PDA

View Full Version : Casey Printers on 810 now (8:10am)

Archie F. Swin
01-24-2006, 07:09 AM
www.810whb.com

Archie F. Swin
01-24-2006, 07:19 AM
No lack of confidence in this 24 year old.

Kerberos
01-24-2006, 07:31 AM

I remember a guy that signed with Oakland a few years back that was EXTREMLY confident.

Todd Moronavich lasted one season if I remember correctly!

Mr. Kotter
01-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I just hope he turns out to be the next Kurt Warner, or Priest Holmes...as an undrafted FAs. :thumb:

And not the next TC sensation, like, Brian Shay, Jesse Haynes, or Ted White. :banghead:

Archie F. Swin
01-24-2006, 07:38 AM
During one of the clips on his web site, you hear the play-by-play man say "This is what he does best!"....while he's running the ball. STFU

KCTitus
01-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Has he said how much of an A-Hole Peterson is yet?

Archie F. Swin
01-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Has he said how much of an A-Hole Peterson is yet?

no, but he did mention being fitted for a diaper

Bob Dole
01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
I remember a guy that signed with Oakland a few years back that was EXTREMLY confident.

Todd Moronavich lasted one season if I remember correctly!

He wasn't confident...he was stoned.

Bootlegged
01-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Steamin' Willie Beamon II.

siberian khatru
01-24-2006, 07:59 AM

His career tanked when his cat ran away.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Casey Printers = The next Mike Elkins. If Carl were really ballsy, he would try and jump up in the draft somehow and nab a franchise guy like Young or Leinert. Unfortunately, he will never do that. Hes always content to "play it safe". Just once id love for Carl to do something really ballsy in the draft.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Casey Printers = The next Mike Elkins. If Carl were really ballsy, he would try and jump up in the draft somehow and nab a franchise guy like Young or Leinert. Unfortunately, he will never do that. Hes always content to "play it safe". Just once id love for Carl to do something really ballsy in the draft.

Give me a break.

What is he going to trade to jump from 20 to 3?

He would have to give up 4 or 5 first round picks.

Is that "playing it safe?"

CosmicPal
01-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Just once id love for Carl to do something really ballsy in the draft.

Like drafting a TE in the 2nd round when you already have a Pro Bowl catching TE and a Pro Bowl blocking TE (should there ever be such a thing)?

Messier
01-24-2006, 09:01 AM

Yeah Like trade all your draft picks to move up to take Ricky Williams.

Fire Me Boy!
01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Steamin' Willie Beamon II.
He gets the ladies.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Give me a break.

I remember once in the mid 1990's when the 49er's jumped up pretty far to nab JJ Stokes. It didnt really work out but at least they tried to make a move. Sometimes it works brilliantly, sometimes not.

Messier
01-24-2006, 09:07 AM
I remember once in the mid 1990's when the 49er's jumped up pretty far to nab JJ Stokes. It didnt really work out but at least they tried to make a move. Sometimes it works brilliantly, sometimes not.

The Chiefs do such a good job of getting gems in the later rounds I really wouldn't want to give up those fifth and sixth round picks.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2006, 09:13 AM

Stokes was the 10th pick in the 95 draft.

Moving up from 20-10 wouldn't cost that much.

Moving up from 20 to 3 would cripple the organization for several years.

Cochise
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Give me a break.

Well, it's only January and people already are advocating we make a rickey williams-esque trade up into the top spot.

Sure worked for Ditka. I wonder why no one else trades their whole draft for one player?

RedThat
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM

No offense, but that would be ultimately dumb.

nychief
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM

if we moved up I would want the best OLman in the draft - not Vince Young - hell we can wait and draft Brad Smith in the 4th or 5th.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Stokes was the 10th pick in the 95 draft.

Moving up from 20-10 wouldn't cost that much.

Moving up from 20 to 3 would cripple the organization for several years.

Your right....I thought Stokes was a top 5 pick. To move into the Top 5 from number 20 would be very costly.

RedThat
01-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Instead of moving up, Id be content with trading down. Just for the sake of getting that 4th rounder back!

Kerberos
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM

Oh yea.... It wasn't confidence he was feeling ... It was paranoia!

:bong:

siberian khatru
01-24-2006, 09:25 AM
Your right....I thought Stokes was a top 5 pick. To move into the Top 5 from number 20 would be very costly.

Stokes was No. 10, but I think SF hopscotched up the board from No. 30. They made two trades, one with Atlanta, one with Cleveland. I think. So they went from 30 to, like, 20 or something before taking another jump up. I would think the express elevator from the bottom to the top would be prohibitive in the number of picks.

I still don't like the strategy.

Chief Henry
01-24-2006, 09:30 AM
I want some defensive lineman that can smack the QB around CONSISTENTLY...insert banghead here.

Dunit35
01-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm liking Casey Printers. Maybe we will get lucky and he will turn into something.

NY CHIEF
01-24-2006, 10:30 AM
if we moved up I would want the best OLman in the draft - not Vince Young - hell we can wait and draft Brad Smith in the 4th or 5th. I agree, we really need to think hard about our aging o line. We have 1 more year in the tank
:hmmm:

RedThat
01-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Im not all that enthused about the concept of trading up just for the sake of selecting the best O-lineman. You know, because Roaf is getting old. That is the concept behind that right? yup. I think so.

If he doesnt pan out to be good, then what are we gonna say? we gave up all those draft picks for a O-lineman who turned out to be nothing? I guarantee people around here will be saying Dammit Carl!!

I HATE having to see this team placing themselves at risk of losing draft picks. It's been happening a lot lately. we gave up a 4th for Herm, a 2nd and a 5th for Surtain. 2nd and 3rd for Vermeil, etc.

So why trade up? Their are several good O-Lineman in this draft. We don't have to trade up to grab one. Out of these 4 guys, Winston Justice, Eric Winston, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Marcus McNeil....one of them could possibly be available
at 20. All are solid lineman. Trading up is pointless and you lose out on potentially good players in later rounds. Its a risky move, especially if the guy your trading up for doesnt pan out to be good. No thanx. Id rather be conservative and stay at 20, or trade down and gain some draft picks.

jspchief
01-24-2006, 11:47 AM
With the shape our O-line will be in in the next few years, we're going to need a QB that can run his ass off.

Short Leash Hootie
01-24-2006, 11:48 AM
"play it safe"?

That's not playing it safe...that's using logic. You can't move from #20 - #3 in the draft. Maybe if we packaged LJ and our #1 we'd move to #3...but that's not playing it safe.

Frankie
01-24-2006, 12:21 PM
You probably wanted him, a couple of years ago, to do that and get David Carr or Joey Harrington.

ChiefsFanatic
01-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm liking Casey Printers. Maybe we will get lucky and he will turn into something.

Like a WR?

InChiefsHell
01-24-2006, 12:47 PM
You probably wanted him, a couple of years ago, to do that and get David Carr or Joey Harrington.

I wouldn't mind getting David Carr cheap right now and let him develop in this system behind Trent...but since we got Printers, I guess that ain't gonna happen.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 02:42 PM

Yes, honestly i did. That would have been a more realistic oppurtunity to nab a franchise QB, but we selected Sims instead and look where that has gotten us???? But as healthy as Green has been the past 4 years, selecting one of those guys would have been a waste.

Jilly
01-24-2006, 03:06 PM
we aren't in need of a QB that can run, what we need is a QB that can think on his feet....and half that had to do with our coach and offensive coordinator who didn't trust the QB with calling plays in a pinch. Yes, our offensive line needs to protect, but our QB also needs to be able to adjust, which, from what I've seen, Green is not that good at.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 03:07 PM

Its because he has been in Vogue.

morphius
01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
With the shape our O-line will be in in the next few years, we're going to need a QB that can run his ass off.
I'm still going under the belief that the only real position of weakness as far as depth is behind Roaf. We have enough talent up there to cover guard/center/RT. Are the Guards going to be the stud that Shields is, probably not, but I think they are more then servicable.

Mecca
01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
if we moved up I would want the best OLman in the draft - not Vince Young - hell we can wait and draft Brad Smith in the 4th or 5th.

If the Chiefs were picking that high..........Mario Williams should be the pick.

penguinz
01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
we aren't in need of a QB that can run, what we need is a QB that can think on his feet....and half that had to do with our coach and offensive coordinator who didn't trust the QB with calling plays in a pinch. Yes, our offensive line needs to protect, but our QB also needs to be able to adjust, which, from what I've seen, Green is not that good at.
From what I have seen you are incapable of making a quality post.

Thig Lyfe
01-24-2006, 04:41 PM
All the Printers doubters can S T F U.

He is The Boss.

Frankie
01-24-2006, 06:42 PM
All the Printers doubters can S T F U.

He is The Boss.
No. Ted White was.

Mr. Kotter
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't mind getting David Carr cheap right now and let him develop in this system behind Trent...but since we got Printers, I guess that ain't gonna happen.

Houston just said they were planning to pay him that big bonus he is due here in the next few weeks. Cross off Carr from the list.

sedated
01-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Nothing in the draft is "safe"

The safest thing in the draft is O-linemen.

say...don't we need one of those?

and why is everyone giving up on a QBotF just because we got some cocky canuck?

he might be something, might not. Im assuming they aren't paying him much, its a low-risk move.

milkman
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Houston just said they were planning to pay him that big bonus he is due here in the next few weeks. Cross off Carr from the list.

Thank you Houston.

Now I don't have to worry that Carl might persue him in FA.

Mr. Kotter
01-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Thank you Houston.

Now if only Detroit would do something similar! :cuss:

No Joey. No Joey. No Joey. :banghead:

PGM
01-24-2006, 08:46 PM
hopefully we strike gold with this printers guy...who knows

InChiefsHell
01-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Thank you Houston.

I don't know why, but I still think that Carr is probably a pretty damn good QB who is in a bad place. With Trent teaching and our Offensive prowess giving him experience, I think there's a good chance he'd be very successful here. Of course, with Saunders gone, it might turn out differently.

Course, it's all a moot point now. Bring on Printers!

CoMoChief
01-25-2006, 09:30 AM

I hope you're kidding. I can throw a better ball than Brad Smith and the sad thing is that I never played football.

milkman
01-25-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't know why, but I still think that Carr is probably a pretty damn good QB who is in a bad place. With Trent teaching and our Offensive prowess giving him experience, I think there's a good chance he'd be very successful here. Of course, with Saunders gone, it might turn out differently.

Course, it's all a moot point now. Bring on Printers!

It is a moot point now.

I don't like Carr because he doesn't ever come off his primary target, and he holds on to the ball too long.

He takes a lot of sacks, and the O-Line in front of him is really bad, but because of his propensity to hold onto the ball, he is responsible for some of those sacks.

It's was discussed as one of his weaknesses coming into the NFL, and after 3 years of NFL coaching, it remains his major weakness.

That leads me to wonder if he'll ever get it.

InChiefsHell
01-25-2006, 10:03 AM
It is a moot point now.

I don't like Carr because he doesn't ever come off his primary target, and he holds on to the ball too long.

He takes a lot of sacks, and the O-Line in front of him is really bad, but because of his propensity to hold onto the ball, he is responsible for some of those sacks.

It's was discussed as one of his weaknesses coming into the NFL, and after 3 years of NFL coaching, it remains his major weakness.

That leads me to wonder if he'll ever get it.

Good point. I must admit, I don't see him play much. I've just seen his arm and it is a cannon. I also was under the impression that he was a good scrambler, but I think that has been out of neccesity in Houston.

Meh. Doesn't matter anyway.

Frankie
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
I don't know why, but I still think that Carr is probably a pretty damn good QB who is in a bad place. With Trent teaching and our Offensive prowess giving him experience, I think there's a good chance he'd be very successful here.
My opinion exactly.