PDA

View Full Version : GQ's Top10 Most Hated Athletes

CoMoChief
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Didnt see a thread on it so here ya go. I dunno if its real but some of the stuff on here is rediculous. These athletes are real assholes IMO.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_4103&pageNum=1

Psyko Tek
01-24-2006, 08:23 PM
nice post
i believe most and enjoyed all of it

Miles
01-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Great read. Kind of suprised that Ron Artest didnt turn up on the list.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 08:59 PM
Didnt see a thread on it so here ya go. I dunno if its real but some of the stuff on here is rediculous. These athletes are real assholes IMO.

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_4103&pageNum=1
8. Phil Mickelson-Asshole? Uhh, I doubt that! He probably refused an interview with the SMUG-Zine.

AeroSquid
01-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Great read. Kind of suprised that Ron Artest didnt turn up on the list.

i agree but it's hard to argue about anyone who did make the list.

siberian khatru
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Good list, interesting anecdotes. But, um ... is a Bassmaster an ATHLETE?

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:12 PM

Ha. That was good.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
i agree but it's hard to argue about anyone who did make the list.

Oh really? I am trying to think of how someone could find a lot wrong with Phil. Please tell me what you have.

KcMizzou
01-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Oh really? I am trying to think of how someone could find a lot wrong with Phil. Please tell me what you have. That one struck me as a bit odd as well. I just don't know enough about the guy (or golf in general) to agrue with it.

Frazod
01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Seems like Bonds should have beaten out TO. He's the biggest prick in sports since Ty Cobb.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:23 PM
That one struck me as a bit odd as well. I just don't know enough about the guy (or golf in general) to agrue with it.

Fair.

I just remember when he won the big tounament, he was extra gracious and was not the least bit arrogant or expecting. Kind of honored. Seems like a good guy all around to me. Damned Smug-a-zine's!

KcMizzou
01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Fair.

I just remember when he won the big tounament, he was extra gracious and was not the least bit arrogant or expecting. Kind of honored. Seems like a good guy all around to me. Damned Smug-a-zine's! Yeah and it seemed like everyone from the golf fans I know to the media, were all very happy for him.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Seems like Bonds should have beaten out TO. He's the biggest prick in sports since Ty Cobb.

Rep for you!!!

Cochise
01-24-2006, 09:25 PM

I've seen him on TV before, he does act like a jackass.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah and it seemed like everyone from the golf fans I know to the media, were all very happy for him.

Indeed :thumb:

Miles
01-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah and it seemed like everyone from the golf fans I know to the media, were all very happy for him.

From what I have heard he is not the same around other players and PGA officials as he is with fans. He apparently is a complete ass around them.

siberian khatru
01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I've seen him on TV before, he does act like a jackass.

So does Clint, but he didn't make the list.

Simply Red
01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
From what I have heard he is not the same around other players and PGA officials as he is with fans. He apparently is a complete ass around them.

Followed him at the Bell South Classic as well as his career HE is not an asshole and I have never seen any occasion where he wasn't a gentleman. Lots of envy follow when you are Top Ten or so in the world. The true assholes seldom get recognized see Roger Clemmons and Barry Bonds and OJ Simpson etc.

Cochise
01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
So does Clint, but he didn't make the list.

ROFL

No, really he would catch a fish, and then jump up and down like he'd won the powerball, yell and point at the fish, flop around on the boat like a fish, etc. I wondered if the guy was on meth or something.

KcMizzou
01-24-2006, 09:44 PM
So does Clint, but he didn't make the list.But he's not an athlete.

Wait, does Clint like to fish?

Miles
01-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Followed him at the Bell South Classic as well as his career HE is not an asshole and I have never seen any occasion where he wasn't a gentleman. Lots of envy follow when you are Top Ten or so in the world. The true assholes seldom get recognized see Roger Clemmons and Barry Bonds and OJ Simpson etc.

I have always liked him as well. He is great with fans and the media but that doesn't mean that he is the same way behind the scenes with PGA officials and other players.

Psyko Tek
01-24-2006, 11:00 PM
ROFL

No, really he would catch a fish, and then jump up and down like he'd won the powerball, yell and point at the fish, flop around on the boat like a fish, etc. I wondered if the guy was on meth or something.

NO MAN !!!!!!

HE IS EXTREME!!!!!!

HE IS FISHING EXTREME!!!!!

that and he's an asshole

Miles
01-24-2006, 11:29 PM
NO MAN !!!!!!

HE IS EXTREME!!!!!!

HE IS FISHING EXTREME!!!!!

that and he's an asshole

Probably eats a lot of xtreme doritos and washes them down with some mountain dew.

Dunit35
01-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Im glad Barry Bonds is number 2. Hes a close 2nd, I hate him with a passion.

pikesome
01-24-2006, 11:56 PM
I thought it was interesting that the spin on their list was how the player's contemporaries viewed them. Almost no one talks bad about other players in their sport (as it should be) but you just know that some people are just obnoxious asses around their coworkers.

Oh, and Barry Bonds is crap, no doubt.

ferrarispider95
01-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I also heard a similar story about Phil, a while ago. Something about eating doritos in someone's backswing and they were pissed off.

Rausch
01-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Complete bull$#it.

WTF is Elway?!?!

pikesome
01-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Complete bull$#it.

WTF is Elway?!?!

Elway always seemed like the kind of player that his teammates could hate easy. I don't know that to be true and winning can be a powerful salve but I have long wondered what others player's opinions of Elway were.

Rausch
01-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Elway always seemed like the kind of player that his teammates could hate easy. I don't know that to be true and winning can be a powerful salve but I have long wondered what others player's opinions of Elway were.

You watch Marino on HBO's show and you see what happens when you allow bitterness to take your life over.

That guy is an INSANE asshole...

pikesome
01-25-2006, 12:52 AM
You watch Marino on HBO's show and you see what happens when you allow bitterness to take your life over.

That guy is an INSANE asshole...

Marino's an asshole? I guess I don't get that really but I can tell that he is upset over not getting a ring as well as the way everyone refers to him and his career. The best QB to never get a ring and such.

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:56 AM
What; Romanowski didn't make the list?

Rausch
01-25-2006, 12:56 AM
Marino's an asshole? I guess I don't get that really but I can tell that he is upset over not getting a ring as well as the way everyone refers to him and his career. The best QB to never get a ring and such.

He's the classic example of a guy screaming (I mean shouting) at his WR's and O line.

When we played the Dolphins (when Joe was QB, pretty sure it was 94) Dan was shouting and spitting and....it was nuts.

They won, but you thought it was for fear Dan would have them all incinerated if they didn't...