02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/melkiper/

tyton75
02-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Why/How did Kiwi drop off the board?

Reaper16
02-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Poor Senior Bowl week. (Going up against D'Brickashaw)

htismaqe
02-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Kiwi dropped off pretty much for the reason I was worried about.

He relies on his first step, but he's very lanky and has little leverage.

The report out of the Senior Bowl was that once an offensive lineman got their hands on him, he was done.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2006, 01:13 PM
got owned by a couple different OT's in practice during senior bowl week and then didn't play in the game because of a dinged up wrist.

Dunit35
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
got owned by a couple different OT's in practice during senior bowl week and then didn't play in the game because of a dinged up wrist.

I wonder if he will get picked in the first or not. 11-20 or 21-32?

Reaper16
02-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I highly doubt Kiwi goes in the top 20 now.

Tribal Warfare
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm really getting a strong feeling that KC is going to draft Gabe Watson, kind of like the one I had with drafting DJ. :rockon:

Mr. Laz
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
i tivo'd the practices from the NFL network ... Kiwi looked bad

he only had one move and his balance was poor.

more than once the OT's just shifted and Kiwi fell flat .... the OT's just leaned on him and pinned him to the ground. :shake:

he's one of these guys that's better in a game ... but then he got hurt and didn't play in the game.

Just killed his stock imo

Mr. Laz
02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm really getting a strong feeling that KC is going to draft Gabe Watson, kind of like the one I had with drafting DJ. :rockon:
what would happen if we put 2 big nose tackle type guys on the inside of our 4-3 defense?

dalton and Watson?? .... that's a lot of beef!

htismaqe
02-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Dalton and Sims are both about 315. And they both play the same position.

So either way, we'd have some big beef up there.

Mr. Laz
02-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Dalton and Sims are both about 315. And they both play the same position.

So either way, we'd have some big beef up there.

was kinda my point, instead of having a "undertackle" ... have 2 nose tackles that totally clog up the middle.

Would that protect our linebackers and stuff the run enough to allow us to generate a pass rush elsewhere?

jspchief
02-06-2006, 10:25 AM
was kinda my point, instead of having a "undertackle" ... have 2 nose tackles that totally clog up the middle.

Would that protect our linebackers and stuff the run enough to allow us to generate a pass rush elsewhere?It might.

My problem with that is relying on LBs to generate the pass rush, while not doing much to keep the QB from stepping up into the pocket. I prefer to get the pressure from the D-line, because those guys are never leaving their man open to get to the QB, they are just beating their man.

If we could get a DT that actually pushes the pocket from the middle, it makes our edge rushers like Allen more effective, not to mention blitzing LBs

htismaqe
02-06-2006, 10:26 AM

Would that protect our linebackers and stuff the run enough to allow us to generate a pass rush elsewhere?

What I'm saying is that if we could get production out of a guy like Watson and didn't have to rely on Browning and Siavii, Sims could be moved to his natural position (where Dalton is playing now).

Sims wouldn't have to play NT and constantly be subjected to double-teams. If Watson could eat up 2 blockers, we might actually be able to get some production out of our highest pick in 15 years...

tk13
02-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I highly doubt Kiwi goes in the top 20 now.
And I remember last year people had him going top 7-10 in mock drafts before he pulled out of the draft...

Mecca
02-06-2006, 11:26 PM
If Kiwanuka is there at 20..........I'll be pissed if we don't draft him unless there is a clearcut better player.

htismaqe
02-07-2006, 07:48 AM
I hope we don't take Kiwi. I was worried he was a 1-trick pony before, now I know he is.

Tribal Warfare
02-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Guys, I really think KC will go after/pick Gabe Watson, it's the same intuitive reasoning that I had with DJ. :hmmm:

We have to wait and see.