PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Anyone sell insurance?

Craash
02-07-2006, 09:44 AM
We're thinking of moving insurance companies. Anyone CP members in the business?

It will involve:

Home, Life, Auto.

Rooster
02-08-2006, 10:41 AM
We just switched our auto to Progressive and dropped Allstate. There was a HUGE difference in price for the same coverage for whatever reason. We were really impressed with their customer service too. You should look at them as an option. No I don't work for Progressive :)

DMAC
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
We just switched our auto to Progressive and dropped Allstate. There was a HUGE difference in price for the same coverage for whatever reason. We were really impressed with their customer service too. You should look at them as an option. No I don't work for Progressive :)
Progressive is OK, but you have to realize that when it comes down to issues being dealt with, claims, changes, suggestions, or anything that arises out of your policy, you have to deal with a non-licensed customer service rep. You don't have a qualified agent helping you along the way. And anyway, I beat Progressives prices every day.

Bye the way Craash, I PM'd you my website if you would like to get quotes.

Hoover
02-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't like Internet Companies like Progressive

I use Farm Bureau, its the largest pool in my state (Iowa). To me insurance isn't just about getting a great rate, I want a company that I can trust, and will be there when the shit hits the fan.

I currently have my Home, Auto, and Health Insurance with them. The service has been great.

Craash
02-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think I'd like to stay will one company for my home/life/auto, so that elimates Progressive, at least to my knowlege.

Bill Lundberg
02-08-2006, 03:34 PM
IMO State Farm is the best in KC, I have an awesome referal for you if you're intersted PM me.

Skip Towne
02-08-2006, 03:37 PM
I will be needing a contractor's liability policy shortly.

foxman
02-08-2006, 03:44 PM
I use Farm Bureau, its the largest pool in my state (Iowa). To me insurance isn't just about getting a great rate, I want a company that I can trust, and will be there when the shit hits the fan.

I currently have my Home, Auto, and Health Insurance with them. The service has been great.

I have Farm Bureau for everything as well, but I am sure it varies from one state to the next. I am in North Carolina FWIW.

IA_Chiefs_fan
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Anyone here sell Health Insurance?

morphius
02-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Anyone here sell Health Insurance?
I know someone who does, but not in Iowa.

alnorth
02-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I work as a Personal Lines Pricing Actuary for one of the major national P&C Insurance companies. (ie, I'm one of the guys that decides how much my company will charge each group of people for insurance)

Blanket statements such as "this company is cheaper than that company" are very hard to make. In reality we carve out pieces of the marketplace that we want to go after vs our competitors. So, in your specific case with your lifestyle, type of car, type of house, deductible, amount of insurance, etc my company may have made the decision that you are a good risk and we want your business (thus we give an attractive rate compared to State Farm and Allstate). Conversely, we could also have decided that your a lousy risk, we dont want your business, and so we'll offer you an astronomical rate, allowing you to go to the competition (where youll hopefully submit tons of claims and lose them money).

As for your situation, do you live in the Kansas or Missouri side of the border? How good is your credit, if your comfortable saying? (yes, I'm serious) Do you drive new cars and live in new houses and are they expensive? Do you have a good driving history? How old are you? What is your house made of? What kind of shingles do you have on the roof?

All of these questions could make my company a lot cheaper than, about the same as, or more expensive than the competition.

NJ Chief Fan
insurance is over rated

Ari Chi3fs
Uh, I do... heh. Just send me a check for around $500 a month... that should be fine.