PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson--MVP, Pro Bowl 2006

Color Red
02-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Of course it doesn't matter. Of course nobody cares! But you heard it hear first: Larry Johnson will be the MVP of the Pro Bowl this weekend. Why? Because while most players will be standing around in the sun in Hawaii, LJ will be "running angry" as he always does. This will be his moment to shine on some kind of NFL national stage. When other Chiefs linemen or players will be in the lineup, they may provide the spark or the block to spring LJ loose. I expect Johnson will break off at least two runs of near thirty yards or more. He's still venting from being a half time player while everyone has sung the praises of Tomlinson or even Alexander. There is a point he wants to prove, and he's going to do it.

CoMoChief
02-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Personally I would rather have him not play at all. Dont want something bad to happen to him.

Halfcan
02-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Nice post, I hope you are right.

CHENZ A!
02-08-2006, 08:33 PM
Personally I would rather have him not play at all. Dont want something bad to happen to him.

I agree

Dunit35
02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
That would be pretty cool if he was MVP of it. But I just hope he doesn't get hurt or for that matter any KC player. I will forever condemn the Pro Bowl if one of our players goes down.

jspchief
02-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Yea, Larry Johnson is different than all the othe athletes there. He's going to be trying. :rolleyes:

Wile_E_Coyote
02-08-2006, 09:01 PM
it sure is nice seeing the AFC's best in red, even if they aren't really trying

leviw
02-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Wow. I didn't even realize there were other players playing this year. Thought Peyton was taking on the NFC by himself.

Damn ESPN is misleading.

Guru
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Wow. I didn't even realize there were other players playing this year. Thought Peyton was taking on the NFC by himself.

Damn ESPN is misleading.

Damn, I really hate the Mannings. :cuss:

BigMeatballDave
02-09-2006, 12:20 AM
But you heard it hear first: Larry Johnson will be the MVP of the Pro Bowl this weekend. Ummm, No. You're 2nd...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2950328&postcount=3

greg63
02-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Of course it doesn't matter. Of course nobody cares! But you heard it hear first: Larry Johnson will be the MVP of the Pro Bowl this weekend. Why? Because while most players will be standing around in the sun in Hawaii, LJ will be "running angry" as he always does. This will be his moment to shine on some kind of NFL national stage. When other Chiefs linemen or players will be in the lineup, they may provide the spark or the block to spring LJ loose. I expect Johnson will break off at least two runs of near thirty yards or more. He's still venting from being a half time player while everyone has sung the praises of Tomlinson or even Alexander. There is a point he wants to prove, and he's going to do it.

That would be cool. :thumb:

Warrior5
02-09-2006, 06:46 AM
Hadn't thought about this before; there's a lot of merit to what you're saying.

I just don't want him to get hurt trying to prove something.

chefsos
02-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Doesn't seem worthy of a new thread, so I'll drop it in here.

One of the guys on Mike & Mike (I can't tell 'em apart yet) predicted that LJ will break the league rushing record this year. FWIW.

Garcia Bronco
02-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Coach Shanahan has already said that he'll only be in on Special Teams playing in the wedge.

Bob Dole
02-09-2006, 09:40 AM

Damn ESPN is misleading.

Didn't they also say that the NFC would be coached by a mini Ditka?

TEX
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I've really never been into the Pro Bowl or any league All Star game for that matter. I can see how some would like it though.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Coach Shanahan has already said that he'll only be in on Special Teams playing in the wedge.

he'd be so pissed off, he would hurt someone, if not himself ROFL

Garcia Bronco
02-09-2006, 09:56 AM

ROFL

chefsos
02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
"I'm kicking my own ass!"

Cave Johnson
02-09-2006, 09:58 AM
As long as LJ's not playing flag football on the beach, I'm fine with it.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-09-2006, 10:06 AM
"I'm kicking my own ass!"it made me think of DT

goading Neil Smith on in that old phone(I think) commercial

vailpass
02-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Yea, Larry Johnson is different than all the othe athletes there. He's going to be trying. :rolleyes:

Going half-speed is a damn good way to get hurt.
(not wishing injury on any player, just pointing out a fact)

ChiefButthurt
02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Ummm, No. You're 2nd...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2950328&postcount=3

Damn you bitch slapped him.

BigMeatballDave
02-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Damn you bitch slapped him.
:D

StcChief
02-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Don't want anything to happen on this junket to any Chief.

unlurking
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Agreed. I do like the NHL skills competitions though.

jspchief
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
Going half-speed is a damn good way to get hurt.
(not wishing injury on any player, just pointing out a fact)If you think the Pro Bowlers are giving 100% you are either stoned, or naive.

If you think LJ is going to give more effort than anyone else out there, just because he's "angry", you're a homer.

vailpass
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
If you think the Pro Bowlers are giving 100% you are either stoned, or naive.

If you think LJ is going to give more effort than anyone else out there, just because he's "angry", you're a homer.

Whoah JSP go easy on me there! I'm pretty sure I'm not naive (though maybe I'm just to naive to realize it) and smoking pot would only interfere with my drinking time.

When you mentioned playing half-speed it immediately reminded me of what our coaches used to tell us: if you're on the field be at full go because the minute you coast you are leaving yourself wide open for the big hit. I guess that really doesn't apply to the Pro Bowl. **** me.

jspchief
02-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Whoah JSP go easy on me there! I'm pretty sure I'm not naive (though maybe I'm just to naive to realize it) and smoking pot would only interfere with my drinking time.

When you mentioned playing half-speed it immediately reminded me of what our coaches used to tell us: if you're on the field be at full go because the minute you coast you are leaving yourself wide open for the big hit. I guess that really doesn't apply to the Pro Bowl. **** me.I didn't mention "half speed". You did.

Are you telling me you think those guys give 100%? Have you ever watched the pro Bowl?

vailpass
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I didn't mention "half speed". You did.

Are you telling me you think those guys give 100%? Have you ever watched the pro Bowl?

Dude you are mis-reading me today. In no way shape or form would I ever contend that the PB players are doing anythng more than half-assing it. That's why I don't even watch the "game"; it's more like a no-contact game of pass-goal.

sedated
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
I hope none of the Chiefs play.

Have 'em watch the game sitting next to BigWillie

Cave Johnson
02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Come on, no one remembers Robert Edwards?

leviw
02-09-2006, 02:32 PM

Nobody wants to remember his 23 carries, 104 yards, three receptions, 32 yards and two touchdowns against us in the 1998 40-10 thrashing the Pats put on us in Foxboro.

Although, apparently I remember it fairly well. :shake:

greg63
02-10-2006, 06:15 AM

Who???

;)