PDA

View Full Version : Another officiating thread- What I hope someone does in the near future

B_Ambuehl
02-07-2006, 02:19 PM
If they haven't already.....Start an independent scouting service that only deals with the officiating kind've like what that footballscientist guy does with football stats. Each week of the season hire people to go through and take stats for the crew, the individual officials, how many calls they made, how many calls they blew, questionable calls, the tendencies under which they make calls (how many holding calls does a given official call against a road team when the ball is inside the 20 yd line on 3rd down?) etc. and their tendencies.

Subscribers will be able to see all the officials and all of their various season statistics. That way that information will no longer be 100% private and there's no way the NFL can hide behind the fact that they're trying to screw road teams unless it's manning or brady playing etc.

Just an idea. For all I know this has already been done by some gambling service but if not it sure could be.

SLAG
02-07-2006, 02:24 PM
From What I understand There is a Ref HQ in NY that has like 20 some Refs in the command center they review all the games and all the calls and they grade the refs that are calling the games.

it was really cool.. Its like an underground undisclosed location very hush hush

Bowser
02-07-2006, 02:25 PM
I just hope they call the Pro Bowl down the middle.

SPchief
02-07-2006, 02:26 PM
YAY another GREAT thread by B_Ambuehl

B_Ambuehl
02-07-2006, 02:47 PM
From What I understand There is a Ref HQ in NY that has like 20 some Refs in the command center they review all the games and all the calls and they grade the refs that are calling the games.

it was really cool.. Its like an underground undisclosed location very hush hush

Yeah there is but they keep all that information secret. It would be nice to have all that info made public which is what i'm talking about would accomplish. Wouldn't take much either. Scouting tape would be ideal, but anyone that had a subscription to D-TVs superfan package would be able to do it. Hell, that's all that KC Joyner uses. Even someone with a jr. high level of officiating knowledge can review tape and tell with very good accuracy whether a call should be made or not.