PDA

View Full Version : that time of month

bogie
01-24-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm sure there have been numerous threads about this, but F*CK!!!! My normally sane, laid back, calm, logical wife turns in to a meat grinder during her time of the month. It is so obvious when she's about to start. It only last a few days, but I have to spend a few days with a woman that has a persoality that I would never, ever want to hang out with. She's even combatative with our 7 year old daughter. I want to explain to my daughter that now is not the time to question anything mommy does, but when my daughter asks why, (which 7 year olds do all the time) I wouldn't know what to tell her. So basically, she's on her own. I told her this morning (my daughter) to make sure she stops and thinks about what she's going to say before she says it and to not talk back to mommy. What I really wanted to say is mommy's about to have her period and women turn in to b*tches when they have their period. But I didn't. My wife's nose actually turns a little rosy colored when she's about to start. At that point, I know that the meat grinder is about to arrive.

Dunit35
01-24-2006, 11:27 AM
One of my ex's sometimes turned into a horrible b**ch, but mainly you could fart and she would start crying.

pikesome
01-24-2006, 11:34 AM
I have read about some researchers that decided that most of the symptoms of menstruation are "made up" or made far worse by our expectations. I don't know how much I believe of that, its hard to take any research at face value any more. And even if that's true it doesn't help you out much, I feel your pain. The wife has her fair share of difficult behavior monthly in my house too.

bogie
01-24-2006, 11:37 AM
I just wanted to rant. I only have to deal with it 12 times a year, but those 12 times are not pleasant.

Scaga
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
(insert old joke here)

God messed up my wife's cycle...
She's only nice to me one week out of every month.

The term "bitch on wheels" came from this happening.

Sandyskc
01-24-2006, 11:42 AM
Hang in there. As a woman, I suffered for years (yes, we don't want to be around ourselves either). Then I talked to my doctor about PMS. They have ways to treat it (yes, it is a medical condition) and I have been a much happier person since then (and much nicer to be around, too).

Donger
01-24-2006, 11:45 AM
I once made the mistake of telling my wife the old, "Don't trust a creature that bleeds 12 times a year but doesn't die" joke during one of her periods.

She didn't find it amusing at all.

bogie
01-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Hang in there. As a woman, I suffered for years (yes, we don't want to be around ourselves either). Then I talked to my doctor about PMS. They have ways to treat it (yes, it is a medical condition) and I have been a much happier person since then (and much nicer to be around, too).

If I suggested to my wife that there are things she can do medically to alter her mood during her visits from aunt flow, I would not even have a chance to start an "I'm leaving the planet forever thread"

Phobia
01-24-2006, 11:50 AM
My current wife is pretty mild. My ex-wife was so bad the cops were called during her cycle many times. No joke. I'm so glad I left that Jerry Springer episode.

You need a method in which to demonstrate to your wife that she is a problem during her cycle. You should tape her and then when her cycle is over, carefully broach the topic and ask if she's interested in hearing the tape. Once she hears that she'll be willing to consider medication. My wife and I have a catch phrase that she understands immediately. Sometimes she's even the one to invoke the catch phrase - "maybe I (you) need a happy pill".

Frosty
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Expect Mer to come on here and tell you it's all your fault. :)

Fire Me Boy!
01-24-2006, 11:52 AM
My wife is actually not bad at all. She's a TAD more emotional, but mainly just gets really horny.

Chiefs Express
01-24-2006, 11:53 AM
When I got married I was told that there are a defined set of rules when dealing with women. I was then told that every 28 days those rules change!

Stand by to stand by!! Roll with the punches or run screaming down the street on the 28th day.

Fire Me Boy!
01-24-2006, 11:54 AM
"Maybe you need a happy pill" might become a catch phrase around here. :thumb:

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
i think Clint must be a hermaphrodite then

Donger
01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
i think Clint must be half female then

Except his time of the month IS the month.

Fire Me Boy!
01-24-2006, 11:57 AM
My current wife is pretty mild. My ex-wife was so bad the cops were called during her cycle many times. No joke. I'm so glad I left that Jerry Springer episode.

You need a method in which to demonstrate to your wife that she is a problem during her cycle. You should tape her and then when her cycle is over, carefully broach the topic and ask if she's interested in hearing the tape. Once she hears that she'll be willing to consider medication. My wife and I have a catch phrase that she understands immediately. Sometimes she's even the one to invoke the catch phrase - "maybe I (you) need a happy pill".
I suggest you do this secretly.

Wife: *bitching* YOU DON'T LIKE MY STEAK! *crying* I can't do anything right.

(Husband taping)

Wife: Why are you taping me?

Husband: To show you later what kind of a psychotic bitch you are when it's "your time".

Wife: *loading pistol*

pikesome
01-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Expect Mer to come on here and tell you it's all your fault. :)

It is, women are never responsible for the way they treat people during their visit. This is the only thing that gets me going about the whole thing. Women have periods, that causes mood swings. Fine, I'm more than willing to accept that. But the thinking that its our fault for complaining if the symptoms start to wear thin and offering suggestions to ease the difficulty really gets me. Its used as an excuse by some (READ THAT AGAIN, I SAID SOME!) to be complete bitches. The same kind of people who fine excuses for all their bad behavior.

TinyEvel
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Dude, I feel your pain as well.

I think bringing it up NOT during that time of the month is the key.
Explain to her how much you care about her and your relationship, and how it hurts you to see her talk that way to the kids and you know it's not her fault (this is a big part).

I bet there are forums where you can get professional advice opn how to approach this.

My dad knew my mom was pregnant with me because she wasn't getting b*#chy after 28 days.
True story.

ROYC75
01-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I once made the mistake of telling my wife the old, "Don't trust a creature that bleeds 12 times a year but doesn't die" joke during one of her periods.

At least you survived, I bet there wasn't a set of knives around when that happened.
ROFL

TinyEvel
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
It's kind of the way I act after we lose games like the Philly and Dallas games. But only for a day.

pikesome
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
It's kind of the way I act after we lose games like the Philly and Dallas games. But only for a day.

Amen to that. My wife has taken the kids out and left me to stew after some of the Chiefs' loses. And never gives me too much grief over it too.

Predarat
01-24-2006, 12:10 PM
If you have the kind of wife that lets you get her in the ass during that time of the month it makes all the bitching worthwhile. But for those of us that dont it sucks!

pikesome
01-24-2006, 12:14 PM
If you have the kind of wife that lets you get her in the ass during that time of the month it makes all the bitching worthwhile. But for those of us that dont it sucks!

What, no red-wings? :)

Amnorix
01-24-2006, 12:49 PM
FYI being on the pill helps smooth out the moodiness of PMS, among other things. If she's not on the pill and you've considered it for whatever reason, then this is another reason to consider her taking it.

It does, of course, have some negative side effects as well, but in your case the plusses could outweigh the minuses.

Frosty
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
My wife really mellowed out once we cut out all of the carb-y junk food. It really smoothed out the hormones for her.

Chief Henry
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
If you have the kind of wife that lets you get her in the ass during that time of the month it makes all the bitching worthwhile.

I didn't know you could put it in there !!!

tyton75
01-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I have been married almost 2 years... and if I have learned anything, is to remember when she starts because she turns into a moody *you-know-what.. I just leave her alone as much as possible, she'll find me when she wants to be nice!

Inspector
01-24-2006, 01:21 PM
How did I spell relief?

M e n o p a u s e

Ahhhhhh...........

pikesome
01-24-2006, 01:29 PM
How did I spell relief?

M e n o p a u s e

Ahhhhhh...........

The problem with that is you go from having to put up with the roller coaster and getting some occasionally to getting nothing. I'm think most agree its an ok trade-off.

SLAG
01-24-2006, 01:31 PM
It has been proven that the Smell of men's Armpits can have a Positive effect on womens Mestrual Cycles

pikesome
01-24-2006, 01:33 PM
It has been proven that the Smell of men's Armpits can have a Positive effect on womens Mestrual Cycles

What, it incresses the length and bitchy-ness?

SLAG
01-24-2006, 01:34 PM
What, it incresses the length and bitchy-ness?

No No No... Scratch that Reverse it

ENDelt260
01-24-2006, 01:37 PM

Did she lock herself in the bathroom?

SLAG
01-24-2006, 01:38 PM

:shake:

ROFLROFL

ENDelt260
01-24-2006, 01:39 PM
My wife is actually not bad at all. She's a TAD more emotional, but mainly just gets really horny.
I had a girlfriend in college who was really horny on the rag.

Considering we were 19 and 18 at the time... and f*cking like rabbits anyway.... that time of the month was AWESOME.

TinyEvel
01-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I had a girlfriend in college who was really horny on the rag..... that time of the month was AWESOME.

Surf the red tide, dude!

SLAG
01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Surf the red tide, dude!

I had a tought time explaining to my mom in H.S why all my black shirts were dirty within in 2 day span

:shrug:

Phobia
01-24-2006, 02:12 PM
I had a tought time explaining to my mom in H.S why all my black shirts were dirty within in 2 day span

:shrug:

Black shirts get just as dirty as white shirts. I'm surprised I need to explain this.

SLAG
01-24-2006, 02:17 PM
Black shirts get just as dirty as white shirts. I'm surprised I need to explain this.

I didnt need to go through 10 of them in 2 days

Inspector
01-24-2006, 03:58 PM
The problem with that is you go from having to put up with the roller coaster and getting some occasionally to getting nothing. I'm think most agree its an ok trade-off.

Getting nothing???

Hmmm...must not affect all of them the same.

If anything, it's quite the opposite. There is no off-limit times and she seems to have a little more.....well....energy.

No complaints here.

bogie
01-24-2006, 04:13 PM
How did I spell relief?

M e n o p a u s e

Ahhhhhh...........

I believe this is right around the corner for her. It can't happen soon enough. How does your wife handle hot flashes? I hear they can be kind of intence as well.

Jilly
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
unfortunately, I get sad for the world at that time and I very easily cry.

But I've noticed that men sometimes have a few mood swings during the month as well... I'm not sure if it's hormonal or if it's just an irregularity of bowel movements....but it seems like men sometimes have a bit of PMS type symptoms too.

Donger
01-24-2006, 04:24 PM

No. She grabbed me by the nuts. Not in a loving way, mind you.

Frosty
01-24-2006, 04:46 PM
uI'm not sure if it's hormonal or if it's just an irregularity of bowel movements....but it seems like men sometimes have a bit of PMS type symptoms too.

It's putting up with bitchy women.

Jilly
01-24-2006, 04:55 PM
It's putting up with bitchy women.

:banghead: why didn't I see that coming?

Frosty
01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
:banghead: why didn't I see that coming?

Just remember ladies,

"It's hard to kiss the lips at night,
that chew your ass out all day long"

- Rodney Crowell

:)

Over-Head
01-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Dude, I just buy an extra 1/4 :bong: and stay wired for a week.
At least I know why she's pissed at me :thumb:
And trust me, when your ripped to the tit's and don't give a shit, you'll actually laugh at her tantrums after a while. (AFTER she leaves the basement/shed/back porch) :D
Even blasted I know better than to laugh at the beter half while i'm still within striking range :shake: )

CoMoChief
01-24-2006, 05:22 PM
My gf just cries but then I ask her why and then she tells me she doesnt know, thats when I know the week of hell is about to start.

bogie
01-24-2006, 05:42 PM
unfortunately, I get sad for the world at that time and I very easily cry.

But I've noticed that men sometimes have a few mood swings during the month as well... I'm not sure if it's hormonal or if it's just an irregularity of bowel movements....but it seems like men sometimes have a bit of PMS type symptoms too.

I won't disagree with this.

sedated
01-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Surf the red tide, dude!

as long as we know the situation before going in.

don't let us find out on our own.