PDA

View Full Version : Bradway out as Jets GM

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Bradway Out As Jets GM
By Jets Insider.com Staff

mail@jetsinsider.com
February 7th, 2006

The Jets have called a “Major” press conference for 3PM today and it’s reportedly to announce that Terry Bradway is out as the Jets’ general manager and will be replaced by assistant GM Mike Tannenbaum.

Multiple sources are confirming the news. Tannenbaum, 36, who is being promoted from the assistant GM position and has been with the Jets organization for nine years and will reportedly take over Bradway’s duties immediately.

Sources say that Bradway, who has been with the organization for five seasons as GM, for now will stay with the team in a reduced role, possibly in scouting or player evaluation. He still has two years remaining on his contract.

Check back to Jets Insider.com often for more information on this breaking story.

Phobia
02-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I was trying to post this half an hour ago, damnit.

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
I was trying to post this half an hour ago, damnit.

me too :(

Mr. Laz
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
in other news, Bradway has reached an agreement to join the chiefs as assistant GM.

Bradway,Edwards and Peterson seen laughing during lunch...

Phobia
02-07-2006, 12:31 PM
me too :(

Well.... actually, I've been trying to post it for 33 minutes.

cmh6476
in other news, Bradway has reached an agreement to join the chiefs as assistant GM.

Bradway,Edwards and Peterson seen laughing during lunch...

i was thinkin that, except for the fact the article states he'll stay on with the jets :shrug:

tk13
What the heck? They go through this whole offseason drama, completely turn over the coaching staff, then decide to fire the GM. Makes sense.

cmh6476
Well.... actually, I've been trying to post it for 33 minutes.

yeah, but how many times did you press F5? :shrug:

Chiefnj
02-07-2006, 12:32 PM
What an unusual organization. Typically, you fire the GM and then you let the new GM have input on the head coach, etc.

KCTitus
02-07-2006, 12:33 PM
What an unusual organization. Typically, you fire the GM and then you let the new GM have input on the head coach, etc.

I agree...

htismaqe
02-07-2006, 12:34 PM

There's a reason they've been a bottom-of-the-barrel team for decades...

Cochise
02-07-2006, 12:34 PM
I take it we all got the same email and all came here to post it when the site was down.

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I take it we all got the same email and all came here to post it when the site was down.

it appears that at least a handful didnt get it :shrug:

Mr. Laz
02-07-2006, 12:37 PM
why do you think the site was down...

1000 chiefs fan came to the planet and all tried to post the same news at the same time .......... nearly crashed the internet.

Chiefnj
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM
There's a reason they've been a bottom-of-the-barrel team for decades...

Bottom-of-the-barrel, but still a lot more success than KC in the last decade. Ouch.

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Bottom-of-the-barrel, but still a lot more success than KC in the last decade. Ouch.

that's kinda what I was thinking. I wish we would be bottom of the barrell if bottom of the barrell means playoffs 3 of 5 years :|

Phobia

Actually, I got a phone call from Hess family.

nychief
Let the grooming of Bradway as the next Chief's GM begin. Also, let the slitting of my wrists begin.

chefsos
02-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Apparently, Tannenbaum hired Mangini. Looks like Bradway's ticket was punched a while ago.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/ny-spjets0208,0,3978333.story?coll=ny-sports-headlines

Assistant general manager Mike Tannenbaum, who was instrumental in the hiring of head coach Eric Mangini, will replace Bradway.

Cochise
02-07-2006, 12:41 PM

Name dropper. :harumph: :p

Amnorix
02-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Rumor has it that there was a bit of a power struggle between Bradway and Tannenbaum (the cap guy) over who the coach should be. Tannenbaum won, and Mangini became the coach.

Now, apparently, Mangini and Tannenbaum have ousted Bradway (who is an incompetent buffoon) with Tannenbaum, who is just a cap guy. We'll see. It's the takeover of the young guns -- 30-something coach and GM, for the Jets.

chefsos
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
"Please return the toy truck in the original packaging, and we won't cause a scene."

htismaqe
02-07-2006, 12:52 PM
that's kinda what I was thinking. I wish we would be bottom of the barrell if bottom of the barrell means playoffs 3 of 5 years :|

You'd take the 3 playoff appearances, with no wins of consequence in those playoffs, of a team that has a losing record over it's history?

That's pretty sad.

The ultimate in "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 12:59 PM
You'd take the 3 playoff appearances, with no wins of consequence in those playoffs, of a team that has a losing record over it's history?

That's pretty sad.

The ultimate in "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

you can spin it however you want. All I want is the chiefs to have success in the playoffs. Seems the Jets have been closer as of late then we have. Maybe I'm missing something.

htismaqe
02-07-2006, 01:02 PM
you can spin it however you want. All I want is the chiefs to have success in the playoffs. Seems the Jets have been closer as of late then we have. Maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah, you're missing that the Jets have been the laughing stock of the NFL for nearly 30 years. Overall, they're the worst team in the history of the game.

I'm not saying the Chiefs' playoff absences aren't disgusting, but wishing that we were the Jets is, well, dumb.

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah, you're missing that the Jets have been the laughing stock of the NFL for nearly 30 years. Overall, they're the worst team in the history of the game.

I'm not saying the Chiefs' playoff absences aren't disgusting, but wishing that we were the Jets is, well, dumb.

if that is what I were wishing then yes it would be dumb. But to criticize any other franchise with the success (or lack thereof) we have had is also dumb.

oldandslow
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM

well...

the Jets won the superbowl in 1969...

we won it in 70.

I suppose that makes us "laughing stock lite."

Braincase
02-07-2006, 01:05 PM
The Curse of Brian Schottenheimer

chefsos
02-07-2006, 01:11 PM
1050 radio is carrying the press conference, and Michael Kay is going mildly beserk over all of this, starting with Herm. Comedy.

http://www.1050espnradio.com/

oldandslow
02-07-2006, 01:18 PM
htismage...

although after checking the records the Chiefs have won 279 games since 1970...

The Jets...238.

So maybe they are in a laughing stock league of their own:).

cmh6476
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
htismage...

although after checking the records the Chiefs have won 279 games since 1970...

The Jets...238.

So maybe they are in a laughing stock league of their own:).

i'm sure the postseason records arent far off :|

Amnorix
02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
The Jets have been consistently among the absolute worst of NFL teams. They have 1 Super Bowl appearance, which admittedly was a win, but was over 30 years ago. They have not fielded a truly, consistently good team since the late 70s. The last few years they have been ok, but nothing special. In '98 they went to the AFCC, which was solid. Then they went through a bit of turmoil. They won the AFC East in 2002, but with a 9-7 record.

And they have had a long and inglorious history of head coaches since Weeb Ewbank, with Parcells as really the long exception. Herm is ok, but hasn't proven to be anything special as of yet.

TEX
02-07-2006, 01:32 PM
The Jets have been consistently among the absolute worst of NFL teams. They have 1 Super Bowl appearance, which admittedly was a win, but was over 30 years ago. They have not fielded a truly, consistently good team since the late 70s. The last few years they have been ok, but nothing special. In '98 they went to the AFCC, which was solid. Then they went through a bit of turmoil. They won the AFC East in 2002, but with a 9-7 record.

And they have had a long and inglorious history of head coaches since Weeb Ewbank, with Parcells as really the long exception. Herm is ok, but hasn't proven to be anything special as of yet.

Yep. Kind of like the Patriots, before Parcells and Bellicheck, (sp?) except for the '69 Super Bowl win? ;)

PastorMikH
02-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Guess the Jets weren't too happy with the Herm trade. Shoot, since he lost his job anyway, he should have given us Herm for free, got fired sooner, and came over as a scout for us.:)

FringeNC
02-07-2006, 01:38 PM

I read where Bradway wanted Mike Tice, and was overruled by someone.

Also, I doubt he stays on. The Jets are just saying they won't have to pay his salary if he lands somewhere else. We better not give up draft picks for this guy.

FITM
02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I feel so bad for Chiefs fans if Bradway ends up in KC. As a Jets fan, the past 5 years were horrible drafts. Only bright spot we have on the team since he has been the GM, Vilma.

Basileus777
02-07-2006, 02:50 PM
I feel so bad for Chiefs fans if Bradway ends up in KC. As a Jets fan, the past 5 years were horrible drafts. Only bright spot we have on the team since he has been the GM, Vilma.

I think your drafts have actually been better than ours....not that that is saying much.

cdcox
02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
My greatest fear is that Peterson Lite will take over the Chiefs one day. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to seen the end of that debacle. I think that a permenant ban on Bradway having any connection with the Chiefs whatsoever needs to be part of any staidum funding initiatives.

chuxtrux
02-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Bradway isn't that bad, I would have him back with the Chiefs in his old job

cdcox
02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Bradway isn't that bad, I would have him back with the Chiefs in his old job

That would confirm his status as heir-apparent to CP's throne, which he may be anyway. I want him as far away from the Chiefs as possible.