PDA

View Full Version : FOOSBALL!!!!

ZepSinger
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone here play? I started playing back in the 70's, got in a few tournaments, then stopped playing about 15 years ago. Now at the new job, there's a table in the break room, and I'm BACK playing the front like gangbusters! Looking for fellow fanatics....

Z

gblowfish
01-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I have a Tornado Table I got as a graduation present from the bar owner I worked for in Columbia in 1980. I was house champ for four years, and waxed a lot of frat boys.
The table is in my basement. It's still in good shape and plays great. I'm not as fast as I was when I was 20, but can still hold my own. What's your best shot? Push, pull or kick?

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Toranado or single man?

ZepSinger
01-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I have a Tornado Table I got as a graduation present from the bar owner I worked for in Columbia in 1980. I was house champ for four years, and waxed a lot of frat boys.
The table is in my basement. It's still in good shape and plays great. I'm not as fast as I was when I was 20, but can still hold my own. What's your best shot? Push, pull or kick?

Push shot. Also- I'm left-handed, so I'm just about as dangerous from the 5 man. :)

KCTitus
01-24-2006, 12:51 PM
played a little while in Jr high and HS, but didnt play until recently when a neighbor got a table.

I dont recognize any of the lingo, but Im pretty good at scoring from both the front or back. Im terrible with my left hand, and I pretty much use it to block and move the ball.

The front 3 or the 2 FB's are my weapons.

chiefs4me
01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
I love the game,and I always win..:D

Skip Towne
01-24-2006, 01:11 PM
I've never played foolsball. But I used to see it played 30 years ago.

chiefs4me
01-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I've never played foolsball. But I used to see it played 30 years ago.

ROFL

journeyscarab
01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Foosball is the debil.

Fish
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I'll bet a beer I can beat anybody posting here........

Well I'm not that good... but if a beer bet would get a game of foos going with some planet buds... then I'll put it on the line. Used to play tourneys in Manhattan with some old pros..... Trouble is, there are only a few places with decent tables in KC..... Buzzard Beach, Rusty's...... ? Anybody know any other decent places to play?

I'm down for a game though.........

ZepSinger
01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I'll bet a beer I can beat anybody posting here........

Well I'm not that good... but if a beer bet would get a game of foos going with some planet buds... then I'll put it on the line. Used to play tourneys in Manhattan with some old pros..... Trouble is, there are only a few places with decent tables in KC..... Buzzard Beach, Rusty's...... ? Anybody know any other decent places to play?

I'm down for a game though.........

Are there any big tournaments in KC that you know of? My bro in Denver said that they have a big one out there every year, top prize is like 10 grand... :drool:

Otter
01-24-2006, 02:12 PM
I play every now and then when we go to one of the bars downtown that have one.

Back in my IUP days we had tiered matches going at one of the local bars. I'm average at offense but a killer at goalie. The guy I teamed up with was just the opposite and we kicked the shit out of everyone for a little while.

Do you play offense of defense?

Count Zarth
01-24-2006, 02:14 PM
I once played foosball with a girl. It was very tense.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Do you play offense of defense?

I am like you Otter, a defense guy. I had a bud-ro that was the same way, good on offense. When we would play the college kids I used to irritate them because I would stop the shot, send it up to the 5 man and just let go of the handles and grab my beer. I would say 7 out of 10 times he would drop it from the 5 man.

Drove them nuts.

Haven't played in a loooong time though. That was 10 years ago.

mlyonsd
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
I am like you Otter, a defense guy. I had a bud-ro that was the same way, good on offense. When we would play the college kids I used to irritate them because I would stop the shot, send it up to the 5 man and just let go of the handles and grab my beer. I would say 7 out of 10 times he would drop it from the 5 man.

Drove them nuts.

Good foosball players aren't born....it all depends on how much they spank their monkey's.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Good foosball players aren't born....it all depends on how much they spank their monkey's.

Shush pinball wizard

Otter
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM

Drove them nuts.

About 10 years ago for me too, wow I'm getting old.

Depending on how good the opponent was on offense at intercepting the ball I'd usually try to go coast to coast with the ball and let Jeff pick up the rebound if I missed. If it's too risky I'd just pass it off.

I want to play foosball and drink beer now.

Hey, I opened up to the planet telling them the story I woke up on the coach with my pants around my ankles getting sneakers thrown at me. I deny nothing.

mlyonsd
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Shush pinball wizard

It's a well known fact. Pinball players usually have a soft touch so the ladies flock to'em.

Foosball players spend most of their time cranking.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:28 PM
I want to play foosball and drink beer now.

Meet you at Mickey's.

Occasionally I could bank it in depending on the quality of the opponent I was playing.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:30 PM
It's a well known fact. Pinball players usually have a soft touch so the ladies flock to'em.

Foosball players spend most of their time cranking.

The wifeal unit likes you to press on her hips, eh?

I'll sure bring that up sometime.

mlyonsd
01-24-2006, 02:32 PM
The wifeal unit likes you to press on her hips, eh?

I'll sure bring that up sometime.

If you guessed hips you need some fetching up. Don't feel bad, I had to learn it on my own too, dad never gave me the speech either.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:34 PM
If you guessed hips you need some fetching up. Don't feel bad, I had to learn it on my own too, dad never gave me the speech either.

???

mlyonsd
01-24-2006, 02:36 PM
???

Never mind....maybe Joe was right seeing as you are a foosball player.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Never mind....maybe Joe was right seeing as you are a foosball player.

Whatever - just don't tilt her so she won't get mad.

mlyonsd
01-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Whatever - just don't tilt her so she won't get mad.

If she doesn't get tilted she's pissed off.

ptlyon
01-24-2006, 02:52 PM
If she doesn't get tilted she's pissed off.

Excellent. Al Davis.

Now that one I can use.

Deberg_1990
01-24-2006, 02:53 PM
I like Foosball....but i really OWN at Electric Football!!

Luzap
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Anyone here ever play in anything larger than local Tourneys?

There used to be State, Regional, National, and International Tournaments.

I haven't played in a few years, but playing on the circut was a lot of fun.

Luz
who wants to bet a beer???... :)

gblowfish
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
I'd take a pic of my table, but my wife has a bunch of cardboard boxes full of shoes and stuff stacked on top of it! Curses...foiled again.

I also have a Pinball Machine. A 1978 Bally Harlem Globetrotters. I bought it back in 1992, because we used to have one just like it at the bar I worked in at Mizzou. It used to sit right next to the foosball table... so the pair of machines remind me of the good old days in college. I do think I have a Bally ad that shows the pinball machine. I'll try to attach it.

Zep, we oughtta have a CP foosball tourney this spring! Teams or singles?

Fish
01-24-2006, 07:25 PM
There was a big tourney here in KC about a year ago. It was close to $100 to enter, and I didn't have the money at the time. There is a big one every year in Omaha.... if anybody is interested, I'd be up for a carpool.....

Let's get a planet game going some night at Buzzard Beach or something..... anybody be down for that?

Braggin rights...............?

Fish
01-24-2006, 10:07 PM
uhhh..... bump.......