PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about interpreting dreams?

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:35 PM
I know dreams are, usually, just a bunch of subconscious gobbledy-goop, but this one was just so real.

I'm looking out a back window of the house I lived in as a child; the sky is a weird grey color, and I remember (in my dream) thinking that it was oddly light outside for being so late at night - sometime after midnight. I see through dense dark grey clouds at what appear to be the sun and the moon extremely close to one another. Suddenly I see a low small, dense, dark grey cloud hit the house as it blows overhead with a low thunder sound; almost like a thud. Then I see this massive, dark, swirling tornado, and we are directly in its path. I run out of the back room which is the kitchen yelling: "Tornado, tornado!!” I hurry my mom and youngest son, who for some reason seem to be the only other people there with me, out of the house to get into the car so I can drive them to the hospital basement a couple of blocks away. By this time the wind has begun to blow very violently. I got them both as far as out the front door when I woke up. For some reason I recall wearing my work jacket; my son was wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans, and my mom was wearing a light or white shirt and light blue pants. Why in the world I would remember such details is beyond me.

Anyone have any ideas?

Donger
01-25-2006, 12:37 PM
I know dreams are, usually, just a bunch of self conscious gobbledy-goop, but this one was just so real.

I'm looking out a back window of the house I lived in as a child; the sky is a weird grey color, and I remember (in my dream) thinking that it was oddly light outside for being so late at night - sometime after midnight. I see through dense dark grey clouds at what appear to be the sun and the moon extremely close to one another. Suddenly I see a low small, dense, dark grey cloud hit the house as it blows overhead with a low thunder sound; almost like a thud. Then I see this massive, dark, swirling tornado, and we are directly in its path. I run out of the back room which is the kitchen yelling: "Tornado, tornado!!” I hurry my mom and youngest son, who for some reason seem to be the only other people there with me, out of the house to get into the car so I can drive them to the hospital basement a couple of blocks away. By this time the wind has begun to blow very violently. I got them both as far as out the front door when I woke up. For some reason I recall wearing my work jacket; my son was wearing a dark shirt and blue jeans, and my mom was wearing a light or white shirt and light blue pants. Why in the world I would remember such details is beyond me.

Anyone have any ideas?

You're afraid of tornadoes.

sedated
01-25-2006, 12:39 PM
you're secretly gay and in love wth your boss

...did you say something about a dream?

morphius
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Its God warning you to get out of that damn mobilehome.

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:45 PM
You're afraid of tornadoes.
...Yes; I am.

you're secretly gay and in love wth your boss
I'm not gay, and I don't love you so quit trying.

Its God warning you to get out of that damn mobilehome.
Wrong again, we're in a house.

SLAG
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
it just proves that you are Nucking Futz

Donger
01-25-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm not gay, and I don't love you so quit trying.

sedated is your boss?

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:50 PM
sedated is your boss?

Nah, just a lame attempt to throw smack back at him. :D

MOhillbilly
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Is something wrong w/ your mom or son?

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
it just proves that you are Nucking Futz

Well that goes without saying, but what about my dream.

greg63
01-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Is something wrong w/ your mom or son?

Mom has a lot of health problems and my son has been going through that troubled teen stage lately. I must admit I have been concerned about them both.

sedated
01-25-2006, 12:55 PM
sedated is your boss?

only in this guy's crazy tornado gay-sex dreams

Frankie
01-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Have you experienced any "lost time" recently? Maybe aliens abducted youn and performed some goofy experimens on you! :hmmm:

MOhillbilly
01-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Mom has a lot of health problems and my son has been going through that troubled teen stage lately. I must admit I have been concerned about them both lately.

when i have bad dreams about my loved ones its always a protection theme,and its usualy around the time that theyre hurting or need help.

for you son-mother protection father-son protection.

just sayin.

sedated
01-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Have you experienced any "lost time" recently? Maybe aliens abducted you and performed some goofy experiments on you! :hmmm:

you know that great feeling after you take a huge dump?

Chiefs Pantalones
I know dreams are, usually, just a bunch of self conscious gobbledy-goop, but this one was just so real.

Anyone have any ideas?

You know how I know you're gay, you're telling us your dreams.

greg63
when i have bad dreams about my loved ones its always a protection theme,and its usualy around the time that theyre hurting or need help.

for you son-mother protection father-son protection.

just sayin.

...Makes since to me.

Thanks for your input.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:01 PM
If I were guessing, and I am, I'd guess that your subconscious is trying to tell you to prepare for some dramatic changes in your relationship with your mother and your son.

But that's a fairly wild guess...

Chiefs Pantalones
01-25-2006, 01:02 PM
True story...

One time when I was a kid, I had a dream that my dad was driving my brother and I somewhere, and we were in the back seat. He turned his head around to talk to us, and he had hamburger (the ball kind, the ones on pizza) for eyes. And then I woke up. I oddly had the same dream like 13 years later.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-25-2006, 01:04 PM
your son is doing to you what you did to your mother at his age. payback sucks

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
If I were guessing, and I am, I'd guess that your subconscious is trying to tell you to prepare for some dramatic changes in your relationship with your mother and your son.

But that's a fairly wild guess...

Thanks TJ. You're alright for a Donks fan. :D

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
your son is doing to you what you did to your mother at his age. payback sucks

Yup!

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:09 PM
It looks like a dream psycologist agrees with me:

http://www.dreamdoctor.com/common/tornadoes6.shtml

sedated
01-25-2006, 01:10 PM
here's one idea, don't hit the bong for at least one hour before you go to bed.

the weird dreams usually stop after that. (they did for me)

4th and Long
01-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Well Toto, your definitely not in Kansas anymore. :p

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:12 PM
It looks like a dream psycologist agrees with me:

http://www.dreamdoctor.com/common/tornadoes6.shtml

Thank you; this helps.

Chiefs Express
01-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Thanks TJ. You're alright for a Donks fan. :D

TJ is a donks fan? What is he doing here?

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
You bet... I got interested in dream interpretation a long time ago and have read quite a bit on it. I think dreams are one of the best tools a person can use for understanding themselves and their life situations, once they figure out the symbolism their subconsious uses to communicate.

Taco John
01-25-2006, 01:17 PM

Don't make me put you on ignore again Tom Cash.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Psychoanalytic, discovered by Mosoley.

Cochise
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM

Welcome back Tom

Cochise
01-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Don't make me put you on ignore again Tom Cash.

DAMN!!!

you beat me by less than a friggin minute.

Skip Towne
01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
I thought I smelled something.

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Well Toto, your definitely not in Kansas anymore. :p

ROFLROFL
Now all I need to do is go to Emerald City to.....

Cochise
01-25-2006, 01:30 PM

It's funny that his act is so easy to identify that he gets spotted in less than 2 dozen posts.

morphius
01-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Did you happen to watch Scrubs last night, might explain where the twister came from in your dream.

Skip Towne
01-25-2006, 01:31 PM
It's funny that his act is so easy to identify that he gets spotted in less than 2 dozen posts.
Yep, it looks like he is giving himself rep from one of his other accounts. I believe I'll go fix his rep.

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:33 PM
Did you happen to watch Scrubs last night, might explain where the twister came from in your dream.

Nope; I missed it.

Inspector
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it's sexual.

Let me clear that up:
dream expert = no
sexual expert = yes

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure it's sexual.

Let me clear that up:
dream expert = no
sexual expert = yes

Thank you Dr. Ruth. :D

joesomebody
01-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I had a dream last night that I was driving down a country road in my dad's 1976 Ford F150 (he sold it probably 12 years ago) and all of a sudden a golden retreiver darted out in front of me, I managed not to hit the dog but was about to hit a huge ditch and then a telephone pole when I woke up.

I remember as soon as the dog darted out in front of me I thought to myself, "Oh no, not a golden retreiver"

I have a 7 month old golden retreiver puppy, but the dog in my dream was not my dog...

It was strange because it was so vivid and I rarely remember my dreams...

greg63
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I had a dream last night that I was driving down a country road in my dad's 1976 Ford F150 (he sold it probably 12 years ago) and all of a sudden a golden retreiver darted out in front of me, I managed not to hit the dog but was about to hit a huge ditch and then a telephone pole when I woke up.

I remember as soon as the dog darted out in front of me I thought to myself, "Oh no, not a golden retreiver"

I have a 7 month old golden retreiver puppy, but the dog in my dream was not my dog...

It was strange because it was so vivid and I rarely remember my dreams...

I know what you mean.

Well, keep 'em commin; I gotta go to work. :banghead:

Thanks.

Inspector
01-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Martin Luther King had a dream.

I can't remember what it was about though.

Wile_E_Coyote
01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
stop thinking about it. In a couple of days you will be doing something mundane & out of the blue it will all make sense

Ari Chi3fs
01-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I was listening to an audio book by Stuart Wilde... and he mentioned that the Hindi have a night time ritual where they REPLAY in their mind their day in first person perspective in reverse order from Now, in bed, back until you woke that morning...

by doing so, you are able to eliminate your brains need to reprocess the day while you sleep... it adds to your visualization power, and enables you to have deep meaningful dreams.

I have been doing this, and have had dreams that I remember each morning.

Also, whenever you wake from a dream... IMMEDIATELY ask the 'participants' in your dream, why they are here, and what their meaning is... 9/10 you will get a valid response.

take it or leave it. heh.

Otter
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I was listening to an audio book by Stuart Wilde... and he mentioned that the Hindi have a night time ritual where they REPLAY in their mind their day in first person perspective in reverse order from Now, in bed, back until you woke that morning...

by doing so, you are able to eliminate your brains need to reprocess the day while you sleep... it adds to your visualization power, and enables you to have deep meaningful dreams.

Also, whenever you wake from a dream... IMMEDIATELY ask the 'participants' in your dream, why they are here, and what their meaning is... 9/10 you will get a valid response.

How do you ask the people in your dream what they're doing there after you wake up?

FAX
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
How do you ask the people in your dream what they're doing there after you wake up?

You just have to wait until they're asleep, Mr. Otter.

FAX

Ari Chi3fs
01-25-2006, 03:26 PM

technically, you are asking your subconcious what the meaning of their appearance in your dream... if you do it right at when you awaken, in that moment of fuzziness, you are most able to do this.

try it with an open mind... see if it works for you, if not, regardless... didnt cost you anything. heh.

Count Alex's Wins
01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
I think dreams are bullshit.

I had a dream about being hitler one night. Why?

I watched the trailer for The Producers and read a short story entitled "Darling Adolf" before going to sleep.

Of course I still don't quite understand why I had a dream about Scientology last night.

FAX
01-25-2006, 03:43 PM
I have a vital, technical, board question.

How do you parse the original post into separate pieces when replying to the post using quotes. I see people do it all the time, but I'm mystified.

It's when they do this ...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by SomeBody
Here's the stuff he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A reply to this chunk

Quote:
More stuff he said.

A reply to this chunk

etc.

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this important matter.

FAX

sedated
01-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Dreams are nothing but mind farts

Saulbadguy
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I know dreams are, usually, just a bunch of subconscious gobbledy-goop, but this one was just so real.

I'm looking out a back window of the house I lived in as a child; the sky is a weird grey color, and I remember (in my dream) thinking that it was oddly light outside for being so late at night - sometime after midnight.

This means you are gay.

I see through dense dark grey clouds at what appear to be the sun and the moon extremely close to one another. Suddenly I see a low small, dense, dark grey cloud hit the house as it blows overhead with a low thunder sound; almost like a thud.

This means you may or may not die very soon.

Then I see this massive, dark, swirling tornado, and we are directly in its path.

Emphasizes the gay.

mlyonsd
01-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I have a vital, technical, board question.

How do you parse the original post into separate pieces when replying to the post using quotes. I see people do it all the time, but I'm mystified.

It's when they do this ...

Quote:
Here's the stuff he said.

A reply to this chunk

Quote:
More stuff he said.

A reply to this chunk

etc.

Thank you in advance for your assistance on this important matter.

FAX

The quote tags fit around the data you want quoted. Click on quote on a message and you'll see'em. The beginning tag will look like [ QUOTE=FAX] (no spaces) and the end quote will be [ /QUOTE] (no spaces). Just put the text in between the tags.

You can manually type them in if you like.

FAX
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
The quote tags fit around the data you want quoted. Click on quote on a message and you'll see'em. The beginning tag will look like [ QUOTE=FAX] (no spaces) and the end quote will be [ /QUOTE] (no spaces). Just put the text in between the tags.

You can manually type them in if you like.

Thanks, Mr. mlyonsd.

FAX

Adept Havelock
01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Dreams, IMO, are the subconscious's disposal system.

MOhillbilly
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
i once had a dream that my mom and GF at the time were in the backyard of my place, and i was standing in the bathroom looking out the window towards the driveway.
I hear a car roar up and a crazyman w/a knife jumps out and started to attack my mom and gf.
try as hard as i could i couldnt get out of the bathroom and the crazyman just kept on attacking and the girls kept on screaming.

its the only time ive ever woke up w/ one hand in the sky screaming.

what does that mean?
haha

Chiefs Express
01-25-2006, 04:53 PM
The only dream I ever had I needed interpeting was when I was getting a BJ from Jaquelin Kennedy when I was a senior in HS.

greg63
01-26-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. :D

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:36 AM
The only dream I ever had I needed interpeting was when I was getting a BJ from Jaquelin Kennedy when I was a senior in HS.

I had this dream once where I was standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

Thoughts?

luv
01-26-2006, 12:41 AM
I had this dream once where I was standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at me.

Thoughts?
A few.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:46 AM
To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself.

To see the sun in your dream, symbolizes peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, fortune, goodwill, and insight. It also represents radiant energy. It is a good omen to have the sun shining in your dream.

To see the moon in your your dream, represents something hidden, mystery and the feminine aspect of your self. In particular, a full moon signifies completion, whereas a new moon symbolizes new beginnings.

To see a tornado in your dream, suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado, signifies that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You will be met with a series of disappointments for the next week or so. Your plans will be filled with complications.

To see several tornadoes in your dream, represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

To see or wear a jacket in your dream, represents the image that you want to present and project to the outside world. Alternatively, it symbolizes your protective and defensive persona. You tend to distant your feelings and as a result, you may be isolating yourself. Consider also the color, appearance, and type of jacket for additional significance.

KChiefsQT
01-26-2006, 12:51 AM

Thoughts?
To see pyramids in your dream, signifies that many new and major changes will be occurring in a short amount of time. It is a symbol of longevity, stability, and a firm foundation.

To see a naked person in your dream and you are disgusted by it, signifies some anxiety about discovering the naked truth about that person or situation. It may also foretell of an illicit love affairs, loss of prestige and scandalous activities. On the other hand, if you do not have any problem with another's nudity, then it implies that you see through people and accept them for who and what they are.

To see a group of women talking in your dream, refers to some gossip.

To see a pickle in your dream, signifies some anxiety, fear or realization that you will be in trouble.

Alternatively, a pickle may be seen as a symbol for the penis. Sexual messages from the unconscious are usually disguised in symbols

luv
01-26-2006, 12:54 AM
To see pyramids in your dream, signifies that many new and major changes will be occurring in a short amount of time. It is a symbol of longevity, stability, and a firm foundation.

To see a naked person in your dream and you are disgusted by it, signifies some anxiety about discovering the naked truth about that person or situation. It may also foretell of an illicit love affairs, loss of prestige and scandalous activities. On the other hand, if you do not have any problem with another's nudity, then it implies that you see through people and accept them for who and what they are.

To see a group of women talking in your dream, refers to some gossip.

To see a pickle in your dream, signifies some anxiety, fear or realization that you will be in trouble.

Alternatively, a pickle may be seen as a symbol for the penis. Sexual messages from the unconscious are usually disguised in symbols
Illicit love affairs. Fear or anxiety. Small pickles symbolic of penis. Hmmmm.... :hmmm:

Rausch
01-26-2006, 12:56 AM
Illicit love affairs. Fear or anxiety. Small pickles symbolic of penis. Hmmmm.... :hmmm:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089886/quotes

greg63
01-26-2006, 12:57 AM

Thoughts?

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

This is a line from a movie, but I can't remember what movie.

luv
01-26-2006, 12:59 AM
You have a knack for bringing up 20 year old movies that I haven't seen for at least 10-15 years.

greg63
01-26-2006, 01:00 AM

…Ahhh; Real Genius. Now I remember.

greg63
01-26-2006, 01:01 AM
To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. If you are looking in the window, then it indicates that you are doing some soul searching and looking within yourself.

To see the sun in your dream, symbolizes peace of mind, enlightenment, tranquility, fortune, goodwill, and insight. It also represents radiant energy. It is a good omen to have the sun shining in your dream.

To see the moon in your your dream, represents something hidden, mystery and the feminine aspect of your self. In particular, a full moon signifies completion, whereas a new moon symbolizes new beginnings.

To see a tornado in your dream, suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive?

To dream that you are in a tornado, signifies that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You will be met with a series of disappointments for the next week or so. Your plans will be filled with complications.

To see several tornadoes in your dream, represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship.

To see or wear a jacket in your dream, represents the image that you want to present and project to the outside world. Alternatively, it symbolizes your protective and defensive persona. You tend to distant your feelings and as a result, you may be isolating yourself. Consider also the color, appearance, and type of jacket for additional significance.

:hmmm: Interesting, thanks for your input.

greg63
01-26-2006, 01:15 AM

Interesting. :D

Frankie
01-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Dreams are nothing but mind farts
I was dreaming about you last night. Isn't it wierd? :hmmm:
:p

Chiefs Express
01-26-2006, 08:59 AM

Thoughts?

Not a chance.

greg63
01-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I was dreaming about you last night. Isn't it wierd? :hmmm:
:p

:hmmm:...Don't think I would admit that. :p :D

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
<hr style="color: rgb(202, 202, 202); background-color: rgb(202, 202, 202);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> So in my dream, I'm hanging out with my brother-in-law, David. For some reason, we decide to have our genitals replaced. That is to say, our wangs and balls cut off, and replaced with vaginas.

We get the operations, and go hit a gay bar. David goes back in the party room and is having a great time with all the gay dudes. I hang back in the main area, feeling weird. My vagina feels weird.

It is then that I discover I still love females. There's a chick standing around and I'm just undressing her with my eyes. She walks by me and the horrors hits me - I HAVE NO WANG. I am attracted to this female and there's NOTHING I can do about it.

I'm horrified. I ask David to leave the bar. We walk out to the car, where my sister is picking us up. At the last second, he decides to stay, and sits on a sort of "bus stop for gay pickups," happy with his new vagina.

I spend the car ride home thinking...wait a minute...maybe I don't have a vagina and no penis. Maybe this is all a dream.

I get home, run to the bathroom and check out my junk. I HAVE A PENIS! Then I look at my nutsack. It's all shriveled up. There's no nuts inside! I had my balls removed. Now, I only have one ball in real life, the other one is inside my body somewhere, undescended, so I'm not totally disappointed. But it's weird, because right there on my shriveled nutsack, is tattooed "Left ball removed by Dr. So-and-so." There's a little dimple where it used to be.

Then I woke up. And my undies were all bunched up in my buttcrack. Guess that's why I thought I had a vagina? I don't know. Horrifying dream. I literally ran to the bathroom upon awakening and was very relieved to find my dingus and berries intact and healthy.

Count Alex's Wins
10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
MY BALLS. COME ON!