PDA

View Full Version : An all around classic on T.V.

Dunit35
02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Dazed and Confused is on AMC now. I love this movie. Great soundtrack and an all around great movie. I love every minute of it. What does everybody think of this movie? Makes me wish I was in high school during the 70's.

tyton75
02-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Best all-time quote, "Thats what I like about high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age..."

Dunit35
02-06-2006, 07:28 PM
Best all-time quote, "Thats what I like about high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age..."

Mathew Macohaney (sp?) is funny as hell in this movie. A 10 in my book.

tyton75
02-06-2006, 07:40 PM
plus its probably the one and only movie that Ben Affleck actually "acted" in

Psyko Tek
02-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Dazed and Confused is on AMC now. I love this movie. Great soundtrack and an all around great movie. I love every minute of it. What does everybody think of this movie? Makes me wish I was in high school during the 70's.

the soundtrack kicked ass
had two disks of it, my god, was that the best of my high school years

Chiefsrocker
02-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I still have both discs!! Great movie!

greg63
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Sadly; Iíve not seen it. I feel so incomplete. :shake:

CosmicPal
02-06-2006, 11:33 PM
One of the best movies/comedies of all time. The movie is profoundly authentic of the times and places of the 70's. It's freakin' weird man- the long hair, the dress, the language, the identifiable characters that lurked in every high school with Rory Cochran (CSI) as the hilarious stoner, Slater- who had his eyes closed most of the time and pretty much laughed at everything, man.

Then you had your jerk-off jock who needed some real anger management in Ben Affleck's character. Every high school had one and they didn't so much scare you 'cause of their physical strength, but rather that they were psychos, man.

You had Matthew McConaughey who played Wooderson the aging party animal who still hung out with the high schoolers "I dig those red heads man!"

And you had your neurotic loser in Adam Goldberg who gets into a fight to try to make sense with everything.

And the chicks in the movie, man. Awww man, they were freakin' down with it, man. They were groovy, man. They had it so real. They were like all the chicks were in the 70's.

OK, ok...enough with that. Great movie. Great soundtrack. Authentic as hell.

Dunit35
02-06-2006, 11:59 PM
One of the best movies/comedies of all time. The movie is profoundly authentic of the times and places of the 70's. It's freakin' weird man- the long hair, the dress, the language, the identifiable characters that lurked in every high school with Rory Cochran (CSI) as the hilarious stoner, Slater- who had his eyes closed most of the time and pretty much laughed at everything, man.

Then you had your jerk-off jock who needed some real anger management in Ben Affleck's character. Every high school had one and they didn't so much scare you 'cause of their physical strength, but rather that they were psychos, man.

You had Matthew McConaughey who played Wooderson the aging party animal who still hung out with the high schoolers "I dig those red heads man!"

And you had your neurotic loser in Adam Goldberg who gets into a fight to try to make sense with everything.

And the chicks in the movie, man. Awww man, they were freakin' down with it, man. They were groovy, man. They had it so real. They were like all the chicks were in the 70's.

OK, ok...enough with that. Great movie. Great soundtrack. Authentic as hell.

Since I wasn't alive back in the 70's I never got see this kind of stuff. I bet it was awesome to be in High School back then. Makes me wonder what my dad did back in those days.

ZepSinger
02-07-2006, 07:53 AM
Since I wasn't alive back in the 70's I never got see this kind of stuff. I bet it was awesome to be in High School back then. Makes me wonder what my dad did back in those days.

I graduated HS in '74. Oh yeah, that flick was indeed a mirror of the times...