PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Steelers...

Gaz
01-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Given the performance of the Chiefs this year, I have no right to throw smack at the Broncos.

I am just glad that they are not going to the Super Bowl.

xoxo~
Gaz
Less miserable than before.

siberian khatru
01-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Gaz
[/size][/font]

Nice Victor Hugo reference.

Ari Chi3fs
01-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Amen brother Gaz.

If my memory serves me, I have seen 5 Broncos superbowls... [6 counting the one as a toddler]

and... I have seen zero Chiefs superbowls. I prayed to God to not allow another Denver superbowl appearance until the Chiefs get one...

He gave us another reprieve... Im so thankful and grateful.

Gaz
01-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Nice Victor Hugo reference.

Heh.

xoxo~
Gaz
Underestimated the literary acumen of the Planet.

ct
01-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Here Here!! Very good season for Denver, just thankfully not great.

morphius
01-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Plus I'm glad that the team whose spot we would have had in the playoff's actually did something with it.

Andoverer
01-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Plus I'm glad that the team whose spot we would have had in the playoff's actually did something with it.

:clap:

Living vicariously through the Steelers isn't great, but it will do until next year. I am grateful the Donx aren't at the big dance. Another observation is that now of all the current and former AFC west teams we have the longest dry spell of being absent from the Superbowl.
Man that hurts.

morphius
01-23-2006, 08:09 AM
:clap:

Living vicariously through the Steelers isn't great, but it will do until next year. I am grateful the Donx aren't at the big dance. Another observation is that now of all the current and former AFC west teams we have the longest dry spell of being absent from the Superbowl.
Man that hurts.
Yup, its a shame we were not in the NFC :D

Oh well, sadly I'm starting to get used to the feeling.

tomahawk kid
01-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Amen brother Gaz.

If my memory serves me, I have seen 5 Broncos superbowls... [6 counting the one as a toddler]

and... I have seen zero Chiefs superbowls. I prayed to God to not allow another Denver superbowl appearance until the Chiefs get one...

He gave us another reprieve... Im so thankful and grateful.

Isn't that the truth?

I'm not sure if this franchise (Chiefs) is cursed, stupid, lazy or all of the above, but the Browcows SuperBowl appearances are hard to argue with.

Considering the fact that I haven't seen a playoff win since my freshman year of HIGH SCHOOL, color me jaded......

Andoverer
01-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Oh well, sadly I'm starting to get used to the feeling.

I :cuss: :cuss: NEVER get used to the feeling

Otter
01-23-2006, 08:25 AM
Living in PA I have many friends who are Steelers Fans and, unlike the Eagles, Iíve grown quiet fond of the Steelers over the years.

In the 90ís they were a mirror image of the Chiefs style of play and I canít help but like Cowher, The Bus, Ward, and that animal of a strong safety they have in Troy Polamalu.

Wow is that guy is good.

Where am I going with this, hell I donít know, itís Monday morning and Iím still not awake. The only other team Iíd rather see in there is the Chiefs and actually liking the team that just knocked the donx out of getting to the big game makes it that much sweeter.

Go Steelers!!!

Iowanian
01-23-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't really care for the steelers to say it mildly, however yesterday's crushing should make my trip to colorado in Feb far more tollerable.

Inspector
01-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Last week and yesterday, I was a Steelers fan.

They have given me reason to cheer for 2 weeks in a row.

Thanks Steelers!

Hoover
01-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Heh.

xoxo~
Gaz
Underestimated the literary acumen of the Planet.

Great Book, took me liek 18 years to read it.

redhed
01-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Never underestimate the power of a great D.

~XOXO
Trying Gazaway style

chiefs4me
01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes, thank you steelers and thank you god for showing me you are not a bronco fan........PBJ

bogie
01-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Yes, it was great weekend for sports. Thank you Pitt, now go Seattle.

chiefs4me
01-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Never underestimate the power of a great D.

~XOXO
Trying Gazaway style

are you sending those kisses and hugs to GAZ??????????:hmmm:

redhed
01-23-2006, 12:22 PM
are you sending those kisses and hugs to GAZ??????????:hmmm:

They're 4 everybody!!

chiefs4me
01-23-2006, 12:30 PM
They're 4 everybody!!

even sual....

redhed
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
even sual....

Sure, I guess...I've got an unlimited supply! ;)

Reaper16
01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Great Book, took me liek 18 years to read it.
Javert > all

Rogcop_3121
01-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Jake Plummer faultered bad yesterday, he cannot perform when it is on the line. Jake Delhomme repeated his aweful performance. Plummer was way off.

Mike in SW-MO
01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I always root for the AFC when I watch the Super Bowl.

Bless Bill Cowher and the Steelers for letting me watch the game this year.

No way I could have rooted for the Broncos.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Jake Plummer faultered bad yesterday, he cannot perform when it is on the line. Jake Delhomme repeated his aweful performance. Plummer was way off.
Delhomme was on his #4 RB in that game and had no pass protection to speak of. Hell, on one play the Seabags rushed 3 D linemen and *2* of them got to Delhomme in under 2 seconds. How the f**k does that happen?

Plummer just finally showed his true colors again.

Calcountry
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Plus I'm glad that the team whose spot we would have had in the playoff's actually did something with it.Perhaps, having the Chiefs nipping at their heals, STEELED their focus for this run.

Maybe they can return the favor next year. :D

Calcountry
01-23-2006, 01:11 PM
I loved that one audible, where they put the back right up in the A gap. Too bad the WR lined up wrong.

Take that Shanarat, greatest coach my ass.

chiefs4me
01-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Sure, I guess...I've got an unlimited supply! ;)

well then, rep for you

Chief Henry
01-23-2006, 01:35 PM
I've wanted Bill Cowher as our head coach for along time. His Steelers just play hard nosed football.
SInce they beat the DONKS that makes him and the Steelers my 2nd favorite team.

I wish we could have had 1/2 of the Steel Curtain the past four seasons.

Denver can lick my dirty white boy boals.

greg63
01-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Given the performance of the Chiefs this year, I have no right to throw smack at the Broncos.

I am just glad that they are not going to the Super Bowl.

xoxo~
Gaz

Oh, throw all the smack you want; they would. :D