View Full Version : That Ref is a Jackass

B2chiefsfan
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM
No.........

I believe it's a Zebra......

:toast:

Scorp
01-23-2006, 11:04 AM
That is one of the funniest Budweiser commercials I have seen.

Dunit35
01-23-2006, 11:10 AM
That is a hilarious commercial. I give it a 10.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I think it's remotely entertaining.

Or at least I did until my 4 year old started calling people jackasses. The NFL is going to have to watch that s**t because if it gets any worse guys like me won't be able to have it on all day. I love watching the games but I'm not going to expose my kids to a bunch of crap like that.

I must admit, however, it's awefully telling who that commercial is meant to entertain by looking at those of you who really like it.

greg63
01-23-2006, 12:03 PM
What does that say for what Budweiser thinks about the intelligence of farmers/ranchers?

Calcountry
01-23-2006, 12:06 PM

Or at least I did until my 4 year old started calling people jackasses. The NFL is going to have to watch that s**t because if it gets any worse guys like me won't be able to have it on all day. I love watching the games but I'm not going to expose my kids to a bunch of crap like that.

I must admit, however, it's awefully telling who that commercial is meant to entertain by looking at those of you who really like it.Is this your first kid?

Baby Lee

I must admit, however, it's awefully telling who that commercial is meant to entertain by looking at those of you who really like it.
That reminds me, is this normal or do my friends have some kind of savant on their hands. Their son is 2 years, 3 months old. On NewYears Eve, they explained that he had become a 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' nut. To demonstrate their point, he walked around the crowd with a bucket on his head, big sunglasses, and a x-mas wrapping paper tube for a cane [his vision of JohnnY Depp's Wonka], pronouncing 'I'm the Chocolatier!!' His mom stated that a couple of weeks prior he spontaneously told her he wanted a 'Quesadilla' when they were at QDoba.
Do most 2yos have that kind of vocab?

jidar
If there weren't a ton of self-righteous assholes spewing bullshit, it wouldn't be the internet.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:10 PM
Is this your first kid?
I have two, but the 4 year old is my first. The other is two.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:11 PM
That reminds me, is this normal or do my friends have some kind of savant on their hands. Their son is 2 years, 3 months old. On NewYears Eve, they explained that he had become a 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' nut. To demonstrate their point, he walked around the crowd with a bucket on his head, big sunglasses, and a x-mas wrapping paper tube for a cane [his vision of JohnnY Depp's Wonka], pronouncing 'I'm the Chocolatier!!' His mom stated that a couple of weeks prior he spontaneously told her he wanted a 'Quesadilla' when they were at QDoba.
If you speak to them like adults, they speak back like adults. My 4yo has a better vocabulary than most teen-agers I've met recently.

Bob Dole
01-23-2006, 12:16 PM
That was a beer commercial?

Bob Dole thought it was a clip from Brokeback Mountain or something.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:17 PM
If there weren't a ton of self-righteous assholes spewing bullshit, it wouldn't be the internet.
It's 2:00 in the afternoon. In my house calling someone a "jackass" isn't acceptable. Anyone under the age of 14 who sees that commercial probably isn't going to get the pathetic attempt at humor, they're just going to see some redneck sitting on a fence calling someone a jackass. IMO opinion the commercial is funnier if they show the horses, the replay, the horses, the replay, then in the final frames pan back and show the "ref" under the hood is a zebra.

"This ref is a jackass".
"No, I think he's a zebra."

NO S**T CLITUS? THAT'S A ZEBRA? YOU BEEN HANGIN' OUT AT THAT THERE ZOO THINGY EDUMATIN' YOURSELF AGAIN?!

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 12:23 PM

When my son was about the same age...he was BIG into dinosaurs. His favorite was the Parasouralophous and he could pronounce it and identify it in the book. He could also identify the Triceratops and the T-Rex among others. While he did understand the difference between the carnivours and herbivours, he didnt know those words so the carnivours were called 'scary' dinasours and herbivours were 'happy' dinosaurs.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:28 PM
When my son was about the same age...he was BIG into dinosaurs. His favorite was the Parasouralophous and he could pronounce it and identify it in the book. He could also identify the Triceratops and the T-Rex among others. While he did understand the difference between the carnivours and herbivours, he didnt know those words so the carnivours were called 'scary' dinasours and herbivours were 'happy' dinosaurs.
ROFL Scary and happy, eh? Now THAT is funny. Jackass. <-(inserted that for the intellectuals among us)

I taught my daughter the differences between coniferous and deciduous trees and how to tell them apart when we were hiking at Ernie Miller's when she was 3. They can learn just about anything you're willing to teach them.

Reaper16
01-23-2006, 12:32 PM
They can. I was reading early into age 2.

Baby Lee
01-23-2006, 12:33 PM
ROFL Scary and happy, eh? Now THAT is funny. Jackass. <-(inserted that for the intellectuals among us)

I taught my daughter the differences between coniferous and deciduous trees and how to tell them apart when we were hiking at Ernie Miller's when she was 3. They can learn just about anything you're willing to teach them.
I guess people develop at different rates. I consider myself relatively bright, and I didn't even know of the existence of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until I read the book, and have no recollection of knowing sh!t about dinosaurs, trees, etc., until I learned to read for myself.
OTOH, my dad took it upon himself to read a story my Grandma usually read to me when I over at her house when I was like 2, the tell me my dad took some liberties with the story, and I told him flat out he 'didn't know how to read very good.'

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 12:40 PM
OTOH, my dad took it upon himself to read a story my Grandma usually read to me when I over at her house when I was like 2, the tell me my dad took some liberties with the story, and I told him flat out he 'didn't know how to read very good.'
Yeah, my daughter caught me skipping pages in a book one night when I was in a hurry to get back to work. She was really young at the time.

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 12:43 PM
I guess people develop at different rates. I consider myself relatively bright, and I didn't even know of the existence of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until I read the book, and have no recollection of knowing sh!t about dinosaurs, trees, etc., until I learned to read for myself.

To this day, I dont know how he learned of the Parasouralophous (Im not even sure if Im spelling it right), but he could say a number of them. I think what helped was Jurassic Park or one of it's sequels was big when he was that age, around 1997, and then the animated series 'Land Before Time' was big on the cartoon channels.

I dont know that I had any big interests when I was that age besides eating dirt.

Dunit35
01-23-2006, 01:12 PM

I dont think so. I just learned how to say quesadilla last week. Maybe its because I'm stupid.

Baby Lee
01-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I dont know that I had any big interests when I was that age besides eating dirt.
I really was a bit of a dunce until we moved in 3rd grade. my interests at our old house was;
the big wheel, graduating to the green machine, graduating to the bicycle.
Hot wheels
The Evel Kneivel rev-up Motorcycle
Playing doctor with neighborhood girls.
No interest in school. No interest in reading. May have had something to do with my 1st grade teacher making an example out of me for my mom buying regular Elmer's glue, instead of Elmer's school glue. She made me put some regular glue on a piece of yarn, while she put school glue on another piece. Then making me try to wash the regular glue out of the yarn in front of the class the next day.
I woudn't say the teaching was so much better at my new school. But the fresh start jump started me, as I was in 'Gifted and Talented' by 4th grade.

KCTitus
01-23-2006, 01:26 PM
...he big wheel, graduating to the green machine, graduating to the bicycle.
Hot wheels
The Evel Kneivel rev-up Motorcycle
Playing doctor with neighborhood girls.

I never got a green machine and was insanely jealous of one of my friends who had one but didnt appreciate it as the fine piece of bad ass machinery it was. I think I got to ride it twice and I was a natural--alas my green machine talents went wasted because my parents were not there to witness the deftness with which I operated that machine.

Baby Lee
01-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I never got a green machine and was insanely jealous of one of my friends who had one but didnt appreciate it as the fine piece of bad ass machinery it was. I think I got to ride it twice and I was a natural--alas my green machine talents went wasted because my parents were not there to witness the deftness with which I operated that machine.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008431G.01.PT02._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
http://www.springfield-shopper.de/Main/Smilies/p4.gif

PWNT!!!

ENDelt260
01-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Good Lord... you have to have a helmet to ride a big wheel now?

B2chiefsfan
01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Good Lord... you have to have a helmet to ride a big wheel now?

A big wheel!!!!! A freaking big wheel!!!!!!

ILChief
01-23-2006, 02:20 PM

This coming from the person with an avatar of a Sesame Street character holding a firearm.

Simplex3
01-23-2006, 03:30 PM
This coming from the person with an avatar of a Sesame Street character holding a firearm.
Yes, which my children don't see. And if YOUR children are hanging around here that avatar is going to be the least of your worries.

SNR
01-23-2006, 04:49 PM
It's 2:00 in the afternoon. In my house calling someone a "jackass" isn't acceptable. Anyone under the age of 14 who sees that commercial probably isn't going to get the pathetic attempt at humor, they're just going to see some redneck sitting on a fence calling someone a jackass. IMO opinion the commercial is funnier if they show the horses, the replay, the horses, the replay, then in the final frames pan back and show the "ref" under the hood is a zebra.

"This ref is a jackass".
"No, I think he's a zebra."

NO S**T CLITUS? THAT'S A ZEBRA? YOU BEEN HANGIN' OUT AT THAT THERE ZOO THINGY EDUMATIN' YOURSELF AGAIN?!The joke is that when the guy says "that ref is a jackass" the other guy thinks he's refering to that of the donkey variety.

I try to be helpful in anyway I can :p

Baby Lee
01-23-2006, 04:55 PM
That'd be like Syracuse without the chicken wings.

I think you mean Buffalo.

No, . . ah think it's chicken.

He's right. It's chicken. . . spicy chicken.