PDA

View Full Version : What a ride...

Taco John
01-23-2006, 01:23 AM
Got in from the disappointing game. Thought I'd come in and satisfy those who want to dish me up a heaping serving of misery... I deserve it.

One thing is for sure... The better team won yesterday. I think we're getting a Superbowl with the two hottest teams in football, and believe it'll be a real treat. I'm looking forward to rooting on the Bus, though it's hard to turn my back on my Northwest compadres who are so hungry for a Superbowl. Whoever wins, it'll be a great story. I'm looking forward to seeing it play out.

As far as the Denver game goes, I believe it would have been a different game if one or two things would have been different in the first quarter, but you play the hand you're delt. And that's one thing that I'm mostly proud of today... They didn't fold. They kept fighting back and trying to make something out of a bad situation.

I believe we can build from this game. Our team got some precious playoff experience, including a win over the World Champs. And at the end of the day, the road to the Superbowl went through Denver.

Anyway, let the pile on begin...

Cochise
01-23-2006, 01:26 AM
As much as I hate the steelers they deserve it.

I almost felt a smidgen of empathy for you donko fans at that last turnover, getting so close to the superbowl and falling short.

Then I remembered that you have seen them win more super bowls than I'll see us win in my lifetime so I rewound the DVR and started looping it to the tune of my maniacal laughter.

Naw really... you appear in the conf. championship you got nothing to be ashamed of.

John Matrix
01-23-2006, 01:28 AM
At least you are able to come over here and conduct yourself with class after a tough loss. I'm not going to pile on, it sucks enough to lose, after all, I am a Chiefs fan--us making fun of people for playoff failure doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 01:44 AM
I'll tell you what... Despite losing, I had the time of my life this week. An unexpected home game... The win against the Pats... The tailgating scene... keeping in it despite things looking bleak... It was a ride...

And the Steelers fans were a riot. We'd talk junk, but then get friendly and give eachother thanks for us beating the Patriots and them being the Colts. Several times, I'd hear "Man, you guys are some of the friendliest fans we've ever been around, we're glad it's us an you because we could root for you to represent the AFC if you win." The feeling was mutual.

Despite them beating us, I think our two fan bases walked away with a mutual respect for eachother. I'd never really experienced anything like it. I suspect it's unique to Championship games. I hope to get to more of them in the future to test the hypothesis...

Count Zarth
01-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Taco, were you disheartened by Plummer's four turnovers? It almost seemed like a nightmare repeat of the last two years against Indy.

I thought you guys were going to get back in it after the kickoff return but Plummer's INT sucked all the momentum away.

RINGLEADER
01-23-2006, 02:39 AM
Denver FAR exceeded the expectations of most this season and simply ran into a team with a huge amount of momentum. Sounds like you had a great time and you're right...if not for one terrible throw at the end of the first half you'd have been in it down to the wire.

The Broncos are certainly the team we love to hate...but you're definitely the fan we hate to love Taco...

The new season can't get here fast enough...

Chiefs_Fan_n_64081
01-23-2006, 02:39 AM
You are so full of sh*t Taco.
The Browncos fans are not friendly. In fact it's asswipes like you that often spoil the whole football experience.
I know you are trying to be magnanimous, and wishing to appear as a level headed patron of comradery, but quite frankly you deserve to come close and end up short.

Watching Denver lose today just further illustrates that you can't polish a turd.

...and believe it buddy when I say that Denver is a turd.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Taco, were you disheartened by Plummer's four turnovers? It almost seemed like a nightmare repeat of the last two years against Indy.

I thought you guys were going to get back in it after the kickoff return but Plummer's INT sucked all the momentum away.

Absolutely. The fumbles, I can halfway forgive. That's a tough gig againt that defense running around like that with Porter on your ass. The interceptions though were straight up dumb throws from the field view that I had. They looked to me like Plummer trying to force it where there was nothing.

That kickoff return was beautiful. That interception was, sadly, classic Plummer... not new and improved Plummer. New and improved Plummer only seems to be able to come out when we have a lead. I don't know how you work on that, but I think that's the next step. At the very least, the guy got us into the playoffs three years in a row, and showed great strides this season. I think I'm willing to give him another year to work out the kinks.

|Zach|
01-23-2006, 02:48 AM
The Browncos fans are not friendly. In fact it's asswipes like you that often spoil the whole football experience.
I know you are trying to be magnanimous, and wishing to appear as a level headed patron of comradery, but quite frankly you deserve to come close and end up short.

Watching Denver lose today just further illustrates that you can't polish a turd.

Eh I had a blast at Invesco and met a lot of cool people when I went to watch the Chiefs there a few years back.

What are you basing your experiences on? Message boards? :hmmm:

Count Zarth
01-23-2006, 02:50 AM
It's good to see you're not slurping up Plummer like the rest of the Mane seems to be doing. I imagine you want to bring in another QB for competition or something.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 02:51 AM

Hey, I make it a point to get to Denver KC games in Denver each year. You're welcome to stop and say hi for a beer anytime. Pretty much anyone is. We'll crack one, along with some friendly smack for anyone willing to have a drink and crack some smack back.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 02:56 AM
It's good to see you're not slurping up Plummer like the rest of the Mane seems to be doing. I imagine you want to bring in another QB for competition or something.

Well, I want that any year, regardless of who's quarterback, and have wanted it ever since we had Bubby Brister on the team. Hell it goes back to Musgrave. I don't understand Shanahan when it comes to quarterbacks... Well, I do. He thinks he and Kubiak are pedigree enough to groom any quarterback into a game winner, and they try to save money on the cap that way... And they do a decent enough job of it... Hell, we almost beat New England with Danny Kanell last season... But Shanahan has shown signs of improvement in that area. Last year he tried to bring in Jeff Garcia... I wouldn't be suprised to see him make the same type of overtures with another veteran, and maybe even draft a rookie.

I like Plummer. He's such a hard working, likable guy. I'd run through a wall for the guy, just for the effort he puts out there. The dude tries so hard, but has a knack for panicking and disrupting his mental rhythm because of it. It's frustrating to see such a good guy struggle so much.

Count Zarth
01-23-2006, 02:57 AM
I like Plummer. He's such a hard working, likable guy. I'd run through a wall for the guy, just for the effort he puts out there. The dude tries so hard, but has a knack for panicking and disrupting his mental rhythm because of it. It's frustrating to see such a good guy struggle so much.

I feel the same way about Gunther....

kcfanXIII
01-23-2006, 04:36 AM
i was all ready to start heaping it on. to see an afc west rival fall in the playoffs, gives me just enough satisfaction. i've found many denver fans to be arogant, but it wouldn't piss me off so bad if they didn't have a reason to be. anyways, taco you have said the right things here to make me feel bad for talking shit, so i won't. good season, not wishing you luck next year though. this is still the broncos and the chiefs we're talking about.

Andoverer
01-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Be afraid, very afraid when you finish 13-3 at the end of the regular season. It's a good season you had, better than I ever would have expected out of the Donx this year.

Over-Head
01-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Got in from the disappointing game. Thought I'd come in and satisfy those who want to dish me up a heaping serving of misery... I deserve it.

My team went 4-12 :banghead: can't see me dishing out much of anything this season.
Anyway, have fun geting stomped next year :evil:

Ari Chi3fs
01-23-2006, 05:36 AM
no shit... good ride, Taco.

btw, has any 13-3 team EVER won the superbowl?

OldTownChief
01-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Man what an embarrassing showing your boys put on display in front of the home crowd. It's too bad about all the booing.

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 06:08 AM
I'll tell you what... Despite losing, I had the time of my life this week. An unexpected home game... The win against the Pats... The tailgating scene... keeping in it despite things looking bleak... It was a ride...

And the Steelers fans were a riot. We'd talk junk, but then get friendly and give eachother thanks for us beating the Patriots and them being the Colts. Several times, I'd hear "Man, you guys are some of the friendliest fans we've ever been around, we're glad it's us an you because we could root for you to represent the AFC if you win." The feeling was mutual.

Despite them beating us, I think our two fan bases walked away with a mutual respect for eachother. I'd never really experienced anything like it. I suspect it's unique to Championship games. I hope to get to more of them in the future to test the hypothesis...

You keep bringing up beating the Pats......guess what, you weren't the first to do it.

You should be discussing the embarassing display at home where you team got there asses handed to them.

Hog Farmer
01-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Well , Taco I really feel bad for you Denver fans :deevee:. Please see avatar.

I guess this would be a good time to pile on but I won't ROFL.Please see avatar.

I really feel bad also because I was hoping your plane would crash. Please see avatar.

The worst part is that your stuck with a Quarterback that will never be able to get past a team with a defense. Please see avatar.

I just want you to know that YOUR DONKEYS SUCK!

Hog Farmer
01-23-2006, 06:35 AM
OH yea,I almost forgot! HA HA HA HA HA HA.

ct
01-23-2006, 06:45 AM
No piling on from me, you had a helluva season. You should be proud. Just glad to see the Flake returned! :)

Cormac
01-23-2006, 06:56 AM
At the very least, the guy got us into the playoffs three years in a row, and showed great strides this season. I think I'm willing to give him another year to work out the kinks.

TJ,

You'll regret saying that. Plummer just plain sucks. How many chances has he had? A QB either has "it" or he doesn't. And Plummer doesn't. He was better this year, but he had the shortest leash on him since Trent Dilfer in 2000. He learned to "manage" the game a bit, but that's not good enough on the big stage. He'll always make that huge mistake. He's just like Grbac that way (except for the "nice guy" part....). He'll never win a SB. As long as he's in Denver it makes me feel better, so it shouldn't give you the warm fuzzies. Again, he (and your team) overachieved this year, IMO, but Plummer wasn't up to snuff against a good defense.

JMO, of course.

Bowser
01-23-2006, 07:04 AM
Congrats making the Championship game. All of us Chiefs fans would be lying if we said we weren't jealous.

As for the game, Plummer's performance wasn't really suprising. What was, was the play of your D. They showed Lynch hobbling around a good portion of the game, and he was ineffective as a blitzer. Apparently as goes Lynch goes your D. It was just a real bad day for old Plummer and the D-Line of the Browns to show back up.

Again, congrats. 2006 is going to be quite interesting in the AFC West.

morphius
01-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Well when you are basically handed one victory in the playoff's were Plummer was anything but impressive, it seemed only fair that he should play as well as he has the entire last half of the season. Listening to the wankers on the pregame shows talking up Plummer like he know had it figured out was almost laughable, yet later was completely hysterical.

But hey, congrats on being a part of history, the first Donx's team to lose an AFC West championship game and the first team to allow the 6th seed to walk into the playoff's. For these are the things that this team will be remembered for.

joesomebody
01-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Don't feel bad TJ, it was a great season for you guys. One in which you weren't expected to do nearly as well as you did.

The Steelers are for real, as they've proven time and again this year.

Props to you for coming here to take your lumps.

Skip Towne
01-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Aand Taco steals upon the Planet under cover of darkness then stealthily slips away. What a surprise.

Ugly Duck
01-23-2006, 07:46 AM
Denver got too dang close for comfort this season. The major knock on them was that the only reason they even have 2 SB Championships was that they had Elway. Thats the only thing that kept them a second-tier franchise in NFL legend. They durn near moved up this season.... one game away from a "2006" banner hanging at Pilehigh. One game away from taking the smell of Elway off of their SB rings and quieting the rival fanz. Kudos for stomping on our "No Postseason Wins Since Elway" mantra as we breathe a sigh of relief that the Donks didn't go all the way. That was just too dang close.....

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 07:48 AM
You should be discussing the embarassing display at home where you team got there asses handed to them.

Uhh..are you talking about the 2003 Chiefs? I don't think Chiefs fans have any place to talk about a horrible home performance in the playoffs. We've done it one too many times, especially in recent memory.

I can assure you there isn't one Chiefs fan in here that would be saying the same things about the Chiefs that TJ is saying about his Broncos. Put our team in the same boat, and we'd be saying, "atleast we got a playoff victory," "atleast we beat the defending champs," "atleast we made it to the AFC championship," etc, etc.

I'll tell you, as bad as the Broncos looked yesterday, they still had a chance had it not been for a couple costly mistakes by Plummer. Also, if Bailey comes up with that pick 6, TJ would most likely be celebrating a SB appearance. Not only would it have given Denver the early lead, but also fired up the home crowd, pumped up the D, and made big Ben a nervous reck for atleast the next few plays. Denver was stopping the run, but couldn't do $hit with the pass (man that sounds familiar). If big Ben's confidence is shot for awhile, who knows what their offense does in the first half.

Anyways, I think it's pretty stupid that some people think they have room to talk crap on the Broncos performance yesterday. I guess it's a nice way to forget about who we root for for a little bit and have fun putting other team's fans down. The truth of the matter is, the ones who do are just jealous the Chiefs came no where close to what the Broncos did this year. Chiefs fans can only dream about things the Broncos have done in the history of their franchise. That's what's sad.

morphius
01-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Uhh..are you talking about the 2003 Chiefs? I don't think Chiefs fans have any place to talk about a horrible home performance in the playoffs. We've done it one too many times, especially in recent memory.

I can assure you there isn't one Chiefs fan in here that would be saying the same things about the Chiefs that TJ is saying about his Broncos. Put our team in the same boat, and we'd be saying, "atleast we got a playoff victory," "atleast we beat the defending champs," "atleast we made it to the AFC championship," etc, etc.

I'll tell you, as bad as the Broncos looked yesterday, they still had a chance had it not been for a couple costly mistakes by Plummer. Also, if Bailey comes up with that pick 6, TJ would most likely be celebrating a SB appearance. Not only would it have given Denver the early lead, but also fired up the home crowd, pumped up the D, and made big Ben a nervous reck for atleast the next few plays. Denver was stopping the run, but couldn't do $hit with the pass (man that sounds familiar). If big Ben's confidence is shot for awhile, who knows what their offense does in the first half.

Anyways, I think it's pretty stupid that some people think they have room to talk crap on the Broncos performance yesterday. I guess it's a nice way to forget about who we root for for a little bit and have fun putting other team's fans down. The truth of the matter is, the ones who do are just jealous the Chiefs came no where close to what the Broncos did this year. Chiefs fans can only dream about things the Broncos have done in the history of their franchise. That's what's sad.
So we can't point out the flaws in another team because they had a better record then us this year? Sure, that's gonna stop people... We could turn it around and say without some of the most horrible calls in playoff history we would have been watching NE and the Steelers this week.

I love it when people assume that picking apart one team equates to the fact that it must mean that our team doesn't have issues.

Mr. Kotter
01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Pretty classy TJ. I'm pleasantly surprised. :hmmm:

The Steelers definitely deserved it though. Shanny and your boys had a good year; certainly, you have more to cheer about than we do.

On the other hand, Shanny has made his bed with Plummer; and, sorry, but he's just not a consistent playmaker. He's a guy, that with a good D and running game, you can "hide." He's a high risk, high reward guy who can not give you the four or five consistent games one needs to make it to the big enchilada. In fairness, our Defense has been even MORE of an achiles heel: and we aren't threatening anyone until that improves.

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
So we can't point out the flaws in another team because they had a better record then us this year? Sure, that's gonna stop people... We could turn it around and say without some of the most horrible calls in playoff history we would have been watching NE and the Steelers this week.

I love it when people assume that picking apart one team equates to the fact that it must mean that our team doesn't have issues.

Very true, but I guess what I'm really asking is, what does it accomplish? What does picking apart another team's crappy performance in a game and rubbing it in TJ's face accomplish? I think all it does is help Chiefs fan's escape from their own misery for just a little bit. Other than that, all I can figure is that some of you just like putting others down for the sake of putting them down. IDK?

Frazod
01-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Hope you like the little change to your signature block.

Wonder who thought of that? :evil:

morphius
01-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Very true, but I guess what I'm really asking is, what does it accomplish? What does picking apart another team's crappy performance in a game and rubbing it in TJ's face accomplish? I think all it does is help Chiefs fan's escape from their own misery for just a little bit. Other than that, all I can figure is that some of you just like putting others down for the sake of putting them down. IDK?
Well, see that is where the catch is. What good does it really do to talk about our own team on a BB? Players, coaches, GM's don't really care what we say here, it doesn't make our team any better or any worse. If it had been the Steelers who had put up the performance the Donk's did in the playoff's I would be saying that they suck ass as well. Basically if I can't talk about another teams football games, why watch any football when the Chiefs season is over?

|Zach|
01-23-2006, 08:32 AM
What does any of this "accomplish" in message board world?

|Zach|
01-23-2006, 08:32 AM
Aand Taco steals upon the Planet under cover of darkness then stealthily slips away. What a surprise.
At least he showed up at some point during his teams tough loss...right Skip?

Lzen
01-23-2006, 08:37 AM
All I have to say is..........

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

Kerberos
01-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Man what an embarrassing showing your boys put on display in front of the home crowd. It's too bad about all the booing.

I seem to remember one TrINT Green getting a healthy dose of boooing his first year in KC. Of course he has overcome allot of his adversity and Plummer just keeps adding more chapters to his own! :D

Then again I remember allot of boooing in the Elvis Grbac and Steve Bono years as well. :hmmm:

Of course this is about Plummer and his dumb ass thinking. He deserved it somewhat IMO.

Phobia
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
Good show, TJ. I'll bet you guys had an absolute blast right up until halftime.

I think you guys were robbed. You obviously deserved to win and also win the SuperBowl. It's really too bad that you got screwed out of another Lombardi.

KChiefs1
01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Pittsburgh deserves to win the Super Bowl this year...they'll have beaten the three best teams in the AFC & the best team in the NFC if they win the Super Bowl(which I think they will)...no one can deny the Steelers had an easy road to the World Championship this year that's for damn sure!

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 09:35 AM
are you ignorant and can you not read? What has 2003 Chiefs have to do with the 2005 donkeys? We are talking to RIVAL teams fans. It goes around and comes around

What does coulda shoulda woulda mean to you? The thing is they didn't do crap because the better team out coached, out schemed, out played a team who thought all they had to do is show up because they were playng agaisnt the 6th seed. Bronco's had a gift given to them against NE.
They had to EARN this game and didn't.

Get out of here with the self righteous stuff. You obviously haven't been around here long enough to see what the fans of the Chiefs have had to endure from the likes of Taco.

Inspector
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Jake played a wonderful game that was a pleasure to watch.

I'm glad he is doing the job for your team.

Those refs surely screwed up and cost you the game. Dang refs!

Oh and yeah, I sure wish the Chiefs would make it to the playoffs. They just aren't good enough.

BigMeatballDave
01-23-2006, 09:41 AM

:clap: ROFL

greg63
01-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Well TJ, I won’t say: "I told ya Jake the Fake would crash and burn.", because that would just be un-classy. :D

ROYC75
01-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Meh, a colossal failure is what it is.............. right.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 09:59 AM

What? You didn't think I was going to check the thread in the morning?

You're an odd duck sometimes Skip...

greg63
01-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Meh, a colossal failure is what it is.............. right.

The truth; you do speak.

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 10:12 AM
[/b]
Get out of here with the self righteous stuff. You obviously haven't been around here long enough to see what the fans of the Chiefs have had to endure from the likes of Taco.

Hmm..probably because his team is a helluva lot better than ours when we talk about playoff appearances (17), playoff victories (17), SB appearances (6), and SB victories (2). Compare that to the Chiefs numbers: 14, 7, 2, and 1 respectively. I guess my whole reason for saying this is that we, as chiefs fans, really have no room to talk crap on another teams performace in a playoff game. When was the last time our team performed well in a playoff game? 1993? 13 years ago. Wow..quite impressive. Yeah, yeah..your team really sucks Taco..

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Hmm..probably because his team is a helluva lot better than ours when we talk about playoff appearances (17), playoff victories (17), SB appearances (6), and SB victories (2). Compare that to the Chiefs numbers: 14, 7, 2, and 1 respectively. I guess my whole reason for saying this is that we, as chiefs fans, really have no room to talk crap on another teams performace in a playoff game. When was the last time our team performed well in a playoff game? 1993? 13 years ago. Wow..quite impressive. Yeah, yeah..your team really sucks Taco..

First off, I didn't say his team sucks.....what I said was that his team got their asses handed to them in this LAST game.

again, you fail to recognize all the dynamics. You really think he came here with this post for any other reason other than to rub in the fact that HIS team played yesterday while the Chiefs didn't. You don't know that troll very well.

Feel free to cheer them on all you want. I am sure their bandwagon lost a few on that bump yesterday.

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 10:19 AM
I'll take Colossal Failures for $1,000, Alex.

Nzoner
01-23-2006, 10:20 AM

As much as I despise Shannon Sharpe he said something on sirius the other day that when thought about is all that really matters.

Paraphrased'At the end of it all if you're not on the team that all the confetti is coming down on and hoisting the trophy,you still lost.'

Inspector
01-23-2006, 10:24 AM

It probably has more to do with the perception that Taco likes to "rub it in our faces" at times more than the respective teams accomplishments or lack thereof.

While I admit that the Bronco's have had better records than the Chiefs (over all for quite awhile), I also have to admit that there is some pleasure for some of us seeing the Bronco's get crushed. It's like one of those "what goes around, comes around" things.

Taco seems like an OK guy for the most part, but he and some of his fellow Bronco fans have come around to "rub it in our faces" on more than one occasion. Watching his team get hammered is a little like payback for those occasions and gives us a little feeling of joy seeing it happen.

And yeah, they had a better year and a better record, blah, blah.....That does not negate the pleasure of seeing them crash and burn, especially considering the history of TJ and some of his (and other Bronco's fans) posts.

That's what I think anyway.

And don't forget, this is JMO.

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 10:47 AM
It probably has more to do with the perception that Taco likes to "rub it in our faces" at times more than the respective teams accomplishments or lack thereof.

While I admit that the Bronco's have had better records than the Chiefs (over all for quite awhile), I also have to admit that there is some pleasure for some of us seeing the Bronco's get crushed. It's like one of those "what goes around, comes around" things.

Taco seems like an OK guy for the most part, but he and some of his fellow Bronco fans have come around to "rub it in our faces" on more than one occasion. Watching his team get hammered is a little like payback for those occasions and gives us a little feeling of joy seeing it happen.

And yeah, they had a better year and a better record, blah, blah.....That does not negate the pleasure of seeing them crash and burn, especially considering the history of TJ and some of his (and other Bronco's fans) posts.

That's what I think anyway.

And don't forget, this is JMO.

I guess I see your point. I suppose it does all come back to me being new to CP and not experiencing Taco that much. Not knowing what he's done to you other CP'ers in the past, I couldn't/didn't understand how a Chiefs fan could talk smack to a Broncos fan about his teams playoff performance, considering how the Chiefs have performed in recent memory. I assumed/still assume that most of it comes about because of jealousy, but who knows. I mean, ask yourself this: Would you rather the Chiefs lost yesterday to the Steelers at Arrowhead, or the Broncos losing to the Steelers in Denver? I would much rather prefer the first one and have a jackass like TJ or another Broncos fan giving us crap for the loss, because in the end, I will (and he too) will have realized that it was our team that was ultimately better than the other this year, thus making his/others comments pretty stupid. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Frazod
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
This actually made me laugh so hard that my eyes are watering. ROFL

Skip Towne
01-23-2006, 10:58 AM
What? You didn't think I was going to check the thread in the morning?

You're an odd duck sometimes Skip...
Not so odd. You do the same thing every time. Sneak in late at night for 5 minutes then disappear with only a hit and run like this one.

FAX
01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
As much as I despise Shannon Sharpe he said something on sirius the other day that when thought about is all that really matters.

Paraphrased'At the end of it all if you're not on the team that all the confetti is coming down on and hoisting the trophy,you still lost.'

The Pulitzer will look great next to Shannon's football trophys.

FAX

StcChief
01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Not a very good game on O or D by Donxs.

Steelers deserve it. Got give them credit.

Jake the Fake re-appeared just as expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has a challenger at QB next year.

ROYC75
01-23-2006, 11:59 AM
This actually made me laugh so hard that my eyes are watering. ROFL

OK, mine wasn't funny, but it was still the truth.

Comedy is not my game .......

Cormac
01-23-2006, 12:03 PM
The Pulitzer will look great next to Shannon's football trophys.

FAX

ROFL

That's what I was thinking.

God, I hate that wanker.

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I guess I see your point. I suppose it does all come back to me being new to CP and not experiencing Taco that much. Not knowing what he's done to you other CP'ers in the past, I couldn't/didn't understand how a Chiefs fan could talk smack to a Broncos fan about his teams playoff performance, considering how the Chiefs have performed in recent memory. I assumed/still assume that most of it comes about because of jealousy, but who knows. I mean, ask yourself this: Would you rather the Chiefs lost yesterday to the Steelers at Arrowhead, or the Broncos losing to the Steelers in Denver? I would much rather prefer the first one and have a jackass like TJ or another Broncos fan giving us crap for the loss, because in the end, I will (and he too) will have realized that it was our team that was ultimately better than the other this year, thus making his/others comments pretty stupid. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

also don't forget.....this is a troll hanging on a Chiefs board. He knows what he is doing and what he is going to get in return.

I don't go to the Mange and say squat about how good or bad their team is....

You seem a little bit like a Denver fan to me

Chief Faithful
01-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Chiefs fans can only dream about things the Broncos have done in the history of their franchise.

That is crap. The Chiefs have a very rich history they just have not had recent success in the playoffs. Until Elway the Browncow's had only one noteworthy year. That is why Chiefs fans remind Donkey fans if you take away Elway they have nothing.

Chiefs verse the stupid little ponies has developed into a great rivalry and no mule fan should expect any sympathy from Chiefs fans. Yesterday's choke job by the Brownco's was a wonderful thing. And Jake the Fake is everything as advertised when he came from the Cardinals.

Chief Henry
01-23-2006, 01:36 PM
That is crap. The Chiefs have a very rich history they just have not had recent success in the playoffs. Until Elway the Browncow's had only one noteworthy year. That is why Chiefs fans remind Donkey fans if you take away Elway they have nothing.

Chiefs verse the stupid little ponies has developed into a great rivalry and no mule fan should expect any sympathy from Chiefs fans. Yesterday's choke job by the Brownco's was a wonderful thing. And Jake the Fake is everything as advertised when he came from the Cardinals.

I'm as big a Chiefs fan as the next guy, but DUNGVER has had so much more SUCCESS than our beloved KC CHiefs over the last 35 YEARS it makes me want to PUKE. I'm not going to go into a long drawn out
speel about it, but DUNGVER has ate our lunch when it comes to SUCCESS in the NFL if you look at what counts...Playoff wins and the
Superbowls.

Chief Faithful
01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm as big a Chiefs fan as the next guy, but DUNGVER has had so much more SUCCESS than our beloved KC CHiefs over the last 35 YEARS it makes me want to PUKE. I'm not going to go into a long drawn out
speel about it, but DUNGVER has ate our lunch when it comes to SUCCESS in the NFL if you look at what counts...Playoff wins and the
Superbowls.

Depends on what you define as success. Yes, during the Elway years Denver had more success in the playoffs, but not a better record in the 90's. Before Elway the Chiefs had more success. Since Elway Dungver has had only a little more suceess. That is why truth hurts Denver fans when you remind them Elway is gone.

Denver currently has a better defense, but Jake is a Fake and I don't feel guilty or hypocritical in reminding them of that fact. Yesterday the better team won.

FAX
01-23-2006, 02:23 PM

I found another Shannon Sharpe quote on this subject, Mr. Nzoner 338.

"Mfub ma footbah whem differem tems plah toowim."

Thought you might be interested.

FAX

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 02:25 PM
You seem a little bit like a Denver fan to me

Not even close. I just didn't/still can't understand how a Chiefs fan could/can talk $hit about how the Broncos played in their playoff game yesterday considering how $hitty the Chiefs have been in the playoffs in recent history. That's all.

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Not even close. I just didn't/still can't understand how a Chiefs fan could/can talk $hit about how the Broncos played in their playoff game yesterday considering how $hitty the Chiefs have been in the playoffs in recent history. That's all.

'We' can talk crap because we are fans. Celebrating a sports rivals defeat regardless of past championships, playoffs, et al, is a natural occurrence.

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 02:31 PM
Depends on what you define as success. Yes, during the Elway years Denver had more success in the playoffs, but not a better record in the 90's. Before Elway the Chiefs had more success. Since Elway Dungver has had only a little more suceess. That is why truth hurts Denver fans when you remind them Elway is gone.

Denver currently has a better defense, but Jake is a Fake and I don't feel guilty or hypocritical in reminding them of that fact. Yesterday the better team won.

I simply define success by looking at how many playoff appearances both teams have made, how many playoff games they've won, how many SB appearances they've made, and how many SB appearances they've won. Denver beats us in every single one of those categories. It doesn't matter who led them there, Elway or no Elway. They had Elway for so many years, and we didn't. Period. We can't bitch about that fact. Plus, last time I checked, football is a team sport. No one guy can win a game for his team.

FAX
01-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Whoever said, "Football is a team sport", never met Shannon Sharpe.

FAX

Halfcan
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
At least you are able to come over here and conduct yourself with class after a tough loss. I'm not going to pile on, it sucks enough to lose, after all, I am a Chiefs fan--us making fun of people for playoff failure doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense.

Yeah why don't you conduct your own post with some kind of class, you piece of Dogshit.

Tough loss Taco-I must say you are taking it like a man. We can't say much over here, our season sucked. Good luck next year!

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 02:38 PM

I stand corrected.........you sound like a fan who has had a Denver fan beat the crap out of them on the school yard.

Several have tried to clear up your vision problem.....no success.

You SEE it the way you want......I will see it the way I want.
You have no business being critical of others views.

Chief Faithful
01-23-2006, 02:42 PM
I simply define success by looking at how many playoff appearances both teams have made, how many playoff games they've won, how many SB appearances they've made, and how many SB appearances they've won. Denver beats us in every single one of those categories. It doesn't matter who led them there, Elway or no Elway. They had Elway for so many years, and we didn't. Period. We can't bitch about that fact. Plus, last time I checked, football is a team sport. No one guy can win a game for his team.

If you are looking for props from me for Denver you are not going to get it. Yesterday they choked and Jake the Fake will never be equal to Elway. If Denver fans are too thin skinned to take crap from a Chiefs fan then they can stay on the Mange.

thebrad84
01-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I stand corrected.........you sound like a fan who has had a Denver fan beat the crap out of them on the school yard.

Several have tried to clear up your vision problem.....no success.

You SEE it the way you want......I will see it the way I want.
You have no business being critical of others views.

That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense. Aren't you being critical of my view? Isn't that what arguing is all about, especially when it's all opinion, like most arguements are on CP? You should have just left it at the..."You See it the way you want......I will see it the way I want." But saying I have no business being critical of others views..to that I say, why the hell not?

King_Chief_Fan
01-23-2006, 03:00 PM
That makes a whole hell of a lot of sense. Aren't you being critical of my view? Isn't that what arguing is all about, especially when it's all opinion, like most arguements are on CP? You should have just left it at the..."You See it the way you want......I will see it the way I want." But saying I have no business being critical of others views..to that I say, why the hell not?

You can have your view.........you were critical of mine and then I gave you shit for it. Call it your view without relating it to mine.....donkey fan

kcfanXIII
01-23-2006, 03:06 PM

FAX
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL: ROFL ROFL ROFL :thumb:

Nzoner
01-23-2006, 03:10 PM

FAX

From one asshat to another,thanks,I appreciate it :D

Bearcat
01-23-2006, 04:08 PM

Sounds a lot like my experience at Arrowhead against the Colts... besides the expectations part. Had a great time despite the outcome, it helped that we kept it close so the crowd stayed in it, and all the Colts fans I saw afterwards said they had a great time & that Arrowhead is an awesome experience.

Good times.

Taco John
01-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Sounds a lot like my experience at Arrowhead against the Colts... besides the expectations part. Had a great time despite the outcome, it helped that we kept it close so the crowd stayed in it, and all the Colts fans I saw afterwards said they had a great time & that Arrowhead is an awesome experience.

Good times.

It was a great experience that I'd wish for everybody. Even in a heartbreaking loss. I'd love to have experienced the win, but there's no up if there's no down, ya know?

KC Dan
01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
It was a great experience that I'd wish for everybody. Even in a heartbreaking loss. I'd love to have experienced the win, but there's no up if there's no down, ya know?
I know the feeling all too well but always have enjoyed myself tremendously. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself and that is all that matters. Though, I was pleased at the donkey's & your loss!

Boyceofsummer
01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
was very easy. Having said that I feel that the Steelers are the right team at the right time. Good luck.

Bearcat
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM

I've grown accustomed to the Chiefs hype around here, so I'm sure it's a different experience when you're not normally around all the Broncos fans. I'd obviously love to see a few more playoff games at Arrowhead, but I'd really like to make a playoff roadtrip one day, since I've never been to another NFL stadium.

Count Zarth
01-23-2006, 05:10 PM

Exactly!

I always think about how good it will feel when it finally happens for KC.

Garcia Bronco
01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
What a great season and a hell of a season by Jake Plummer...he did a great job this year. I'm damn proud of him and the rest of the team...we just fell short against a good team that bet us squarely. We had no answer for Big Ben yesterday and when we got down Jake Plummer was running for his life and made some sweet plays. Hopefully next year we'll take it further. I tell you this though...I wouldn't want anybody else quarterbacking our team

Mr. Kotter
01-23-2006, 05:50 PM
What a great season and a hell of a season by Jake Plummer...he did a great job this year. I'm damn proud of him and the rest of the team...we just fell short against a good team that bet us squarely. We had no answer for Big Ben yesterday and when we got down Jake Plummer was running for his life and made some sweet plays. Hopefully next year we'll take it further. I tell you this though...I wouldn't want anybody else quarterbacking our team

A quote from Don Banks of SI, that completely puts Plummer in perspective, IMO:

Now that was the Jake Plummer I've been waiting all season for in a big game. Two interceptions. Two fumbles lost. Three sacks. And 21 points created by the Steelers off his turnovers. The notion of a "new'' mistake-free Plummer got a lot of play this season, but I kept insisting I'd have to see him do it in the playoffs before I was convinced that his days of poor decision-making and costly turnovers were in the past.

Guess what? They're not.

To my way of thinking, you had a great season. Really. But it was despite Fake/Flake Plummer. When your QB isn't asked to do much, because you can run the ball and have a decent Defense....well, you can hide an average QB.

:)

cdcox
01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Speaking of your ride, I think it broke:

Garcia Bronco
01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
A quote from Don Banks of SI, that completely puts Plummer in perspective, IMO:

To my way of thinking, you had a great season. Really. But it was despite Fake/Flake Plummer. When your QB isn't asked to do much, because you can run the ball and have a decent Defense....well, you can hide an average QB.

:)

He's right....but notice now the stipulation is the "Big Game"...used to be "every game"...I'm just wondering what it could be next year.

FAX
01-23-2006, 06:08 PM
He's right....but notice now the stipulation is the "Big Game"...used to be "every game"...I'm just wondering what it could be next year.

You raise a very interesting point, Mr. Garcia Bronco. In all seriousness, it can be said that Jake had more "good" games this year than in years past. Now, I'm wondering the same thing you are.

Will he continue to improve the consistency of his play, or will this experience reinforce the sub-conscious demons that tell him to press?

It will, indeed, be interesting to watch.

FAX

Bowser
01-23-2006, 06:10 PM
You raise a very interesting point, Mr. Garcia Bronco. In all seriousness, it can be said that Jake had more "good" games this year than in years past. Now, I'm wondering the same thing you are.

Will he continue to improve the consistency of his play, or will this experience reinforce the sub-conscious demons that tell him to press?

It will, indeed, be interesting to watch.

FAX

Agreed. Everyone will have eight in the box, and linebackers running in off the corners to stop the bootleg. The 64 dollar question is - Can Plummer Become an Efficient Pocket QB?

KC-Chef
01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Sorry I got in on this thread late. Was out of town.

I agree.. we had a great season. Props to the Broncs for stickin in there all year.

The Steelers were way too much for us this weekend and that was clear. The defense was massive. Jake had no place to throw the ball all day. The passes he did complete were strikes thrown in heavy coverage. He had junk in his face all day.

They played like we should have on defense and like we have played the rest of the year. The blitz they threw in on us was awesome and our defense just looked confused all day. Big Ben had open easy targets most of the time.

I will say that I am sort of tired of hearing the Jake Interception deal. He is a Q.B. and it's going to happen, especially when he has a defense that completely overruns his offensive line on every play. The fumbles were nothing he could do about. Jake Plummer didn't lose this game.. it was a team effort. Steelers just plain outclassed us and were better prepared for the game of the day.

Congrats to the Steelers and hopefully they bring home an AFC Superbowl!!

Mr. Kotter
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM

That's fair. He still has a few years to try to pull it off, if the rest of your team can hang around.

cdcox
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
He had junk in his face all day.

Too much information.

KC-Chef
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Too much information.

lol

Sorry bout that. Maybe what Jake was thinkin as well.

DTLB58
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
You went 13-3 and lost at home in the playoffs.

Big freaking deal. We have done that 3 times in the past 10 years.

No special ride there that I see.

savedin79
01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
You ended up just like the Chiefs. LOSERS!

beer bacon
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM

There is an up? Being a fan of the Chiefs, Royals, and Mizzou sports I wouldn't know about that.

DomerNKC
01-23-2006, 09:24 PM
nice job getting to the championship game. the superbowl journey was ( dude, sorry i gotta do it ) IN-COM-PLETE!!!!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
01-23-2006, 09:28 PM

Chuckle.

Or we can take the "Jake is only as good as his OLine for a daily double.