PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Chiefs news from KCChiefs.com...

shaneo69
02-07-2006, 11:10 AM
EDWARDS NAMES FINAL THREE ASSISTANTS TO HIS STAFF
Feb 07, 2006, 11:40:13 AM

Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards announced on Tuesday that he has added three more members to his coaching staff. As per club policy, terms of the agreements were not announced. Edwards announced that Jon Embree (tight ends), David Gibbs (defensive backs) and Mike Ketchum (offensive assistant/quality control) are joining the Chiefs coaching staff.

Embree joins the Chiefs as the club’s tight ends coach from the collegiate level where he spent the previous three seasons at UCLA (2003-05), coaching the tight ends his final two years. Prior to joining the UCLA staff, Embree spent 10 seasons (’93-02) at his alma mater of Colorado working in a variety of coaching positions. He began his career as a volunteer assistant at Colorado in ‘91 and as an assistant coach at Douglas County High School (’92) in Colorado. The Los Angeles, California native was a four-year letterman at Colorado, ending his collegiate career with 80 receptions for 1,116 yards with five TDs. Embree was drafted in the sixth-round by the L.A. Rams in the ‘87 NFL Draft, playing in 13 games in two seasons (’87-88) with the Rams before suffering a career-ending elbow injury with Seattle in ‘89.

Gibbs comes to Kansas City as the Chiefs defensive backs coach after spending the 2005 season as the defensive coordinator/secondary coach at Auburn. He brings a wealth of AFC West experience to Kansas City after coaching the defensive backs four seasons at Denver (2001-04). He helped lead the Broncos to a number three ranking in total defense in 2003. The Mt. Airy, North Carolina served as the defensive coordinator at the University of Minnesota (’97-00) prior to embarking on his NFL career. He also enjoyed collegiate coaching stops at Kansas (’95-96), Colorado (’93-94) and Oklahoma (’91). As a defensive back at Colorado, Gibbs played in two Orange Bowl games and helped lead the Buffaloes to a 37-10-1 record in his four-year career.

Ketchum was named the Chiefs offensive assistant/ quality control coach after spending the previous three seasons as a defensive graduate assistant coach at Iowa (2003-05). During his tenure at Iowa, the Hawkeyes posted a 27-10 record and registered two bowl game victories. The Ft. Benning, Georgia native joined the Iowa coaching staff after serving two seasons as the video coordinator at Vanderbilt (2001-02). He began his collegiate coaching career as a graduate assistant coach at Cumberland College (’99-00). Ketchum was a four-year letterman as a member of the football team at the University of the South where he also played rugby.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/02/07/edwards_names_final_three_assistants_to_his_staff/

jspchief
02-07-2006, 11:11 AM
This is breaking news? Didn't we know this last week?

jspchief
02-07-2006, 11:15 AM
I guess we knew two of the three last week.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=134991

Ketchum is new. I don't really know what his job will entail, but anyone that comes from Iowa and Norm Parker's defensive tutelage is good in my book.

shaneo69
02-07-2006, 11:24 AM
This is breaking news? Didn't we know this last week?

I guess the official site was waiting just to make sure none of them pulled an Az Hakim.

Phobia
02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
This is why Chiefsplanet is the undisputable #1 board.

Seek
02-07-2006, 11:28 AM

is that your mean tone again.

Sully
02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
You only want to hurt.

Phobia
02-07-2006, 11:31 AM
is that your mean tone again.

You've met me and understand the dumbassery. Most of the ChiefsPlanet people "get" me. I've had more trouble being misunderstood over at CC than any other place on the internet. Which is why I try to be careful on threads some of those vaginas are likely to read.

Bowser
02-07-2006, 11:38 AM

Al Saunders agrees with you.

Count Zarth
02-07-2006, 12:26 PM
No points.

Seek
02-07-2006, 12:26 PM
You've met me and understand the dumbassery. Most of the ChiefsPlanet people "get" me. I've had more trouble being misunderstood over at CC than any other place on the internet. Which is why I try to be careful on threads some of those vaginas are likely to read.

I fully understand 100% of what you are saying. I can probably name most of the people over there, you had problems with. Including the mods. things that get you in trouble over there, gets you rep over here. I get away with it, because I was there before most of them and they know me. Still there is a few High Strung people who take everything literally.

Phobia
02-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Actually, most of the stuff has been from a couple of the ladies and Murph - who I consider to be a friend. Murph just doesn't like people to make jokes that are on the edge. He's more of a knock-knock guy.

htismaqe
02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Shane was being sarcastic.

I love it.

KCChiefs.com announces it 2 weeks after we've talked it to death...

Mr. Flopnuts
02-07-2006, 01:38 PM

ROFL I haven't laughed this hard since the Superbowl, thanks Phob.........F*ck, I'm included in this.

Logical
02-07-2006, 06:05 PM
You've met me and understand the dumbassery. Most of the ChiefsPlanet people "get" me. I've had more trouble being misunderstood over at CC than any other place on the internet. Which is why I try to be careful on threads some of those vaginas are likely to read.I do know you Phil and I am suprised to hear you call the folks at your new BB vaginas. Makes me question whether someone has access to your account.

Edit I just noticed you said CC, I missed that, what is CC?

Fruit Ninja
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I see someone is bitter!