PDA

View Full Version : End of Season Depression

vailpass
01-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Let me first say that the Steelers beat my Broncos yesterday and beat them bad. They shut down our defense and beat up our offense. No team has ever come into Mile High in the month of January and exerted their will on the Broncos like Pittsburgh did yesterday.

Cower and staff put together a master game plan. Hats off to Pittsburgh, now go kick Seahawk tailfeather.

I can't fricking believe the season is over. Just yesterday we were looking for any little nugget of news out of training camp. All of a sudden there is no college football, no pro football, only the SB in a couple of weeks and then nothing. No major sports (unless you count the ghetto-ball theatre known as the NBA) for a few weeks.

Hope you all have a great off-season, and may the time seem extremely short until we are all back here again arguing over whose draft picks look like the next break-out stud in training camp.

Come on Spring Training!

Gaz
01-23-2006, 11:23 AM
I saved a seat for you.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been there a while.

Warrior5
01-23-2006, 11:29 AM
we reserved this place 3 weeks ago. Pull up a chair and watch the SB with us. There's room over in the corner for 3 or 4 Donk fans.

vailpass
01-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I saved a seat for you.

xoxo~
Gaz
Been there a while.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the chair. Judging by your avatar it appears you have not been sitting idle since entering the Lounge.

Good luck in the draft.

Cheers,
VP

Nzoner
01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
The last few years have actually been great as my Chiefs depression has been replaced by elation watching the Raiders and Broncos get bounced.

vailpass
01-23-2006, 11:33 AM
we reserved this place 3 weeks ago. Pull up a chair and watch the SB with us. There's room over in the corner for 3 or 4 Donk fans.

Thanks W5. The SB should be a good one; my wife and brother are both Steelers and I have to admit I'm pulling for the black and gold as well.
ONe good thing about your team being eliminated: the pressure is off. I can kick back and enjoy a couple (or ten) cocktails without the old blood pressure going sky high.

Been nice chattin' with you this season, hope to see you back when we re-convene next season.

Peace,
VP

Frankie
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't worry vailpass. Worldcup 2006 is upon us. PBJ

Warrior5
01-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Been nice chattin' with you this season, hope to see you back when we re-convene next season.

Peace,
VP

Likewise...look forward to talking FOOTBALL. Please don't go anywhere; we have to make fun of each other's FA acquisitions and draft picks.

Reserving the predominantly orange bean bag chair for VP.

vailpass
01-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Don't worry vailpass. Worldcup 2006 is upon us. PBJ

Who gives a crap about tennis?

Reaper16
01-23-2006, 11:54 AM
Who gives a crap about tennis?
ROFL

vailpass
01-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Likewise...look forward to talking FOOTBALL. Please don't go anywhere; we have to make fun of each other's FA acquisitions and draft picks.

Reserving the predominantly orange bean bag chair for VP.

W5,

Thanks for the invite sir, I'll be here for draft smackage.
I dig bean bag chairs.

Mile High Mania
01-23-2006, 01:24 PM
The last few years have actually been great as my Chiefs depression has been replaced by elation watching the Raiders and Broncos get bounced.

One day... maybe, just maybe your post season elation will be due to something the Chiefs do. :cuss:

Reaper16
01-23-2006, 01:25 PM
One day... maybe, just maybe your post season elation will be due to something the Chiefs do. :cuss:
That's what we're waiting for

Baconeater
01-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Actually, I need the off-season to catch up on all of the crap I've been blowing off for the last 5 months.

Nzoner
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM

I'm 43 now and I'm rather worried that if and when the time comes I'm going to be too old to REALLY enjoy it.

Coach
01-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm 43 now and I'm rather worried that if and when the time comes I'm going to be too old to REALLY enjoy it.

Heh, Nzoner, too old to really enjoy it?

Naw. :p :D

Claynus
01-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Actually, I need the off-season to catch up on all of the crap I've been blowing off for the last 5 months.

I can finally watch all the crap on my hard drive that's taking up space...

kcfanXIII
01-23-2006, 03:03 PM
there's always a lul in sports when the nfl ends, and the two months before spring traing starts. granted, you can't get tooo excited about spring training when you're a royals fan. but it usually tides me over till draft day. there's nothing more depressing than watching the pro bowl, because you're already desperate to see some football. thank god for the nfl network.

redhed
01-23-2006, 03:23 PM
At least there is college hoop for a little while. When march madness is over, then the really dead season is on.
The NBA can toungemahnutsac.

vailpass
01-23-2006, 03:25 PM
there's always a lul in sports when the nfl ends, and the two months before spring traing starts. granted, you can't get tooo excited about spring training when you're a royals fan. but it usually tides me over till draft day. there's nothing more depressing than watching the pro bowl, because you're already desperate to see some football. thank god for the nfl network.

Spring training takes on a whole new meaning when you live in Phoenix/Scottsdale. It really is a fun time of year before we start to roast alive in our own juices from that merciless sun.
As an added bonus this year we have the World Baseball thingy playing a round here.

Have a great off-season; good luck in the draft.

vailpass
01-23-2006, 03:27 PM
At least there is college hoop for a little while. When march madness is over, then the really dead season is on.
The NBA can toungemahnutsac.

:clap: Agreed on all points.
March Madness rules. NBA? I thought they folded the year after MJ retired? All I see now are a bunch of clowns from that "And1" tour.

redhed
01-23-2006, 03:31 PM
All I see now are a bunch of clowns from that "And1" tour.

ROFL
But, but... they're the worlds greatest athletes!! :rolleyes:

I forgot to add:
Good season (Broncos), and have a good draft (but not too good)!!

vailpass
01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
ROFL
I forgot to add:
Good season (Broncos), and have a good draft (but not too good)!!

:toast:

Mecca
01-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Don't worry Vail........you got exciting Rockies baseball to look forward to........

vailpass
01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Don't worry Vail........you got exciting Rockies baseball to look forward to........

What'd I ever do to you? :)
Better still, I'm not a Rocky I'm a Cub. Spring training rocks (I'm in Phoenix) but shortly after that it all goes down hill.......again. And again. And again.

But next year is gonna' be different.

Calcountry
01-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Let me first say that the Steelers beat my Broncos yesterday and beat them bad. They shut down our defense and beat up our offense. No team has ever come into Mile High in the month of January and exerted their will on the Broncos like Pittsburgh did yesterday.

Cower and staff put together a master game plan. Hats off to Pittsburgh, now go kick Seahawk tailfeather.

I can't fricking believe the season is over. Just yesterday we were looking for any little nugget of news out of training camp. All of a sudden there is no college football, no pro football, only the SB in a couple of weeks and then nothing. No major sports (unless you count the ghetto-ball theatre known as the NBA) for a few weeks.

Hope you all have a great off-season, and may the time seem extremely short until we are all back here again arguing over whose draft picks look like the next break-out stud in training camp.

Come on Spring Training!better be carefull, or some dude is going to come in here and tell you to get your facts straight. lmao.

DenverChief
01-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey saw that State Patrol picked up 15 illegals in your county....keep up the good work...seems like we end up with them all in our county

Frankie
01-23-2006, 08:40 PM
WORLD CUP 2006

vailpass
01-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Hey saw that State Patrol picked up 15 illegals in your county....keep up the good work...seems like we end up with them all in our county

Howdy DC,
Happy New Year.
15 illegals is the tip of the iceberg here; thats one carload (two door compact). You can find 50-100 in the Home Depot parking lots every morning waiting to be picked up for day labor work.
The cops look the other way because the have their hands full with more pressing matters.
The initiative we passed here last year requiring all state gov. employees to report illegals is beingheld up in the courts by...you guessed it...Mexican groups who contend that illegals should be given the same services as citizens.
They don't even call them illegals, they use the euphemism " undocumented".
There is a lot of tension rising here over the mexican illegal issue, it's going to come to a head at some point unless the Feds come up with something soon.

BTW, glad to see they extradited the cop killer back to Denver to stand trial. IMO promising not to give him the death penalty was the right thing to do in order to get him back here.
I sure hope he doesn't have an accident in prison ;)

redhed
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Howdy DC,
Happy New Year.
15 illegals is the tip of the iceberg here; thats one carload (two door compact). You can find 50-100 in the Home Depot parking lots every morning waiting to be picked up for day labor work.
The cops look the other way because the have their hands full with more pressing matters.

It's the same here in KC, but they're a little more sneaky about it.
:cuss:

vailpass
01-24-2006, 09:42 AM
It's the same here in KC, but they're a little more sneaky about it.
:cuss:

Really? That surprises me a little bit given the distance from the border and the fact KC has winter.

redhed
01-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Really? That surprises me a little bit given the distance from the border and the fact KC has winter.

There's a HUGE Hispanic community in KC. You do the math.

vailpass
01-24-2006, 10:24 AM
There's a HUGE Hispanic community in KC. You do the math.

So long as they are legal immigrants who want to integrate into the community, learn/speak the English language and become contributing members to society like my forefathers and yours, then I'm all in favor.

Otherwise illegal means illegal and they must be deported.