PDA

View Full Version : Cornerbacks

el borracho
01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Which of the following cornerbacks will return in 2006?
Keving Garret
Gabriel Helms
Alphonso Hodge
Dexter McCleon
Justin Perkins
Benny Sapp
Patrick Surtain
Erik Warfield
DeWayne Washington
Julian Battle

I would guess Surtain, Warfield, Sapp, Battle and maybe Hodge or 2006 draft choice.

royr17
01-25-2006, 02:20 PM
I dont know

I Suppose
Surtain
Battle
Sapp
Hodge
Draft Pick

Count Zarth
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
Warfield isn't going anywhere, III.

royr17
01-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Ok, but he needs to restructure his contract ........

He'll probably be gone if he doesnt restructure his contract IMHO goqueer.

Chieficus
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Which of the following cornerbacks will return in 2006?
Keving Garret
Gabriel Helms
Alphonso Hodge
Dexter McCleon
Justin Perkins
Benny Sapp
Patrick Surtain
Erik Warfield
DeWayne Washington
Julian Battle

I would guess Surtain, Warfield, Sapp, Battle and maybe Hodge or 2006 draft choice.

Surtain, Warfield, Sapp are locks. I'd like to see us retain Washington, he did decent in spot duty when he was forced to come in. Depending on who we bring in, Hodge maybe or maybe not...

The rest are training camp fodder, and Battle was a DV project. He sucked his first year, was injured his second...I'll call him gone his third.

el borracho
01-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Keep in mind that Battle was practicing with the first unit this past offseason. Prior to his injuy, Gunther was pushing Battle to take Warfield's job.

phxchief
01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Surtain
Warfield
Sapp
Battle or Dewayne Washington... whoever Herm/Gun prefers
Rookie

PS---Hodge

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2006, 03:11 PM
I wish they would put either Battle or Warfield at free safety, their natural position. Preferlby Battle.

kcfanXIII
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
too late in his career to switch warfield back to fs. he's come along nicely, if we could just get gun to go to a cb1 and cb2 instead of lcb and rcb, we'll be alright.
surtain will be back, i think sapp showed alot of improvement. i'd like to have washington back, if you rmemeber he pretty much held moss to one catch in the game at arrowhead. draft a play maker and press the corners and the defense should look alot better.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Safety is the concern, I like our CB's. Surtain, Warfield, Sapp is a fairly good combo. I think Battle would make a good FS. Hell, he was All-SEC at it.

Hoover
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
too late in his career to switch warfield back to fs. he's come along nicely, if we could just get gun to go to a cb1 and cb2 instead of lcb and rcb, we'll be alright.
surtain will be back, i think sapp showed alot of improvement. i'd like to have washington back, if you rmemeber he pretty much held moss to one catch in the game at arrowhead. draft a play maker and press the corners and the defense should look alot better.
Shit my fat ass could have held Moss to one catch that game... HE WAS HURT

Still, I'm fine with Keeping Washington for insurance.

dj56dt58
01-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Shit my fat ass could have held Moss to one catch that game... HE WAS HURT

Still, I'm fine with Keeping Washington for insurance.

Yeah but Dexter couldn't have... :banghead:

NJ Chief Fan
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM
i remember reading somewhere on this site that hodge should be ready to contribute next season and that wasnt said by a planet member but coming out of dicks mouth in one of his final interviews

milkman
01-25-2006, 06:54 PM
i remember reading somewhere on this site that hodge should be ready to contribute next season and that wasnt said by a planet member but coming out of dicks mouth in one of his final interviews

I hope that Hodge is a player that can contribute.
I liked what I saw in the preseason.

But I have very little faith in Dick's defensive talent evaluation.
See his love for Hicks.

Mecca
01-25-2006, 07:25 PM

Actually, that thinking is kind of wrong, corners get moved to safety later in thier careers all the time.

I know everyone here loves Benny Sapp, but here's a comment that was attributed to him on a Cowboys forum about him and our corners......"I didn't think Surtain was awful, just the rest of the CB's were bad, in particular Benny Sapp who makes Duane Hawthorne look like Deion Sanders."

el borracho
01-25-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm really not so high on Sapp, mostly because I would prefer a taller CB for coverage. I hope Battle comes back from his injury and does something worth cheering about. (Sapp is 5'9", Battle is 6'2").

Mecca
01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Sapp is ok for what he is, problem is he should probably be a 5th corner that is a situational player.

We need a pretty significant DB overhaul over these next couple of years.