from your position. Check through, wait till some one bets. Call if I feel confortable with the person that bets, or if there is a lot of callers (pot odds). - I would only call minimum bet, anything higher I am out.

It seams to me, that when he raised you, he is representing either of the following:

Pocket Pair* (AA)
A Set*
Two pair*
Top pair w/ better kicker
Heart Draw
Straight Draw

*what I think he has - I think he is raising to protect against the flush or the straight.

If you think your hand is better at this point than his, you re-raise. (If I were playing I would have folded, too early to lose this much money, you only have $150 invested, $90 of it was dumb - get out while you can)

- Hope I can look back at this and say I was close and didnt look like a fool.

jspchief
01-21-2006, 10:43 PM
The more I think about that hand...

He had to make a stupid call to beat you. You bet big on the second K, and he should have put you on 3 kings, which beat's his two pair. For him to call in that situation was stupid.

I don't think you played the hand right, but he had to make a dumb call to see the river.

carlos3652
01-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Ok, I finally read the thread and everyone has good advice...

Trip K is hard to fold, but again, you shouldnt of played that hand to begin with.

He was protecting himself from the Flush/Straight Draw. Once the turn came out, he should have folded on your re-raise - But some players that play cards cant fold AA. I would have dropped those in a heart beat. - Sometimes playing poorly and getting lucky is your best bet... My guess is that he didnt win though...

Both of you made critical mistakes (always leave yourself outs), of course someone has to win, but the winner will be taken down by someone later...

carlos3652
01-21-2006, 10:52 PM
Ok... I havent read the added info yet, and I want to see how close I came,

*I want to add that it would be very hard to get a read unless you are playing the game and you see how this guy usually bets.

- First of all K4 clubs is a fold from the start especially if there is a raise. No questions ask. (only time this is playable is BB no raise, or SB while blinds are small, and no raise. NO FOLD IS A BAD FOLD! - Just because you hit the flush, straight or boat after you fold doesnt mean it was a bad fold, the odds arent in your favor.

But If I were to play these, I would call the 45 to make it 60.

FLOP: Would definitely not bet from your position. Check through, wait till some one bets. Call if I feel confortable with the person that bets, or if there is a lot of callers (pot odds). - I would only call minimum bet, anything higher I am out.

It seams to me, that when he raised you, he is representing either of the following:

Pocket Pair* (AA)
A Set*
Two pair*
Top pair w/ better kicker
Heart Draw
Straight Draw

*what I think he has - I think he is raising to protect against the flush or the straight.

If you think your hand is better at this point than his, you re-raise. (If I were playing I would have folded, too early to lose this much money, you only have $150 invested, $90 of it was dumb - get out while you can)

- Hope I can look back at this and say I was close and didnt look like a fool.

I was very close, I even stopped reading at after the Flop... those are the hands you wish you would have folded to begin with...

Iowanian
01-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Since you were playing Pokertards, and I've seen enough stupidity, and polished turd boats.....and flat moronic play, I'd have called the initial preflop with Khigh suited.

I'd have been nervous of the kicker, but his bet was pretty weak for a strong hand.

My thoughts, given that its pokertards, is that he had a small pocket pair, or something like A-7 and couldn't lay it down.

Once he called your reraise, I'd have been wondering if he hit a small set with his pocket pair, put you on the Ks and had a boat.

I probably would not have gone all in on the river....given pokertards, he could have just thought he caught his A high 2 pair.

***seeing the results....I DON'T think the other guy played his cards very well early. Particularly on pokertards, I've seen too many times my big hands have been taken down by Turds that ended up being a gutshot strait...or 37o turning into 2pr, or a 4runner flush.

I always bet my pairs higher than 9, at least 3 times blinds...unless everyone else has folded but bb or sb.
I don't know what the book says, but thats what I do.

robags0817
01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
One thing that like to do while playing pokerstars when I feel the play is abd which happens a lot is I install my own anti-horrible poker playing style. Everytime I have top pair beat I go all in. I cannot tel you how many times I get called with top pair and a 3 kicker. That is how you take these call stations money is go all in when you have top pair beat and they will call. It usually works I would say about 85% of the time. The only thing is folding hapens alot more, but you ar at leats winning and you dont let anyone fish.

Iowanian
01-22-2006, 12:46 PM
I just got KO'd from a tourn...45 man....I got beat with rockets for half stack, next hand..I get AKhrt....1 guy raises, I go all in....he had 22.

yeah...22 held.

skye22f
01-22-2006, 12:57 PM
I just got KO'd from a tourn...45 man....I got beat with rockets for half stack, next hand..I get AKhrt....1 guy raises, I go all in....he had 22.

yeah...22 held.

Yeah, 22's a favorite.

I'd give advice, but I'm not much for MTTs so I'm probably wrong.

I don't think the pf call is awful with a deep stack and a bunch of callers, your implied odds are quite good.

I think you need to just check/push the turn. That may be awful because in MTTs I don't know anything.

Go buy the book Kill Phil, I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this book. When I get sick of cash games, I'm going to work on my tournament game.

Also, try the party 10+1 SNGs. So easy. Shorter stacks than stars make it play even easier (but more luck based.)

skye22f
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I had a hand a few days ago. J-4. Flop was J-4-8. I was like, "Cool. Two pair." Then the last card was a 4 also. I'm thinking, "Awesome! FH, 4's full of Jacks." I was a dork and went all in. The bum who called was holding a pair of Jacks, so he won. FH, Jacks full of 4's. :banghead:

Placed fourth due to that azzhole. I hate placing fourth! :cuss:

For real. That guy probably cost you 20 or 30 dollars in play money!

skye22f
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Wow. I didnt read that one at all. pavixen played it fairly well, he had no idea that he was down to only two outs to win. I had him beat on the turn, but that doesnt justify my check-raise.

Yes it does. You were a huge favorite.

luv
01-22-2006, 02:50 PM
For real. That guy probably cost you 20 or 30 dollars in play money!
**** off.