PDA

View Full Version : Giles,Watson and Hali

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 10:35 AM
3 guys that are intriguing.

OG Max Jean-Gilles 6-3.5 358 Georgia

gilles is a mammoth guard who reminds me a little bit of Brian Waters.

Gilles is heavier ... but if he lost a few pounds i think we'd have something special.

Good feet and tons of power.

DE Tamba Hali 6-2.2 267 Penn State

leonard Little-ish ... using speed to run around guys. Almost like a guard on a basketball court. But needs space to be successful imo.

can he develop a secondary move when an OT gets his hands on him?

can he do his thing and still defend the run?

DT Gabe Watson 6-3.2 341 Michigan

pure power ... think Vince Wilfork. Will fit into a system perfectly where they just ask him to hold the point and push. New england is a good example. Wilfork clogs the middle for the run and plays the screen passes ... allowing new england to rush from the edges without worrying about the middle.

does that fit our scheme?

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:41 AM
I think Jean-Gilles is probably the top guard in the draft, but I think Charles Spencer might fit our running game better. He's a bit smaller, but much more mobile. He was blowing holes open and getting downfield in the Senior Bowl.

He'll also be more likely to be available to us in round 2 (maybe later).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/charlesspencer.html

tomahawk kid
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I agree, I'd take any of the 3.

As mentioned in the other thread, ESPN has both Giles and Watson projected as second rounders.

Hali is projected to go in the first.......

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I think Jean-Gilles is probably the top guard in the draft, but I think Charles Spencer might fit our running game better. He's a bit smaller, but much more mobile. He was blowing holes open and getting downfield in the Senior Bowl.

He'll also be more likely to be available to us in round 2 (maybe later).

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/charlesspencer.html
but is our running game still the same?

changes to the starting running back and offensive coordinator might change the emphasis.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I agree, I'd take any of the 3.

As mentioned in the other thread, ESPN has both Giles and Watson projected as second rounders.

Hali is projected to go in the first.......

watson and Hali would be a great fit with each other.

watson stuff the middle while hali rush the edge

could you imagine getting them for our 1st and 2nd pick. :clap:

jspchief
01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
but is our running game still the same?

changes to the starting running back and offensive coordinator might change the emphasis.Our current OC is our previous O-line coach. I have to think he's going to continue to take advantage of the mobility of our linemen.

We run less of a zone blocking scheme with LJ than we did with Holmes, but I still think as long as we have guys that can move we'll continue to call plays that allow those guys to get downfield.

Of course, with the age of our line, maybe there will be changes.

RedThat
01-31-2006, 11:04 AM
Even though Will Shields is getting older, I would hate to see us draft a guard in the 1st round. Don't get me wrong, Jean-Gilles is a great prospect, we have other pressing needs.

even if he was available in the 2nd, I still wouldn't take him. Im content with Welbourn at guard.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 11:07 AM
Even though Will Shields is getting older, I would hate to see us draft a guard in the 1st round. Don't get me wrong, Jean-Gilles is a great prospect, we have other pressing needs.

even if he was available in the 2nd, I still wouldn't take him. Im content with Welbourn at guard.
i was looking at Gilles for more of a 2nd or maybe even 3rd round pick.

imo you don't take guards in the 1st round.

1st RD - Hali
2nd RD - Watson
3rd RD - Gilles

:D :thumb:

MOhillbilly
01-31-2006, 11:08 AM
i dont want any of them dudes in the first i want the Miami OT or the Texas OT.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 11:09 AM

even if he was available in the 2nd, I still wouldn't take him. Im content with Welbourn at guard.It's hard to say. With the age of our starting O-line, we are going to see some new faces there in the next year or two. A lot depends on the abilities of the young guys we already have on the team. I'll trust the coaches to know if those guys are sufficient.

I don't have a problem taking an O-lineman in the 2nd if he's the type of guy that has immediate starter potential. I realize we have deficiencies on defense, but I also see the age of this offense as a looming dark cloud.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 11:11 AM
i dont want any of them dudes in the first i want the Miami OT or the Texas OT.
Jonathan Scott 6-6.1 310 Texas
Eric Winston 6-6.3 302 Miami

?? :hmmm:

winston looked like crap at the senior bowl imo

RedThat
01-31-2006, 11:15 AM

1st RD - Hali
2nd RD - Watson
3rd RD - Gilles

:D :thumb:

I can live with that draft. Id be ecstatic if that happened.

I don't know if Watson would be there in the 2nd? And I dont think Giles will be there in the 3rd? But, you never know. DJ fell to us.

jspchief
01-31-2006, 11:18 AM

1st RD - Hali
2nd RD - Watson
3rd RD - Gilles

:D :thumb:I imagine we're picking about 5-10 spots too late to get those three guys.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 11:19 AM
I imagine we're picking about 5-10 spots too late to get those three guys.

don't spoil my dreams :harumph:

MOhillbilly
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Jonathan Scott 6-6.1 310 Texas
Eric Winston 6-6.3 302 Miami

?? :hmmm:

winston looked like crap at the senior bowl imo

i read somewhere that he was coming off a knee injury.Not sure if it was during the season or from last season.

RedThat
01-31-2006, 11:24 AM
It's hard to say. With the age of our starting O-line, we are going to see some new faces there in the next year or two. A lot depends on the abilities of the young guys we already have on the team. I'll trust the coaches to know if those guys are sufficient.

I don't have a problem taking an O-lineman in the 2nd if he's the type of guy that has immediate starter potential. I realize we have deficiencies on defense, but I also see the age of this offense as a looming dark cloud.

I think Jordan Black can be a fine guard in the NFL.

Welbourn is versitile, he can play both guard, and right tackle. He is only 29 years old.

Waters is going to be here for while. And he is only 29.

Wiegman is 33. With the way he is going, it wouldn't surprise me if he can play another 3,4 years.

The only concern I have is at LT with Roaf. The rest of the O-line appears to be ok.

Its not bad. Im not gonna overreact on the age issues with the O-line. I dont think its bad.

MOhillbilly
01-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Its not bad. Im not gonna overreact on the age issues with the O-line. I dont think its bad.

we looked kinda pathetic w/ out Roaf.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2006, 11:31 AM

Roaf is a key ... but to be honest general health is a key. We just all noticed because Roaf is the guy that got hurt.

if we lose Oline starters we are going to not look as good.

we do need to draft an OT ... but our window is closing. If we can draft a defender that can start quickly then we need to grab him this year.

RedThat
01-31-2006, 11:35 AM

Thats why I said the only concern I have on our O-line is at LT with Roaf.

The rest of the line, however, is not bad.

BigChiefFan
01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised you started a new thread, since we have been discussing these same players, but I don't believe we have a chance in Hell at Hali at 20-the kid is just too damn talented. I have to pray Kiwi's time at the combine just blows other teams away, otherwise, without a trade up, I don't see it happening.

Max Jean-Giles is a stud guard prospect and I do believe he will actually go in the 1st round, he's that talented. However, I think he will go lower than 20. A trade down would be in the cards, if we want Jean-Giles. I PREFER a starter on day one. With Shields returning our 1st rounder rides the pine and I don't like that idea.

Gabe Watson is the big-bodied NT we have been seeking. I'm a little concerned about his up and downplay as well, but I think he is definitely a 1st rounder, but I see another trade down.

htismaqe
02-01-2006, 05:13 AM
watson and Hali would be a great fit with each other.

watson stuff the middle while hali rush the edge

could you imagine getting them for our 1st and 2nd pick. :clap:

:drool:

Mr. Laz
04-30-2006, 03:04 PM
they were there for the taking

jspchief
04-30-2006, 03:56 PM
they were there for the takingWe got one of them and the other two fell off the map as the off-season progressed.