PDA

View Full Version : Fox 4 reporting: Chiefs & Royals just signed 25 year lease to stay in K.C.

wutamess
01-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Will type more details as I get them

Bootlegged
01-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Both will be playing at Kemper Arena.

wutamess
01-24-2006, 11:10 AM
No... they're both staying at the Truman Sports Complex.

Wa-Z
01-24-2006, 11:11 AM
WOOHOO, I hope that's true. All we need now is a NBA and NHL team. :)

StcChief
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Contingent on the rolling roof?

wutamess
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM
$200 million Rolling roof wanted proposed (new tax to area businesses) (for hopes of SB).

3/8th cents sales tax paid by Jackson county.

This is the lease deadline day apperantly.

Brock
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM

I bet it's contingent on a lot of things.

Bowser
01-24-2006, 11:16 AM
$200 Rolling roof wanted proposed to area businesses (for hopes of SB).

Two hundred bucks? That is a bunch of tarps from Westlake.

wutamess
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Not contingent on rolling roof... they just want to have one for a possible SB. (From what I'm gathering).

tyton75
01-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Rolling roof is a seperate ballot initiative... FWIW

The lease extention was to keep them where they are for 25 more years.. based on ticket taxes and other crap... and Soren was espousing what a bad idea it was, but he is afraid it will get passed because people are just freaking tired of hearing about it all the time

Bowser
01-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Rolling roof is a seperate ballot initiative... FWIW

The lease extention was to keep them where they are for 25 more years.. based on ticket taxes and other crap... and Soren was espousing what a bad idea it was, but he is afraid it will get passed because people are just freaking tired of hearing about it all the time

Everyone at 810 has drank the Keitzman kool-aid. They all want Truman Sports Complex to be scrapped so the Royals can move downtown and the Chiefs can move out by the race track.

Personally, I'd like to see the city get an "El" system before any of that other happens.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 11:28 AM

contingent on the new stadium package being passed.

the roof tax package is a separate tax

tyton75
01-24-2006, 11:32 AM
Everyone at 810 has drank the Keitzman kool-aid. They all want Truman Sports Complex to be scrapped so the Royals can move downtown and the Chiefs can move out by the race track.

Personally, I'd like to see the city get an "El" system before any of that other happens.

As for the downtown stadium.. I personally think it would be the best thing that we could possibly do if the money is relatively the same, which its close enough.. but thats beside the point here.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the new lease either, because I can't imagine that they will be able to get the stadiums in shape to last for the life of the lease

chiefqueen
01-24-2006, 11:36 AM
$200 million Rolling roof wanted proposed (new tax to area businesses) (for hopes of SB).

3/8th cents sales tax paid by Jackson county.

This is the lease deadline day apperantly.

No, today is the deadline for the county to approve the measure to go before the voters. Ballots initiatives must be approved at least 90 days in advance b/f they can be voted on in the next election.

sedated
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM
That deal doesn't seem that bad.

The teams pay for their own luxury boxes

The teams pay for any cost overages.

Out-of-town taxes pay for rolling roof.

3/8 cent tax is all we pay, for basic upgrades.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 11:44 AM
That deal doesn't seem that bad.

The teams pay for their own luxury boxes

The teams pay for any cost overages.

Out-of-town taxes pay for rolling roof.

3/8 cent tax is all we pay, for basic upgrades.
the devil is in the details

how much are the teams paying?

are they still getting a big portion of what they paid up front slipped back to them in tax incentives and sneaky overages?

whats the bond rate and cost?

slush items?

cookster50
01-24-2006, 11:49 AM
As a Jackson county resident, I'm voting no. As Laz said, the devil is in the details.

Cochise
01-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Doesn't matter. The Kansas counties will never vote for a tax on something they are already getting for free.

bsp4444
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
As a Jackson county resident, I'm voting no. As Laz said, the devil is in the details.

Voting no because you don't know the details doesn't make much sense to me. Either make an informed decision, or don't vote on it.

morphius
01-24-2006, 12:12 PM
the devil is in the details

how much are the teams paying?

are they still getting a big portion of what they paid up front slipped back to them in tax incentives and sneaky overages?

whats the bond rate and cost?

slush items?
Teams are paying a small amount, I believe the Royals like 10% of their portions and the Chiefs are paying like 25 mill but get 10-15 mill back with tax incentives and the like. So pretty much, money for free. Well, except for the fact that they do have to cover anything that goes over cost, which is good.

The numbers I gave are not exact, just pulled out of barely paying attenting to the radio yesterday when they were talking about it, but seems the Chiefs after Tax incentives were only going to be tossing in about 15 million.

cookster50
01-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Voting no because you don't know the details doesn't make much sense to me. Either make an informed decision, or don't vote on it.

You have no idea what I do or do not know. I know enough to say that if it is sent to the voters AS PROPOSED in the media already, I'm voting no. Either know what you're talking about or SD and STHU.

bsp4444
01-24-2006, 01:16 PM
You have no idea what I do or do not know. I know enough to say that if it is sent to the voters AS PROPOSED in the media already, I'm voting no. Either know what you're talking about or SD and STHU.

I know you don't know the details.

Cochise
01-24-2006, 01:17 PM
n00b fight

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Teams are paying a small amount, I believe the Royals like 10% of their portions and the Chiefs are paying like 25 mill but get 10-15 mill back with tax incentives and the like. So pretty much, money for free. Well, except for the fact that they do have to cover anything that goes over cost, which is good.

The numbers I gave are not exact, just pulled out of barely paying attenting to the radio yesterday when they were talking about it, but seems the Chiefs after Tax incentives were only going to be tossing in about 15 million.
yea ... the idea i got too.

pathetic deal for taxpayer ... the teams are robbing them blind.

btw it's not a 25 lease ... they still have 9 yrs left on the previous lease.

it's a 16 yr contract/lease extension.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-24-2006, 02:45 PM
the Royals can't sell tickets now. A new stadium seems like a rather dumb move

Tuckdaddy
01-24-2006, 02:56 PM
This is great news. That secures pro sports in KC. Now if we can get the final four back, we'll be set.

penguinz
01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I have a feeling that even if the teams were footing 100% of the bill Laz would still find something to bitch about.

Jilly
01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
is there any word on an NHL team???? Or is it some other thread?

tyton75
01-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Since its tax season, I'm especially touchy that government is so freaking incompetent with my tax dollars, yet they are still able to pass new taxes because "its only 3/8s of a cent" chit... I'm already paying like 34% or high in income taxes.. and paying personal property tax on the same freaking car every year! not to mention real estate tax and a nearly 10% sales tax on EVERYTHING I freaking buy!

rant over

cmh6476
01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
the Royals can't sell tickets now. A new stadium seems like a rather dumb move

I would be in favor of a tax for the royals that went strictly towards payroll. That is, as long as Allard and Glass have no say in who exactly gets paid with my money :|

penguinz
01-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Since its tax season, I'm especially touchy that government is so freaking incompetent with my tax dollars, yet they are still able to pass new taxes because "its only 3/8s of a cent" chit... I'm already paying like 34% or high in income taxes.. and paying personal property tax on the same freaking car every year! not to mention real estate tax and a nearly 10% sales tax on EVERYTHING I freaking buy!

rant over
If it upsets you that much trade you car and house in for a bike and a cardboard box.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
I have a feeling that even if the teams were footing 100% of the bill Laz would still find something to bitch about.
WTF? :shrug:

[/edited for content] ... we are discussing a tax bill.

[/edited for content].

i don't live in Jackson county and if they don't mind [/edited for content] then go ahead vote for the bill.

i don't care, Just saves the rest of us from cleaning up the mess Jackson county made 10 yrs ago.

but you can take any bi-state tax thoughts and forget it [/edited for content] cause it ain't happening.

Don't come crying to the rest of us when you approve another crap bill and need help.

tyton75
01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
If it upsets you that much trade you car and house in for a bike and a cardboard box.

you are an idiot

penguinz
01-25-2006, 10:13 AM
I was making the point that all Laz does here is bitch about everything. It does not matter what the subject is.

nmt1
01-25-2006, 10:34 AM
you are an idiot

It's "Your and idiot," you looser.

beavis
01-25-2006, 11:03 AM
It's "Your and idiot," you looser.
moran.

:p

Mr. Laz
01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
I was making the point that all Laz does here is bitch about everything. It does not matter what the subject is.
which is a complete myth and utter bullshit