PDA

View Full Version : Which is preferable concerning those hated Donkeees

InvisibleCloudBein
01-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Would you rather Team Rat win tomorrow and keep the Dec. 4th game where the CHIEFS beat them (and their "great" run D) in Arrowhead as happened, or trade so the Donks had won that game in December but would lose to the Steelers tomorrow. Does that make sense?

Saying nothing about the Roman Numeral Bowl if they do win, this is just a "what if" scenario involving them playing in the SB (er, say hello to your Superbowl XL champion Carolina Panthers, with SB MVP Steve Smith making Champ cry from shame after 150 and 2TDs in Detroit, if somehow the Steelers fork it up tomorrow, if you ask me :-) ).

What would be better for Chiefs fans hypothetically? The sweep by them would suck for months until revenge next fall, but a home playoff loss to supposed AFC CG choker coach Cowher would be pretty sweet. I say no trade, have them win tomorrow and the Arrowhead win stays as is. Although, I'm not sure of my answer if the question involves trading our win for 2 more wins for Team Ratface. 3 SB in a decade is pretty much a nightmare, since this one would presumably be more fair and square than the other 2.

What do you guys think? (BTW, I'm pretty much a lurker, but my one friend who loves Horse Teeth and the Donks was out with us tonight. He mentioned he would rather have been swept by the chiefs and win the superbowl than have swept the Red and Gold and lose the Superbowl. He them said he would not trade a sweep of KC for a loss tomorrow. So just got home, little drunk, and decided to put this to the online nation of Chief fans). Hope the poll works...

Go Steelers,
ICB

Miles
01-22-2006, 01:54 AM
Better draft position and Denver not making it to the SB seems obvious.

Dunit35
01-22-2006, 01:59 AM
Better draft position and Denver not making it to the SB seems obvious.

agreed.

chefsos
01-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Given the choice, I think I'd keep the Dec. 4 win, even if it meant a SB win for the Donks. What they do from here on out doesn't matter to me, they're in the playoffs and we're not. Facts are facts. I figure whenever they're done the slate is clean and we're all 0-0 in 2006.

Besides, I don't want to lose 2 straight and 3 of 4 to those bastids on purpose.

Miles
01-22-2006, 02:09 AM
Besides, I don't want to lose 2 straight and 3 of 4 to those bastids on purpose.

Dunno, I think that would be a lot easier to deal with than Denver fans bringing up going to the SB this season (and even worse a win). Thats just a bit bigger deal that losing to a conference rival.

Bringing up the point that we spit games with them this season wouldn't exacly hold up their winning the SB.

chefsos
01-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Dunno, I think that would be a lot easier to deal with than Denver fans bringing up going to the SB this season (and even worse a win). Thats just a bit bigger deal that losing to a conference rival.

Bringing up the point that we spit games with them this season wouldn't exacly hold up their winning the SB.

You're probably right, but I look at it like this:

Option 1: If they come back here with a couple of playoff wins and a conference title, or even waving a Lombardi trophy, we will have at least competed with them on the field.
Option 2: If they go to the playoffs and beat the defending champions after dominating the Chiefs in the regular season, we'd have no leg to stand on, other than laughing at another playoff defeat for them.

Miles
01-22-2006, 02:44 AM
You're probably right, but I look at it like this:

Option 1: If they come back here with a couple of playoff wins and a conference title, or even waving a Lombardi trophy, we will have at least competed with them on the field.
Option 2: If they go to the playoffs and beat the defending champions after dominating the Chiefs in the regular season, we'd have no leg to stand on, other than laughing at another playoff defeat for them.

You don't hear much about the Dolphins win against NE last season or the Bill and Redskins beating them the year before. The regular season couldn't be more meaningless when comparing wins against a SB winner.

Just think of how useful that win against OAK was during their run to a SB birth.

chefsos
01-22-2006, 03:48 AM
You don't hear much about the Dolphins win against NE last season or the Bill and Redskins beating them the year before. The regular season couldn't be more meaningless when comparing wins against a SB winner.

Just think of how useful that win against OAK was during their run to a SB birth.

In the big picture, and from the outside looking in, yes, absolutely. What happens to any playoff team, or even a champion, in the regular season becomes irrelevant because they got to the playoffs anyway.

From the narrowed down perspective of Chief fan vs. Bronco fan regarding this poll however, I'd still choose the win over Denver as opposed to seeing them lose to Pittsburgh Sunday. The Donkeys' playoff fortunes mean little to me now, because we're spectators rather than competitors at this point.

And that win made me all tingly like. :)

JBucc
01-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Since we didn't make the playoffs I wouldn't really care if they swept us if it means they don't get to the super bowl. Sure there'd be some trolls if they swept us, but imagine the surge of dipshits if they weant to the SB? No thanks.

ChiefsCountry
01-22-2006, 06:56 AM
F Dungver. Both options suck.

Braincase
01-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Where's the "Denver Caught Up In Transvestite Prostitute Scandal; Shanahan Caught With Skirt Up" option?

Ebolapox
01-22-2006, 07:23 AM
I'll take 'neither: f*ck denver' option, bob

-EB-