PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl - Dirty, Clean, or merely Ugly?

Frazod
02-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Let's keep the options simple.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Let's keep the options simple.
No Gaz option?

BITCH! :cuss:

Bowser
02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Pittsburg just didn't try to lose as hard as Seattle did, suck officials notwithstanding.

Logical
02-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I guess I missed where the first answer implied the league was in on the raping. The simple fact to me is that Seattle was raped, even though I don't believe a conspiracy was involved.

Maybe there is something to the WWNFL reference I don't understand. I know I don't know what that acronym stands for.

Dunit35
02-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Ugly.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 07:51 PM
I guess I missed where the first answer implied the league was in on the raping. The simple fact to me is that Seattle was raped, even though I don't believe a conspiracy was involved.

Maybe there is something to the WWNFL reference I don't understand. I know I don't know what that acronym stands for.

The acronym is in reference to the WWF, WWE, and whatever pro-wrestling leagues there are.

He could have said pro boxing, it actually would probably be a better comparison as the WWF is all scripted.

chagrin
02-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Dude, Raiderhader is back! what=ta dah f*ck-a is a chinese-a down-a-hill? Where the heck have you been?

tk13
02-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Ugly. Thought the Seahawks sucked, the Steelers sucked less, the halftime sucked, the pregame sucked, the officiating sucked, the postgame sucked, the commercials sucked, the coaching sucked, the weather sucked, it sucked. All of it. Sucked. Ugly. All of it.

Bowser
02-07-2006, 07:58 PM
Ugly. Thought the Seahawks sucked, the Steelers sucked less, the halftime sucked, the pregame sucked, the officiating sucked, the postgame sucked, the commercials sucked, the coaching sucked, the weather sucked, it sucked. All of it. Sucked. Ugly. All of it.

Yep, yep, and yep.

chagrin
02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I don't know man, even though the singing wasn't that good, Rolling Stones musicianship was in good shape. Ron Wood playing slide, I enjoyed that part of the halftime show.

wazu
02-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I only noticed a couple of questionable calls. The push off, and something else I can't remember, both of which favored the Steelers. I definitely didn't see 11 points worth of bad calls, though. All-in-all, I thought the officiating was about average.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude, Raiderhader is back! what=ta dah f*ck-a is a chinese-a down-a-hill? Where the heck have you been?

:) I've been working a lot. I went through the same phase a few years back when I was working at Best Buy, just not a lot of activity on the Planet, or the internet as whole for that matter. I think about this place daily, but just don't sign in (Amazingly, I still I am still averaging 10 + posts per day). I get home, get something to eat, and go to bed, and sleep late (or get up early if I have to work the lunch shift). The life of a bartender, what can I say?

You'll never be completely rid of me though, you all aren't that lucky. ;)

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I only noticed a couple of questionable calls. The push off, and something else I can't remember, both of which favored the Steelers.
The NFL rule book says "a receiver or defender is prohibited from "extending an arm across the body of a receiver (or defender)".

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4122/pushoff4cr0uj.gif

Jackson PUSHED the defender AWAY from the pass, in the OPPOSITE direction Jackson THEN MOVED TO, to make the catch. What's worse is the fact that he did it right smack dab in front of the official.

Sorry kids. That's text book Offensive Pass Interference.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:05 PM
I only noticed a couple of questionable calls. The push off, and something else I can't remember, both of which favored the Steelers. I definitely didn't see 11 points worth of bad calls, though. All-in-all, I thought the officiating was about average.
I think the one sequence in the 4th quarter was worth a lot of points. Whether it was called fairly or not, I'm not sure. The holding call on the RT kept Seattle from getting the ball inside the 5 where they could've pounded it in... the on the next play Alexander was horse collared with no call, which would've put them in better scoring position again. Then came the INT, and the illegal block call, which definitely was a poor call, gave Pittsburgh the ball at midfield where they could comfortably run a trick play to finish it.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
The NFL rule book says "a receiver or defender is prohibited from "extending an arm across the body of a receiver (or defender)".

Jackson PUSHED the defender AWAY from the pass, in the OPPOSITE direction Jackson THEN MOVED TO, to make the catch. What's worse is the fact that he did it right smack dab in front of the official.

Sorry kids. That's text book Offensive Pass Interference. Too bad you don't have the previous ten seconds of that play where Hope commits an illegal contact penalty.

If you're going to post video as proof, at least tell the whole story.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Too bad you don't have the previous ten seconds of that play where Hope commits an illegal contact penalty.

Illegal contact? Got a video of that or is this from memory?

Too bad you don't have a video of it to back up your claim.

Don't bring it up if you don't have the video either.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Too bad you don't have the previous ten seconds of that play where Hope commits an illegal contact penalty.

This pretty much says it all. It should have been either a "let 'em play" no call or an off setting penalties call.

I personally would prefer the let 'em play mentality, but either one was better than what was called.

Logical
02-07-2006, 08:22 PM
The acronym is in reference to the WWF, WWE, and whatever pro-wrestling leagues there are.

He could have said pro boxing, it actually would probably be a better comparison as the WWF is all scripted.
That is what I thought, since I knew WWF was scripted I did not follow the reference. I am not sure that boxing is fixed either as far as officials though I could see how you would draw that conclusion in some fights. I believe the only proven cases are of boxers themselves taking dives. I have heard that fixing soccer matches by buying off officials has occurred in some parts of the world.

Raiderhader

You are about to be owned, bud. Just giving you fair warning.

morphius
IMO, there were 4 bad calls that I know of.

1) The no catch and subsequent no fumble call when the Seattle player took 3 steps and had it knocked out of his hands.

2) The holding call against the Seattle lineman, though I could see how they would blow that one as the DE fell forward with him.

3) The worst was the tackle personal foul against Hasselbeck, just a terrible call.

4) The Pit be given a TO when the 0 was on the play clock.

They called offensive PI on both teams in the red zone, which knocked both teams out of FG range. I thought the push off was obvious in the end zone, every bit as obvious as the push off we all complained about on the long TD pass that Randy Moss had against us. You can argue there was illegal contact, and I know there was some, but did it really throw off the guys pass route?

The only things that really stuck out about this game is that both QB's were really off, the league MVP didn't seem to get anywhere near enough carries, and generally both teams looked like it was their first preseason game.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:23 PM

ROFL Sounds like someone that knows he's been had.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:24 PM
I knew WWF was scripted
The World Wildlife Fund is scripted too!!!??? :eek:

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 08:25 PM
That is what I thought, since I knew WWF was scripted I did not follow the reference. I am not sure that boxing is fixed either as far as officials though I could see how you would draw that conclusion in some fights. I believe the only proven cases are of boxers themselves taking dives. I have heard that fixing soccer matches by buying off officials has occurred in some parts of the world.

I didn't say it would be a perfect comparison, just a better one. Boxing fights are actually fixed in some cases, where as WWF fights are ALL staged. I wouldn't know anything about soccer. ;)

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Don't bring it up if you don't have the video either.I wish I had video, but all I have is a frame by frame sequence of the play that clearly shows Hope illegally contacting Jackson at the goal line. The first two frames make my case.

http://leeneitzel.com/image_files/NoTD/BadCall.jpg

wazu
02-07-2006, 08:27 PM

Sorry kids. That's text book Offensive Pass Interference.

Yeah, looking at it again, it look worse than I remembered. Even at the time I just felt that it was "questionable".

This game was basically fair. I've never seen so much whining over nothing. (And I'm usually the first in line to bash the refs.)

Raiderhader

That as well.

4th and Long
You are about to be owned, bud. Just giving you fair warning.
Meh.

First of all, I was talking SOLELY about the offensive pass interference call. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Then dipshit comes in here giving me grief about not having video proof of something I didn't even bring up, then proceeds to tell me all about this illegal contact and he can't produce jack shit.

Pot, meet kettle.

OnTheWarpath58
02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
3) The worst was the tackle personal foul against Hasselbeck, just a terrible call.

Didn't we get called for this recently? Can't remember which game.

Wanna say Buffalo. Anyway, while it may be a stupid rule, it is a rule. I vaguely recall the broadcast team working the Chiefs game it happened in actually getting clarification from the off-field officials and explaining it on the air.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Meh.

First of all, I was talking SOLELY about the offensive pass interference call. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Then dipshit comes in here giving me grief about not having video proof of something I didn't even bring up, then proceeds to tell me all about this illegal contact and he can't produce jack shit.

Pot, meet kettle.I just think your little video is a cherry picked clip that ignores the no calls that happened on the same play.

morphius
02-07-2006, 08:30 PM

Wanna say Buffalo. Anyway, while it may be a stupid rule, it is a rule. I vaguely recall the broadcast team working the Chiefs game it happened in actually getting clarification from the off-field officials and explaining it on the air.
its possible, only the replay shows he didn't even touch the guy he was accused of throwing the illegal block against.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:31 PM

No, the way I understood it, that is a legit penalty....if you try to take a blocker out below the knees. Hasselbeck did not do that, he actually tackled the ball carrier below the knees, not one of the blockers in front of him. That is not a penalty. Otherwise, there would be tens of flags a game for "illegal blocking" when somebody got hit low.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Meh.

Pot, meet kettle.
I don't know, looks like definite contact well beyond the 5 yard cushion to me.

Saulbadguy
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
The offensive pass interference was the correct call, but very ticky tacky.

What pissed me off MOST was the ref didn't throw the flag until the Pittsburgh player started bitching.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Meh.

Pot, meet kettle.

Of course if that is all you are talking about you are right. Funny how that is all you want to talk about though.

Actually, I thought Hope pushed before Jackson did. Regardless, there is frame by frame proof that Hope fouled in one way or another beofore Jackson did.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Also really, watching that video again, that's a nice edit job to kind've create a 'bounce' effect to make the pushoff look worse than it was. I do think he pushed off, but I don't think it looked quite as bad as it does in that selected clip.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I'll concede that Jackson pushed off. I've said that all along.

That doesn't change the fact that the ref chose to not call illegal contact on Hope on the same play (he could have called it twice).

It's bad officiating because the ref was not consistent on how tight he was calling the game on that play.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I wish I had video, but all I have is a frame by frame sequence of the play that clearly shows Hope illegally contacting Jackson at the goal line. The first two frames make my case.
Frame 1
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/8713/frame11dv.jpg

What exactly am I supposed to see so "clearly" here? The defender's fingertips, perhaps touching the receivers arm?

The picture quality is so poor you cant even judge depth. Who's arm is in front of/behind who's arm?

Frame 2
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/166/frame22cy.jpg

Again, nothing "clear" here. Do we see the defender reaching out for the receiver or do we see the receiver trying to stick an arm back, slowing the defender and trying to unbalance him perhaps?

These still frames are a far cry from any proof.
I just think your little video is a cherry picked clip that ignores the no calls that happened on the same play.
I didn't cherry pick anything. I was CLEARLY talking about offensive pass interference. The animated gif I posted demonstrates quite CLEARLY that there was indeed offensive pass interference. It's not a blurry still that we have to guess the movement and depth of the players.

morphius
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Also really, watching that video again, that's a nice edit job to kind've create a 'bounce' effect to make the pushoff look worse than it was. I do think he pushed off, but I don't think it looked quite as bad as it does in that selected clip.
Well, but there is still pushing off, so whats the editing matter? You don't have a defender just standing next to a WR like that suddenly get that much seperation and the the CB move that far the wrong direction. Easy call.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:41 PM
I'll concede that Jackson pushed off. I've said that all along.

That doesn't change the fact that the ref chose to not call illegal contact on Hope on the same play (he could have called it twice).

It's bad officiating because the ref was not consistent on how tight he was calling the game on that play.
In all fairness, the push off happened right on front of the official. I'm betting the official was watching the flight of the ball while the alleged illegal contact was occurring. Happens all the time. The follow the ball almost all the way to the receiver and look for PI and let the side judges worry about illegal contact.

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I'm more pissed about the non calls then the questionable calls. I watched it for the first time today and cannot believe some of the calls. (I'm not saying we lost because of it though) On Rothlisbergers scramble where he stopped just short of the LOS there were several blockers downfield, no call, then they don't review a Jackson TD where he clearly got his first foot down and then kicked the pylon with his other foot (is this not a TD? I'm honestly not sure of the rule here)
Phantom hold on Locklear when Pitt had 2 guys in the neutral zone on the snap, killing what would have been the go-ahead score in the 4th Q, giving them a crucial TO after the play clock expired etc.. Seemingly Pitt was not getting called for jack (0 penalties in the 2nd half) while Seattle was getting nailed for any ticky tack penalty they saw..

It was just a horrible job of officiating, hopefully something will be done so these idiots won't be the story like they were this week..

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Frame 1

What exactly am I supposed to see so "clearly" here? The defender's fingertips, perhaps touching the receivers arm?

The picture quality is so poor you cant even judge depth. Who's arm is in front of/behind who's arm?

Frame 2

Again, nothing "clear" here. Do we see the defender reaching out for the receiver or do we see the receiver trying to stick an arm back, slowing the defender and trying to unbalance him perhaps?

I didn't cherry pick anything. I was CLEARLY talking about offensive pass interference. The animated gif I posted demonstrates quite CLEARLY that there was indeed offensive pass interference. It's not a blurry still that we have to guess the movement and depth of the players.Yea, like I said, I wish I had video. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment or knowledge to get it from my Tivo to my computer.

If you have the entire play, I suggest you watch it. It is clear that Hope twice makes illegal contact before Jackson's push off.

If after watching the video, you still claim it's unclear, then we'll just have to disagree.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
In all fairness, the push off happened right on front of the official. I'm betting the official was watching the flight of the ball while the alleged illegal contact was occurring. Happens all the time. The follow the ball almost all the way to the receiver and look for PI and let the side judges worry about illegal contact.Fair enough. It's still bad officiating. Why the hell would the ref need to watch the ball? Balls don't commit penalties.

Either way, the ref was incompetent on the play.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, but there is still pushing off, so whats the editing matter? You don't have a defender just standing next to a WR like that suddenly get that much seperation and the the CB move that far the wrong direction. Easy call.
I really don't care, I just said right there I thought he pushed off... although you probably just as easily could've called illegal contact there. I say just let 'em play. I just wanna make 4th sweat because his bias is shining through... :)

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Yea, like I said, I wish I had video. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment or knowledge to get it from my Tivo to my computer.

If you have the entire play, I suggest you watch it. It is clear that Hope twice makes illegal contact before Jackson's push off.

If after watching the video, you still claim it's unclear, then we'll just have to disagree.
I dont have the entire play either. I wish I did. I found that gif on a Steelers board.

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I dont have the entire play either. I wish I did. I found that gif on a Steelers board.

FWIW I just watched on my tivo and thew corner initiated contact at the goal line, then when Hass scrambled and Jackson went into scramble mode he sort of stiff armed as he cut back.. The key is the DB initiated contact.. If you are going to call a penalty it has to be on the contact initiator, otherwise let them play..

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
I really don't care, I just said right there I thought he pushed off... although you probably just as easily could've called illegal contact there. I say just let 'em play. I just wanna make 4th sweat because his bias is shining through... :)
OK, look tk. I have no vested interest in who that game. No money bets, or bets of any kind. The only possible "bias" I had was for the AFC to win the Super Bowl and represent our league.

Frankly I'm sick to death of all the plays being examined like the frickin' Zapruder film.

If I can get the conspiracy theorists to open their minds for just a moment ...

The Steelers are deserving Super Bowl XL Champions. Think twice before you think conspiracy.

The evidence seems damning. The Seahawks won the yardage battle, the turnover battle, the quarterback battle, the time of possession battle. They had a Darrell Jackson touchdown pass negated by a penalty; a first-and-goal called back because of offensive holding; a goal-line stand squashed because of the sideline judge's questionable ruling.

This stack of facts, coupled with the knowledge that a Pittsburgh win would play better for the NFL, creates a case that Seattle had its first championship ripped from its hands from the referees, maybe even the league.

"We knew it was going to be tough going up against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well," said a soon-to-be-lighter-in-the-wallet Mike Holmgren, addressing a crowd of injured Seahawks fans at Qwest Field Monday.

Now, emotion clouds judgment, and it's easy for fans, players and coaches alike to feel that there was an overwhelming force working against them Sunday. In reality, though, they were restrained by a more disciplined team and league rules, and that's it.

Let's break it down, pitting the calls versus the NFL rulebook:

1) Jackson's pass interference. According to the rulebook, a receiver or defender is prohibited from "extending an arm across the body of a receiver (or defender)".

Did this happen?

2) Sean Locklear holding that negated Jerramy Stevens' catch that would have set up first-and-goal at the two. The book says: Hand(s) or arm(s) that encircle a defender-i.e., hook an opponent-are to be considered illegal and officials are to call a foul for holding.

Now watch again and ask, did Locklear hook the defender's arm as he came off the end?

3) Roethlisberger's TD run. A touchdown is when "any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent's goal line."

Given that it is not required to have a body part in the end zone or for the football to actually "touch down", it is left for the referee to decide if the ball even inched over the plane, one that they are forced to mentally project upward if the ball is still in the air.

Bad call, or bad rule?

Arguably both.

The bottom line is that there are rules that are asked to be
interpreted by people who are more well-versed in the intricacies of those rules than anybody.

The Seahawks left themselves vulnerable to those interpretations because of their actions and sub-par play.
As a result they lost, and lost by double-digits.

It is time to swallow that pill and recognize the Steelers for what they are - deserving Super Bowl Champions.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:51 PM
FWIW I just watched on my tivo and thew corner initiated contact at the goal line, then when Hass scrambled and Jackson went into scramble mode he sort of stiff armed as he cut back.. The key is the DB initiated contact.. If you are going to call a penalty it has to be on the contact initiator, otherwise let them play..
I feel bad for ya Joe but the game is officiated by humans and as we all know, humans make mistakes and cant see every aspect of every play.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Frame 1

Frame 2
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/166/frame22cy.jpg

I didn't cherry pick anything. I was CLEARLY talking about offensive pass interference. The animated gif I posted demonstrates quite CLEARLY that there was indeed offensive pass interference. It's not a blurry still that we have to guess the movement and depth of the players.

If you cannot clearly see Hopes hand around Jackson's arm in frame one, you are blind. The white (I'm bracing myself for all of the claims of racism against me) in his gloves clearly accentuates (sp?) it.

tk13
02-07-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't disagree with any of that. I think the Steelers are the champs and I'm happy for Cowher, I'm a big Cowher fan, he deserves to be a winner.

The officiating sucked though. I've got no problem saying that. I think Seattle had opportunities to overcome that, but I see no reason to be high and mighty and lay back and say "oh well" and treat anyone who thinks the officiating was subpar like some kinda tinfoil hat conspiracy freak. I don't think there was even any conspiracy, the officials had a job to do, and they did not do it well. Just like the players didn't, only difference will be that the players are held accountable for their actions. I expect better out of NFL officiating. You're the only one I see breaking down "fingertips on the arm" and depth-of-picture like its the Zapruder film here.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
If you cannot clearly see Hopes hand around Jackson's arm in frame one, you are blind. The white (I'm bracing myself for all of the claims of racism against me) in his gloves clearly accentuates (sp?) it.
People will see what thy WANT to see in still images. Ink blot test anyone?

It looks to me like Hopes right hand is BEHIND (closer to mid-field) Jackson arm. The image is too blurry to determine exacly where Hope's left hand is. Is it on Jackson's arm? In front of it (closer to the stands)?

I really cant give an honest opinion without a more clear picture.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 08:58 PM
You're the only one I see breaking down "fingertips on the arm" and depth-of-picture like its the Zapruder film here.
I think I'm going to re-register under a new user name.

The Warren Commission.

:D

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't disagree with any of that. I think the Steelers are the champs and I'm happy for Cowher, I'm a big Cowher fan, he deserves to be a winner.

The officiating sucked though. I've got no problem saying that. I think Seattle had opportunities to overcome that, but I see no reason to be high and mighty and lay back and say "oh well" and treat anyone who thinks the officiating was subpar like some kinda tinfoil hat conspiracy freak. I don't think there was even any conspiracy, the officials had a job to do, and they did not do it well. Just like the players didn't, only difference will be that the players are held accountable for their actions. I expect better out of NFL officiating. You're the only one I see breaking down "fingertips on the arm" and depth-of-picture like its the Zapruder film here.

zero penalties in the 2nd half.. :shake:

Logical
02-07-2006, 09:01 PM

ROFL I remembered that they actually now own that acronym but I figured no one else would get the reference if I joked about it.

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 09:03 PM
I feel bad for ya Joe but the game is officiated by humans and as we all know, humans make mistakes and cant see every aspect of every play.

You don't need to feel bad for me, just acknowledge that the officials did a lousy job yesterday.. Proven by all the national exposure today..

A good job of officiating is when they are not a post game story..

Logical
02-07-2006, 09:04 PM

What I believe is a crime is that the richest pro league in sports does not hire and train referees to do the job professionally and then impose athleticism/health requirements on those officials. Instead going the cheap route and paying fees to former college refs to do the job.

4th and Long
You don't need to feel bad for me, just acknowledge that the officials did a lousy job yesterday.. Proven by all the national exposure today..

A good job of officiating is when they are not a post game story..
The officiating was less than stellar.

There. I said it.

Everyone happy now?

tk13
zero penalties in the 2nd half.. :shake:
Oh yeah, I think I'm being fair here. But if that ever happened to the Chiefs, I'd have a hard time swallowing it, I'd prefer the officials let the players decide the game. That's why I'd like to see some effort being made to improve the officiating, because there is room for improvement. Between this game, and that horrid Polamalu call in the Indy game, some questionable calls in the Denver game, etc. That's one thing with parity, all the teams are so close together that all the games seem to come down to a play or two... it's not like the 80's and early 90's where you got these super dynasty teams that rolled everybody. And when it comes down to one play or two, one bad call can become huge.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:05 PM
People will see what thy WANT to see in still images. Ink blot test anyone?

It looks to me like Hopes right hand is BEHIND (closer to mid-field) Jackson arm. The image is too blurry to determine exacly where Hope's left hand is. Is it on Jackson's arm? In front of it (closer to the stands)?

I really cant give an honest opinion without a more clear picture.

You can't be serious? You probably are, but you can't seriously be? Can you? You know the game too well to be serious, right????

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:06 PM
What I believe is a crime is that the richest pro league in sports does not hire and train referees to do the job professionally and then impose athleticism/health requirements on those officials. Instead going the cheap route and paying fees to former college refs to do the job.
I've been saying that for decades.

In this day and age of modern technology, where we have the "right now" attitude (drive through food, high speed internet, pizza delivered in 30 minutes or less) you'd think the league would be working on some better technology to get the calls right.

Obviously, they're not.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
You can't be serious? You probably are, but you can't seriously be? Can you? You know the game too well to be serious, right????
I know the game just fine. I also know that picture is blurry as hell.

Can you argue, in any way, shape or form, that the picture is not blurry? Less than clear? Well? Can you? :p

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
The fact that the NFL broke down to pay these refs full time money is what is really disgusting.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:10 PM

A-f#cking-men! On this we can certainly agree. I thought it was completely devestation in '01 when right after 9-11 the league decided to break to the striking refs' demands and pay them more money. I can understand the attitude of "there are more important matters than thi silly squable over money" given the circumstances, but only to a point. If the refs aren't doing the job well, then you don't break down regardless. Since then, officiating has seemed to have only gotten worse. A great deal the league made there.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:13 PM
I know the game just fine. I also know that picture is blurry as hell.

Can you argue, in any way, shape or form, that the picture is not blurry? Less than clear? Well? Can you? :p

Knowing the game just fine as you claim to, can you clearly say that NEITHER of the defender's hands is pulling the receiver's arm back? That is not a natural extentension of an arm when one is running.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Knowing the game just fine as you claim to, can you clearly say that NEITHER of the defender's hands is pulling the receiver's arm back? That is not a natural extentension of an arm when one is running.
I dunno about that.

I heard you run like a girl. :p

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Can you show me that they were both not hand fighting all the way down the field? :D

Morphius
making it spin in circles

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I dunno about that.

No he throws like a girl, he runs like a sissy. :D

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:22 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAA!!!!! ROFL

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I dunno about that.

Heh heh heh. I'll take that as a change of subject instead of refutation of a valid point. ;)

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:23 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAAA!!!!! ROFL
I was going to say he catches like a girl, but that was too low of a blow.

Nzoner
02-07-2006, 09:24 PM
If I can get the conspiracy theorists to open their minds for just a moment ...

I said this last night but I've questioned the integrity of more than a few games over the years,this Superbowl however was not one of them.

IMO,it was just downright UGLY and that not only includes the officiating but the two missed field goals by Brown as well as the dropped passes by Stevens.

As far as I'm concerned Seattle didn't even belong in Superbowl XL and had it not been for getting to a face a 4th string Panther rb I'm not sure they would've been there and I for one would've loved to have seen a healthy Deshaun Foster and the Panthers take on the Steelers.

Go ahead and blast me for my opinion,but the Seahawks were not near as good as there record indicated.

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I said this last night but I've questioned the integrity of more than a few games over the years,this Superbowl however was not one of them.

IMO,it was just downright UGLY and that not only includes the officiating but the two missed field goals by Brown as well as the dropped passes by Stevens.

As far as I'm concerned Seattle didn't even belong in Superbowl XL and had it not been for getting to a face a 4th string Panther rb I'm not sure they would've been there and I for one would've loved to have seen a healthy Deshaun Foster and the Panthers take on the Steelers.

Go ahead and blast me for my opinion,but the Seahawks were not near as good as there record indicated.

You're nuggin futs... ;)

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Can you show me that they were both not hand fighting all the way down the field? :D

Morphius
making it spin in circles

Of course they were handfighting down the field, up to and including in the endzone, which makes it a non-call at best and an off setting call at worst.

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorist here, I'm talking specificaly about this play.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:28 PM

You have me confused with ENDelt. ;)

jspchief
02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
I don't know how they can make the refs "full time". The season only lasts half a year. What are you going to have them do for the other half?

And they already make a lot of money working part time. Can the league justify paying 100+ refs 500k a year?

I'm just not sure the logistics of the "full time" idea really work.

Nzoner
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
You're nuggin futs... ;)

That too.

Seriously,just one fans opinion and with no disrespect meant to you Joe.

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't know how they can make the refs "full time". The season only lasts half a year. What are you going to have them do for the other half?

And they already make a lot of money working part time. Can the league justify paying 100+ refs 500k a year?

I'm just not sure the logistics of the "full time" idea really work.
MAKE 'EM WATCH FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 HOURS A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Of course they were handfighting down the field, up to and including in the endzone, which makes it a non-call at best and an off setting call at worst.

I'm not one of the conspiracy theorist here, I'm talking specificaly about this play.
So to me that could be a good no call on the hand fighting because nobody got any advantage, and when someone did something that gave them a real advantage a flag had to be thrown. It wasn't like the CB was sitting there holding him and he had to push off just to get free from his grasp.

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:31 PM
You have me confused with ENDelt. ;)
No, I don't think he is ever sober enough to actually run.

Joe Seahawk
02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
That too.

Seriously,just one fans opinion and with no disrespect meant to you Joe.

None taken.. It's all good..:)

4th and Long
02-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Does he fall like a sissy perhaps?

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Does he fall like a sissy perhaps?
I don't know, but when you pass out before 1 in the afternoon, things are not good.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:43 PM
So to me that could be a good no call on the hand fighting because nobody got any advantage, and when someone did something that gave them a real advantage a flag had to be thrown. It wasn't like the CB was sitting there holding him and he had to push off just to get free from his grasp.

As I said previously, I think Hope actually pushed off of Jackson just before the vice versa happened. Watch a replay and tell me I'm wrong.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:44 PM

I don't know about running, I can;'t think of a time I have ever run around this group, but the throwing... you most certainly have me confused with Brian.

Raiderhader
02-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't know, but when you pass out before 1 in the afternoon, things are not good.

OK, this cements it, you most certainly have me confused with Brian. How I don't know, but you do.

morphius
02-07-2006, 09:47 PM
OK, this cements it, you most certainly have me confused with Brian. How I don't know, but you do.
No, there I was talking about Brian.

Guru
02-07-2006, 11:08 PM

guess that would have just made for offsetting penalties then.

KCWolfman
02-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Bad officiating, certainly.

An agenda? Hardly. Unless that agenda changes every week because I was told the Colts were supposed to win it all this year.

jspchief
02-07-2006, 11:11 PM
guess that would have just made for offsetting penalties then.Thank you, captain obvious.

Guru
02-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Thank you, captain obvious.

You're welcome.

Lenny

greg63
02-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Thank you, captain obvious.

Man; I'm really falling down on the job. kcchiefsguru has replaced me as Captain Obvious. :banghead:

Chiefnj
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Horrible officiating and horrible clock management by the Seahawks.